Now, who wants to talk about how pathetic Magdalene is (on the female side) vs Trey (on the male side)?

Gideon needs to tell her that..! She's parked at dumb and stuck on stupid..!! Magdalena needs to tell her about what she saw in the library, which made (Magdalena) realize gideon loves eva, To knock some since in Corrine..!!

Yes Gideon needs to take off the white gloves and deal Corinne a dose of reality. She's a big girl and as Fergie sings Big Girls Don't Cry . She is the one who left Gideon and married another guy take responsibility for your actions. Gideon should have no guilt where she is concerned and he needs to get over it too.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooooo, goody, I've finally got some additions to my wanna-lynch-Corrine crew. :) !!

Hi LNCronan,

Let me be very clear so that there is no possibility of any kind of misinterpretation: You are completely entitled to your own thoughts, your own theories, your own opinions and your own revenge plots.  Cool!  I wouldn’t ever want to change that.

I am sure that each and every single one of us has thought of a way or two to seek retribution against a character that we feel has done wrong, but what I take issue with is the writing down or the open written communication of “Lynching a character†thing.  It is a step too far!

Although you and I and many of the readers here may be sane rational people, we still have to account for the fact that there may be a few people (who visit this web site) who are not mentally stable.  As such each and every one of us bears a modicum of responsibility in what we post.

Again you may not agree with my position and that is fine.  Let me clear, I will absolutely respond vigorously if those types of responses are posted.  

Yes Gideon needs to take off the white gloves and deal Corinne a dose of reality. She's a big girl and as Fergie sings Big Girls Don't Cry . She is the one who left Gideon and married another guy take responsibility for your actions. Gideon should have no guilt where she is concerned and he needs to get over it too.

What really made Corrine mad was when Eva left the dinner gideon went running after her..! She left gideon hoping it would open him up and he just simply went the other way and let her marry someone else..!! That eat her up.. Seeing the man you love do something to another women that you wanted him to do to you..!! Completely heart breaking..! So just as Eva is jealous of Corrine, Eva doesn't see it but Corrine is just as jealous of Eva..!!

Hi Sscrph,

I think that Gideo bares some of the responsibility for the whole Corinne situation.  Gideon was never honest with Corinne from the start.  He never loved her, he wanted to love her but in the end the feelings weren't there.  Instead of pulling Corinne aside and letting her off the hook, he allowed her to falsely believe that she just walked away from a guy who really loved her.

I think that is cruel.  what Corinne did to Eva wasn't right, but she isn't the only who is to blame for this entire situation.  If Gideon wants to grow as a human being, he will put on his "big boy pants" and tell Corinne the truth.  Thus far each woman has been left to their own devices and making false assumptions based on Gideon's lack of communication.  What does everyone think?

Hi Sscrph,

I think that Gideo bares some of the responsibility for the whole Corinne situation.  Gideon was never honest with Corinne from the start.  He never loved her, he wanted to love her but in the end the feelings weren't there.  Instead of pulling Corinne aside and letting her off the hook, he allowed her to falsely believe that she just walked away from a guy who really loved her.

I think that is cruel.  what Corinne did to Eva wasn't right, but she isn't the only who is to blame for this entire situation.  If Gideon wants to grow as a human being, he will put on his "big boy pants" and tell Corinne the truth.  Thus far each woman has been left to their own devices and making false assumptions based on Gideon's lack of communication.  What does everyone think?

That being said, isn't Gideon's lack of communication the root of much of the controversy in the books? I think so what does everyone else think?

That being said, isn't Gideon's lack of communication the root of much of the controversy in the books? I think so what does everyone else think?

Gideon's consistent refusal to be open and honest with other people -- sometimes to refuse to be honest even with himself -- is at the root of many of his overall personal issues and is specifically his major problem with Eva. His default setting is to shut up and even sometimes shut down. 

Eva's consistent insecurity -- including trouble believing she's worthy of being loved, not just some sexual object -- is at the root of her major problems with Gideon. Her default setting has been to refuse to believe Gideon loves her, consistently over-react when threatened, and even reject him by running away.

Eva's "runners" repeatedly brought the relationship to the brink in Bared, but in Reflected, she started changing for the better when she finally learned to stand her ground and try to work things out. Gideon's secret-keeping strained the relationship throughout Bared.

In Reflected, Gideon destroyed the relationship by refusing to tell her the truth, and even by lying to her by omission through his own actions. She didn't pull a runner -- he deliberately pushed her away, and in the end she walked.

However, at the very end of Reflected, he began to change for the better by starting to open up and by begging her to give him another chance. This second chance for both of them together to finally get it right is what Entwined will be about.