One with You

Gaia

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, the date of 24 November appears on a lot of sites for a paperback with the title een met jou by Sylvia Day.  Also on Amazon.de  http://www.amazon.de/Een-met-jou-druk-Crossfire/dp/9400506058

So bearing in mind Captivated by You released in Netherlands on 2 December and in Germany on 8 December the first publication date for One With You could be late October/early November???? 

But let's not get too excited, this could be an error on the part of those web sites. 

Ugh....so bummed that we still have no confirmed release date.  I'll be so bummed if it winds up not being until around Valentines day of 2016.  I'm not complaining, because I want it to be perfect, but it's so hard to wait!

I almost wonder if there is just too much to wrap up in one more book and if there is some back and forth between Sylvia and the publishers about possibly extending the series to 6 books to make sure that Sylvia is happy with where it all ends.

I can just see the complaints from trilogy fans if a sixth book is announced - personally I'd be very happy to have a book a year about the characters (spin-offs about Cary, Ireland etc.) but even now there are still people moaning about the amount of books.

There were rumours some months ago about a sixth book but Sylvia was pretty emphatic that there would only be five - although as we know, things can change. 

If I remember correctly there was also going to be at least one of the books for the Blacklist series released this year but no sign of that (web site no longer has any anticipated release years mentioned).  The lady has had a very busy year with other commitments to book fairs, author events and the like and always seems to be travelling so no surprise there's been little new output this year. 

more than 5 books would be fine with me, that way we can get more of Gideva!!  Maybe a baby story to go with it!!, but I do remember a while back that Sylvia said that  she had finished writing the Crossfire series and that OWY would come out shortly after CBY.  (maybe I misread something)  I remember seeing an interview that Diana Gabaldon gave concerning her Outlander series.  She signed a 3 book deal, but she had told them it wasn't a trilogy, that there was more to come, and boy was there!!!  8 books and at least one more!!!

Anyways I am still waiting patiently.   (I still put the blame of the delay with the publisher)  Sylvia has been a busy woman lately.....  Cheers

One of those web sites now has the date of 01/03/16 - not sure if that is UK style so March or US so January.  Whichever, it's still a lot more than a few months between books.  Wonder if the rumours are correct that although the book was supposed to be finished, it is being re-written. 

Note, I am not complaining, although I'd have loved an earlier release date.  Will be happy to have the book whenever it releases and if it is being re-written that can only be because the author is fulfilling our needs for a really good ending to this series.  It's the author's right to get their book out when they are ready for it to be released, not just to fit in with readers wishes, heaven forbid any author put out a rushed work that could be seen as sub-standard, when a little patience on the part of readers is all that is required.  I really hate the comments some write on Ms  Day's facebook page and the constant 'when is book 5 coming out' when all the information people need is on her web site.  I know some would like to see a reason for the delay but again it's the author's (or publisher) prerogative to put their book out when they are ready to.

Photo of David Gandy looking very Gideon-like  :)

CKSKDEMUEAAxQYh.jpg

Hey everyone I am fairly new here, I think I posted a couple of times over the last few months. I occasionally work in Amsterdam (Europe) and a colleague showed me a pre-order link for One with you with a release date for the Dutch translated Version of March 2016. Last time there was a month between the English version and the Dutch version. So we assumed February 2016 for the US version. Just speculating though :) I am impressed how you have all kept positive during this wait.

The Dutch book websites say the book is 352 pages long - I have also seen another date on their pages but I'm not going to tempt fate by saying what that is as I suspect it cannot be correct, although I wish it was as we would all be very happy.

487295302.jpg

I do believe at this point they may be looking at/shooting for a Valentines Day release.  And if the book is being re-written, good for Sylvia for doing what she knows will make her and the readers the happiest with the ending of the book.  I'll wait (though impatiently at times....LOL) as long as it takes!  Part of me almost wonders too if there is some speculation on the publisher's part about when EL James will release the next installment of the books from Christian's POV and are trying to make sure that Sylvia gets her book out without being overshadowed by that.  After all, Grey came out so suddenly, with no real warning; but I have to think all the big publishers knew about it, and just kept it secret to drive up sales when it did release. 

And to all you ladies who have David Gandy as Gideon...yes, yes and a resounding...YES PLEASE! :) That man is exactly how I picture Gideon....smoldering hot....and those eyes....*sigh*

916ba451685f9e34d0a5dbf80cc7e817.jpg

Yes, Gideon is clean shaven, I don't think there was even a mention of stubble on his chin in the books. 

David Gandy with Henry Cavill in London tonight.  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

10ft3jb.png

Edited by D500
add further comment

• 3 weeks later...

Well people, I am truly pathetic.....I am rereading the Crossfire series ( I have lost count as to how many times), but I am reading them slowly....also reading another book along with it.  Maybe by the time that I have finished all four books, we will have a release date.  Don't think I will be reading them that slow, but one can hope!!!

Hope everyone is doing well, especially Sylvia Day!!

“No, I’m irritated. These only make me appreciate what I have with Eva more. And knowing that they’ll hurt her sure as doesn’t make me feel sentimental about the past. This is our final good-bye, Corinne. ” I held her gaze, making sure she saw my resolve. “If you come back here, I won’t see you.”

“I won’t be back. You’ll have to—”

Scott beeped through and I picked up the phone. “Yes?”

“Miss Tramell is here for you.”

Corrine went to say something and got cut off. What does everyone think she was going to say?

Corinne just doesn't get it...she actually thinks she still has a chance with Gideon even after he told her he has been married for 3 weeks.  I think she was going to say something like "you'll have to come crawling on your hands and knees to me if you ever want to speak with me again."

I have finished rereading the Crossfire series (again) and the two excerpts for OWY.  Here is the scenario I have for why and how Eva leaves her job.

I am assuming that it is Thursday after Gideon and Eva met for coffee early in the morning...Mark has informed WF&L that he will be accepting their offer and will be staying, but that Eva won't be helping him with the LanCorp Acct.  When WF&L informs LanCorp that Mark will be heading their account, but with a new assistant they are NOT happy and insist that Miss Trammell be on their account.  I feel they want her there so that she and, of course Cross Industries, takes the blame for some kind of leak or product failure.  Also I believe that Landon wants to be able to boast that he has the GREAT Gideon Cross's fiancee/wife at his beck and call.  WF&L informs Eva that she is in no position to pick and choose which accounts she will work on and that she must  work on the LanCorp Account or leave.  Eva gives them her notice, and that is why the next day or Friday will be her last day.....

Sorry that I rambled on, but it has been 11 months and I miss Eva and Gideon.  I need to know how their story ends and how they get their HEA !!

Laters

Edited by jmhope

Slightly off topic but adding here as this is the thread most people are currently posting in.

I've just read a review on Amazon.com which basically slates Captivated by You but as with some other reviews mentions grammatical errors.  Now I have read the books several times now (re-reading the previous ones prior to publication of new book and then a read through all four), and my job for years was editing people's written work for typos and grammatical errors and if there are errors in any of the books I have not spotted them.  Now I'm not doing that work perhaps my checking is slipping?  The reviewer felt Fifty Shades was a better book and story - I'm definitely not slating 50 shades as I enjoyed reading it but to my mind it was not as well written as Sylvia's books plus I liked the way Sylvia almost made this story into a crime thriller with the murder of Nathan, the bracelet etc.  Pity that part of the story ended so easily - making Gideon a murderer was quite something to add to the story, particularly as that is something he cannot discuss with a therapist and remains between him and Eva - if that subject bothers him in the future he needs Eva to be there for him.

One recent reviewer also mentions the 'bad language' which I presume is Gideon calling Eva's 'parts' c**t and his own c**k or d**k.  The c**t word no longer offends me but I appreciate it does still offend others as it was thought to be the most offensive word in the English language.  But I have never thought of my own parts as p***y and my boyfriends always referred to c**t. I guess a lot of writers chose to use the p word instead of the c so as not to offend readers whereas Sylvia writes it as it is.

Also still fed up of how many people are moaning that there are 5 books and this is all a money making exercise.  I've seen others comment on Facebook that if it were money making then the 5th book would have been rushed and released to make money, not held back as long as it has (presumably some re-writing going on, it was fairly clear from the two excerpts Sylvia posted on her web site that she was still writing the story, even though we had earlier been told One With You was being written alongside Captivated - suspect the characters continued to talk to her and she had to revise what was already written).   No idea what exactly is holding the book back from release, be it the writer still writing or the publisher waiting for 'the right time', but it really does not look like either the writer or publisher strung this out to 5 books to make more money.  Those who have understood better the abuse background for both characters and seen how Eva's recovery from it has worked but that Gideon still has a long way to go, surely realised more writing was needed.

And one last thought (Sunday morning ramblings) - Gideon's mother did not believe he had been abused - so he has backed away from her, treats her coldly, does not act as if he loves her - how come at no point did it ever occur to her to find out why he acts like that?  I'm interested to find out why her husband did not know about the accusation, although Gideon thought he did know.