Did Gideon lie to Eva about his sexual encounters?

Tramalam

Unless the hotel had somekind of BDSM club or "Special Rooms" with swings, where did Gideon learn about that kind of lifestyle?

He comes across thoughout the series knowing all about it, e.g.( safewords, handcuffs, swings )

In BTY, Gideon tells Eva he doesn't do anal play but Anne Lucas reveals in CBY that bondage and anal play was Gideons thing.

He tells Anne that hundreds of women know him that way. I'm guessing he's lying to her or is he lying to Eva?

I feel that there's too much confusion about Gideons sexual past. 

Maybe it's because tying up women and flogging them to get off was his thing and until he learned about Eva's past.

IMO....Gideon hasn't really been all that truthful with Eva. He hasn't really lied to her persay, but....in BTY he said that he has had more sex with Eva in the past weeks than he has had in a long time, but when Dr. P asks about his sexual encounters he replys maybe once a twice a week on average ???? but then he explains the difference to Eva at the beach house, since he said he always didn't use his d**k. He also said that he didn't mastu***te, then said that he used to ge* of* in the shower every morning before he met Eva.....what is he thinking? Oh well, maybe he looked up stuff on line to find out or maybe Hugh showed him the way.

Hi, and welcome :)

During the sexual abuse with Hugh (Annes brother), Gideon experienced to be without control, and as the abuse stopped he most likely decided to never be without control and never be a victim again. That is probably one of the reasons why he started his MMA training and why it is so important to him that he has control at all times, also during s*x.

He took girls to the f**kpad (hotel), but it doesn't say that he f**ked every girl he brought there, he might just have used all the s*xtoys. That way he would have participated, but still had total control in the situation. He didn't like to be the prey, so by being the one who dominated he took his control back.

I believe that Gideon and Anne were into SMBD. I think the main reason is because G saw Hugh in Anne, and by flogging Anne he in someway was punishing Hugh at the same time. I interpret that G could preform anal on others, but not on himself. I think SMBD was Ann&Gideons "thing", and that he was at his "darkest"when he was with her.

If I'm not totally wrong, he said to Eva that he didn't have much experience with the swing?!?

About the numbers of partners, it can be a question of definition. He can have been with hundreds of women, but it isn't certainly that he sc**wed them besides with the toys.

I choose to believe at he is not lying to Eva, and maybe we'll get a better understanding about him and his past in the final book.

BTW you don't have to be into SMBD to know about handcuffs, safewords or a swing :)

He seems well read about things relevant to s*x e.g. checking up in Bared to You if Eva had recently waxed so he may just have trawled the internet (probably as a teenager or young adult) to find out what was what?

However he does say during the elevator scene that 'I can't snap. Not with you.' and when Eva asked if he was different with the others and didn't hold back he replies 'Yes, I was different! You made me different.' Maybe, other than Corrine where we do not know if he had normal relations, his encounters had only been with women who needed 'taming' as he also mentioned in CBY.

Remember though that after he told Anne about the hundreds of women, in his head he was thinking "I wish what I'd said were true, but I had been particularly depraved with her, seeing ghosts of her brother in the curve of her smile, her mannerisms - " . Presumably he was doing to Anne what he was doing to Hugh in his nightmares. Hugh taught Gideon to get excited by looking at pictures of women similar to his own mother, m****bated him and penetrated him - he may also have tied him up (in the 'playing with his millions' blow job scene he mentions "the sensation of being bound dredging up memories I kept ruthlessly buried." Hugh also taught Gideon that the way to control his anger was with s*x and it does seem that the s*x Hugh taught him was aggressive. Not sure if it was Angus who introduced Gideon to MMA as an alternative anger control method but it seems likely as no other adult in the Vidal household seemed capable of sorting this out. I can't see that Gideon stopped being the angry youth/teenager under Hugh's therapy, I'd have thought it made him more angry, especially after Lucas had checked him over and said nothing had been done to him and, presumably, Hugh was able to continue with the abuse.

Deanna had heard he was 'dark' - she may have picked that up from rumour or direct from Anne. We know Deanna didn't get what she wanted from Gideon.

I don't think he lies to Eva, just doesn't tell her everything - only what he feels she can cope with. Just the possibility of a nightmare making him attack her is enough for her to deal with, without knowing what he used to do with women.

I have read in comments on other sites that Sylvia once said the books were 'vanilla', not sure if that just meant Gideon and Eva or any s*x in the books. But her plans for the story could have changed, I do remember reading her commenting that she would not write from Gideon's POV as there was so much going on in his head, and she changed her mind on that.

Whatever, with Eva he found he was capable of having a vanilla relationship although he exercised a level of control (for instance holding her hands down so she couldn't touch him - and if someone knows why not having your woman touch you is needed for control during s*x I'd love to know the answer).

Through Eva Gideon has also realised he actually enjoys the excitement from the risk that comes with having s*x in places where you might be walked in on. Eva didn't seem to be too disturbed when Maggie walked into the library and saw Gideon eating her, and only slightly perturbed when Christopher later walked in when Gideon and Eva were actually having s*x. Gideon wasn't aware of Maggie but he was of Christopher and he continued in Christopher's prescence.

If someone knows why not having your woman touch you is needed for control during s*x I'd love to know the answer).

I don't know If it is the answer, and I don't know if it has anything to do with control... The first thing that comes to my mind is that Gideon in that scene is totally out of it. I guess that the conversation with Chris Sr triggered all of his hidden away feelings. Some victims can not stand to be touched when they feel shame, nauseous, embarrassed and so on. In addition to that he is turned on, and very afraid to hurt Eva, afraid of himself and what he is capable of. So my guess is that the reason why she could not touch him in that scene, is a mix of all of this.

I don't know If it is the answer, and I don't know if it has anything to do with control... The first thing that comes to my mind is that Gideon in that scene is totally out of it. I guess that the conversation with Chris Sr triggered all of his hidden away feelings. Some victims can not stand to be touched when they feel shame, nauseous, embarrassed and so on. In addition to that he is turned on, and very afraid to hurt Eva, afraid of himself and what he is capable of. So my guess is that the reason why she could not touch him in that scene, is a mix of all of this.

I think he thought that if Eva touched him he wouldnt be able to let go and things would progress beyond what he was capable of handling at that moment...

Eva didn't seem to be too disturbed when Maggie walked into the library and saw Gideon eating her, and only slightly perturbed when Christopher later walked in when Gideon and Eva were actually having s*x. Gideon wasn't aware of Maggie but he was of Christopher and he continued in Christopher's prescence.

I don't remember Christopher walking in on them? Could you tell me what book/page that happens?

In Relected in You, Eva asks Gideon if he has used a swing before and he" shutters" before he replies not to ask that question. So therefore I feel he did use a swing before and it was not an experience that he enjoyed with that person. Perhaps he and Anne set one up in the hotel room.  He must have ,at one point been nice to Anne as Gideon tells Eva she was going to leave her husband for him. So they must have talked about being a couple...living together...even if Gideon was just leading her on to get to Dr. Lucas, her husband. Gideon is also a master of leaving out certain info...therefore not lieing..and controlling what Eva knows and how to handle her.

I don't remember Christopher walking in on them? Could you tell me what book/page that happens?

Bared to You, Chapter 16 second part of the Library encounter. Kindle location approx. 3342 and in the paperback starts bottom of page 237.