Have you ever considered Mr. Barker?

sscrph

I keep thinking about the New Year's snippet from Gideon's pov. He says that he would do it again and again to prevent Eva from ever being scared like she was with Nathan. It seems like he was referring to the murder. It could be about the cover up. I'm not sure.

I agree he never comes out and says exactly what he did he just says what I did and also there's no guarantee that those snippets will actually be in the book the only thing for certain is the first excerpt...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The book excerpt is the only set-in-stone text out there right now. But Sylvia had mentioned in the past -- though this was a while ago -- that Entwined might include some stuff from Gideon's point of view. Given that the book is going to delve into his dark past, I think it makes sense that the text sometimes delve into his thoughts.

The snippets do carry "Disclaimer: May be edited or deleted prior to publication." So it is possible they're simply very clever teasers instead of actual text. But the snippets have tied very closely to the snapshot clues -- in fact Sylvia herself said snapshot #2 is directly related to a snippet. My gut tells me the snippets will appear in the final text.

I am not 100% sure Gideon killed Nathan personally( have no doubts what so ever that he was involved in the planning and cover up) 1st of all if Gideon was with Corinne as we know at the Kingsman Vodka party it would be pretty hard for him to get away from her for the 30 minutes it took ( if he walked 15 minutes each way.) If Detective Graves was so ###### bent on breaking Gideon's alibi that she repeatably went to the hotel to interview employees its only logical she would have interviewed his date the one person who should supposidly be with him all night and there is no way he told Corinne anything. Especially considering Detective Graves implied she never believed Gideon was really back together with Corinne. Graves knew about Eva dumping Gideon Saturday morning even though the press was reporting Gideon broke up with Eva for Corinne on Monday. I personally believe Angus or Clancey did the actual deed while Gideon, Monica and Stanton planned everything out. They had to make sure they all had a alibi for the murder. Mr. Barker I don't think had anything to do with Nathan's murder he was probably not happy but relieved by his death though.

Hi Jennpenn926,

You make a really good point about the timeline of Nathan's murder. How could Gideon have left the Kingman Vodka Party, got to Nathan's hotel room, lured Nathan into opening the door, killing Nathan and then get back to the Party within a 30 minute time span? I don't buy it. So many things could potentially go wrong and I don't think that Gideon would have left anything to chance and as such couldn't have been capable of committing this murder in such a short amount of time.

I would also think that if Gideon did indeed commit this murder, he would have been walking very fast or even running or jogging to get to his destination, commit the murder and then have to run back. Wouldn't someone have noticed Gideon's flushed or sweaty appearance? Gideon would also have had a lot of adrenaline running through his veins and I am sure that it would have been very obvious to the guests at the party (that something was up or going on with Gideon).

I also don' think that Gideon could have explained his physical symptoms or his appearance to his guests for such a minor incident at the hotel. If there was a large fire at the hotel then yes I could have seen all of those physical pieces making sense to the guests, but not for a minor situation as a kitchen fire. I was lead to believe that the kitchen fire was a minor one and that the fire department was called as a matter of protocol and safety and not because the kitchen went up in flames. What does everyone think?