Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! That was the biggest take away from this chapter.

Exactly! They instantly felt the security, and with the little stunt Gideon pulled... Eva wouldn't have handled it or felt the way she did if they weren't married. I also think that with this new security then Gideon will be less hesitant in opening up and allowing Eva to help him because he now knows for sure that she won't run.

Maybe we are wrong about Gideon going to SD, maybe the new found security from the marriage will enable him to let Eva and Cary go to SD on their own...but I really sincerely doubt this!!!

Thank you. :)

I'm a bit perplexed as to why Eva is hesitant about her "engagement" when Gideon is more than happy to wear his wedding ring. I would be shouting it from the rooftops if I was married to Gideon. Could she still be subconsciously worried about the police?

Yes I really think that is part of the reason and also because of her past Eva is always afraid of being TOO happy... Like she's going to jinx herself or something...

Yeah, I continue to be baffled by why Eva is open about her engagement with coworkers and near strangers (at the Thursday evening benefit dinner) but didn't tell her mother when she had the opportunity as they were getting dressed for the dinner.  I can't imagine Monica not noticing Eva's new ring as they're sharing a dinner table together.  Everyone else seemed to notice!

As for the police/case against Gideon, I think the secret marriage might come into play, there, with Eva unable to be compelled to testify against Gideon.  Wouldn't that be a nice twist.

I'm still not sure who handed Gideon his Get Out of Jail Free card.  I think there are clues in the text to suggest it could be Clancy, but it could also have been Victor when he came back to New York after learning what Nathan did to Eva.  He was in the room when the police told Eva about Nathan's murder, and he saw Gideon's reaction.  He's supposed to be very perceptive.  And what *wouldn't* he do to protect his daughter and her happiness?  Victor has holes in his day that are presently unaccounted for - he couldn't have been sleeping with Monica from 9-5, surely - and his arrival was also suspect, as he didn't let Eva know exactly when he'd be arriving or what his flight details were and she couldn't get in touch with him all day.  Then he met her at baggage claim at a particular time, saying he just arrived.  But he could've have gotten to NYC hours earlier . . .

Yes I have always thought that when Victor said he had to stop by the station in the morning that he was referring to the station in NYC

And meeting with Graves and Michna or just Graves solely...

I shouldn't be suggesting this because in no way do I have the expertise to set something up, but I was thinking about something that used to (maybe still is) be on a Georgette Heyer website. Some admirer had set up a series of trivia contests asking extremely detailed and obscure questions. There were bubbles with choices offered and there were scores recorded. I think it went on for quite a long time.

Anyway, with this group it might be impossible to stump any of you. Maybe we could think of some just for fun. How about : What city does Victor live in?[/quote

Oceanside, Ca

Why didn't Eva mention the "engagement" while they were getting ready. Monica said Gideon had asked Stanton, so she knew it is coming. Eva had ample opportunity to tell Monica and Cary before they went out.

Her work colleagues were told as was Magdalene. Strange.

Good question.  Could it be that Eva didn't want to get into a heavy discussion with her mother prior to an event?  Could it be that Eva still felt distant from her mother because of the stunt that she pulled with the Rolex?  Or could it be that Eva knew that her mother would have been able to pull the truth out of Eva, so she avoided her mother and "that specific" discussion?  What does everyone think?  

Hi Everyone,

I think that the best line from Chapter 23 was:  "Crossfire," he whispered, his gaze hot on my face.  I touchd his chek ith my fingertips.  "We're learning form our mistakes."

I think that simple exchange between Gideon and Eva summed up their relationship.  It was very beautiful.  What does everyone think?

Oh wow Julie I thought that was strange too, the door was open for her to tell her Mom that she was already engaged (the cover story that is)  !!   :)

Hi Barb, 

Could it be that Eva didn't discuss Gideon's marriage proposal because she knew that she would be opening a big can of worms prior to an big event?  Could it be that Eva didn't tell her mother because, like many others in the forum said, Gideon already spoke with Stanton and therefore Monica would have been told by Stanton?  Could Monica have not needed to speak with Eva about Eva's engagement because it would have been a foregone conclusion?  What do you think?

Thank you. :)

I'm a bit perplexed as to why Eva is hesitant about her "engagement" when Gideon is more than happy to wear his wedding ring. I would be shouting it from the rooftops if I was married to Gideon. Could she still be subconsciously worried about the police?

It makes sense. 

Yeah, I continue to be baffled by why Eva is open about her engagement with coworkers and near strangers (at the Thursday evening benefit dinner) but didn't tell her mother when she had the opportunity as they were getting dressed for the dinner.  I can't imagine Monica not noticing Eva's new ring as they're sharing a dinner table together.  Everyone else seemed to notice!

As for the police/case against Gideon, I think the secret marriage might come into play, there, with Eva unable to be compelled to testify against Gideon.  Wouldn't that be a nice twist.

I'm still not sure who handed Gideon his Get Out of Jail Free card.  I think there are clues in the text to suggest it could be Clancy, but it could also have been Victor when he came back to New York after learning what Nathan did to Eva.  He was in the room when the police told Eva about Nathan's murder, and he saw Gideon's reaction.  He's supposed to be very perceptive.  And what *wouldn't* he do to protect his daughter and her happiness?  Victor has holes in his day that are presently unaccounted for - he couldn't have been sleeping with Monica from 9-5, surely - and his arrival was also suspect, as he didn't let Eva know exactly when he'd be arriving or what his flight details were and she couldn't get in touch with him all day.  Then he met her at baggage claim at a particular time, saying he just arrived.  But he could've have gotten to NYC hours earlier . . .

Hi Sarah, 

Welcome to the forum.  I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)

Could it be that Eva felt safe around her co-workers and didn't feel like she would receive a lecture from them about her choices?  Could it be that Eva just wanted someone to feel happy for her without any expectations of her?  What does everyone think?

Maybe Eva wants to speak to her dad first :)

Except they told her work people??

Hi Barb & Sheens, 

Could it be that Eva told her co-workers because Gideon had already asked Victor for Eva's hand in marriage?  Could it be that Eva planned on telling Victor in person when she and Cary were going to go to San Diego?  What does eveyone think?

I shouldn't be suggesting this because in no way do I have the expertise to set something up, but I was thinking about something that used to (maybe still is) be on a Georgette Heyer website. Some admirer had set up a series of trivia contests asking extremely detailed and obscure questions. There were bubbles with choices offered and there were scores recorded. I think it went on for quite a long time.

Anyway, with this group it might be impossible to stump any of you. Maybe we could think of some just for fun. How about : What city does Victor live in?

Hi Nancy, 

That's a great idea.  :)

The one night that I don't read he forum and there's a fab quiz :(

Great idea gals !

Can resist adding to the quiz.

Name the chocolates that Monica had in the car that pick up Cary and Eva for Spa day

Knipschildt's Chocopologie

:)

Next question....

When returning to Gideon's penthouse after the Garden party, where did Gideon tell Eva to have food ordered from??

:)