Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

Yeah, I continue to be baffled by why Eva is open about her engagement with coworkers and near strangers (at the Thursday evening benefit dinner) but didn't tell her mother when she had the opportunity as they were getting dressed for the dinner.  I can't imagine Monica not noticing Eva's new ring as they're sharing a dinner table together.  Everyone else seemed to notice!

As for the police/case against Gideon, I think the secret marriage might come into play, there, with Eva unable to be compelled to testify against Gideon.  Wouldn't that be a nice twist.

I'm still not sure who handed Gideon his Get Out of Jail Free card.  I think there are clues in the text to suggest it could be Clancy, but it could also have been Victor when he came back to New York after learning what Nathan did to Eva.  He was in the room when the police told Eva about Nathan's murder, and he saw Gideon's reaction.  He's supposed to be very perceptive.  And what *wouldn't* he do to protect his daughter and her happiness?  Victor has holes in his day that are presently unaccounted for - he couldn't have been sleeping with Monica from 9-5, surely - and his arrival was also suspect, as he didn't let Eva know exactly when he'd be arriving or what his flight details were and she couldn't get in touch with him all day.  Then he met her at baggage claim at a particular time, saying he just arrived.  But he could've have gotten to NYC hours earlier . . .

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I continue to be baffled by why Eva is open about her engagement with coworkers and near strangers (at the Thursday evening benefit dinner) but didn't tell her mother when she had the opportunity as they were getting dressed for the dinner.  I can't imagine Monica not noticing Eva's new ring as they're sharing a dinner table together.  Everyone else seemed to notice!

As for the police/case against Gideon, I think the secret marriage might come into play, there, with Eva unable to be compelled to testify against Gideon.  Wouldn't that be a nice twist.

I'm still not sure who handed Gideon his Get Out of Jail Free card.  I think there are clues in the text to suggest it could be Clancy, but it could also have been Victor when he came back to New York after learning what Nathan did to Eva.  He was in the room when the police told Eva about Nathan's murder, and he saw Gideon's reaction.  He's supposed to be very perceptive.  And what *wouldn't* he do to protect his daughter and her happiness?  Victor has holes in his day that are presently unaccounted for - he couldn't have been sleeping with Monica from 9-5, surely - and his arrival was also suspect, as he didn't let Eva know exactly when he'd be arriving or what his flight details were and she couldn't get in touch with him all day.  Then he met her at baggage claim at a particular time, saying he just arrived.  But he could've have gotten to NYC hours earlier . . .

I think that Eva might be subconsciously trying to punish her mother by not telling her, knowing how much it would mean to her if she knew. She might have not yet told Cary yet because she doesn't want to pile anymore dirt on him, the "pregnancy" is hectic enough. 

About Victor, they only mentioned the new suspect after he was in NYC, so perhaps he planted the bracelet, and used his position as a cop to try and get it from the forensic office. If this is the case, then I think that Detective Graves might have helped him somehow, perhaps she was the one who even told him about Nathan in the first place.

chapter-twenty-three.jpg

Well this is it our last Chapter 23.  What will we do!!!

I shouldn't be suggesting this because in no way do I have the expertise to set something up, but I was thinking about something that used to (maybe still is) be on a Georgette Heyer website. Some admirer had set up a series of trivia contests asking extremely detailed and obscure questions. There were bubbles with choices offered and there were scores recorded. I think it went on for quite a long time.

Anyway, with this group it might be impossible to stump any of you. Maybe we could think of some just for fun. How about : What city does Victor live in?

I shouldn't be suggesting this because in no way do I have the expertise to set something up, but I was thinking about something that used to (maybe still is) be on a Georgette Heyer website. Some admirer had set up a series of trivia contests asking extremely detailed and obscure questions. There were bubbles with choices offered and there were scores recorded. I think it went on for quite a long time.

Anyway, with this group it might be impossible to stump any of you. Maybe we could think of some just for fun. How about : What city does Victor live in?

Oceanside-is my prize Henry?

See what you started here Nancy?

We're an easy bunch-we can be led anywhere!!!!!