Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

I was worried about Megumi not being at work that day. Megumi always went to work, so that behaviour is odd for thi characer.

I still can't figure out why Jean Franois would choose to meet with Eva. What woul he hope to gain from a meeting? Did he really meet her just to insult her?

I too, loved the ring shopping scene. It reminded me of when Eva shopped for Gideon's first ring...sigh! Love! :)

I think JFG wanted to meet with Eva to learn (from a womans point of view) what his wife saw in Gideon. He didn't understand why she (Corrine) was still in love with Gideon.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only speak for myself. I have a wide personal space and it makes me crazy when people I barely know step into it. My husband, on the other hand, is a musician and has a lot of artsy, fartsy friends who like to touch, kiss and hug. It drives me crazy sometimes. None of them are bad people it is just the way theatrical people are.

I TOTALLY understand about the space bubble. Mine varies depending on my surroundings and who it is..... Some people I am comfortable letting into my space bubble while others are too close and I get uncomfortable.

I've been wondering......

we have two chapters left and then, what happens then?

I hope there will be snippets, photos, excerpts this time as well, that can help us while away our wait for Captivated By You.

What if there won't be any? I can't imagine being alone (hopefully) untill Christmas!!!!!!!!!  :wacko:  

We can make up our own chapter.   Someone can start off with a sentence or two and then another person can add to it.  Eventually we will have a paragraph to review, edit and then move on to the next chapter.

We can make up our own chapter.   Someone can start off with a sentence or two and then another person can add to it.  Eventually we will have a paragraph to review, edit and then move on to the next chapter.

That is a great idea! I would be on board with that!  What does everyone else think? 

I TOTALLY understand about the space bubble. Mine varies depending on my surroundings and who it is..... Some people I am comfortable letting into my space bubble while others are too close and I get uncomfortable.

I can relate to that Peachies. :) 

I think JFG wanted to meet with Eva to learn (from a womans point of view) what his wife saw in Gideon. He didn't understand why she (Corrine) was still in love with Gideon.

Hi Peachies, 

That is interesting.  I can see something like that happening.  I think that Jean Francois is one seriously thick-headed individual.  Do you know what I mean?

I thought the same thing this morning when I posted the snippet from chapter 21 for today.  Sharonm745 wrote earlier on another thread this which I thought was a wonderful idea (I'm hoping we will have a July 4th snippet in celebration of Eva/Gideon' independence from their past)

Sylvia said that she would be doing snippets again but did not say when that was on twitter yesterday sometime.

We will have to make something up to get us by until they start coming!!

:)

Hi Barb,

That's a great idea!  :)

I must say from the picture, I did think it was something to do with Gideon with his medication, I never thought it would be Corrine.

I loved how Eva went with Gideon to the hospital and that Gideon let her, he needed her there for comfort and support I felt and to show his mother, JFG and everyone else that Eva is part of his life now and will go with him no matter what.  I was glad he never kept Eva out of this, she needed to be with him.

"I need her out of here" I loved as it showed how Gideon did not want Eva to see him fighting like that and being taken away, always wanting to protect his precious Eva

I agree with you Sheens.  I never thought that this photo would have had anything to do with Corinne either.   

You make a good point about how Gideon and Eva faced their first challenge together as a couple.  It is such a positive step in the right direction (for once). 

I don't think it is a trigger about the future but Eva's past.  She still has a fear because Nathan would hold her down.  When people are too touchy feely her fears come to the forefront.  I don't think it is necessarily a intuition about the person. Of course we won't know until Eva lets us know through Sylvia.

You have given me a different perspective to think about.  Thank you.  :) 

I can only speak for myself.  I have a wide personal space and it makes me crazy when people I barely know step into it.  My husband, on the other hand, is a musician and has a lot of artsy, fartsy friends who like to touch, kiss and hug.  It drives me crazy sometimes.  None of them are bad people it is just the way theatrical people are. 

Hi Sharon, 

When I talk about personal space, there is a feeling that a person gets when someone has overstepped their boundaries and that is what I am talking about. 

I'll give you an example.  I have an Aunt that I haven't seen in thirty odd and when she went to hug me she put her hands under my tee-shirt so she could touch my arms and my shoulders.  I was completely creeped out by this action!  Do I think that this woman was sinister, no.  Do I think that this woman had absolutely no concept of a person's personal space, yes!!

That being said, Elizabeth Vidal and Jean Francois were both total strangers to Eva and quite frankly neither of them really liked Eva.  As many have pointed out in the forum, Jean Francois went out of his way to insult her and Elizabeth Vidal has HUGE issues about believing that her son was even abused .  My money is on the fact that there is a reason why Eva is getting creeped out by these two individuals.  I could wrong, but right now this is my thought.  What does everyone think?

I think what we forget sometimes, Eva is still healing. Even though she has put the abuse away in a box, at the back of her mind, the mental every day scars are never far from the surface. Anything relating to the abuse could trigger her. Her recovery is going forward, getting stronger daily.

This is what Gideon needs, taking the first steps by seeing Dr Petersen. Locking it away and not dealing with it for so long, left him in a black hole. Eva is his light. Together they will be whole again. Baby steps!

I agree with you Julie, Eva is still in the process of healing.  I think that there might be something more to her reaction though.  It was like someone else in the forum had stated about the fact that Eva had to see for herself.  I think that Eva is a very instinctual person and I think that maybe because of her past, she is able to read situations and people really well.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I think what we forget sometimes, Eva is still healing. Even though she has put the abuse away in a box, at the back of her mind, the mental every day scars are never far from the surface. Anything relating to the abuse could trigger her. Her recovery is going forward, getting stronger daily.

This is what Gideon needs, taking the first steps by seeing Dr Petersen. Locking it away and not dealing with it for so long, left him in a black hole. Eva is his light. Together they will be whole again. Baby steps!

Hi Julie,

I think that Eva is recovering from her past abuse issues.  I agree with you completely on that.  I also think that because of her past abuse issues; she may be able to read people and situations more easily or with more clarity. 

Thus far, Elizabeth Vidal Cannot stand Eva and Jean Francois went out of his way to insult Eva (as was reaffirmed by many forum members).  Could it be that Eva may have perceived that something wasn’t quite right about these two individuals when she first met them?  IT is just a thought.  What does everyone think?

When they hauled him and JFG away for fighting at the hospital they must have just held them and then let them go.  Since he said later that he ran into Deanna in the lobby when coming home from the hospital and took her for the drink.  Maybe he did not want her to be at the hospital without him, but it seemed like Angus was there at about the same time he got hauled out.....hmmmm   :(

That sounds plausible.  Neither party would have wanted to press charges I am sure.  Both Gideon and Jean Francois would have been removed from the public spaces, so no other people could be potentially hurt.  I think that Jean Francois's reaction could be explained away by grief.  I think that Gideon would most likely have been asked to leave the hospital grounds and JF would have gone back upstairs to be with his wife.  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

I wondered this too.

I think he text Angus before they got to the hospital. Allowing for travelling time. I think Gideon knew it would be uncomfortable there for Eva.

Don't think he reckoned on getting hauled away. Perhaps he just wanted Angus there, to take them home. After all Raul took the DB9.

I often wondered why he got Raul to take the car. Why not park up. Then drive themselves home later?

Could it be that Gideon was worried  that someone might steal the car.  It is a very expensive car after all.  Or could it be that Gideon might have been worried about Eva's safety just in case she had to drive home?  I would think that a car like that would be quite the prize for someone who might want to steal a car or "carjack" a person while they are in the car.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hello ladies,

What if Gideon, unknowingly, met the Russian mob during the days he used to gamble. Perhaps he conned them and they were keeping track on him for all these years, hoping to find the right moment to make him pay.  So on that day, they followed him to the hotel, saw what he did and planted the bracelet on another guy, so that they could use it to black mail him. 

Or someone who knows what he has done, was working for the mob and him.

Is it far-fetched?

Alternatively, Nathan might have owed money to the mob and had promised to give them cash and Eva, that's why he was blackmailing the Stanton and Gideon for money. But then, they came after him when he was able to pay; therefore, maybe was not dead after Gideon left- stab wounds to the hurt, do not necessarily result in instantaneous death.  If you were to stab someone, the hurt bleeds into the myochadial muscle, it continues to pump blood.

Hi ZethabisoZakhona,

You make an interesting theory proposal.  I think that if Gideon would have cheated someone back in the days when he was "counting cards" and he accidentally conned someone from the "mob" I think that they would have killed him back in the day.  I don't think that a "mobster" would have let Gideon walk out the door with their money, but I could be wrong.

I could potentially see Nathan somehow getting mixed up with the "mob" but I can't see how Eva would fit into the picture.  Most "mobsters" would want their money and not some hostage for ransom.  I can't see how Eva would factor into a scenario like that.  What does everyone think?

I thought the same thing this morning when I posted the snippet from chapter 21 for today.  Sharonm745 wrote earlier on another thread this which I thought was a wonderful idea (I'm hoping we will have a July 4th snippet in celebration of Eva/Gideon' independence from their past)

Sylvia said that she would be doing snippets again but did not say when that was on twitter yesterday sometime.

We will have to make something up to get us by until they start coming!!

:)

I've been wondering......

we have two chapters left and then, what happens then?

I hope there will be snippets, photos, excerpts this time as well, that can help us while away our wait for Captivated By You.

What if there won't be any? I can't imagine being alone (hopefully) untill Christmas!!!!!!!!!  :wacko:  

I have been wondering that as well, what will happen at the end of a Chapter a Day, 

Any thoughts anyone :)

I have been wondering that as well, what will happen at the end of a Chapter a Day, 

Any thoughts anyone :)

Hi Sheens, 

Someone had suggested that we write a chapter or two based on our theories that we have come up with thus far.  I understood it that each of us is to take turns and write a sentence or two to help create these chapters.  Who know's, maybe it will be a lot of fun.  What do you think?  :)

Hi Sheens, 

Someone had suggested that we write a chapter or two based on our theories that we have come up with thus far.  I understood it that each of us is to take turns and write a sentence or two to help create these chapters.  Who know's, maybe it will be a lot of fun.  What do you think?  :)

Yes I saw that, fine by me but I am not that good at writing things but will give it a try 

Yes I saw that, fine by me but I am not that good at writing things but will give it a try 

I think that you may just surprise yourself.  It is obvious that you are creative.  I only need to look at your resourcefulness and your great sense of humour to know that you wil do a great job!  I have faith in you!  You can do it! :)