Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

So this topic in chapter 10 has been really bugging me, so I have emailed, face booked, and sent several twitter message to Sylvia.  She finally had some spare time LOL and sent a reply.  WooHoo....!!  

This was my question...

@SylDay Chapter 10 in EWY is the short phone conversation that Gideon has in reference to drawing up the prenup?? Please??

And this is what she said!!! :)

Sylvia Day ~ Author â€@SylDay

@luvmcdreamy We only know what Eva knows, but I'd guess yes. :)

Love Love these books and this author...!!!!!!!

at least you got a reply, nothing for my questions yet, but she probably has loads, SharonM is going to see SD so I have given her my questions as well to see if SD will answer any of them if Sharon get's a chance to ask them

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I like in Chap. 20 best:

1) It was weird going to work on Monday. .... I wasn't Eva, the New York newbie trying to make it on her own in the big city with her best friend. I was a mogul's wife...

2)  I knew you were nailing Cross again from the moment you started back up. ...Eva honey, don't you think that if there were another man in New York who could bang it out all night like Cross, I would've found him by now? ...No one is lucky enough to find two guys like that in a row. Not even you. You shoud've had a dry spell or at least a couple of really bad lays first.

3) Would you like to go home, Mrs Cross?

4) Maybe you should cut back on those vitamins, ace.

5) Can we still be naughty now that we are married?

6) "It's starting to go away," he murmured. 

My smile faded. "What? What's going away?"

"The ... worry. It feels safe, doesn't it?" He sipped his wine. "Settled. It's a good feeling. I like it. A lot."

This is the chapter where I think Megumi goes missing. When JFG rings Eva up to remind her of their appointment, Eva answers a direct call .Seen that Megumi has put through Eva's calls (Magdalene, Brett) so far and that Gideon seems to be the only one whose calls can bypass the switchboard....      Where is Megumi then???????

I sooo love Eva's second ring shopping, as well as the s*x scene in a deserted Crossfire Building!!!!

at least you got a reply, nothing for my questions yet, but she probably has loads, SharonM is going to see SD so I have given her my questions as well to see if SD will answer any of them if Sharon get's a chance to ask them

I have been trying to get an answer since we discussed chapter 10 on June 15th.  Yes I gave this question to Sharon also but Sylvia answered today!!

Here is what I like in Chap. 20 best:

1) It was weird going to work on Monday. .... I wasn't Eva, the New York newbie trying to make it on her own in the big city with her best friend. I was a mogul's wife...

2)  I knew you were nailing Cross again from the moment you started back up. ...Eva honey, don't you think that if there were another man in New York who could bang it out all night like Cross, I would've found him by now? ...No one is lucky enough to find two guys like that in a row. Not even you. You shoud've had a dry spell or at least a couple of really bad lays first.

3) Would you like to go home, Mrs Cross?

4) Maybe you should cut back on those vitamins, ace.

5) Can we still be naughty now that we are married?

6) "It's starting to go away," he murmured. 

My smile faded. "What? What's going away?"

"The ... worry. It feels safe, doesn't it?" He sipped his wine. "Settled. It's a good feeling. I like it. A lot."

This is the chapter where I think Megumi goes missing. When JFG rings Eva up to remind her of their appointment, Eva answers a direct call .Seen that Megumi has put through Eva's calls (Magdalene, Brett) so far and that Gideon seems to be the only one whose calls can bypass the switchboard....      Where is Megumi then???????

I sooo love Eva's second ring shopping, as well as the s*x scene in a deserted Crossfire Building!!!!

I love. Number 6.

He feels safe and secure, knowing she is his. Bless him, so insecure. X

I love. Number 6.

He feels safe and secure, knowing she is his. Bless him, so insecure. X

Hi Julie

he is so overwhelmed by this completely new feeling that he takes his time to phrase it!!

No Barb, the wedding dress was an incredibly lovely distraction!  You made so many people laugh and you put a smile on so many people's faces!  What more can one person ask for?  It was lovely!!  Good for you!  May all have more light-hearted and humorous moments like that in the future!! :D  :D  :D

No Barb, the wedding dress was an incredibly lovely distraction!  You made so many people laugh and you put a smile on so many people's faces!  What more can one person ask for?  It was lovely!!  Good for you!  May all have more light-hearted and humorous moments like that in the future!! :D  :D  :D

Barb I dont think spellcheck would have got it since it was spelled correctly !!!  Besides isn't nice to know sooooo many people read with you write here  ;)

Barb I dont think spellcheck would have got it since it was spelled correctly !!!  Besides isn't nice to know sooooo many people read with you write here   ;)

Wow never thought about that since it was a real word it would not have found it!!  Makes me feel a tad better better!!  It sure did take on a life of its own!!  I am entertaining that is for sure!!

But I have to say that I really love this forum and the ladies that I have met on her   :)  :)

JFG has a deep hatred for Gideon now because of the loss of his child. JFG know s Eva is Gideon's weakness so to speak... I don't trust him not to use this fact against Gideon in some way...

Hi Sscrph, 

You theory is interesting.  What do you think that Jean Francois might be planning?  How could he get back at Gideon?  What do you think?

I think that JFG will have a revelation about his marriage. Maybe this will force him and Corrine to talk a hard look at there lives. It doesn't sound like he was the worlds best husband, this could be his chance to change that. He's a smart man and at some point i think he will have to come to terms with the fact that he can't blame Gideon for this.

Hi Jessica,

I hope so.  I really hope that Jean Francois fixes his marriage with Corinne.  I think we the readers have had enough drama from these two.  Let's hope their storyline is resolved sooner rather than later.  Gideon isn't to blame for Jean Francois taking his eyes off of his marriage.  He never chased after Corinne when she came to New York.  He has to take a good look at himself and his actions and how he helped to create this problem. 

I hope so I was just bothered by the fact that Eva noted the way he touched her in a familiar way bothered her... Maybe that just triggered her a little due to her past...

Hi Sscrph, 

This is the second time that Eva had a reaction to someone touching her in too familiar way; the first time was with Elizabeth Vidal and the second was with Jean Francois.  I don't discount when someone has that kind of (skin prickle reaction) reaction to being touched.  I suspect that there is something more going on there, but again I don't have anything to go by other than Eva's initial reaction to meeting these people and my gut instinct.  What do you think? 

That's why I think the marriage will be so good for both of them to give them the security in their relationship that they both desperately need...Gideon is always very smart about what he and Eva need to go forward MOST OF THE TIME...

I agree with you.  I think that the marriage provides Gideon and Eva with the security that neither party will walk out on the other person just because they have a fight (or perceive it to be a really bad fight).  I just hope that these two will learn to take each other into consideration first before they react.   

I agree.  If there is any interaction between JFG & Eva in the future it will most likely be a very angry war of words.

Hi Sharon, 

I can see a scenario like that becoming a reality.  I think that Jean Francois has a lot to be held accountable for (as far as his actions/or lack thereof towards his wife are concerned).  I think that if Jean Francois is st*pid enough to go after Eva, I think that he will be in for a big surprise.  :)

I too think that the Giroux's will do some couples therapy and JFG will look at ways that he failed his wife and vice versa.  At some point they will need to say their marriage is worth saving or it is time to call it quits.  I hope they try to save it so Corinne will leave town but it wouldn't surprise me if they divorce.  My hope is Gideon doesn't interact with the conniving diva anymore.

I agree that too much touching is a trigger for Eva.  She didn't like it when Elizabeth did it at the garden party and she was definitely uncomfortable when Giroux was to friendly.

Hi Sharon, 

I hope what you and the other ladies have suggested.  Hope that Jean Francois and Corinne get help.  It will all depend on whether Jean Francois ever really loved his wife or not and vice versa. 

I also thought about what you and the ladies had said about "touching" triggering past issues.  What I wonder is whether there was something in Elizabeth's touch or Jean Francois's touch that put Eva on edge.  What is that saying a dog will like 99 out a 100 people but that one person will walk up to the dog and the dog starts growlig and barking.

I wonder if we as humans sometimes discount our basic instincts and push away that uncomfortable feeling and dismiss that uncomfortable feeling with excuses (past abuse issues, differences in cultures, over-reaction etc.) instead of just listening to that small inner voice that says "Hey something about this person is not right".  Do you know what I mean?  What does everyone think?

I agree.  The question for the next book is--Will these two decide to work on the marriage or will Corinne still be a problem for Eva & Gideon?

I hope they try to work on the marriage thus leaving Gideon and Eva alone

Good question!  I hope they do work on their marriage.  They both desperately need the help!  

I think Gideons mum will feature heavily with Gideons issues, as well as Monica. I think it will be family based

I totally agree with this, Gideon biggest issues is family and what happened to him when he was young that all involves his family!!!

I agree with you ladies.  :) 

What I find amazing. No one takes responsibility for their own actions. Everyone else is to blame. God I want to sit this lot down, and one by one tell them their fortune. I would be ruthless, make no mistake. :)

I agree with you.  I have been saying that for a long time.  Everyone keeps blaming their actions on everyone else.  The only two who haven't really fallen into that pattern are Eva and Gideon. 

So tell us Julie, how would you dish out the truth to this lot?  I am all ears! :)