Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

I don't think it is a trigger about the future but Eva's past. She still has a fear because Nathan would hold her down. When people are too touchy feely her fears come to the forefront. I don't think it is necessarily a intuition about the person. Of course we won't know until Eva lets us know through Sylvia.

I think what we forget sometimes, Eva is still healing. Even though she has put the abuse away in a box, at the back of her mind, the mental every day scars are never far from the surface. Anything relating to the abuse could trigger her. Her recovery is going forward, getting stronger daily.

This is what Gideon needs, taking the first steps by seeing Dr Petersen. Locking it away and not dealing with it for so long, left him in a black hole. Eva is his light. Together they will be whole again. Baby steps!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say from the picture, I did think it was something to do with Gideon with his medication, I never thought it would be Corrine.

I loved how Eva went with Gideon to the hospital and that Gideon let her, he needed her there for comfort and support I felt and to show his mother, JFG and everyone else that Eva is part of his life now and will go with him no matter what.  I was glad he never kept Eva out of this, she needed to be with him.

"I need her out of here" I loved as it showed how Gideon did not want Eva to see him fighting like that and being taken away, always wanting to protect his precious Eva

I guess we are far enough into this story that I can talk about the next chapter a little.  I was a little upset that Gideon wanted Angus to take Eva away instead of keeping her with him.  It confused me that she felt better when she read his text and it said need instead of want her out of here. 

For me using the word need would make me feel worse but I'm not sure why.

I love this too and "Not especially"  love him saying that!!!  And he said "I love you"   :)

I loved this.  Tat is a conniving  witch with a capital "B".  I'm sure she was hoping to show off in front of Gideon but she didn't do anything for him. 

I think what we forget sometimes, Eva is still healing. Even though she has put the abuse away in a box, at the back of her mind, the mental every day scars are never far from the surface. Anything relating to the abuse could trigger her. Her recovery is going forward, getting stronger daily.

This is what Gideon needs, taking the first steps by seeing Dr Petersen. Locking it away and not dealing with it for so long, left him in a black hole. Eva is his light. Together they will be whole again. Baby steps!

I love how you put this...!!!

I love, that the pictures, totally threw us a curve ball. Do you think the next lot of snapshots will make us more cautious with our ideas?

I reckon not. Lol :)

Not me.  I loved all the crazy ideas everyone had and then finding out that Sylvia took us down a completely different path was great.  Let's face if she could introduce the Russian mob then anything goes.

Well said.  I can't wait to see how Gideon changes as he faces his past.  It still surprises me when he tells Eva "he wished it hurt more." When Gideon is awake he has that hurt so hidden he doesn't even know it is there.  However, when he sleeps the hurt takes over him so strongly that he is violent with his sleep partner. 

I guess we are far enough into this story that I can talk about the next chapter a little.  I was a little upset that Gideon wanted Angus to take Eva away instead of keeping her with him.  It confused me that she felt better when she read his text and it said need instead of want her out of here. 

For me using the word need would make me feel worse but I'm not sure why.

I loved this.  Tat is a conniving  witch with a capital "B".  I'm sure she was hoping to show off in front of Gideon but she didn't do anything for him. 

When they hauled him and JFG away for fighting at the hospital they must have just held them and then let them go.  Since he said later that he ran into Deanna in the lobby when coming home from the hospital and took her for the drink.  Maybe he did not want her to be at the hospital without him, but it seemed like Angus was there at about the same time he got hauled out.....hmmmm  :(

Well said.  I can't wait to see how Gideon changes as he faces his past.  It still surprises me when he tells Eva "he wished it hurt more." When Gideon is awake he has that hurt so hidden he doesn't even know it is there.  However, when he sleeps the hurt takes over him so strongly that he is violent with his sleep partner. 

I think that he said "he wished it had hurt more" because his abuser made him enjoy it to a certain extent.  

Am I making any sense???

I agree. It is terrible when something is giving you pleasure, but knowing what is being done to you is wrong. Those mixed signals screwing with your brain. I often wonder how he didn't close down.

My favorite line in #20 is "I guess you like the ring." and then Gideon gave that rough laugh.  It still makes me smile when I read it.

2.  Would you like to go home Mrs. Cross.  It is nice that Eva has someone around her that knows her secret.  I just feel like she so desperately wants to tell everyone.  I love that she had her little confrontation with Giroux and then went ring shopping.  She is staking her claim regardless of whether people think he is engaged or married Eva wants everyone to know he is off the market...forever.

3.  I knew you were nailing Cross again from the moment you started back up. ...Eva honey, don't you think that if there were another man in New York who could bang it out all night like Cross, I would've found him by now? ...No one is lucky enough to find two guys like that in a row. Not even you. You should've had a dry spell or at least a couple of really bad lays first.

I thought it was lovely that Angus called Eva Mrs Cross, it was just so sweet and you could just tell Angus was so excited to call her that

I loved the office s e x, he did get his way with Eva on the sofa.  I take it he did like the ring then LOL

I can only speak for myself.  I have a wide personal space and it makes me crazy when people I barely know step into it.  My husband, on the other hand, is a musician and has a lot of artsy, fartsy friends who like to touch, kiss and hug.  It drives me crazy sometimes.  None of them are bad people it is just the way theatrical people are. 

I don't like people touching me that i don't know.

When they hauled him and JFG away for fighting at the hospital they must have just held them and then let them go.  Since he said later that he ran into Deanna in the lobby when coming home from the hospital and took her for the drink.  Maybe he did not want her to be at the hospital without him, but it seemed like Angus was there at about the same time he got hauled out.....hmmmm  :(

I wondered this too.

I think he text Angus before they got to the hospital. Allowing for travelling time. I think Gideon knew it would be uncomfortable there for Eva.

Don't think he reckoned on getting hauled away. Perhaps he just wanted Angus there, to take them home. After all Raul took the DB9.

I often wondered why he got Raul to take the car. Why not park up. Then drive themselves home later?

I think that he said "he wished it had hurt more" because his abuser made him enjoy it to a certain extent.  

Am I making any sense???

Yes It makes sense.  As I think about it, with hindsight and after seeing how Eva tried to fight off Nathan, Gideon feels he should have fought back.  Maybe it is an expression of guilt more than anything.  Gideon shouldn't feel guilty because he is a victim used by an adult.  This is one more thing he will need to work through with Dr. Petersen.

Yes It makes sense.  As I think about it, with hindsight and after seeing how Eva tried to fight off Nathan, Gideon feels he should have fought back.  Maybe it is an expression of guilt more than anything.  Gideon shouldn't feel guilty because he is a victim used by an adult.  This is one more thing he will need to work through with Dr. Petersen.

That's why Gideon is fighting back now, trying to keep Hugh away from him. Causing him to lash out at Eva. What a terrible situation to be in.

I wondered this too.

I think he text Angus before they got to the hospital. Allowing for travelling time. I think Gideon knew it would be uncomfortable there for Eva.

Don't think he reckoned on getting hauled away. Perhaps he just wanted Angus there, to take them home. After all Raul took the DB9.

I often wondered why he got Raul to take the car. Why not park up. Then drive themselves home later?

I think the DB9 is part of the masquerade and since Gideon is at the hospital as himself and not the new hunky neighbor he wants his regular car there.

Am I making any sense???

I agree. It is terrible when something is giving you pleasure, but knowing what is being done to you is wrong. Those mixed signals screwing with your brain. I often wonder how he didn't close down.

That's why Gideon is fighting back now, trying to keep Hugh away from him. Causing him to lash out at Eva. What a terrible situation to be in.

So so sad but he will get better with Eva help and unconditional love   :)

I think the DB9 is part of the masquerade and since Gideon is at the hospital as himself and not the new hunky neighbor he wants his regular car there.

Didn't think of it like that. Thanks Sharon.

Me neither brilliant observation  :)