Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

I agree.  I belong to a couple forums for my favorite TV shows but this is my favorite by far.    double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon.            animated-grazie-smiley-emoticon.gif

I knew there was a lot more I needed to know about posting smileys. Yours are terrific!!!! :D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Julie

Busted!!!!

I do love redheads and the Scottish accent always does the trick for me..... it was only a matter of time!

I still would like to know what Angus whispered to Gideon. I remember Gabri came up with some lovely words from Arnoldo. Sheena, couldn't you tell us what he said? Something better than have a nice roll in the heather? :)

I still would like to know what Angus whispered to Gideon. I remember Gabri came up with some lovely words from Arnoldo. Sheena, couldn't you tell us what he said? Something better than have a nice roll in the heather? :)

Sheens, sorry for getting your name wrong! Fingers ahead of my brain. I haven't yet gotten the message that proof reading is done BEFORE you turn something in!

Those opening lines remained me of the end of Jane Eyre where she says ,"Reader, I married him." I think I remember reading an SD interview where she said she had liked or been influenced by the Brontes. I love Sylvia beginning the chapter that way.

Ideed!!

Jane Eyre is one of my best fav books, along with Austen's Pride and Prejudice and Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heitghs.... Heathcliff too reminds me of Gideon!

I believe that in portraying strong female characters, a writer cannot but be amazed by characters like Jane Eyre, Elizabeth Bartlett and Kathy.... (oh my I can't remember her surname!), whose feelings and sentiments are so strong and 'modern' I wouldn't bel surprised at all if SD both liked and was also influenced by the Brontes.

Ideed!!

Jane Eyre is one of my best fav books, along with Austen's Pride and Prejudice and Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heitghs.... Heathcliff too reminds me of Gideon!

I believe that in portraying strong female characters, a writer cannot but be amazed by characters like Jane Eyre, Elizabeth Bartlett and Kathy.... (oh my I can't remember her surname!), whose feelings and sentiments are so strong and 'modern' I wouldn't bel surprised at all if SD both liked and was also influenced by the Brontes.

Cathy Earnshaw, Elizabeth Bennett. Love her!

Gideon definitely has some Heathcliff aspects! Glad Silvia was kinder to him, though.

I agree with you there GiGi, I loved how Eva was trying to heal Gideon by going to the dark place in him that tortured him just like he healed her with his touch, she was doing the same to him.,  So loving between these two

I am so glad that Gideon had a positive experience with what Eva did.  I also hope that in addition to all of the negative experiences Gideon had with that part of his anatomy, he could add one incredibly positive and pleasurable experience to his "memories".  :) 

Well I think in chapter 6 (I think) when he woke from the nightmare and she got in the bath and she urged him to share his dreams.  He tells her what his dreams are like, he said he wished it would have hurt more and that he wished he would not have enjoyed it.  

Then Eva says can we talk about something se*ual??  She asks if he would enjoy that and reaches between his legs. Maybe I am reading wrong but I got the feeling that he might enjoy it or he thought he might.  I think that is why Eva attempted again on the plane.

I do not have the book in front of me am at work so the chapter may not be right.  It was after the first time she came to his new apartment.

:)

I have to spell check all my words I am paranoid now!!!!   :)

Hi Barb, 

Thank you for the reference.  On page 70 Eva initiated the conversation about an*l sex with Gideon and my interpretation of how that conversation went was that when Eva placed her finger over Gideon's rectum, he jerked violently and slammed his legs shut.  To me that act wasn't something that Gideon was willing to entertain.  I think that Eva introduced the topic because she wanted Gideon to start dealing with his past abuse issues.  I think that she also wanted Gideon to be free and enjoy having which ever part of his body pleasured that he wanted without reservation.

I thought that it was further confirmed when Gideon kissed Eva.  "His tongue thrust into my mouth, a greedy and slightly angry foray."  If anything, I think that Gideon was willing to let Eva touch a part of his body (in later chapters) that had only known pain because he loved her so much and was willing to walk back into emotional for her. At that moment though, I don't think GIdeon was ready to face his demons.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Spell check doesn't always help.  I spell a word correctly but it is the wrong word for the sentence (to, too, two).  This usually happens when I change my mind about what I want to say and I don't erase my initial thought completely.  I read a study not too long ago that says our mind is six to ten words ahead of what we are typing and therefore, words are inserted out of place.  When I have a presentation for work I will type out everything and re-read it the next day.  I always catch something that I missed during my initial proofreading. 

Hi Sharon, 

What happens when you type like a turtle (read like a turtle...)?  How many words behind is someone like that?  :D

Hello everybody from sunny (and too hot) Italy!!!!!

I married Gideon Geoffrey Cross barefoot on a Caribbean beach with the hotel manager and Angus McLeod as witnesses.....

this is the perfect ending to Gideon and Eva's perfect love. The first ten words never ever fail to  make my eyes all shiny... After all Gideon and Eva (and us with them) have gone through, they can now experience perfect bliss. And so do I!!!!!

A secret marriage on the beach..... arranged to the tiniest details by someone who used to say he didn't like romance!!!

I was a little troubled by the prenup. Although I understand the necessity of such an arrangement between two wealthy people who are going to share their life with one another, I really don't like it, because it points out and reminds us that everything has a price: sex, love, children...

But Gideon was actually only protecting his own heart against the remotest likelihood of Eva walking out on him.  "There's nothing I wouldn't do for you" he tells Eva in RIY, which apparently includes giving up most of his wealth as well. As though killing Nathan wasn't enough!!!. His lawyers must have had a really hard time in convincing him otherwise.

Hi Gabri, 

I agree with your points.  It was an incredibly romantic chapter!  I also agree that unfortunately everything has a price.  

I know, transportation personified a super luxury, if I win the Nattional Lottery or the Euro Millions over here ladies I shall hire it to take us all to see Gideon :)

Good luck to you Sheens!  If you or the other ladies don't happen to win, maybe we could each ask Santa to bring us that lovely "airplane" for Christmas.  Surely one of us might wind up with one of those on Christmas morning.  Fingers crossed!  :D

Thanks I know but the whole wedding dress thing made me paranoid   lol   :)

No Barb, the wedding dress was an incredibly lovely distraction!  You made so many people laugh and you put a smile on so many people's faces!  What more can one person ask for?  It was lovely!!  Good for you!  May all have more light-hearted and humorous moments like that in the future!! :D  :D  :D 

Hello my little Italian lady.

This chapter speaks for its self. This is what made all the ladies of the world, cheer and shout hallelujah! We don't have to write anything, all their love and passion for each other was perfect.

I felt like part of the ceremony, I could feel the sand between my toes.

Angus watching with pride spoke volumes.

Perfection!

I think Angus being there just made the ceremony perfect for Gideon and Eva.  It was like icing on a perfect wedding cake. :)

Hi Barb

I can see the man-who-doesn't-know-what-romance-is falling on his knee over a candle-lit dinner, taking both of Eva's hands and kissing them.........but Eva would still say no. It had to be that way, with an anguished Eva who runs away, plunges into the ocean, and scares the h*ll out of Gedeon, who in turn runs after her and rescue her......(oh my, can't she swim?)

I've also been wondering when could he have popped the question, if he wanted to do it properly.... They arrive Friday night and are married by Saturday morning, which leaves Sunday for the shortest honeymoon in human history......  Friday night over dinner was his only option then. Eva's answer was really some kind of foregone conclusion to him? Frowning my mmmmmmms here!!(does something like this exist in English? I've just made it up) :D

Hi Gabri,

I agree with you Gabri about the proposal scenario.  I think that everything always happens for a reason.  I think that when Eva ran into the ocean and Gideon ran in after her, she was finally able to put her insecurities to rest in that moment.  She knew that no matter what, Gideon would always come for her. 

I also agree that the proposal would have had to happen on Friday night.  The wedding would have to be on the Saturday with the honeymoon the rest of the time.  Mind you if the scenario had gone a different way and Gideon had to spend most of the weekend trying to convince Eva to marry him, I am still sure that Gideon and Eva wouldn't have wasted a single moment of their honeymoon time together! ;)  ;)

The prenup isn't a traditional prenup that protects a spouse from getting money.  In this prenup Gideon agrees that Eva will split anything 50/50 after the wedding.  He isn't holding anything back from her.  Like Eva said, "the prenup was designed to protect his heart, to bind me and bribe me to stay with him no matter what.  He was giving everything he had."   I had to brush my tears from my eyes along with Eva when I read it.

Very true.  I think about how insecure Gideon must feel on some level in order to offer to "bribe" Eva to get her to stay with Gideon.  It was almost as Gideon had exposed all of his insecurities on that piece of paper. 

I had a different interpretation of the run into the ocean.  To me it sounds like Eva was running to hide from crying in front of Gideon.  In each book she mentions that she doesn't like people to see her cry and I don't think she wanted Gideon to see how devastated she was.  I think she just allowed herself to sink under the water and cry; she wasn't trying to kill herself.  Gideon knew she was upset and ran after her then carried her out of the water.  I'm sure she can swim because she likes the beach and said something about the lake house that her step father had.

Hi Sharon, 

I agree with your interpretation.  It could very well be that Eva didn't want Gideon to see her crying.  In the past, Gideon always struggled when Eva would show her emotions. Gideon didn't know what to do (it is a shame that he hadn't yet realized that all he had to do is be there with Eva).

What was most profound for me was the fact that Gideon went running into the ocean after her.  It spoke volumes without even a word!  If that's not love then I don't know what is. 

I'm thinking the same thing (great minds think alike ;)) I actually look forward to it!

Hi Shan, 

Why do you think Jean Francois would try to hit on Eva?  His wife is in the hospital (most likely remanded to a psychiatric ward). He is also aware that Eva and Gideon are engaged and very much in love.  Wouldn't  Jean Francois look like a supreme and utter jerk if he tried to hit on Eva?  What would he stand to gain by doing something like that?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I can't find the original post but someone was wondering how Gideon would have proposed if Eva hadn't run off in to the sea. Every time I reread the book I feel like the conversation they had the morning before the Golden video event (sorry I cant remember the exact chapter) was him working up to a proposal. I think he would have done it before Eva went out with Brett that night if they had already had the 'Hugh' conversation.

The crossfire conversation would have been the perfect lead in to a proposal IMO

What do you all think?

Hi Rogue, 

Your theory is plausible.  I think that Gideon always thinks several steps ahead.  He may have wanted to propose before they were go away for the weekend, with the wedding and honeymoon in mind, but when the Video Launch occurred (and all of the other drama...) Gideon had to move his timeline to the weekend.  This is just a theory mind you and I could be wrong.  I hope we get more details in book four.  What does everyone think?

I agree with you. She was devastated that after the plane trip, and Gideon became distant, that she had broken their relationship by pushing him to far.
She thought he was going to finish with her. She wasn't going to commit suicide, she was desperately unhappy thinking the worst.

:)

Her running and jumping into the ocean forced him to speak up!!!! Oh My...!!

What I also meant to say was.
She was running away from what she thought was the inevitable. Gideon dumping her. Silly girl.
Like he(Gideon) said to her when she made the comment about Mark proposing and being worried. Even though you know the answer is going to be yes, you are still scared.

Hi Julie & Barb,
It is amazing that even after everything that Gideon and Eva have been through, they still continue to struggle with their communication. It just blows my mind! Each one of them assumes the worst possible case scenario. It is alsmost as if both Gideon and Eva believe that on some level, they don't deserve love or to be loved.  Yet each of them is so desperate to be loved.  One minute they are on top of the world and in the next, they are scraping the bottom of the barrel. It must be so exhausting for these two.

I have a friend whose father gave her and her siblings $1 million for every grandchild. (I offered to let him have a couple of my kids as grandchildren but he didn't accept my offer.)  She said he gave her mother $500,000 for every child.  It wasn't really in a prenup but he just wanted her to understand that he loved her and appreciated the fact that she would give him these wonderful children.  I think it is very sweet and loving.  I feel the same way about Gideon.   I think he is just letting Eva know that having his children is very special to him.

OMW!!  You are hillarious!! :D 

I really can't see JFG hitting on Eva but if he does it will be from a place of anger.  It will only get him a slap in the face or Eva will call him an even bigger Asshat. 

I think that if by some strange occurrence Jean Francois "hits" on Eva, then he is only going to make himself like the "jerk" of all time! 

Why would he do that? It would be obvious that it was to hurt Gideon. I think he has more respect than that.

I agree.  I don't think that Jean Francois would hit on Eva.  He doesn't have anything to gain by doing something like that.  If anything, he would probably end up making himself look even worse then he already does.