Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Barb

I believe not one of Gideon's former partners knew about his issues with that particular s*exual practice. Eva herself has to force him to it. She twice choses to ignore Gideon's pleas to stop.... and makes him cry.

Eva has cleansed him from Hugh's touch, and through his cry Gedeon is now free.

I agree.  Gideon's past experiences are all of a controlling, self-serving sexual experience.  He said they often excluded any private contact with the women he brought to the s*x-pad and only used toys. I don't think Gideon would even discuss the possibility of an*l play prior to Eva.  Eva, his first real sexual partnership (I'm including even Corinne) was with Eva.  Corinne's first meeting with Eva she said he never opened up with her.  The really sad thing is Gideon thought he was happy. 

Did I mention that I'd be posting the title of Crossfire Book #4 on Tuesday...? :)

Just posted on twitter and facebook   :)

I'm soooo looking forward to it!!  :D

did S say when?

That was all I saw on twitter and facebook.  She did not give a specific time just Tuesday.   :)

Thank you!

I only asked because I registered on FB two days ago (can you imagine?) and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. But I have two days left and I'll manage!!

You'll love it did you like Sylvia page??

I do!!!!

I don't think I'll ever be able to read all those posts, though

I really love the idea of 'keeping in touch' with SD, and the Henry-pics.

I do!!!!

I don't think I'll ever be able to read all those posts, though

I really love the idea of 'keeping in touch' with SD, and the Henry-pics.

I don't read them all that is impossible!!  Just the important stuff.  

Well have a good sleep  :)

Good night ladies

could a man look more 'abso-f*cking-lutely' gorgeous than that?????

ps:  I'll never thank Mr Big (Sex And The City) enough for that wonderful adverb!!!

Sweet dreams!

Good night ladies

could a man look more 'abso-f*cking-lutely' gorgeous than that?????

ps:  I'll never thank Mr Big (Sex And The City) enough for that wonderful adverb!!!

Sweet dreams!

Yummy    Mr Big   :)

Saw Man of Steel today - OMG the close-up shots of our man take your breath away.  And even tho Amy Adams is a redhead but with help couuld be blond there is a scene when he is on his knees and she comforts him and it is totally Gideon and Eva.

Hi Julie, 

I just wonder why Jean Francois would say something like that.  I could see all of the other women; his mother, Magdalene, etc. thinking that brunettes were his preference but where would Jean Francois get that idea?  What do you think?

I thought JFG was insulting Eva's intelligence by stereotyping her a "dumb" blonde...

Chapter 18. 

I think I've read this chapter and the next more than any other in the three books thus far. 

I love this chapter because we see Eva helping Gideon deal with some of his issues.  It compares to the garden party library scent to me.  In the library Gideon helps Eva move forward from Nathan.  In this chapter Eva helps Gideon move forward from Hugh. I see this as the true beginning of Gideon’s story being told.

This chapter flows from chapter 17 with Eva still perplexed about the lunch with her mother.

Eva, Gideon are the primary character of this chapter but Angus & Erik make small appearances.

• Angus is in a good mood when Eva gets in the car. (I think he knows something.)
  • Eva calls Cary and tells him to think about moving to another apartment. (She mentioned this to Cary but she didn’t include Gideon in the original move discussion.)
  • Gideon acknowledges that Eva is concerned and offers to investigate Monica.
  • Eva reluctantly agrees.  We can see that Eva really wants the people in her life to talk to her instead of making her research their lives.  It seems to me that Eva wants her loved ones to see how much she has grown and how she wants to be included in their lives as an adult.  She feels uncomfortable with the fact that the people most important to her make her sneaky.
  • Gideon tells Eva that Giroux wants to blame Gideon for the problems in the Giroux marriage.
  • Eva is surprised that Gideon suggests divorce for the Giroux’s.  Gideon doesn’t answer directly but focuses on Eva.  (I didn’t really like that answer.  It makes me think that Gideon is still holding back from Eva.)
  • There is an interesting “shell game†that Gideon uses to make sure they aren’t followed by the press.  He doesn’t want anyone to know they are out of town.   
  • Once on the plane both Gideon & Eva have a “Kingsman and cranberry†to drink.  (Love how Eva supports Gideon’s businesses).
  • Eva is aware how much Gideon likes control but he tests her by introducing her to “crimson†restraints.  Eva is concerned but Gideon reassures her that he will not take her where she isn’t ready.  She agrees to his plan; she knows Gideon would never hurt her.
  • Gideon doesn’t restrain Eva literally but puts her head in a restrained state of mind.

After their initial three hours of intimacy Eva has an idea to take Gideon to a place he has avoided.

• Eva recognized the fear in Gideon’s demeanor when she introduces that she “wants to be inside himâ€. 
  • Eva helps Gideon through his anxiety by showing him how much she loves him.  (I just love this about Eva. She understands Gideon so much and knows that he will do anything for her because of their shared love).
  • Gideon requested Eva to stop a couple times. She doesn’t comply.
  • Eva ignored Gideon’s request not to hurt him but to help him face his past.
  • Eva offers Gideon to take this journey together and they change positions.
  • Gideon’s actions are angry and rough.
  • Eva continues to be slow and loving.
  • After a mutually satisfying encounter Eva takes Gideon in her arms.
  • Gideon buries his face in her b reasts and cries.

This entire encounter is so beautifully written.  As a reader I felt Eva’s love for Gideon and how much she trusts him even though she is initially anxious.  At that point we are taken with Gideon to a very dark and fearful place but the love jumps off the pages.  These two broken individuals need each other and again that need is so all encompassing and we are allowed to voyeuristically experience their love. 

I have to admit that I cried with Gideon and hoped that we will see a turning point for this couple.  I want them to move their relationship forward and, while they can’t really forget their past, I want them to put it behind them, including their exes.  I know this won’t happen to quickly but I see it is a possibility because they are facing demons as mature adults.

Sharon I love your synopsis and certainly echo your thoughts!!!

My order is chapter 18, 15 and then 19

I like 15 more than 19 because Gideon finally told Eva what she wanted to know. He said "ask me Eva NOW" . I love how he was ready to open up..!!

My top three are 15,19, and then 18, but then we can't forget date night in Chapter 5 ... Need I say more ...I just LUV LUV LUV this book! :). I can't imagine what the next two will be like because IMO it will be hard to top EWY- it was so with the wait!!

Do you think in any of Gideon's other s*xual encounters that he would have shared that he might enjoy a*al play, or do you think that it has only came up with Eva because she knows what happen to him and because of the relationship that they have built??  She got the indication that he might enjoy it after he discussed his dream with her.  

Just wondering??

Anyone your thoughts???

Hi Barb,

I don’t think that Gideon enjoys an*l play per say (i.e. I don’t think that it was part of his repertoire).  I think that Eva did for Gideon, what Gideon did for Eva.  He gave her back a part of her body that had always only known pain.  I think that Eva did the same for Gideon.  She massaged his prostate (which can be very pleasurable for some men) in hopes that he would experience and associate something pleasurable with his rectum that had previously only ever had forced painful experiences.

I don’t think that Gideon’s dreams would have indicated that he would enjoy an*l play in the least.  I think that if anything, Eva saw that Gideon had serious issues because of the fact that he was raped (sodomized). 

When Gideon introduced an*l play into their relationship, it was because Eva asked him to erase Nathan’s touch.  Eva actually put Gideon’s hand on her an*s.  Gideon never put Eva’s hand over that part of his part anatomy. 

I think that Eva tried to give Gideon a part of his body back (that had been scarred and stolen from him emotionally), but she did it at great risk.  It could have backfired on her in the worst way.  I think that Eva didn’t give Gideon a chance to process everything that was going on.   Eva wasn’t just massaging his prostate but; she was also performing oral se* on him, in conjunction with gently kneading his testicles.  I think that whatever reservations that Gideon may have had (about the se* act); Eva put him on sensory overload (so the only thing that Gideon could do was feel).   I think that was confirmed when Gideon cried after making love.   

Barb, you mentioned that Gideon might have indicated that he might like an*l play from his dreams.  Could you please tell me what part of the book (what page) that was in.  After reading the book, I didn't get that at all.  Maybe I missed something.  Thanks in advance.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Good afternoon ladies

I've just finished re- re- re- rereading chap 18.  It's the best chapter ever..... (on second thought, Chap. 19 is even better!!!!).

Gideon's careful coaxing Eva into a new s**ual experience always moves me deeply. He takes her by the hand and lets her into his world. He wants Eva to feel nothing but at ease and possibly happy with what's going on, safe, good, loved.

That's why my pick from this chapter is

1) Gideon was the best of everything for me, a man who wanted me ferociously - which I so urgently needed to feel secure - but with enough self-possession to keep from overwhelming me.

I wonder who wouldn't need that!!!!! :D

Hi Gabri, 

I agree. :)

Hi Barb

I believe not one of Gideon's former partners knew about his issues with that particular s*exual practice. Eva herself has to force him to it. She twice choses to ignore Gideon's pleas to stop.... and makes him cry.

Eva has cleansed him from Hugh's touch, and through his cry Gedeon is now free.

Hi Gabri, 

I agree.  I think that Eva took a huge risk by introducing that se**al experience.  You are also correct (from my understanding of the passage) that Eva forced Gideon into that act.  It could have backfired.  I am just so glad that it seems like Gideon was somehow set free from some of the memories by replacing it with an intensly pleasurable experience.  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi .

He didnt call her blonde, because of her hair colouring, but he basically called her stupid, because she(Eva)commented on Gideon wanting to be friends with Corinne.

I just added the bit about the brunettes! Gideons now favourite choice of hair colouring!

:D

Hi Julie, 

It is so interesting because I was wondering just a little bit if Jean Francois was making a snide comment to Eva about the fact that maybe his wife was the one who set the standard for all other women.  I didn't really read anything into his blonde hair comment other than the fact that perhaps Corinne may have made comments to him over the years about how he only dated brunettes (which I could have potentially seen if they were fighting and maybe she said somethiing nasty to her husband in retaliaton for something else said).

I also wondered if maybe Jean Francois had a bit of a "chip" on his shoulder because of he fact that he would also always be the second choice.  He would never be Corinne's first choice.    It could be a horrible way to live.  Somehow Jean Francois doesn't necessarily seem like the confident or secure man in the world.   What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I agree.  Gideon's past experiences are all of a controlling, self-serving sexual experience.  He said they often excluded any private contact with the women he brought to the s*x-pad and only used toys. I don't think Gideon would even discuss the possibility of an*l play prior to Eva.  Eva, his first real sexual partnership (I'm including even Corinne) was with Eva.  Corinne's first meeting with Eva she said he never opened up with her.  The really sad thing is Gideon thought he was happy. 

Hi Sharon, 

I agree.  I don't think that Gideon ever discussed his se**al preferences with any of his previous partners either.  :)

It is so apparent that you have done Power Point presentations!  I only wish I had a few of those when I was doing my presentations....mind you, I am not sure any of my professors would have liked any of the photos. All of my professors thus far have been men. :D