Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I also meant to say was.

She was running away from what she thought was the inevitable. Gideon dumping her. Silly girl.

Like he(Gideon) said to her when she made the comment about Mark proposing and being worried. Even though you know the answer is going to be yes, you are still scared.

Yes totally agree!!

Her running and jumping into the ocean forced him to speak up!!!!  Oh My...!   LOVE it..!!   :)

Hello everybody from sunny (and too hot) Italy!!!!!

I married Gideon Geoffrey Cross barefoot on a Caribbean beach with the hotel manager and Angus McLeod as witnesses.....

this is the perfect ending to Gideon and Eva's perfect love. The first ten words never ever fail to  make my eyes all shiny... After all Gideon and Eva (and us with them) have gone through, they can now experience perfect bliss. And so do I!!!!!

A secret marriage on the beach..... arranged to the tiniest details by someone who used to say he didn't like romance!!!

I was a little troubled by the prenup. Although I understand the necessity of such an arrangement between two wealthy people who are going to share their life with one another, I really don't like it, because it points out and reminds us that everything has a price: sex, love, children...

But Gideon was actually only protecting his own heart against the remotest likelihood of Eva walking out on him.  "There's nothing I wouldn't do for you" he tells Eva in RIY, which apparently includes giving up most of his wealth as well. As though killing Nathan wasn't enough!!!. His lawyers must have had a really hard time in convincing him otherwise.

I have to agree with you about the prenup; my heart sunk when I saw the words. I am glad it isn't a traditional one, but I wasn't too impressed by the clause of Eva receiving money, every time they had a child together.

I have to agree with you about the prenup; my heart sunk when I saw the words. I am glad it isn't a traditional one, but I wasn't too impressed by the clause of Eva receiving money, every time they had a child together.

I have a friend whose father gave her and her siblings $1 million for every grandchild. (I offered to let him have a couple of my kids as grandchildren but he didn't accept my offer.)  She said he gave her mother $500,000 for every child.  It wasn't really in a prenup but he just wanted her to understand that he loved her and appreciated the fact that she would give him these wonderful children.  I think it is very sweet and loving.  I feel the same way about Gideon.   I think he is just letting Eva know that having his children is very special to him.

Hi Gabri

Can you send the sun over to Scotland please, we have not had much today and we rarely get it so any you could spare would be nice.

I so loved those ten words it was just so touching and you know I always have a smile on my face when I read that part and think back to Gideon who said he did not do Romance, eye right, he is such a big softie and romantic, he would do anything to put a smile on Eva's face and I think he knew deep down this would make her sparkle, he is so intricate in his planning

I was like you when I heard the words Pre-nup, my heart was in my throat but it was lovely that Gideon was just wanting her to love him for the rest of her life and he would love her unconditionally until the end, it was so sweet what he did and yes you are right he was just guarding his heart but I think it showed Eva as well that money and possessions don't matter to him as long as he has her love.

Why can't we all find men like Gideon :P

Hi Sheens

I'll bottle some for you only!!!

In the meantime, couldn't a pair of eyes be more 'warming'?????? ;)

1044653_296028230540899_256903064_n.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I really can't see JFG hitting on Eva but if he does it will be from a place of anger.  It will only get him a slap in the face or Eva will call him an even bigger Asshat.

Why would he do that? It would be obvious that it was to hurt Gideon. I think he has more respect than that.

what does IMO stand for?  I have seen used numerous times and can't figure out what it means.  How did Eva going into the ocean get Gideon to open up?  She was upset thinking that he was breaking up with her and before he could pop the question (after dinner) she ran off.  Of course, he ran after her.  yeah!!  Loved this book very much and can't wait for the next two.  Hopefully our faithful forum will post what the next title with be, i am not on FB.

what does IMO stand for?  I have seen used numerous times and can't figure out what it means.  How did Eva going into the ocean get Gideon to open up?  She was upset thinking that he was breaking up with her and before he could pop the question (after dinner) she ran off.  Of course, he ran after her.  yeah!!  Loved this book very much and can't wait for the next two.  Hopefully our faithful forum will post what the next title with be, i am not on FB.

In my opinion. :)

The prenup isn't a traditional prenup that protects a spouse from getting money.  In this prenup Gideon agrees that Eva will split anything 50/50 after the wedding.  He isn't holding anything back from her.  Like Eva said, "the prenup was designed to protect his heart, to bind me and bribe me to stay with him no matter what.  He was giving everything he had."   I had to brush my tears from my eyes along with Eva when I read it.

Hi Sharonm

the same happens to me each and every time iread Chaps. 18 and 19.

I feel the need to hug them and say everything willl be all right, no matter what.

I've never experienced this level of involvement in a novel and being in the forum (thank you ladies!) has only deepened my pleasure in reading the Crossfire Series. :) :) :)

Hi Sharonm

I feel the need to hug them and say everything willl be all right, no matter what.

I've never experienced this level of involvement in a novel and being in the forum (thank you ladies!) has only deepened my pleasure in reading the Crossfire Series. :) :) :)

Hi Gabri

Being part of the forum has opened up the books, made you question actions taken by the characters, laughed with them, cried with and for them.

It's the best thing I have ever joined.

I would also like to say thank you to all you ladies for the fun. :D

Hello my little Italian lady.

This chapter speaks for its self. This is what made all the ladies of the world, cheer and shout hallelujah! We don't have to write anything, all their love and passion for each other was perfect.

I felt like part of the ceremony, I could feel the sand between my toes.

Angus watching with pride spoke volumes.

Perfection!

Hi Julie

I bet they didn't notice, but the cerimony was a little overcrowded with all of us readers sighing, wiping a stray tear, feeling sooooooo happy over them to be speechless.

BTW lovely hat you were sporting!!!! lol :D

Hi Julie

I bet they didn't notice, but the cerimony was a little overcrowded with all of us readers sighing, wiping a stray tear, feeling sooooooo happy over them to be speechless.

BTW lovely hat you were sporting!!!! lol :D

Hi Gabri

Hope they didnt mind me taking a few photos for my album. I saw you getting cosy with Angus. We wondered where he disappeared too. Care to elaborate? The champagne vanished too!!!

:D

I can't find the original post but someone was wondering how Gideon would have proposed if Eva hadn't run off in to the sea. Every time I reread the book I feel like the conversation they had the morning before the Golden video event (sorry I cant remember the exact chapter) was him working up to a proposal. I think he would have done it before Eva went out with Brett that night if they had already had the 'Hugh' conversation.

The crossfire conversation would have been the perfect lead in to a proposal IMO

What do you all think?

I love that chapter(my favorite) and I love that whole sexy time scene that morning so,it would have been fine with me!!

Hi Gabri

Hope they didnt mind me taking a few photos for my album. I saw you getting cosy with Angus. We wondered where he disappeared too. Care to elaborate? The champagne vanished too!!!

:D

Hi Julie

Busted!!!!

I do love redheads and the Scottish accent always does the trick for me..... it was only a matter of time!

I agree I do not think she was trying to kill herself, I think she thought that she broke them because what she had done on the plane and that he was going to break up with her.  I think that she said as much at some point.

:)

I agree with you, and I was thinking the same when I was reading it. It may also have had something to do with her being unsure after what had taken place on the plane.

You're right she was worried that Gideon was going to tell her it was over and she didn't want to face it.

Hi Sharonm

I know.  I feel the same about these characters.  They really need a group hug!  grouphugg.gif

Hi Gabri

Being part of the forum has opened up the books, made you question actions taken by the characters, laughed with them, cried with and for them.

It's the best thing I have ever joined.

I would also like to say thank you to all you ladies for the fun. :D

I agree.  I belong to a couple forums for my favorite TV shows but this is my favorite by far.    double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon.             animated-grazie-smiley-emoticon.gif

I agree.  I belong to a couple forums for my favorite TV shows but this is my favorite by far.    double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon.             animated-grazie-smiley-emoticon.gif

I totally agree love the depth that we all go into with these characters, makes reading the books more enjoyable   double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon.   from me too!!!!

:)  :)  :)

I know.  I feel the same about these characters.  They really need a group hug!grouphugg.gif

Awsome smileys!!!!!

Hello everybody from sunny (and too hot) Italy!!!!!

I married Gideon Geoffrey Cross barefoot on a Caribbean beach with the hotel manager and Angus McLeod as witnesses.....

this is the perfect ending to Gideon and Eva's perfect love. The first ten words never ever fail to  make my eyes all shiny... After all Gideon and Eva (and us with them) have gone through, they can now experience perfect bliss. And so do I!!!!!

A secret marriage on the beach..... arranged to the tiniest details by someone who used to say he didn't like romance!!!

I was a little troubled by the prenup. Although I understand the necessity of such an arrangement between two wealthy people who are going to share their life with one another, I really don't like it, because it points out and reminds us that everything has a price: sex, love, children...

But Gideon was actually only protecting his own heart against the remotest likelihood of Eva walking out on him.  "There's nothing I wouldn't do for you" he tells Eva in RIY, which apparently includes giving up most of his wealth as well. As though killing Nathan wasn't enough!!!. His lawyers must have had a really hard time in convincing him otherwise.

Those opening lines remained me of the end of Jane Eyre where she says ,"Reader, I married him." I think I remember reading an SD interview where she said she had liked or been influenced by the Brontes. I love Sylvia beginning the chapter that way.