Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

Hello ladies

after a 'wild' workout in the swimming-pool,  I don't even have the strength to type only with two fingers!!!!! :blink:

Here are my picks in Chap. 16:

1) Chemistry is chemistry

2 If there's a brawl over you, I'm watching from the bleachers.

3) Are you kidding? I've never been this entertained ina loong time.

I have to laugh in this chapter when Gideon pulls Eva aside and says this situation is INTOLERABLE ... Yes Gideon , just like it was INTOLERABLE for Eva to watch you cuddle up with Corinne for the last two weeks ...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Ireland's role and persona, especially in this chapter - so fresh and unsullied by all the sh*t flying around. Love her sweet naïveté, as though Gideon and Eva's situation is like a high school drama that can be solved by having your best friend pass a note or staging an "accidentally on purpose" running into each other.

She could so cut right through anything Corinne might pull if she were making an appearance here. I hope she gets a rain check soon on her cancelled dinner with big brother.

Why does Corinne always ruin everything that would have been a fantastic scene to read with all four of them at the restaurant!! And especially with the cute Italian chef in attendance!!

There's a brief exchange between Gideon and Eva that had me thinking.... it occurs after Brett tried to kiss Eva, again!, outside the Crossfire Building before the 6/9th premiere of the "Golden" video.

"Are you mad? Please don't be"

"Of course I am," he said evenly. "But not at you or him."

"O-kay." I had no idea of what that meant.

I do have an Idea of what Gideon's words could mean. My guess is that Gideon's mad at himself for not having secretly tied Eva to him waaaay before then. Seeing Eva as a single woman dating someone else must be burning him up. 

Because Gideon knows that he can only find some peace of mind after everybody (friend or foe, and Brett in particular) knows that Eva is HIS "to honour and to cherish". Forever.

Therefore, Corinne and Brett hands off... please, and so looong!!!.

Why does Corinne always ruin everything that would have been a fantastic scene to read with all four of them at the restaurant!! And especially with the cute Italian chef in attendance!!

Hi sscrph

Because she's a junkie gone postal, who is also strongly influenced by a psychopathic shrink. Did I miss anything?

I wonder what kind of vitamins SD was on when she outlined the plot!!!! lol

I have to laugh in this chapter when Gideon pulls Eva aside and says this situation is INTOLERABLE ... Yes Gideon , just like it was INTOLERABLE for Eva to watch you cuddle up with Corinne for the last two weeks ...

Indeed!!!!!

immortals-975555l.jpg

Good night ladies

I know my next 8-10 hours will be neither peaceful nor refreshing

because I'm going to have so much fun..............

with my sweet monkey-man !!!!    :wub:    :blush:        6286808197_14960d09c8.jpg

chapter-seventeen.jpg

Well Saturday is chapter 17 so I am going to help get us started with the discussion while LN Cronan is on “holiday†hope ok with everyone!!

These are my thoughts……

Liked Arnoldo babysitting Eva and Brett while they ate, making himself at home at the table.

Did not think that Eva should have invited Brett up to the apartment!!

Eva should not let Brett get close enough to run the tip of his nose up and down her cheek!!

Like that Eva and Gideon can be together and not have sex, so much love !!

Deanna hmmm do not like her at all…..!!!!

Loved that Gideon insisted that JFG apologize to Eva for the rude blond comment.

“You didn’t tell him about the tracker, did you† Monica mothering skills need some help if that is what she was worried about!!!

That's all for now!!  :)  :)  :)

Now I have two theories in this chapter.

1. Monica is paying off husband no.2 gambling debts to the mob, thus putting Eva at risk, if she doesn't pay up. Hence the tracking devices to keep tabs on her.

Or

2. Monica knows Gideon killed Nathan. She turned up at his (Nathan's )apartment to pay him off to leave Eva alone, and go away, just before Gideon killed Nathan. As Monica was leaving, she saw Gideon, she stayed saw what he (Gideon)had done, called Clancy, who removed the bracelet, to plant on Yedemsky, care of his brother. Clancy covered up Gideons tracks along with the Stanton's, to protect them. Clancy being very loyal to the Stanton's, and cared for Eva, after all she is not just a job! Clancy did say, she(Eva) would be alright. As regard to the money trail. I think the money would have been left in the flat. It's not a crime to pay someone(Nathan) off.

There were three comments from Monica that bought me to this conclusion

1." And if you're lucky, you'll never have anything happen that will drain you financially"

2. "Everything I've done is for love. Everything"

3.Eva. "We don't have any secrets,

Monica. "What about him(Gideon)"

I rest my case. M'lud.

I love Ireland's role and persona, especially in this chapter - so fresh and unsullied by all the sh*t flying around. Love her sweet naïveté, as though Gideon and Eva's situation is like a high school drama that can be solved by having your best friend pass a note or staging an "accidentally on purpose" running into each other.

She could so cut right through anything Corinne might pull if she were making an appearance here. I hope she gets a rain check soon on her cancelled dinner with big brother.

Hi Nrock, 

You are correct.  The interactions between Ireland and Gideon and Eva are so innocent.  It does remind me of what it used to be like in grade school.    It is one of the more innocent and light-hearted moments in the book. 

Hi GiGi

"Chemistry is chemistry", as Eva says.

The only thing Eva doesn't do is wondering why all of a sudden Brett wants her back after four, 4, years. From what we are told, Brett didn't seem much smitten by Eva, she was just one of the groupies to him and she had to settle for less.....

BUT Brett's line: "...the tour ends in November. I can come stay out here for the holidays. ....." makes all the alarm bells I've got go off!!!

I think Brett has really never given a d*mn abou Eva and he's only been following Eva's own 'career' on the gossip tabloids of late, that is from unknown, messed-up, cop's daughter to mega-mogul girlfriend (the mega-mogul who also happens to own his (Brett's) label company!!).

Like each and everyone who sees Eva's apt. for the first time, Brett is stunned by Eva's place, and I guess he's planning to move in with Eva because he thinks she has now the right social connections.

That's why Brett's approach is nothing but physical. He's playing the old remember-when-you-and-I-did-this game, the very same trick Corinne tried to play Gedeon along with at the advocacy dinner in Bared. grrrrrrrrr!

Shall I book a ticket to France for him too??? :D

Hi Gabri, 

Your theories are completely plausible! I personally think that Brett is a dirt bag who never thought of anyone other than himself!  My proof is in his release of that video.  No grown man (I do mean emotionally grown man) could ever possibly think that any woman would want to have her intimate and very private life with said man, exposed in such a public way.  Whether that was original video or it was recreated doesn't make a difference!!

Eva wh*red herself emotionally and physically and what she got was Brett snickering to one of his friends about what a good lay she was...Astounding!  I agree with you that Brett is looking out for his best interests and not for Eva's.  He never even appologized for his behaviour.  Everytime he went to appologize, he followed it up with a justification.  That's not an appology!

Gabri, book this boy a plane ticket, or buy him a rubber dingy (boat), toss it and him into the ocean with a couple of paddles and a weeks supply of food and water and say C I A O !!!!!  :D  Start paddling for California or anywhere else but here baby!!!  :;

There's a brief exchange between Gideon and Eva that had me thinking.... it occurs after Brett tried to kiss Eva, again!, outside the Crossfire Building before the 6/9th premiere of the "Golden" video.

"Are you mad? Please don't be"

"Of course I am," he said evenly. "But not at you or him."

"O-kay." I had no idea of what that meant.

I do have an Idea of what Gideon's words could mean. My guess is that Gideon's mad at himself for not having secretly tied Eva to him waaaay before then. Seeing Eva as a single woman dating someone else must be burning him up. 

Because Gideon knows that he can only find some peace of mind after everybody (friend or foe, and Brett in particular) knows that Eva is HIS "to honour and to cherish". Forever.

Therefore, Corinne and Brett hands off... please, and so looong!!!.

Hi Gabri, 

I like those lines too! 

I hope (for those who haven't finished reading the book) we won't have to tolerate these two for much longer!

Lol yes!!! That was my first historical romance novel and I loved it!

Hi Claudine, 

I was just wondering what is the wording like with historical romances?  How are the romantic scenes described?  I read a historical novel once and half way through I put it down.  Somehow the writing didn't seem authentic.  The writing seemed choppy.  It was NOT a book by Sylvia, it was another author.  What makes a historical novel good in your opinion? 

chapter-seventeen.jpg

Well Saturday is chapter 17 so I am going to help get us started with the discussion while LN Cronan is on “holiday†hope ok with everyone!!

These are my thoughts……

Liked Arnoldo babysitting Eva and Brett while they ate, making himself at home at the table.

Eva should not let Brett get close enough to run the tip of his nose up and down her cheek!!

Loved that Gideon insisted that JFG apologize to Eva for the rude blond comment.

“You didn’t tell him about the tracker, did you† Monica mothering skills need some help if that is what she was worried about!!!

That's all for now!!   :)   :)   :)

Hi Barb, 

Thanks for taking the time to post these summaries.  It is really nice of you to do this for the members. :)

Best line:

"Che vinca il migliore"  I love, love, love Italian!!!

I think in one way Eva was able to relax when Arnoldo babysat her and Brett because she knew that Arnoldo would report back to Gideon that nothing went on during the dinner.

In another way, I think that Eva was anxious because she had a history with Arnoldo and he had seen her when she wasn't at her best (when she kissed Brett) and she may be worried that Arnoldo continues to judge her. 

Page 244 confirms this:  "Ugh".  I sat back in my chair.  "I'm not a prize.  Or I should say:  I'm no prize."

Arnoldo shot me a look.  Obviously he didn't wholly disagree with me. I didn't blame him; he knew I'd kissed Brett and had seen the effect it'd had on Gideon.

I don't think that it was a good idea for Brett to go back to Eva's place.  The whole Brett and Eva dinner/evening launch party should have ended at the restaurant, but it may have helped to solidify the public perception that Eva was continuing to go on with her life without Gideon, thereby solidifying his claims of having broken up with Eva because of infidelity (with Brett).  Overall it was a well written, brilliantly scripted scene.

1. Monica is paying off husband no.2 gambling debts to the mob, thus putting Eva at risk, if she doesn't pay up. Hence the tracking devices to keep tabs on her.

Or

2. Monica knows Gideon killed Nathan. She turned up at his (Nathan's )apartment to pay him off to leave Eva alone, and go away, just before Gideon killed Nathan. As Monica was leaving, she saw Gideon, she stayed saw what he (Gideon)had done, called Clancy, who removed the bracelet, to plant on Yedemsky, care of his brother. Clancy covered up Gideons tracks along with the Stanton's, to protect them. Clancy being very loyal to the Stanton's, and cared for Eva, after all she is not just a job! Clancy did say, she(Eva) would be alright. As regard to the money trail. I think the money would have been left in the flat. It's not a crime to pay someone(Nathan) off.

1." And if you're lucky, you'll never have anything happen that will drain you financially"

I rest my case. M'lud.

Hi Julie,

You lost me with your second theory.  How does Monica know that Gideon killed Nathan?  How do you connect the dots for that scenario.  Gideon hadn't said anything to anyone about his plans and most certainly didn't say anything to Monica about what he intended to do.

How would Monica have known that Gideon was going kill Nathan on that night and not on some other night?  How would Monica know Gideon's whereabouts? Who would have been helping Monica in getting to the potential murder scene?  How did Monica even know where Nathan was staying? 

There are so many dots to connect.  Could you please explain?  I really would like to understand your theory.  Thanks in advance. 

Or

I rest my case. M'lud.

Hi Julie,

You lost me with your second theory. How does Monica know that Gideon killed Nathan? How do you connect the dots for that scenario. Gideon hadn't said anything to anyone about his plans and most certainly didn't say anything to Monica about what he intended to do.

How would Monica have known that Gideon was going kill Nathan on that night and not on some other night? How would Monica know Gideon's whereabouts? Who would have been helping Monica in getting to the potential murder scene? How did Monica even know where Nathan was staying?

There are so many dots to connect. Could you please explain? I really would like to understand your theory. Thanks in advance.

Right Gigi, this is how my theory goes.

Clancy admitted to Eva that he had been watching Nathan since he had been back in New York.

Monica worried because Clancy had revealed that Nathan had beaten Cary on that Friday night.

She(Monica)spoke to Gideon at the hospital on the Monday, after he and Eva got back from NC. Telling him what's happened.

She arranges secretly to get the money to keep Eva safe, pay off Nathan to leave the country.

Monica turns up at Nathan's Thursday evening to payoff Nathan.

As she leaves Gideon turns up, not seeing Monica. (Clancy is still watching all this unfold)

Gideon does the deed, leaving Nathan and the money in the flat. Clancy knows he has to do something to protect Monica, so he speaks to his brother, removes the bracelet and photos, which goes on to be planted on a Russian mob guy, who has been murdered by one of his own for sleeping with his daughter. Nathan as no connection whatsoever with the mob. Yedemsky is just a convenient dead body. Thus giving Gideon an alibi, and protecting Monica and Stanton, where the money is concerned, a paper trail.

Monica will do anything to keep Eva safe, including tracking her, and paying off Nathan.

I'm thinking Monica broke own and told Victor this when he came back to New York. That's why he gave his blessing to Gideon, because he knew he wasn't a cheater, but all his(Gideons)crazy actions were to protect Eva all along.

Hope that is a bit clearer.

I have been watching too many police programmes. Lol

That's why I think Monica made those comments to Eva, when they were at lunch. Gideons secrets, and her(Monica)being financially drained., and what she did, was for love. Monica knows. Trust me.

chapter-seventeen.jpg

These are my thoughts……

Hi barb55 I like the bit when Arnoldo sat at Eva,s and Brett's tablet I did not like that Eva took Brett up to her apartment and that Brett made a move on her if that was Gideon and he done it with corinne Eva would have gone on a head trip so when Gideon took deanna to a pub he done the right thing he did not won,t to up set Eva I donot like deanna at all she is up to something .and when Gideon asked JFG to apologise for the blonde comment that would of upset me as I am blonde .i don,t think Eva thinks about gideons feelings when Brett is around as she keep hurting Gideon

That's all for now!!  :)  :)  :)

Thoughts on chapter 17

Re-reading chapter 17 really bothered me. I've tended to skim over it in re-reads because the whole video thing really upset me, but I just re-read more carefully. Of course I'm on Team Eva and have explained and justified a lot of her very questionable behavior, but I have to say she really crosses a line here in her dealings with Brett. After seeing that video she should have excused herself from dinner if it bothered her that much, and it should have. Why should she be worried about hurting his feelings and saying she was freaked out and embarrassed by the video? And it's very strange to me that if she wanted Arnoldo to think better of her, she would have gone there. There were other places Gideon could have had a eye kept on her.

She definitely didn't need to invite Brett up - there was a natural break when she arrived back in the taxi. She could easily have ended things politely right then. And she definitely sent Brett very mixed messages in the apartment. IMO she was not far off from being what guys call a pric*teaser if you really examine the things she says as well as her physical cues. All in all I think Brett's behavior there was pretty polite and gentlemanly. Eva - not so much.

Hi Claudine,

I was just wondering what is the wording like with historical romances? How are the romantic scenes described? I read a historical novel once and half way through I put it down. Somehow the writing didn't seem authentic. The writing seemed choppy. It was NOT a book by Sylvia, it was another author. What makes a historical novel good in your opinion?

Well it certainly is different. SD's does read too heavy like a historical because quite frankly i wouldn't be able to stand it. I tried reading Jane Austen once... didn't get past the first three pages. What I suggest is to go to SD's website and read the excerpt and see if you'd like to read more of the story! Seven Years to Sin was still modern in a sense and it flows just fine for me, it still felt relatable. Granted everything happens in one book so at times she does fast forward but its at points if she continued it would make the book 1000 pages long!! Lol