Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love in this chapter when all of a sudden he catches Eva off guard and says he needs her to ask those questions that she needs the answers to; he is so overwhelmed at this point with his love for Eva, the uncertainty of their future, the incredible sexual experience and of course he is just HAPPY for the first time in his entire life ; he needs to hold onto this angel forever because VERY SOON he is going to ask her THE QUESTION and he needs that answer to be YES!!!

Hi Sscrph, 

I love the fact that Gideon is finally opening up to Eva and making himself vulnerable to her.  It is the first time that he is inviting the discussion about what had been going on in his past.  That was incredible progress as far as I was concerned.  Could it be that Gideon realized that there would no way Eva would say yes to his proposal if he didn't start letting her into his life emotionally (that would include really dark secrets from his past)?  What do you think? 

You know re-reading this chapter, one of the things that struck me was how physically attracted Eva still is to Brett. It's really not just a question of making Gideon jealous. She's really is drawn to Brett, even if it's mostly physically. Just read her description of him on the last couple pf pages of chapter 16 when she's coming out of the apt to meet him. And there are other similar descriptions by her.

One of the things I find most appealing about Eva is how she makes no bones about her appetites - for food, looking at hot guys, and of course s*x with a capital S. It's very rare, in my reading, to find a heroine willing to admit to those things, and it really makes me appreciate Sylvia as an author. It's interesting to contrast Eva and Gideon that way - Eva is the only one who has her effect on him - I could never imagine him ###### after Corinne or other women in any of the ways he does with Eva. And it's often so angsty (is that a word?) for him. I love the way Eva just enjoys her pleasures so thoroughly. It's a good thing for Eva that Gideon doesn't seem to feel the same sort of urges. She'd be tearing up New York.

I don't mean to imply that Eva loves Gideon any the less because of the above. Of course there's a whole lot more to her feelings for him than the physical side. It's lovely too that the rapes and torture that she endured as a child didn't destroy that side of her. She fought back and keeps fighting. Sad that gideon had to do all his fighting back on his own. That said, Eva needs to say get thee behind me satan, and cut Brett off sharpish!

Hi Nrock, 

You make good observations about Eva's likes and sometimes dislikes.  It is interesting to see how Eva is able to compare her past relationship with Brett with her current relationship with Gideon.  It is almost like Eva reverts back to being like a teenage girls when she remembers her attraction for Brett whereas she clearly and explicitly talks about her attraction to Gideon. 

Sylvia has done a great job of blending all the parts of Eva; traumatized Eva, Eva the rebellious teenage girl, and Eva the fully grown se***l woman.  It is nice to see a character who enjoys se* and her se***ality and makes no bones about it.  It is really refreshing. 

Cary, with "more than casual interest" asked Brett -- almost as soon as they got into the limo together -- "How's Erik?" 

The Sixth-Ninths band member that Eva suspects is straight but had sexually experimented with Cary. Maybe Erik is, like Cary, bisexual? Plus Erik supposedly is "dealing with some issues" -- meaning he could be someone who "needs" Cary? Cary has been with T.w.a.t. because she "needs" him, Cary explained to Eva.

Is Erik going to be Cary's happily ever after? Trey can't handle Cary being bi instead of gay, and Tat is a b**** who I suspect is lying about the fact she's having Cary's baby. Perhaps Erik is the one for Cary.

Cary, with "more than casual interest" asked Brett -- almost as soon as they got into the limo together -- "How's Erik?" 

The Sixth-Ninths band member that Eva suspects is straight but had sexually experimented with Cary. Maybe Erik is, like Cary, bisexual? Plus Erik supposedly is "dealing with some issues" -- meaning he could be someone who "needs" Cary? Cary has been with T.w.a.t. because she "needs" him, Cary explained to Eva.

Is Erik going to be Cary's happily ever after? Trey can't handle Cary being bi instead of gay, and Tat is a b**** who I suspect is lying about the fact she's having Cary's baby. Perhaps Erik is the one for Cary.

I should have vetted that b loody Golden Video :(

421804_294254520718270_292806851_n.jpg

Amen to that! Vetted, bought the rights, and gotten rid of it! Or at the very least taken Eva off somewhere she wouldn't have been associating herself with it. Poor Gideon - so many fires to be putting out.

That would be nice but then again if that happens 6/9 and Brett will always be in GidEvas life...Gideon won't like that!!

I love Ireland's role and persona, especially in this chapter - so fresh and unsullied by all the sh*t flying around. Love her sweet naïveté, as though Gideon and Eva's situation is like a high school drama that can be solved by having your best friend pass a note or staging an "accidentally on purpose" running into each other.

She could so cut right through anything Corinne might pull if she were making an appearance here. I hope she gets a rain check soon on her cancelled dinner with big brother.

I love Ireland's role and persona, especially in this chapter - so fresh and unsullied by all the sh*t flying around. Love her sweet naïveté, as though Gideon and Eva's situation is like a high school drama that can be solved by having your best friend pass a note or staging an "accidentally on purpose" running into each other.

She could so cut right through anything Corinne might pull if she were making an appearance here. I hope she gets a rain check soon on her cancelled dinner with big brother.

I love Ireland, I think she will be good for Gideon and she adores Eva so they will get on like a house on fire and she maybe a good buffer against Chris Jnr as he seems to mellow when she tells him off she doesn't take any of his bull s,h,i,t

I should have vetted that b loody Golden Video :(

421804_294254520718270_292806851_n.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

I shouldn't have looked at this picture of you, Henry!!! Illegally gorgeous even when you're ... tired? angry?

Hi Nrock, 

You make good observations about Eva's likes and sometimes dislikes.  It is interesting to see how Eva is able to compare her past relationship with Brett with her current relationship with Gideon.  It is almost like Eva reverts back to being like a teenage girls when she remembers her attraction for Brett whereas she clearly and explicitly talks about her attraction to Gideon. 

Sylvia has done a great job of blending all the parts of Eva; traumatized Eva, Eva the rebellious teenage girl, and Eva the fully grown se***l woman.  It is nice to see a character who enjoys se* and her se***ality and makes no bones about it.  It is really refreshing.

Hi GiGi

"Chemistry is chemistry", as Eva says.

The only thing Eva doesn't do is wondering why all of a sudden Brett wants her back after four, 4, years. From what we are told, Brett didn't seem much smitten by Eva, she was just one of the groupies to him and she had to settle for less.....

BUT Brett's line: "...the tour ends in November. I can come stay out here for the holidays. ....." makes all the alarm bells I've got go off!!!

I think Brett has really never given a d*mn abou Eva and he's only been following Eva's own 'career' on the gossip tabloids of late, that is from unknown, messed-up, cop's daughter to mega-mogul girlfriend (the mega-mogul who also happens to own his (Brett's) label company!!).

Like each and everyone who sees Eva's apt. for the first time, Brett is stunned by Eva's place, and I guess he's planning to move in with Eva because he thinks she has now the right social connections.

That's why Brett's approach is nothing but physical. He's playing the old remember-when-you-and-I-did-this game, the very same trick Corinne tried to play Gedeon along with at the advocacy dinner in Bared. grrrrrrrrr!

Shall I book a ticket to France for him too??? :D

Hi GiGi

"Chemistry is chemistry", as Eva says.

The only thing Eva doesn't do is wondering why all of a sudden Brett wants her back after four, 4, years. From what we are told, Brett didn't seem much smitten by Eva, she was just one of the groupies to him and she had to settle for less.....

BUT Brett's line: "...the tour ends in November. I can come stay out here for the holidays. ....." makes all the alarm bells I've got go off!!!

I think Brett has really never given a d*mn abou Eva and he's only been following Eva's own 'career' on the gossip tabloids of late, that is from unknown, messed-up, cop's daughter to mega-mogul girlfriend (the mega-mogul who also happens to own his (Brett's) label company!!).

Like each and everyone who sees Eva's apt. for the first time, Brett is stunned by Eva's place, and I guess he's planning to move in with Eva because he thinks she has now the right social connections.

That's why Brett's approach is nothing but physical. He's playing the old remember-when-you-and-I-did-this game, the very same trick Corinne tried to play Gedeon along with at the advocacy dinner in Bared. grrrrrrrrr!

Shall I book a ticket to France for him too??? :D

Good evening Gabri

We will just crate him up with the rest of them! Lol

I'll be off on vacation this weekend (on holiday as you U.K. ladies like to say) and will be away from my computer for much of it. Who would like to volunteer to help move along the chapter of the day tomorrow and on Sunday. Anyone?

Do you just post the chapter pictures and thats all??

Most of the Entwined snapshots are gone now, apparently along with the snippets, from Sylvia's main website, so I've just been getting the ball rolling, sans picture, about the chapter of the day. This thread has gotten more informal anyway now, because it would appear everyone on this site has already had a chance to read the entire novel. Twice. Three times. Ahhhhhhh ..... but it's still fun to examine each chapter individually.

Most of the Entwined snapshots are gone now, apparently along with the snippets, from Sylvia's main website, so I've just been getting the ball rolling, sans picture, about the chapter of the day. This thread has gotten more informal anyway now, because it would appear everyone on this site has already had a chance to read the entire novel. Twice. Three times. Ahhhhhhh ..... but it's still fun to examine each chapter individually.

Hmmm I just found them on her web page.  http://www.sylviaday.com/2013/05/06/entwined-snapshot-15/

Hello ladies

after a 'wild' workout in the swimming-pool,  I don't even have the strength to type only with two fingers!!!!! :blink:

Here are my picks in Chap. 16:

1) Chemistry is chemistry

2 If there's a brawl over you, I'm watching from the bleachers.

3) Are you kidding? I've never been this entertained ina loong time.