Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

Here are my picks in Chap. 13

1) the exchange over the phone between Eva and Ireland.

2) Steve retelling Eva how Mark popped it.

and in Chap 14

1) Dinner at the Indian restaurant.

In rereading Chap. 14, something came up that I really can't figure out.

When Devious Deanna talks about Gideon covering his misdeeds up with money she says: "It's all true, Eva. I've talked to Corinne Giroux."

Now, how the heck does Corinne know about the 'multi body tangle' at Eva's apartment???????

I'd need Julie's vitamins here!!!

Hey Gabri, you make a good point, I never thought of it like that, thanks that is now going to make my head hurt trying to think that one out LOL :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you tell Devious is lying? Her lips are moving.

There is a half-truth there, about her talking to Corrine. I think Corrine had been Devious' main original main target, having bought into the public lie Gideon and Corrine reunited -- and Devious finally faced Corrine, having tried (and failed) to get direct ammunition from Eva and Maggie. Probably did get ammo from Anne Lucas.

Devious' opening move with Eva had been to try to bait her with the taunt that Gideon used Eva just to get Corrine jealous enough to run back to him. I can see her taunting Corrine using Eva as bait -- Gideon has been beating up guys over Eva, so he must be crazy about Eva.

If Devious told Corrine about the Gideon-Brett fight, and Corrine already knew from Christopher Jr. or Lizzie about the Eva-Brett connection, then Devious would have landed a direct blow -- everything that Devious was saying must be true (Devious telling mostly twisted lies though) because the Gideon-Brett fight actually is true. That's the one tale Devious got right, because she spoke to some eyewitness.

Gideon never would have discuss Ian with Corrine -- with anyone other than his own lawyers. So Devious was messing with Eva's mind there, trying to fool her into thinking Gideon has been sharing dark secrets with Corrine. Maybe to make Eva so mad she'd turn around and spit out dark secrets about Gideon?

Nice try.

Thanks LN, makes it a bit clearer for me :)

Favourite lines in chapter 13

Ireland

"Oh my god, Eva! I just found out we are both going to be at the Sixth- Ninths thing tomorrow !"

"You still love him, right?"

Eva

"More than ever."

"Baby steps"

Love this too, I loved the whole talking to herself bit as that is what we all do but she was just reminding herself that it is still baby steps for both of them and I loved it :)

The key is to always look behind the words in order to determine motive.

There's always motive -- good and bad -- for characters telling Eva things.

• Deanna (and Corrine) both have motive for wanting to hurt Eva, and both have proven beyond all doubt they will fight dirty. Therefore, everything they say needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
  • The most effective lies are the ones that contain a grain of truth to twist.
  • As an example, go back and read from the middle of page 312 to 314 of Bared to You. That's when Corrine got to talk with Eva for the first time. Read something into every single thing Corrine said, and you can see she's using tiny grains of truth in order to manipulate Eva into thinking the worst.

The thing that amazes me about these characters is that they CONSTANTLY LIE!!! How awful must it be to be so obsessed with someone that you wake every morning to the fact that you want to be Mrs. Gideon Cross and you will do ANYTHING to accomplish that goal. The only people that don't lie in the series are Eva, Cary, and Victor . Victor doesn't lie because he is normal and Eva and Cary don't lie because in order to recover they had to face truths and be painfully honest. And even though we love Gideon he lies by omission. So at the end of the day we have poor Eva having to sift through all of their lies and omissions to get to the truth no wonder she is hard of hearing she doesn't want to hear any more LIES!!! LOL!!

Secondly I think Deanna used that sex tape as a last ditch effort to try and break up GidEva for good ...did she actually think she had a chance with him anyway...boy is she in denial ...so at least her failed attempt probably made her a bunch of money for the information.

The thing that amazes me about these characters is that they CONSTANTLY LIE!!! How awful must it be to be so obsessed with someone that you wake every morning to the fact that you want to be Mrs. Gideon Cross and you will do ANYTHING to accomplish that goal. The only people that don't lie in the series are Eva, Cary, and Victor . Victor doesn't lie because he is normal and Eva and Cary don't lie because in order to recover they had to face truths and be painfully honest. And even though we love Gideon he lies by omission. So at the end of the day we have poor Eva having to sift through all of their lies and omissions to get to the truth no wonder she is hard of hearing she doesn't want to hear any more LIES!!! LOL!!

Secondly I think Deanna used that sex tape as a last ditch effort to try and break up GidEva for good ...did she actually think she had a chance with him anyway...boy is she in denial ...so at least her failed attempt probably made her a bunch of money for the information.

I agree.

I still keep coming back to Gideons promise to destroy any journalist that prints anything about Eva(mainly her abuse)that will hurt her.

I think he will destroy Deanna for doing just that.

Hi azmich

where did you take the pic from?

Perhaps there are more size options for it (pun intended!!!!!) lol

Gabri-I'm becoming more convinced that Henry won't be playing Gideon :( So I thought I'd check to see what else was trending. I Googled 'photos of Gideon Cross and Eva Tramell' and there he was right in the first line. Don't know who he is but it's what I imagined for Gid. The other photos on that site were the usual actors that a lot of people are talking about. Sadly no one stood out except for HC.

And Shemar Moore-so hot!!! Definitely could see him as Parker!

chapter-thirteen.jpg

Chapter 13 up for grabs today ....

Here we were originally thinking at the end of April when this snapshot first came out that Eva and Gideon were getting it on. When in fact, Monica was getting laid in this chapter.

Who could have seen that coming.

I think at the time someone did actually post it could be Monica and Victor .... Whoever got it right gets free admission to PRIMAL!!

Gabri-I'm becoming more convinced that Henry won't be playing Gideon :( So I thought I'd check to see what else was trending. I Googled 'photos of Gideon Cross and Eva Tramell' and there he was right in the first line. Don't know who he is but it's what I imagined for Gid. The other photos on that site were the usual actors that a lot of people are talking about. Sadly no one stood out except for HC.

I like Shemar for Parker or Mark Garrity...

Hi azmich

you are right :(  it's something I'll have to face sooner or later... but he's so d a m n right for that role!

Woooah Ladies

I have just turned on my Nintendo console and there's a video trailer of Superman on!!!

Henry/Ken is right here with me!! :D

Maybe he thought they were from Monica and Stanton, the two of them comforting Eva for the fact that the whole Nathan situation was coming back to haunt poor Eva yet again.

Gideon was smart to send white roses instead of red.

White roses for ANGELMINE!!

I agree.

I still keep coming back to Gideons promise to destroy any journalist that prints anything about Eva(mainly her abuse)that will hurt her.

I think he will destroy Deanna for doing just that.

If Deanna continues to hound Mr. and Mrs. Cross she is dumber than I thought and a desperate crazy B I T C H but besides that Gideon would destroy her career AND her in a blink. He is a ruthless competitor and nothing stands in his way when trying to protect his ANGEL!!!

gorgeous-3.jpg

Does anybody know what his name is?

I'd say he's the only one so far who can hold a candle to Henry.

I see you've been googling.

I saw this guy, too. I have a feeling he's some kind of cologne model.

Now those are some blue eyes.

Never happier to do my homework! ;)

chapter-fourteen.jpg

Chapter 14 today!

I remember how excited I got when this snapshot originally was posted early May -- ah hah!!! Finally, the murder case was coming to a head!!

That part I got right .... as for the rest of it, my biggest pet theory didn't work out, that crucial evidence against Gideon became unusable forever, because the detective questioned Eva without a lawyer (Graves had gotten proof Gideon loved Eva and had never dumped - she broke up with Gideon after the killing.)

The whole "lie" was to make it look like someone else with an actual motive must have done it, because Gideon didn't have a motive. Why would he kill for a woman he'd rejected, hadn't even loved? Corrine was the one he loved, had wanted to marry all those years ago but she'd broken that engagement -- now Corrine had left her husband for Gideon, and Gideon had leapt at his chance to get Corrine back. Someone else had to have done it, because other people had motive too, probably better motive than Gideon.

What I didn't see coming was someone else being set up to look like he had better motive -- some Russian Mafia guy that Nathan had crossed. Conveniently, the gangster was now dead, and on the guy's corpse was key evidence tying him to Nathan, a one-of-kind sapphire bracelet Nathan always wore. Well played, Sylvia -- well played indeed.

Gideon told Eva that Nathan's bracelet was on his (Nathan's) corpse when Gideon left the hotel room. So someone else knew what Gideon had done -- whoever took that bracelet and planted it on the gangster (as well as planting stalking photos of Eva, making it look like the gangster, a sex trafficker, had a deal with Nathan for him to turn Eva over to him -- that's the deal gone wrong, the reason Nathan got killed.)

Personally I did not like this chapter.  We knew the police were going to be coming back into the book but I did not think there would be another twist like the Russian Mafia which I still feel has something to do with Clancy.

The bit that hit out to me was when Eva felt they were safe and Gideon reminded her that they both need to worry as if they knew what Gideon had done what will they expect from Gideon then.  This is the bit that has always made me wonder if there will be something more involved in book 4 with this line but I could just be thinking too much here :)

Someone knows what Gideon did -- if it's foe instead of friend, the biggest danger is his (or her) ability turning state's evidence as an eyewitness placing Gideon at the scene around the time of death. Utterly destroy his alibi. This person could blackmail him forever -- own the mortgage to Gideon's soul. Eva's too, because there's a danger she could be charged as an accessory too. Which she actually is now -- an accessory after the fact.

Because if they charged Eva too, Gideon would never go to trial. He'd never run the risk she could be tried and convicted and sent to prison for a very long time. He'd plea bargain instead, go to prison himself for a long time as part of a deal that included a condition authorities won't ever charge Eva in connection with the case.

I think it is friend, not foe, who planted the evidence. Gideon is now digging (well, has ordered Raul to dig) to solve the mystery.

Interesting comment by Gideon on page 211, that whoever did plant the evidence is connected to "... either the mob or the authorities, or both."

I'm ruling out Graves. It's one thing to "burn her notes" (which we now know was a lie anyway -- she and her partner never dropped the case). It's another thing to steal evidence from police storage. If that bracelet was on Nathan's corpse when police arrived, it would have appeared in the pictures the crime scene technicians took of his body exactly where it lay. It also would have appeared on an inventory of everything that was on Nathan's corpse when it arrived at the medical examiner's office, where even more photos would have been taken both before and after Nathan's body was stripped bare for his autopsy. Then there would be even more chain-of-evidence paperwork from when everything removed from the body was placed in evidence storage.

The bracelet (plus some of Nathan's recent stalking-around-New-York photos of Eva) were removed from the scene sometime between Gideon leaving it on Thursday and the first-responding police officer securing the crime scene Friday morning.