Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 12 favorite lines:

Eva:

"I've got thirty minutes. I'd rather f*** you than talk about your ex, if you don't mind." (page 177) Boy, what a difference from the two prior times Eva had seen Corrine at the Crossfire.

"Dad, I'm the same daughter you came to see a couple weeks ago. The same daughter who hung out with you in San Diego. I'm okay." (page 169) This is what Victor really needs to come to believe.

Gideon:

"When I saw you standing the lobby just now, in your pretty yellow dress, you looked so bright and beautiful. So perfect." (page 181) Oh so sweet.

Plus all the dirty talk in that sex scene -- very hawt, hawt, HAWT!

Others:

Cary about another model, "She's worse than Tatiana. She kept going on about her 'good side,' which I personally thought was her a.s.s. as it walked out the door." (page 170).

Favorite part of Chapter 12 was another major New Eva moment -- her to be able to rein in her temper and walk away, instead of pulling Corrine's hair, when Corrine was touching her man -- doing so in the Crossfire lobby, where Eva and Gideon met.

From page 176: "I can't say I didn't feel jealous, because of course I did -- Corrine could be with him publicly and I couldn't. But I didn't have the sick fear in my gut I'd felt before, the horrible insecurity that told me I was going to lose the man I loved more than anything. It was weird to not feel that panic. There was still a little voice in my head cautioning me against being too confident, telling me it'd be better to be afraid, to guard myself from getting hurt. But for once, I was able to ignore it. After all Gideon and I had been through, all that we were still going through, all he'd done for me ... "

YES!!! Finally, she had slain the twin demons of insecurity and jealousy. No more freak outs and runners because of Corrine. This particular test was huge for Eva and she passed with flying colors. What's more, Gideon understands Eva did pass it; he need not worry any more about Eva pitching fits, running away or getting even with him because of Corrine. (OK, well maybe subconsciously Eva is still getting kinda even by trying to stay friends with Brett.)

Irony too, that Gideon immediately pushed Corrine away and ran after Eva. The only two times all three of them have been in close physical proximity to each other was this particular scene and at the fundraiser the night Eva met Corrine. Both times ended the same way -- Gideon literally running after Eva, leaving Corrine in the lurch.

Additional irony that immediately upstairs, Eva got one heck of a nooner with Gideon -- the thing Corrine had tried to trick Eva into thinking she (Corrine) got from Gideon the day after he learned Corrine had moved back to New York. Hah!

Chapter 12 favorite lines:

Eva:

"I've got thirty minutes. I'd rather f*** you than talk about your ex, if you don't mind." (page 177) Boy, what a difference from the two prior times Eva had seen Corrine at the Crossfire.

"Dad, I'm the same daughter you came to see a couple weeks ago. The same daughter who hung out with you in San Diego. I'm okay." (page 169) This is what Victor really needs to come to believe.

Gideon:

"When I saw you standing the lobby just now, in your pretty yellow dress, you looked so bright and beautiful. So perfect." (page 181) Oh so sweet.

Plus all the dirty talk in that sex scene -- very hawt, hawt, HAWT!

Others:

Cary about another model, "She's worse than Tatiana. She kept going on about her 'good side,' which I personally thought was her a.s.s. as it walked out the door." (page 170).

Love these LN

Timeline of the rise and fall of Corrine's hopes:

Week of Nathan's killing:

1. Monday: Gideon took her out on a dinner date in a very public place, where there was a good chance they'd be photographed. Which they were. Corrine must have been puzzled and delighted, even if she likely got the "we're only friends" line. Gideon was taking her out alone. Safe bet that he avoided talking at all about Eva. Major mixed messages from Gideon.
  2. Tuesday: The gossip sites and tabloids went wild with speculation they were getting back together. Gideon never did anything to counter those stories. And where was Eva? Nowhere to be seen. The fact Gideon let those stories run unchallenged, and the fact he didn't tell Corrine those pictures caused a problem with Eva must have sent Corrine's hopes skyrocketing. More mixed messages from Gideon.
  3. Thursday: Gideon took Corrine to that party, and made sure they got photographed standing too close to one another, him touching her and her laughing. If those pictures from Monday had caused a problem with Eva, he never would have let himself be seen with Corrine in public a second time. But just the opposite was true -- he deliberately took Corrine as his plus-one to a high profile work event. So now everyone will think they're back together. She was probably fooling herself into thinking it was true -- she and Gideon were on a fast track to get back together. This particular night was Gideon's most serious manipulation and lying by omission/action to Corrine. He obviously was desperate this particular night, but he was stone-cold fooling Corrine.
  4. Friday: picture of Corrine and Gideon looking very much like a couple ran on THE gossip column in New York, Page Six.  What else was Corrine going to think? Gideon obviously deliberately invited the New York Post to that party -- it was practically shouting from the rooftops he was dating Corrine. Serious lie by omission.

Following week:

1. Gideon knowing the cops were watching his phones (he didn't dare call Eva) likely was taking Corrine's phone calls every day, maybe even briefly chatting a couple of times per day? Anyone examining his phone records would conclude he was talking to his lover.
  2. Gideon spending some free time with Corrine? At least Friday or Saturday night, because it would look odd if he did not go out on a date with his "girlfriend" over the weekend. To keep up appearances as well.  Corrine definitely spent enough time with Gideon to know for certain he was not spending any time with Eva. He's probably still telling her "just friends" but it had to be obvious now he and Eva were done.

So Gideon was still misleading Corrine by his actions, sending her mixed messages, letting her still believe they were headed somewhere beyond friendship -- headed there soon. Eva was history. Corrine coming back to New York and driving Eva away had worked beautifully, Corrine would have been led to believe.

Week three:

1. Monday: Gideon had Corrine come by the Crossfire so they could go somewhere after work. Was this the night he told her all they could be were long-distant friends, not even "social friends" (i.e. no spending time together any more. He definitely said something like that to Corrine, because he later told Maggie he had -- and Maggie repeated it to Eva on) By refusing to see Corrine face to face anymore, Gideon's actions made clear he was "dumping" her.
  2. Tuesday: morning showdown with Eva, that Corrine lost -- and learned that Eva still loves Gideon, even though Eva and Gideon aren't seeing one another. Corrine connecting the dots: Eva's reappearance coupled with Gideon cutting off spending time with Corrine = panic time?
  3. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights: Gideon never came home - he spent Wednesday at Eva's and the next three nights in their love nest. Corrine lives around the corner from his penthouse, and could easily (I'd say certainly) watch the entrance to his building, look for the lights on in the penthouse, figuring out he wasn't coming home nights. Corrine must have guessed he was seeing Eva again.

Week four:

1. Sunday morning: Corrine called him all teary, but then started to lay some sort of guilt or manipulation trip on him that made him turn icy. Then he hung up on Corrine.
  2. Immediately after that call, he learned from Eva just how much of a scheming b**** Corrine had been to her. He decided he no longer wanted to even talk with Corrine. So when Corrine tried calling him again, she couldn't get through.
  3. Sunday afternoon through Tuesday lunchtime: Gideon refused to return any of Corrine's numerous phone messages, which likely were home and cell over the weekend and then office as well on Monday and Tuesday. (Poor Scott)
  4. Tuesday lunchtime: she showed up unannounced and desperate at the Crossfire, an encounter that ended with him shoving her away and running toward the elevators where Eva had just disappeared toward.

Corrine needed no further proof at that point her own worst insecurity and jealousy issues were right: he'd gone back to Eva. Corrine had lost.

Unfortunately, future chapters would show Corrine would not go quietly.

Hi Jennpenn926,

You make a good observation. I think that they are both equals in beds. Yes Gideon has dominance over Eva, but Eva has just as much dominance over Gideon. Several of the love scenes seem to reflect that. What do you think?

Yes, they are equals in bed definitely. Like you said Gideon has dominance over Eva but she has to allow him and on some occasions she doesn't allow it. Because she willingly gives her self over to Gideon and he gives himself completely to her as well it really doesn't matter who is in control. All that being said it is pretty fu**ing sexy when a man is like "The Boss" in the bedroom.

Yes, they are equals in bed definitely. Like you said Gideon has dominance over Eva but she has to allow him and on some occasions she doesn't allow it. Because she willingly gives her self over to Gideon and he gives himself completely to her as well it really doesn't matter who is in control. All that being said it is pretty fu**ing sexy when a man is like "The Boss" in the bedroom.

As Cary would say H E L L YEA!!

Hi Jennpenn928, 

You are absolutely right there lady! 

I bet with any other woman he cant be romantic but with Eva it comes naturally

Hi Claudine, 

You make a good point.  I think that with Eva, Gideon wants to try and be romantic because it matters to her and if it matters to Eva, then it matters to Gideon.

pun intended?! lol oh my that picture is... ummm.. I have no words.

Hi insideofclouds

it's only 9.15 here in Italy and I'd have some..... but they are better left unsaid!!!!!! lol

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :blush:

photo-thumb-10611.jpg?_r=1371476033

Can't figure how to make this bigger?!?

Hi azmich

where did you take the pic from?

Perhaps there are more size options for it (pun intended!!!!!) lol

Here are my picks in Chap. 13

1) the exchange over the phone between Eva and Ireland.

2) Steve retelling Eva how Mark popped it.

and in Chap 14

1) Dinner at the Indian restaurant.

In rereading Chap. 14, something came up that I really can't figure out.

When Devious Deanna talks about Gideon covering his misdeeds up with money she says: "It's all true, Eva. I've talked to Corinne Giroux."

Now, how the heck does Corinne know about the 'multi body tangle' at Eva's apartment???????

I'd need Julie's vitamins here!!!

Here are my picks in Chap. 13

1) the exchange over the phone between Eva and Ireland.

2) Steve retelling Eva how Mark popped it.

and in Chap 14

1) Dinner at the Indian restaurant.

In rereading Chap. 14, something came up that I really can't figure out.

When Devious Deanna talks about Gideon covering his misdeeds up with money she says: "It's all true, Eva. I've talked to Corinne Giroux."

Now, how the heck does Corinne know about the 'multi body tangle' at Eva's apartment???????

I'd need Julie's vitamins here!!!

How can you tell Devious is lying? Her lips are moving.

There is a half-truth there, about her talking to Corrine. I think Corrine had been Devious' main original main target, having bought into the public lie Gideon and Corrine reunited -- and Devious finally faced Corrine, having tried (and failed) to get direct ammunition from Eva and Maggie. Probably did get ammo from Anne Lucas.

Devious' opening move with Eva had been to try to bait her with the taunt that Gideon used Eva just to get Corrine jealous enough to run back to him. I can see her taunting Corrine using Eva as bait -- Gideon has been beating up guys over Eva, so he must be crazy about Eva.

If Devious told Corrine about the Gideon-Brett fight, and Corrine already knew from Christopher Jr. or Lizzie about the Eva-Brett connection, then Devious would have landed a direct blow -- everything that Devious was saying must be true (Devious telling mostly twisted lies though) because the Gideon-Brett fight actually is true. That's the one tale Devious got right, because she spoke to some eyewitness.

Gideon never would have discuss Ian with Corrine -- with anyone other than his own lawyers. So Devious was messing with Eva's mind there, trying to fool her into thinking Gideon has been sharing dark secrets with Corrine. Maybe to make Eva so mad she'd turn around and spit out dark secrets about Gideon?

Nice try.

chapter-thirteen.jpg

Chapter 13 up for grabs today ....

Here we were originally thinking at the end of April when this snapshot first came out that Eva and Gideon were getting it on. When in fact, Monica was getting laid in this chapter.

Who could have seen that coming.