Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

Good morning to the ladies in the States and tomorrow morning to our new addition from Australia. Does this mean she will be on chapter 12? Lol

I loved this chapter, because Gideon knowing Eva's father is coming back to New York to see his daughter over her abuse, takes on a whole different attitude, than we normally see him.

Trying to put Eva at ease when she drives his car(A DB9)in New York for the first time. Trying to instill confidence in her for when her dad arrives. This confidence evaporates when she gets to the airport and sees Victor.

She is very hesitant at getting behind the wheel of the car. Gideon is watching her through hidden CCTV, ringing her, he encourages her to climb in.

He comes out with a lot of one liners that made me chuckle,

1. "I'd love to spread you across the hood and f*ck you real slow. Push my c*** deep inside you. Give those shocks a workout "

2. "Remind me, which one of us has the transportation fetish"

3 . Your lack of respect for this vehicles upholstery is appalling"

4. "You'll never lose me, angel. Wherever you go, however far, I'll be right here with you"

The humour in Gideon in this chapter was eye opening. His character has grown since being back with Eva. He is more at ease with himself, opening up to Eva is taking him in the right direction, to him being healed.

Julie, your NO.1 is my No.1 also, yes please Gideon LOL :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gigi,

I do get what you mean and I don't disagree. However my point was more that Magdalene understands how Gideon operates, she recognises his patterns and she understands a large part of his character. She may not know why he is the way he is, bit she gets who he is.

Corinne on the other hand, I can't figure out who she is in love with because she doesn't seem to know Gideon at all!! Its like she is in love this image in her head of who she thinks Gideon is / should be.

I agree Corrine is not in love with the real Gideon, she is in love with a man she made up in her head! She really needs to move on and find her own happiness. I do think Gideon has to have a frank conversation in which he tells her that he was glad she broken off their engagement. He needs to be honest so that she can move on once and for all.

Hi Gabri. sorry I didnt mean to anger you. please forgive me.

I'm hoping that, over time Gideon will, not forget, but make some sort of peace with himself, over his actions. He took a life to save a life, Eva's life. Hopefully he can move forward.

I think Gideon will work through his guilt. It will always be there but over time i think it will get better.

Hi Sscrph, 

I guess I would wonder how the connection would be made between Tatiana and Ian?  She wasn't there and was modelling out of the country.  So unless Cary accidentally said something to Tatiana, I can't see how she would link Gideon with the events.  What has everyone surmised thus far?  How did everyone connect the dots?

Ian could have saw pictures of Eva and Gideon together online and put two and two together. Realizing that Gideon was Eva boyfriend.

I think it was about the prenup too, he said "I don't share your concern... I'm aware of the risk" maybe that's his attorney making sure he knows that the prenup is rather generous and he could stand to lose a lot but of course Gideon gives no f***s.

That was my thoughts as well.

One of the hottest lines yet in the series for me had been the "I'd love to spread you across the hood and f*** you real slow. Push my c*** deep inside you. Give those shocks a workout." (page 163)

I hope he actually does it in Book 4 or 5, and she reciprocates with her promise of blowing him while he's driving. It's be right up there with the sex swing scene Sylvia has suggested is coming (pun intended!)

I don't know about the BELOW JOB ; Gideon is a big guy and pretty responsive when Eva WORKS on him so I hope he doesn't have an accident OMG LOL!!

I agree Corrine is not in love with the real Gideon, she is in love with a man she made up in her head! She really needs to move on and find her own happiness. I do think Gideon has to have a frank conversation in which he tells her that he was glad she broken off their engagement. He needs to be honest so that she can move on once and for all.

Hi Jls1216, 

I agree with you.  Gideon and Corinne need to have one final conversation; one in which Gideon tells her the truth about why he let her get away.  To do anything less would be cruel to Corinne.  To do anything more and continue to drag out this already strained and broken relationship would be cruel to Eva.  Let's just be done with this. 

Ian could have saw pictures of Eva and Gideon together online and put two and two together. Realizing that Gideon was Eva boyfriend.

Hi Jls1216, 

Your theory is just as plausible as anyone else's.  I guess we will have to wait and see which ones will pan out this time around.  :)

Sheens where do you find this stuff?

I am a fan of the Crossfire page on FB and some of these pictures came from there, I saw it and thought of Gideon alone in bed without Eva especially at the end of Reflected and now when they are in separate apartments.  Glad you liked it

Sheens xx

chapter-twelve.jpg

Chapter 12 is up for indepth discussion today.

Note: this particular chapter snapshot is the one that changed back and forth. It started off as the elevator picture you see here. Then it switched to a vase of white roses (the flowers Gideon put in Eva's bedroom while she was out with her Dad.) Then it switched back to the original picture of the elevators.

My favourite lines from this chapter

1. "He's just found out that someone hurt me a long time ago. Now it's too late to do anything about it and he's having a hard time with that."

2. "Eva is more than I'd ever thought I'd have in my life" he looked at me with so much love it made my throat tight . "And she's perfect. Everything I could ever hope for. I'm not sure here's room in my heart for anyone else."

3. "I've got 30 minutes. I'd rather f*ck you than talk about your ex, if you don't mind."

4. ."I've captured an angel"

My favourite lines from this chapter

1. "He's just found out that someone hurt me a long time ago. Now it's too late to do anything about it and he's having a hard time with that."

2. "Eva is more than I'd ever thought I'd have in my life" he looked at me with so much love it made my throat tight . "And she's perfect. Everything I could ever hope for. I'm not sure here's room in my heart for anyone else."

3. "I've got 30 minutes. I'd rather f*ck you than talk about your ex, if you don't mind."

4. ."I've captured an angel"

I must say Julie, it is great when you find these lines, I have to keep going back through my IPad to find them before I can post them but then by that time someone has posted what I wanted to say.

I loved the other picture for Chapter 12 with the roses and I felt that was such a poignant part of the story so that Eva knew Gideon was really truly thinking about her especially at such a hard time with her father and to give us something to smile about in that time.  It was so special and sweet of him 

:)

I must say Julie, it is great when you find these lines, I have to keep going back through my IPad to find them before I can post them but then by that time someone has posted what I wanted to say.

I loved the other picture for Chapter 12 with the roses and I felt that was such a poignant part of the story so that Eva knew Gideon was really truly thinking about her especially at such a hard time with her father and to give us something to smile about in that time.  It was so special and sweet of him 

:)

Hi Sheena

I'll put them under your name too shall I? Lol

That's because I can fold over the corners of my book. :) bit awkward with an iPad lol

I love that Gideon, never fails to impress as the story unfolds. Just when you think he can't be anymore romantic, he proves us wrong. What a guy!!!

:D

Hi Sheena

I'll put them under your name too shall I? Lol

That's because I can fold over the corners of my book. :) bit awkward with an iPad lol

I love that Gideon, never fails to impress as the story unfolds. Just when you think he can't be anymore romantic, he proves us wrong. What a guy!!!

:D

I know and he said at the beginning that he was no a romance kind of guy but he really is showing the romantic side of him in this book and I love it.

yes bit more difficult in an Ipad to fold the corners over, must see if there is another way to do it  :D

I am a fan of the Crossfire page on FB and some of these pictures came from there, I saw it and thought of Gideon alone in bed without Eva especially at the end of Reflected and now when they are in separate apartments.  Glad you liked it

Sheens xx

Sheens have you figured out how to put an avatar pic on an iPad I just can't get mine to work and I have a great pic I want for my avatar...Thanks in advance. :)