Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

That or playing hard-ball about the proposed pay-off to Ian; a private settlement in return for him signing a non-disclosure agreement to keep his mouth shut about being punched in the face (i.e. no talking to Deanna Johnson). Putting pressure on the other side by essentially threatening "shut up and sign or the settlement is going bye-bye, because some reporter is already sniffing around and could break a story any day. If the story does end up breaking, then Ian isn't getting a cent. If anything, I might sue him and the reporter both for libel, financially destroying the pair of them."When I listened to that scene on audiobook, it came across as Gideon being a hard a.s.s. It's why Eva, I think, backed out of his home office and "left him to it."

Hiya

I've just downloaded the audio version, listening to it now.

The way some scenes are read, puts a different spin on the story. :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya

An audiobook does add a new dimension to a story, especially about the dialog -- the words that characters say aloud. I kinda compare it to listening to a phone message versus reading someone's email. Hearing the words being said aloud makes certain things jump out.

The main reason I've become almost a walking encyclopedia of the series thus far comes from both listening to the books several times as well as re-reading them a couple of times. More stuff jumps out hearing the narrator say things.

Hiya

An audiobook does add a new dimension to a story, especially about the dialog -- the words that characters say aloud. I kinda compare it to listening to a phone message versus reading someone's email. Hearing the words being said aloud makes certain things jump out.The main reason I've become almost a walking encyclopedia of the series thus far comes from both listening to the books several times as well as re-reading them a couple of times. More stuff jumps out hearing the narrator say things.

I've never tried audiobooks before but you ladies are unintentionally convincing me to give it a try!

I've never tried audiobooks before but you ladies are unintentionally convincing me to give it a try!

You don't need to buy CDs nor own an iPod to listen to audiobooks, either. You can listen to them on a computer just like songs.

Those of you ladies who own Kindle Fire models? You can listen to them on those. In fact, audible.com is owned by Amazon. (And no, I am not writing some free ad for audible ;) I love the iTunes store, too, but I definitely buy my audiobooks from audible.

In fact .... audible regularly runs a special to let new users try one book for free, a way for the company to let prospective new customers try out the service for themselves. Sooooo ... never downloaded an audiobook before? Maybe try a freebie copy of Entwined from audible, see how you like it ... I'll bet you go back and buy Bared and Reflected too! Be warned though, Reflected is even more of a tear-jerker on audiobook.

However Victor found out about Nathan being a rapist, it appears it was Sunday morning at the police station where he works. On the phone early Saturday afternoon, when their weekly father-daughter phone call got cut short and Eva promised to call him Sunday, he told her "I may have to stop by the station in the morning, but you can reach me on my cell no matter what. I love you." (page 119)

1. He was his usual happy self on Saturday. On Sunday, he was angry, practically crying, and was dropping everything to fly to New York as soon as he could arrange it. Given the dramatic change, there's no way he'd been sitting on the knowledge for two-plus weeks. He's not that good of an actor. He was a devastated Dad who found out Sunday and lost it.
  2. It was before 8 a.m. local time in California he started phoning Eva's cell phone repeatedly. She missed three calls because she was sleeping in late, having been up almost all night. He also started calling Monica, because by the time Eva did check her phone, Monica was trying to reach her too. He'd even tried Eva's apartment or Cary's cell phone, because Cary sent Eva a shouting text message CALL ME. More indication it was early Sunday morning local time Victor found out.
  3. Courts aren't open on weekends, so we can rule out Victor managing to somehow pull Nathan's juvenile crime records Sunday morning. 
  4. So how did he find out Sunday morning, apparently at his station house? And how did he know Saturday afternoon he "might" need to stop by the station the next morning?

My theory - Detective Graves (or possibly her partner, Detective Mincha) flew to San Diego and had a quiet cop-to-cop meeting during a quiet time at the precinct house on Sunday morning. One or the other (perhaps both) called him Saturday to say they were coming out. What they'd have to say was too sensitive to speak about over the phone, nor would it be discrete mailing copies (someone else could open the envelope -- and besides, there's no mail delivery anyway on Sunday) or to fax the material (someone else could see the pages coming off the machine.)

I found Chp 10 hard with Victor finding out and Eva so upset with the knowlege :(

Coming back to this particular chapter, Victor started doing his own digging that Friday night after Eva shut herself in her room. He was the one who showed Eva proof Gideon was with Corrine. Victor didn't have to come out and say "cheater" -- Eva's own reaction confirmed for him, watching with his cops' eyes the agony cross Eva's face (as what went through her mind was -- Gideon saw the rape photos, "it has to be this way" cannot be with her anymore, he's definitely f***** Corrine now, they probably went at it all night together after the party, heading right up stairs to the fully-stocked f*** pad.)

I think he honestly flew back to San Diego on Sunday, though. He's a regular street cop, not someone who could afford to hang out in New York City for nearly three weeks running his own private investigation. Besides, wherever Eva had been living during the years she was being raped, it wasn't New York. The summer the Crossfire story unfolds was the first time Eva lived in New York City.

So it had to have been somewhere else. Perhaps that somewhere else might have been somewhere in California. 

If you listen to the Audio there is a bit where Eva mentioned that her Dad has rode her since he left her after Nathan's murder trying to find out what went on, what the deal was so I think even when Victor went home he appears to have been calling Eva asking her what is the deal and he did not believe the bullying story 

An audiobook does add a new dimension to a story, especially about the dialog -- the words that characters say aloud. I kinda compare it to listening to a phone message versus reading someone's email. Hearing the words being said aloud makes certain things jump out.The main reason I've become almost a walking encyclopedia of the series thus far comes from both listening to the books several times as well as re-reading them a couple of times. More stuff jumps out hearing the narrator say things.

When I listen to these books, when it gets to the sex scenes I feel like I'm intruding if you get what I mean. It's almost like being a voyeur! Not that I turn them off because they are so hot!

A couple of things have already cropped up differently to how I imagined them.

I have them all on audio and to be honest I prefer them there as you feel as if you are listening to the exact characters and you pick up so much more 

You don't need to buy CDs nor own an iPod to listen to audiobooks, either. You can listen to them on a computer just like songs.

Those of you ladies who own Kindle Fire models? You can listen to them on those. In fact, audible.com is owned by Amazon. (And no, I am not writing some free ad for audible ;) I love the iTunes store, too, but I definitely buy my audiobooks from audible.

In fact .... audible regularly runs a special to let new users try one book for free, a way for the company to let prospective new customers try out the service for themselves. Sooooo ... never downloaded an audiobook before? Maybe try a freebie copy of Entwined from audible, see how you like it ... I'll bet you go back and buy Bared and Reflected too! Be warned though, Reflected is even more of a tear-jerker on audiobook.

Hi Fluffy

You know you want to, it makes the story come alive even more.

IM SOLD!! 

You don't need to buy CDs nor own an iPod to listen to audiobooks, either. You can listen to them on a computer just like songs.Those of you ladies who own Kindle Fire models? You can listen to them on those. In fact, audible.com is owned by Amazon. (And no, I am not writing some free ad for audible ;) I love the iTunes store, too, but I definitely buy my audiobooks from audible.In fact .... audible regularly runs a special to let new users try one book for free, a way for the company to let prospective new customers try out the service for themselves. Sooooo ... never downloaded an audiobook before? Maybe try a freebie copy of Entwined from audible, see how you like it ... I'll bet you go back and buy Bared and Reflected too! Be warned though, Reflected is even more of a tear-jerker on audiobook.

Oh! I so agree with you about Reflected. It was heart breaking.

Audible books are great.

I love listening to them when I'm out walking the dog.

Not so good when you met someone and its right at a steamy part.

Jill Redfield has a great voice as Eva and even as Gideon

This is the first time I have tried an Audible book and I do love the experience of riding to work listening to her reading the book and I like all of the voices EXCEPT Gideon's I just keep thinking that she is trying too hard with his, I wish they would have had a real male voice!!

This is the first time I have tried an Audible book and I do love the experience of riding to work listening to her reading the book and I like all of the voices EXCEPT Gideon's I just keep thinking that she is trying too hard with his, I wish they would have had a real male voice!!

I so agree with you. A male voice would add depth to the story. Even more sexy!

Hello ladies

This is the happiest bunny on earth speaking!!!

After a few sweet and playful moments between Eva and Gedeon, reading (seeing, almost) Victor's anguish and pain was hard on me. On top of everything, there's Eva's "friendly neighbour" to be concerned about too.

I bet Victor would rather this neighbour were Spiderman!!

henry-cavill-.jpg

I just feel like to celebrate my EWY book

What would have we done, had it been HIM to bring our books,,,

what wouldn't  have we?

Henry Cavill as the Gideon voice on the audible version now that would be AMAZING !

I can't even think about it!! What a wonderful voice he's got!!

Oh my,   my few hormones left have just gone postal!!