Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This chapter is one of Eva's worst nightmares come true.

Her father has found out about her abuse.

It becomes too much for Eva having to deal with a devastated Victor. She pleads with him apologising, telling him she didnt want his life tainted by Nathan too.

Heartbroken she seeks Gideon out, whose on the phone to Corinne. When he sees Eva's face he cuts Corinne off sharpish, going to Eva. Holding her while she sobs.

Gideon tenderly stalks Eva round the apartment. After a while he sets her to work on his laptop to take her mind off Victor.

A phone call to Cary later, Eva reveals the conversation with Victor. Even Cary is torn up.

Gideon deals with Monica, who's been ringing non stop, obviously having had a call from Victor, by calling her, inquiring after Eva. Making it look like he is making his way back to her via her(Monica.)

Favourite lines

"If he(victor) mistakes you for a burglar, it won't be pretty."

"At least I've got a lovely way to count the minutes until we're together again" referring to her new watch from Gideon .

"I need to know your okay."

Hi Julie, 

I am so glad that Victor found out about Eva's past abuse.  Although it is very painful, at least Eva doesn't have to carry this secret around with her.  On some level, surely Eva must be a little relieved and glad.  She now finally has a dad who can comfort her (the way that she should have been comforted when she was a little girl).  She may also be able to let herself off the hook for her past indiscretions (as a result of being abused and not knowing what to do but act out).  Further more, maybe she will finally be able to heal more fully.

Eva finally gets to be the daughter of Victor and Monica.  She is no longer the secret keeper of Monica.  Things are the way they should be. 

I agree with you about Corrine's image of him was pure fantasy.  Maggie would have also known of his feelings about being around his family too.  And with that little bit of knowledge, thought that being patience would be the key to getting him to be hers.

Hi Fsumom,

At the end of the day, the only person who really knows Gideon is Eva.  Every other person (that being women) seem to have their own agenda when it comes to him. 

Hi GiGi

I might even have run into you!!!!

Where did you go?

Hi Gabri,

We went to so many clubs I wouldn’t even know where to begin. We were strictly northern girls (Milano, Switzerland, Germany).  I can say that we always went to Panino Giusto the next afternoon for our Panini, cappuccinos and brioche.  They make the BEST FREAKING PANINI !!!  So GOOOODDD!!!!  :)   :)   :) 

Hi Julie, 

I am so glad that Victor found out about Eva's past abuse.  Although it is very painful, at least Eva doesn't have to carry this secret around with her.  On some level, surely Eva must be a little relieved and glad.  She now finally has a dad who can comfort her (the way that she should have been comforted when she was a little girl).  She may also be able to let herself off the hook for her past indiscretions (as a result of being abused and not knowing what to do but act out).  Further more, maybe she will finally be able to heal more fully.

Eva finally gets to be the daughter of Victor and Monica.  She is no longer the secret keeper of Monica.  Things are the way they should be.

Totally agree!!

hi Gabri

I know what you mean, I'm the same. I sometimes have to remind myself how old I am. In my head I'm only 25. Wish the body was though!!!! Lol

Old saying "you are only as old as the man you are touching" LOL good for us as Henry is only nearing his 30's, I am 42 but I get told I act like a teenager at times so I am happy with that Hehehe :)

Hello my little friend

I know what you mean. This woman has used Eva's guilt against her. It's always woe is me, where Monica is concerned. And Stanton lets her, as does Eva too.

Eva must feel everyone wants a piece of her. Poor girl.

I am so sick of Monica! She needs to grow up and get over herself!

chapter-eleven.jpg

Good morning, ladies in the States and afternoon ladies in Europe. Up for fun today is Chapter 11.  I remember how much buzz this snapshot generated in late April when it first went up, the U.K. fans quickly identifying the car as an Aston. 

The original idea behind the thread was to stick to just the chapter per day plus anything before it, but as the plots are now twisting quickly, the thread started to evolve yesterday into a re-read a day, picking up on stuff coming further up in the book, and that's OK, because increasingly the plot is moving more quickly. Kinda like this DB9 ;)

Sylvia loves hearing favorite quotes or paragraphs :)

Gideon tends to avoid discussing his having killed Nathan unless necessary. But here, with the murder investigation taking its biggest twist since Detective Shelley Graves leaked to Eva the killer was Gideon, he and Eva again find themselves having to discuss something they've mostly skirted around since the night they got back together.

"Will I let someone else pay for my crime?" Gideon says on page 160. Yet another admittance he did it.

This chapter's development -- word that police are looking at another suspect -- proves to me that Graves lied to Eva about dropping the investigation. They most certainly haven't.

It also reinforces for me they have been feeding Gideon's lawyers a lie that he's not a suspect or even a person of interest. If he truly wasn't either, then why are they even bothering to inform his lawyers about the development? Technically, if the police actually had "ruled" him out, then they have no business telling his legal team anything about the case, period. The cops should have sent Gideon and his lawyers on their way already - the "safe to come out" development Gideon originally had been waiting for, so he could dump Corrine and win Eva back.

Some sort of cat and mouse game is still going on. Cop's daughter that she is, Eva's gut is telling her, "I had the horrible feeling they were just trying to shake Gideon up. Shake me up. It that was the goal, it was working. At least on me." (page 157).

The fun part of the chapter was the practically full-blown phone sex about the DB9. 

"Your lack of respect for this vehicle's upholstery is appalling" (page 163) is the funniest line since the infamous B.O.B. phone conversation in Bared to You (pages 51-52). In fact, I was reminded of that conversation, the first time Gideon and Eva ever spoke on the phone, and her sassy line, "You definitely have the voice for phone sex, but I've got to go. I have a date with my v.i.b.r.a.t.o.r. .... and Gideon's response "What will it take to talk you into a threesome with B.O.B.?"

Good morning to the ladies in the States and tomorrow morning to our new addition from Australia. Does this mean she will be on chapter 12? Lol

I loved this chapter, because Gideon knowing Eva's father is coming back to New York to see his daughter over her abuse, takes on a whole different attitude, than we normally see him.

Trying to put Eva at ease when she drives his car(A DB9)in New York for the first time. Trying to instill confidence in her for when her dad arrives. This confidence evaporates when she gets to the airport and sees Victor.

She is very hesitant at getting behind the wheel of the car. Gideon is watching her through hidden CCTV, ringing her, he encourages her to climb in.

He comes out with a lot of one liners that made me chuckle,

1. "I'd love to spread you across the hood and f*ck you real slow. Push my c*** deep inside you. Give those shocks a workout "

2. "Remind me, which one of us has the transportation fetish"

3 . Your lack of respect for this vehicles upholstery is appalling"

4. "You'll never lose me, angel. Wherever you go, however far, I'll be right here with you"

5. I'd stop the world from spinning for you."

The humour in Gideon in this chapter was eye opening. His character has grown since being back with Eva. He is more at ease with himself, opening up to Eva is taking him in the right direction, to him being healed.

One of the hottest lines yet in the series for me had been the "I'd love to spread you across the hood and f*** you real slow. Push my c*** deep inside you. Give those shocks a workout." (page 163)

I hope he actually does it in Book 4 or 5, and she reciprocates with her promise of blowing him while he's driving. It's be right up there with the sex swing scene Sylvia has suggested is coming (pun intended!)

The fun part of the chapter was the practically full-blown phone sex about the DB9. 

"Your lack of respect for this vehicle's upholstery is appalling" (page 163) is the funniest line since the infamous B.O.B. phone conversation in Bared to You (pages 51-52). In fact, I was reminded of that conversation, the first time Gideon and Eva ever spoke on the phone, and her sassy line, "You definitely have the voice for phone sex, but I've got to go. I have a date with my v.i.b.r.a.t.o.r. .... and Gideon's response "What will it take to talk you into a threesome with B.O.B.?"

I love this part also :)