Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chapter-nine.jpg

OK, chapter-per-day spoiler discussion has reach Chapter 9. Everything in this chapter plus any and everything that came before it is fair game. The goal is to avoid jumping ahead to anything in Chapter 10 and beyond. That way, a fan still in the middle of reading the book can jump in early without having later plot twists and especially the ending of the book "spoiled". They system has been working almost perfectly this week ;) ;) !!!!

Sylvia loves to know which quotes fans like best. So everyone is encouraged to pick them -- pick as many as they want.

As for this particular chapter, with one of the hottest sex scenes EVAH thus far ... well ... picking favorite quotes should be -- um -- fun, to say the least.

Hi Rogue, 

I get it now.  Thanks for clarifying that for me.  :)

Hi Rogue, 

I get it now.  Thanks for clarifying that for me.  :)

I'm thinking that at the time Corrine was 'dating' and engaged to Gideon, he wasn't fooling around with any other women.  I think he stated that she was his 1st real 'normal' sexual relationship.  After the end of the engagement, he started this pattern of one-night stands with random women thinking he would never be able to have a successful relationship or marriage due to his nightmares.  Not until Eva had he even spent the entire night with anyone.  As he has stated on a couple of occasions he had dreamed of a woman like Eva but never thought he would find one.  

Taking all that into considertion there is no way that Corrine knows him at all whereas Magdalena has been around him all these years and knows his history with other women.  

I'm thinking that at the time Corrine was 'dating' and engaged to Gideon, he wasn't fooling around with any other women.  I think he stated that she was his 1st real 'normal' sexual relationship.  After the end of the engagement, he started this pattern of one-night stands with random women thinking he would never be able to have a successful relationship or marriage due to his nightmares.  Not until Eva had he even spent the entire night with anyone.  As he has stated on a couple of occasions he had dreamed of a woman like Eva but never thought he would find one.  

Taking all that into considertion there is no way that Corrine knows him at all whereas Magdalena has been around him all these years and knows his history with other women.

Yes and here in lies the difference Magdalene knows Gideon's history and also was a childhood friend, and Corinne knew Gideon sexually but not his history...and then Eva comes along and knows him sexually and his history in a matter of weeks ... No wonder Gideon is desperate in his attempts to CAPTURE his ANGEL and for everyone to know she is his ....she was that lightning in the dark that he was waiting his whole life for...

Hi Everyone,

After reading chapter 8 I wondered how Ian Hager knew that it was Gideon who punched him in the face.  During the first book, Ian was described as being out of it; his pupils were dilated and his affect was creepy yet flat.  How did Ian put two and two together?

We on the forum all seem to think Tat(Tatiana) tattled !! :). :)

good thinking, I would not have thought that way :)

Yes and here in lies the difference Magdalene knows Gideon's history and also was a childhood friend, and Corinne knew Gideon sexually but not his history...and then Eva comes along and knows him sexually and his history in a matter of weeks ... No wonder Gideon is desperate in his attempts to CAPTURE his ANGEL and for everyone to know she is his ....she was that lightning in the dark that he was waiting his whole life for...

what a lovely way of putting this :)

Morning Everyone, just lying back here watching my lovely Eva getting ready for bed ~wink wink~ :D

5487190659_dd6c360286.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

what a pity my name's not Eva!!!

Even within the context of the three-year-relationship with Corrine, all it really was sexually was one long string of the same thing he was doing for one night or maybe a few nights with random partners -- f****** in the hotel room. About the only difference, I think was that after they were done, Gideon was the one who left, citing the "early class the next morning" excuse. Later, Gideon probably was the one asking the women to leave once he was done -- most certainly, he did so with Deanna.

Magdalene has had a deeper connection with Gideon -- they have been friends a long time. Still are, as evidenced by Magdalene visiting Gideon in his office a little earlier in the book, in order to talk to him about Deanna sniffing around her (Magdalene) as part of Deanna trying to drum up allies in the "Dumped By Gideon Cross Sisterhood."

Corrine is no friend. All along, she was using the "friendship" as a cover to "stalk" Gideon -- first by phone and then in person. Corrine wants what Corrine wants -- Gideon for herself. Magdalene wants what Gideon wants -- happiness. She'd have liked to have made Gideon happy herself; God knows she tried. But once she figured out she couldn't, she gave up.

Now that she's figured Eva actually DOES make Gideon happy (Maggie knows him enough to know he was happy around Eva and has been miserable lately with Corrine) Maggie is definitely on Team Eva. Because really, Maggie is on Team Gideon. 

Hey, I just cracked the 2,000-post mark. So like Julie before me, I'm required to pick up the tab for dinner at Tableau One.

I'll put in our group reservation with Arnoldo. Plus I'll arrange for us to get in the VIP line for Primal afterward, where we can all toss back cranberry-and-Kingsman, do tequila shots, then go dirty dancing up on the skywalk.

Raul has agreed to be my date again. The last time we all went out to Tableau One, I did get to ride in the DB9 but didn't get the chance to give the shocks a workout. Maybe Raul was worried about the car's upholstery. I wonder, though, if I might have better luck "getting lucky" in that office up there on the skywalk level.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey, I just cracked the 2,000-post mark. So like Julie before me, I'm required to pick up the tab for dinner at Tableau One.

I'll put in our group reservation with Arnoldo. Plus I'll arrange for us to get in the VIP line for Primal afterward, where we can all toss back cranberry-and-Kingsman, do tequila shots, then go dirty dancing up on the skywalk.

Raul has agreed to be my date again. The last time we all went out to Tableau One, I did get to ride in the DB9 but didn't get the chance to give the shocks a workout. Maybe Raul was worried about the car's upholstery. I wonder, though, if I might have better luck "getting lucky" in that office up there on the skywalk level.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Congratulations LN

Welcome to the club! (Punny)Primal :D

Crow pie is off the menu tonight, but s'mores are on!! The s'more the merrier. Lol

If the DB9 is in for servicing(pun intended) there's always the limo!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Congrats LN!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Congrats LN!!

I'm in for dinner.

Henry is in town and he said he'd go with me, but he wants Gabri to go as well-so we're off to Italy to fetch her!