Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

Good morning from warm, sunny Italy!!!

My favourite line in Chap. 6 is Gedeon's:

"You can refrain from grinning like the Cheshire cat."

I really loved the moment Eva begins to deal with Gedeon's "darkest spots"

She's so sweet and caring, and only willing to please him in any way he needs her to.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter five was great.  But Gideon is a contradiction in terms.  When Eva was explaining the towels as a gift to him she said "me all hot and sweaty and desparate for you"  "ummm a fantasy I indulge in often"  then she said "do you think about me when you get yourself off?  he replied " I don't mas***te".  then later he said, "before you"  I stroked off every time  I took a shower, it was as much a part of my ritual as washing my hair" Pg 55.  Now aren't these two things the same?  if that is not mas****ting I don't know what is.   then she fusses at him for making her look like a sex maniac and my favorite quote  "If you don't like it, grow a gut or stop showering or something"  "or just say not, Gideon".

BTW  Gideon didn't use "elizabeth's* ring for Corrine's engagement ring, he went to a store and bought the first one she saw. 

any comments?

I was just making the observation that Gideon says one thing and means another.   Like when answering Dr. Peterson about his sex life, then about the not mas***te, then stroking everyday in the shower....contradictions in terms and actions.  Like saying we didn't break up, but then starting "dating" Corine....

Chapter 6 is also great because we see New Eva beginning to deal with Same Old Monica.

At last!!!! :D

Gideon really has some weird concepts of what constitutes sexual activity

1. He took women to the f*** pad on average twice a week, but as long as he stuck to using toys on them instead of using his "tool" it didn't count as sex. Um, Gideon -- all those women counted.
  2. He admitted to bleeding off his libido by stroking off in the shower each morning, but that doesn't count as mast******? So what exactly did count as the M-word?

I think I can understand his odd standard regarding # 2 as having to do with his deep trauma issues. Not to say the guy's name yet -- because we're only on chapter 5 and his identify comes up later .... but from what Gideon had told Eva during their car-ride talk the day before Reflected ended, the abuser used mast******* as his opening gambit for manipulating Gideon, telling the kid hormones were to blame for the anger, and mast****** would fix the problem. Then he convinced Gideon that he was doing it "wrong" and so the abuser showed him the "right" way. It's how the hand jobs started.

I wonder whether #1 also has to do with the trauma issues. Gideon's abuser, he explained in Reflected, forced him to come every single time, the guy's way of manipulating his child victim into thinking he (Gideon) "wanted" it. So perhaps Gideon, when he began engaging in consensual activity as an adult, decided that if he didn't "come" with the woman, the encounter didn't count as sex.

What I loved about the love Gideon and Eva made in this chapter is that Eva set a role-playing situation that gave Gideon the experience of what an ordinary young guy would have: new woman he's seeing, has her over to his place for the first time, wondering whether it's the night they'll have sex for the first time -- how far will he get to go that first time (i.e. is he going to get really lucky by getting laid, or will they stick to kissing/petting that first time.) It's the sort of thing Gideon ought to have experienced, had life not damaged his sexual psyche and had he not ended up some hot celebrity billionaire who had women throwing themselves at him. 

I think that Gideon was talking about now..saying he doesn't mast*** since he's been with Eva. Explaining that before her, thats how he got off. Now he saves it all for her!

"I'll do anything for you. There are no limits in our bed. No memories. Just us. You and me. And love. I love you so much." Eva now wants to erase Hugh's touch and replace it with good memories. "I own your pleasure," I whispered into his mouth. "I'll take it if you won't give it to me"

He growled, his head falling back. "Make me come."

"Any way you want," I vowed.

"I'll do anything for you. There are no limits in our bed. No memories. Just us. You and me. And love. I love you so much." Eva now wants to erase Hugh's touch and replace it with good memories. "I own your pleasure," I whispered into his mouth. "I'll take it if you won't give it to me"

Love Love Love this...!!

[LN Cronan, thank you *hugs* It worked! I did it!! *happy dance*]

Hi, ladies

I'm still on #TeamDelayedGratification *wink* I've been stalking the spoiler threads and really can't wait to revisit and revise the complete four charts of my Crossword-Sudoku-Puzzle Combo theory. I'm afraid we have to be patient for the guy at the bookstore's asking for my understanding that sometimes it's gonna take a while to get the book.

Just to keep me connected with this forum, I've made something Crossfiristic that I'd like to share with all of you. I was inspired by one of my favorite book blogs [sylvia RT-ed the book blog, btw]. The blogger has created awesome pic quotes, but mine's rather personal *wink*

So, here's Crossfiristic #1 for you amazing ladies:

"The Song"   Photographed and created by Andie    June 2013     Posted on sylviaday(dot)net

PS: That's my guitar. No, I'm not a musician. I only play several random notes to produce some audible-ish sounds *LOL* I've been wondering about the melody of the song and Brett's intonation in saying "Eva" The voice of fallen angel... Hmmm... [yep, I previously planned to post this for Chapter 4, but luckily LN Cronan just taught me the how-to]

Ah, well. I have the pic in my Reply box, but it doesn't show up in my posting. HAHA! I think it only works for text. Thank you, LN Cronan. I'll use your tips for my charts. Now I know how to copy paste the charts from Word document.

Hi Andy

I am going to reply to you to see the picture LOL, hopefully I will see it.

:)

Hi, ladies

I'm still on #TeamDelayedGratification *wink* I've been stalking the spoiler threads and really can't wait to revisit and revise the complete four charts of my Crossword-Sudoku-Puzzle Combo theory. I'm afraid we have to be patient for the guy at the bookstore's asking for my understanding that sometimes it's gonna take a while to get the book.

Just to keep me connected with this forum, I've made something Crossfiristic that I'd like to share with all of you. I was inspired by one of my favorite book blogs [sylvia RT-ed the book blog, btw]. The blogger has created awesome pic quotes, but mine's rather personal *wink*

"The Song"   Photographed and created by Andie    June 2013     Posted on sylviaday(dot)net

PS: That's my guitar. No, I'm not a musician. I only play several random notes to produce some audible-ish sounds *LOL* I've been wondering about the melody of the song and Brett's intonation in saying "Eva" The voice of fallen angel... Hmmm... [yep, I previously planned to post this for Chapter 4, but luckily LN Cronan just taught me the how-to]

Ah, well. I have the pic in my Reply box, but it doesn't show up in my posting. HAHA! I think it only works for text. Thank you, LN Cronan. I'll use your tips for my charts. Now I know how to copy paste the charts from Word document.

no nothing came up Andie sorry 

Good morning from warm, sunny Italy!!!

My favourite line in Chap. 6 is Gedeon's:

"You can refrain from grinning like the Cheshire cat."

I really loved the moment Eva begins to deal with Gedeon's "darkest spots"

She's so sweet and caring, and only willing to please him in any way he needs her to.

that is a good one also

this i felt was so touching :)

Gideon is a self professed Dominant. But he admits that with most women he took the f.uck pad he only got them off using toys etc. (Now usually the defintion of a Dominant is person who dominants sexual situations to ensure they recieve their pleasure on their terms) Many dominants use humiliation and degradation as part of their sexual fanasties. And Gideon did degrade and humiliate after the fact by turning "iceman" on the women he had relations with.

Now with all of that said. Yes, Gideon is a dominant but not in the traditional sense of the term. Gideon pleasured himself to remain in control because he lost that control due to his abuser. He stated that his abuser made him come everytime so he could say Gideon liked it. So Gideon wanted only to make the women come so he could say he didn't lose control of himself and while remaining in control of them. Because when you are about to have an o.rgasm you do kinda lose your mind and control. But with Eva even though he's the dominant person in the bed he is not Dominant because he does allow himself to lose control and enjoy her.

You're right!!

just like Gedeon made Eva clean from Nathan's touch in that enthralling shower scene in RIY.

They truly reflect one another!!!

At last.

"Don't" I lifted my hands, then dropped them. "Just don't. I'm going to leave now, because I'm so pi+sed off I can't even look at you. And I don't want to hear from you, unless its with a sincere apology. Until you admit your wrong, I can't trust you not to do it again."

You go girl! Letting Monica have it with both barrels.

Hi, ladies

Sorry, I can't see any pick.

At last.

"Don't" I lifted my hands, then dropped them. "Just don't. I'm going to leave now, because I'm so pi+sed off I can't even look at you. And I don't want to hear from you, unless its with a sincere apology. Until you admit your wrong, I can't trust you not to do it again."

Hi Julie,

While reading that scene I was hardly breathing,, then a liberating "Yessssss!!!!!!" escaped me,  followed by such a profund anguish at the sight of Eva crying on Gedeon's couch....

What an emotional whiplash!!!

I don't need to say this is why I love this book so much, do I?

Hi Julie,

While reading that scene I was hardly breathing,, then a liberating "Yessssss!!!!!!" escaped me,  followed by such a profund anguish at the sight of Eva crying on Gedeon's couch....

What an emotional whiplash!!!

I don't need to say this is why I love this book so much, do I?

Hello my little friend

I know what you mean. This woman has used Eva's guilt against her. It's always woe is me, where Monica is concerned. And Stanton lets her, as does Eva too.

Eva must feel everyone wants a piece of her. Poor girl.

Hello my little friend

I know what you mean. This woman has used Eva's guilt against her. It's always woe is me, where Monica is concerned. And Stanton lets her, as does Eva too.

Eva must feel everyone wants a piece of her. Poor girl.

Monica got what she deserved. I felt so bad for Eva though. Girl can't live her life in peace like an adult. Smh

At last.

and she could have said a whole lot more to her too

Various thoughts on Chapter 6 -- one I especially enjoyed

Eva trying more sexual healing of Gideon

• In Chapter 5, through role play she gave Gideon a taste of what it would be like to be a regular 20-something guy having a new girlfriend over to his place for the very first time -- just how lucky will he get? How far will she let him go the first time she visits his apartment?
  • In Chapter 6, she tried with Gideon a very similar tactic he used with her way back in early Reflected in You, when she had one of her Nathan rape nightmares. Asking him to help "wash it away" they had a sexual encounter in her shower, with him being extra cautious to avoid triggering her. Here in the bathtub scene in Entwined, the roles are reversed with her "washing it away" and being extra cautious in what she's doing to him sexually.

New Magdalene

• It's clear that when Magdalene went to see Gideon over Deanna sniffing around, Magdalene expressed worries to Gideon that Deanna might be sniffing around Eva too. Gideon told Maggie to steer clear of Eva, but New Magdalene went right downstairs to talk to Eva anyway. Because Maggie all along has been on Team Gideon and has got his back -- she wasn't going to take his Control Freak Caveman I-Got-This for a final answer.
  • It's obvious, too, that Maggie plied Gideon for information on What's-The-Deal-With-Corrine? Maybe word there was trouble in Corrine Paradise already got back to Magdalene? Sure enough, Gideon revealed to Maggie that he'd already "dumped" Corrine - he'd told Corrine ... it's best if they remain long-distance friends, rather than social ones." (page 82)
  • Here's where I wanted to pump a fist in the air and say "Yes, I like Magdalene after all!!!" Because Maggie went straight to Eva with that hot piece of gossip. If Magdalene truly were out for herself, she'd have decided "Eva's history, now Corrine is history -- here's my shot."
  • It's obvious Maggie has figured out Gideon does love Eva -- and because Maggie genuinely cares for Gideon's happiness, she's willing to see him with Eva. So to help get them back together, Maggie slipped key gossip to Eva about Corrine -- did so in a way that was getting Gideon off whatever hook he might be on as far as Eva goes.

Spy stuff

• Monica secretly planted a tracking device bug in a cosmetic container Eva was sure to carry around in a purse
  • Gideon openly is tracking Eva via the burner phone she is sure to carry around in her purse
  • When Gideon had Raul set up the apartment next door to Eva's, high tech jamming devices were included to prevent the place from successfully being bugged.
  • How much you want to bet that the same Wednesday that Raul was setting up Gideon's apartment (while Eva was at work and Cary was hours from being sent home from the hospital) Gideon had Raul install listening bugs, maybe even hidden cameras, in Eva's apartment. The opportunity would have presented itself when the home medical equipment for Cary was brought in.
  • The reason Gideon positioned himself next door to Eva that week was so that he could get to her quickly if Nathan suddenly showed up anywhere near her apartment. Why wouldn't Gideon take the precaution of being able to hear and see what was going on next door -- in case of emergency? Sure, technically Nathan would have to get past the doorman and downstairs desk -- but what if the sicko managed to sneak in?
  • So the question is -- if Gideon bugged Eva's place, how long did he keep the bugs active after Nathan was dead? Did he check them still -- now because it was the only way he could see/hear her, check up on how hard of a time she was having .... make sure she wasn't bringing guys home (Martin Stanton, and of course, Brett Kline)?

Standing up to Monica

• I loved it that New Eva, who has been demanding straight answers from Gideon, now is demanding straight answers from Monica too.
  • I think it was huge progress, too, for Eva to walk away from her mother, who was trying her old tactic of throwing an emotional fit to make Eva back down. Eva was having nothing of it -- she was furious, and she wasn't going to let Monica cry her way out of it this time.
  • I saw it too as a sign Eva really does finally feel she no longer has to look over her shoulder anymore, no longer has to worry about Nathan coming after her. So she no longer has to endure Monica's over-reactions and serious stunts regarding her (Eva's) physical security.

Various thoughts on Chapter 6 -- one I especially enjoyed

Eva trying more sexual healing of Gideon

• In Chapter 5, through role play she gave Gideon a taste of what it would be like to be a regular 20-something guy having a new girlfriend over to his place for the very first time -- just how lucky will he get? How far will she let him go the first time she visits his apartment?
  • In Chapter 6, she tried with Gideon a very similar tactic he used with her way back in early Reflected in You, when she had one of her Nathan rape nightmares. Asking him to help "wash it away" they had a sexual encounter in her shower, with him being extra cautious to avoid triggering her. Here in the bathtub scene in Entwined, the roles are reversed with her "washing it away" and being extra cautious in what she's doing to him sexually.

New Magdalene

• It's clear that when Magdalene went to see Gideon over Deanna sniffing around, Magdalene expressed worries to Gideon that Deanna might be sniffing around Eva too. Gideon told Maggie to steer clear of Eva, but New Magdalene went right downstairs to talk to Eva anyway. Because Maggie all along has been on Team Gideon and has got his back -- she wasn't going to take his Control Freak Caveman I-Got-This for a final answer.
  • It's obvious, too, that Maggie plied Gideon for information on What's-The-Deal-With-Corrine? Maybe word there was trouble in Corrine Paradise already got back to Magdalene? Sure enough, Gideon revealed to Maggie that he'd already "dumped" Corrine - he'd told Corrine ... it's best if they remain long-distance friends, rather than social ones." (page 82)
  • Here's where I wanted to pump a fist in the air and say "Yes, I like Magdalene after all!!!" Because Maggie went straight to Eva with that hot piece of gossip. If Magdalene truly were out for herself, she'd have decided "Eva's history, now Corrine is history -- here's my shot."
  • It's obvious Maggie has figured out Gideon does love Eva -- and because Maggie genuinely cares for Gideon's happiness, she's willing to see him with Eva. So to help get them back together, Maggie slipped key gossip to Eva about Corrine -- did so in a way that was getting Gideon off whatever hook he might be on as far as Eva goes.

Spy stuff

• Monica secretly planted a tracking device bug in a cosmetic container Eva was sure to carry around in a purse
  • Gideon openly is tracking Eva via the burner phone she is sure to carry around in her purse
  • When Gideon had Raul set up the apartment next door to Eva's, high tech jamming devices were included to prevent the place from successfully being bugged.
  • How much you want to bet that the same Wednesday that Raul was setting up Gideon's apartment (while Eva was at work and Cary was hours from being sent home from the hospital) Gideon had Raul install listening bugs, maybe even hidden cameras, in Eva's apartment. The opportunity would have presented itself when the home medical equipment for Cary was brought in.
  • The reason Gideon positioned himself next door to Eva that week was so that he could get to her quickly if Nathan suddenly showed up anywhere near her apartment. Why wouldn't Gideon take the precaution of being able to hear and see what was going on next door -- in case of emergency? Sure, technically Nathan would have to get past the doorman and downstairs desk -- but what if the sicko managed to sneak in?
  • So the question is -- if Gideon bugged Eva's place, how long did he keep the bugs active after Nathan was dead? Did he check them still -- now because it was the only way he could see/hear her, check up on how hard of a time she was having .... make sure she wasn't bringing guys home (Martin Stanton, and of course, Brett Kline)?

Standing up to Monica

• I loved it that New Eva, who has been demanding straight answers from Gideon, now is demanding straight answers from Monica too.
  • I think it was huge progress, too, for Eva to walk away from her mother, who was trying her old tactic of throwing an emotional fit to make Eva back down. Eva was having nothing of it -- she was furious, and she wasn't going to let Monica cry her way out of it this time.
  • I saw it too as a sign Eva really does finally feel she no longer has to look over her shoulder anymore, no longer has to worry about Nathan coming after her. So she no longer has to endure Monica's over-reactions and serious stunts regarding her (Eva's) physical security.
Now you got me thinking. Bugging Eva's place. Mr Control Freak knows no bounds.

James Bond, got the car, now the gadgets! Lol

Favorite quote from Chapter 6 is what Eva had inscribed on the card that accompanied the flowers she sent Gideon:

"You've got me under your spell. I'm still thinking about you." (page 78)

BECAUSE .... She called up Angus, told him to arrange for the flower delivery, and told Angus -- Angus -- what to write on the card!!! So in a way it was sweet that she was making Angus happy too -- making Angus happy knowing that she and Gideon had reconciled.

Poor Angus had been caught in the middle for so many weeks: assigned to guard Eva and yet facing her flat-out refusal to accept rides from him. She was mad as h e l l at his boss, but poor Angus was the one who had to see her unhappy day in and day out.

I wonder whether Angus was worried Eva was mad at him too. Mad for him and Arnoldo dragging her off the night of the concert. Maybe even mad for that day Angus gave Corrine a ride. Because the first time Eva flatly refused a ride from Angus was after work the day of the nooner stunt.

I've got this fantasy image of Angus practically skipping to the florist's shop in Chapter 6.

Favorite quote from Chapter 6 is what Eva had inscribed on the card that accompanied the flowers she sent Gideon:

"You've got me under your spell. I'm still thinking about you." (page 78)

BECAUSE .... She called up Angus, told him to arrange for the flower delivery, and told Angus -- Angus -- what to write on the card!!! So in a way it was sweet that she was making Angus happy too -- making Angus happy knowing that she and Gideon had reconciled.

Poor Angus had been caught in the middle for so many weeks: assigned to guard Eva and yet facing her flat-out refusal to accept rides from him. She was mad as h e l l at his boss, but poor Angus was the one who had to see her unhappy day in and day out.

I wonder whether Angus was worried Eva was mad at him too. Mad for him and Arnoldo dragging her off the night of the concert. Maybe even mad for that day Angus gave Corrine a ride. Because the first time Eva flatly refused a ride from Angus was after work the day of the nooner stunt.

I've got this fantasy image of Angus practically skipping to the florist's shop in Chapter 6.

Skipping with his gun in his holster! What an image I'm having here.:)

Gedeon and I are calling an early night tonight .

Good night ladies!!!!!

Sweet Henry/Gedeon dreams!