Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

I know doesn't it seem a bit odd that Angus has the burner phone, i know it would mean Gideon could not be caught with it but surely Angus is not sitting with Gideon all day with the phone or running up and down with it and what if Eva sent Gideon a really steamy text what would Angus think of that LOL :)

Hahaha. Your so funny!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this chapter because Eva wants total control over Gideon. Just wanting him to enjoy himself, letting himself go, so she can watch him fall apart when he has an org*sm, which is what he normally does to her.

He asks her to make him understand why she needs this.

"I love those moments after you've seen to me and your chasing your own org*sm. when your rhythm and focus changes, and you get ferocious. I know your thinking about how good it feels and how hot you are and how hard your going to come. It makes me feel so good to get you that worked up. I want a whole night of feeling like that.

He agrees to the night, with the stipulation that he gets the next entire weekend. Phew!

I love this chapter because Eva wants total control over Gideon. Just wanting him to enjoy himself, letting himself go, so she can watch him fall apart when he has an org*sm, which is what he normally does to her.

He asks her to make him understand why she needs this.

"I love those moments after you've seen to me and your chasing your own org*sm. when your rhythm and focus changes, and you get ferocious. I know your thinking about how good it feels and how hot you are and how hard your going to come. It makes me feel so good to get you that worked up. I want a whole night of feeling like that.

He agrees to the night, with the stipulation that he gets the next entire weekend. Phew!

yes I know what you mean here :)

In hindsight, I wonder just how far back in the story Magdalene first starting making amends to Gideon for having been such a b**** to Gideon's new girlfriend -- and who all along was keeping Gideon's best interests in mind?

Timeline:

• Saturday night: Gideon and Eva's first date, the advocacy center event, where Magdalene was there too. When Magdalene got her first look at Eva, Gideon already was on his head trip and being a cold jerk. Magdalene guessed correctly he'd already f***** Eva. Think about his long history of immediately throwing sex partners onto the reject pile coupled with how he was treating Eva at the event itself. The man even ditched Eva to leave early by himself. That was bad. What else was Magdalene going to assume, but that he was done with Eva and was already trying to avoid Eva. So Magdalene attacked Eva. Sure, part of the motive was obviously Maggie being mad that Eva and not herself got to be Gideon's date that night. But what if Magdalene also was doing her friend Gideon a service by trying to run off Eva so that Eva didn't start stalking Gideon at social gatherings like Anne Lucas had done?
  • Monday lunchtime: Gideon convinced Eva to become his full-fledged girlfriend. During lunch, Eva told him exactly what Maggie had snarked to her. Gideon immediately chilled (sign of him getting mad) and promised he'd take care of Maggie. It's safe to assume he called Maggie that afternoon, and given how scared he was about his ability to hold onto Eva, probably chewed Maggie out.
  • Tuesday dinnertime: Gideon went to a business dinner alone while Eva kept her promise to have a pizza night with Cary and Cary's new boyfriend, Trey. Maggie ran into him at the restaurant and they talked outside afterward -- him about Eva, and Maggie looking pleased (Happy for him? Having already apologized to him on Monday and had her apology accepted?) Some paparazzi got a shot of them together on the sidewalk, though, looking friendly and the next day, there was gossip speculation about an Eva-Gideon-Maggie love triangle.
  • Wednesday lunchtime: Eva was furious he'd talked to Maggie, the woman who had been so mean to her. Meanwhile, he was paranoid about the gossip speculation of a Gideon-Eva-Cary love triangle. This is when Gideon and Eva fought in public near Bryant Park, a fight caught on video and in pictures. So that too fueled the fire.
  • Thursday daytime: Maggie made her failed attempt to see Eva, showing up unannounced at Eva's office. Eva arranged for someone on Gideon's staff to fetch Maggie instead, and Megumi reported Maggie was furious about it. What if Maggie's real purpose had been to get Gideon off the hook about that picture of her (Maggie) and him on Tuesday night? Or what if Maggie was worried about Eva upsetting Gideon so much on Wednesday that he actually dropped his public mask and argued with a woman in public? Coincidentally, this particular Thursday was the day on which Gideon sent Eva the Dear Jane note, but there's no way Maggie would have known about it.
  • Sunday daytime: The garden party at the Vidal estate. Maggie, longtime friend of the Vidals, was there. Eva showed up without Gideon. Then Gideon remarkably showed up, completely of character, and immediately started fighting with Eva, literally dragging her off. Maggie hoping they'd already broken up and Gideon was mad that Eva was pulling stalker stuff? But then Maggie walked in on that HAWT make-up sex in the library. And ended up weeping to Creepy Christopher that she believed Gideon was in love with Eva.
  • Fast forward to the fundraiser Corrine crashed: Maggie immediately latched onto Eva. Was Maggie possibly trying to head off a public scene between Eva and Gideon, like Bryant Park? And when Maggie found out how clueless Eva was about Corrine, decided to forewarn Eva. Maggie was a witness to the first conversation between Eva and Corrine, the one in which Corrine already was playing mindgames. Then during dinner, Maggie sat one table over in order to eavesdrop on the entire drama unfolding at Gideon's table.
  • Next morning: Maggie phoned Eva at work to get Gideon off the hook for his having been stupid enough to let Corrine monopolize him at dinner the night before. So Maggie was protecting Gideon. All along, he'd been trying to head off Corrine messing with Eva. Maggie also reinforced the fact that Gideon truly has been treating Eva differently than any other woman in all the long years Maggie has known Gideon. Yet more amends by Maggie for having treated Eva so badly the first time they met?

I don't think Magdalene fully accepted Gideon was in love with Eva and she didn't have a chance with him and it was time to move on until she walked in on them in the library. She might have realised something was different about this relationship before that, but I think it was at that point she decided it was time to move on.

Another motivator for her during the following week was Corinne's return, but if you think about it, Magdalene had already cut her hair before she knew Corinne was back. She'd decided it was time for a new look and a new start.

Later, during the dinner she realised that the fact that Corinne was back was irrelevant, Eva was the one Gideon wanted. She also realised that she had a chance to make amends with Eva for the first time they'd met by telling her Corinne's game plan the night before.

I don't think Magdalene fully accepted Gideon was in love with Eva and she didn't have a chance with him and it was time to move on until she walked in on them in the library. She might have realised something was different about this relationship before that, but I think it was at that point she decided it was time to move on.

Another motivator for her during the following week was Corinne's return, but if you think about it, Magdalene had already cut her hair before she knew Corinne was back. She'd decided it was time for a new look and a new start.

Later, during the dinner she realised that the fact that Corinne was back was irrelevant, Eva was the one Gideon wanted. She also realised that she had a chance to make amends with Eva for the first time they'd met by telling her Corinne's game plan the night before.[/quote

Magdalene cut her hair after Corinne came back, saying now she(Corinne is back)there's no point in imitating her anymore, because magdalene was convinced Corinne was what Gideon wanted. Wrong!

But Magdalene had her hair cut before the event where Corinne blindsided everyone. I'd be surprised if Magdalene knew she was back before that night as if Corinne wanted to catch Gideon off guard (which she did) telling a close friend of his / rival for his affections, she ran the risk that Magdalene would warn Gideon she was back.

I think Magdalene made the comment about imitating the one who got away as a dig to Eva, as she wasn't at this point sure who Gideon was going to choose - Eva or Corinne.

ame="julie54" post="17082" timestamp="1371060005"]

But Magdalene had her hair cut before the event where Corinne blindsided everyone. I'd be surprised if Magdalene knew she was back before that night as if Corinne wanted to catch Gideon off guard (which she did) telling a close friend of his / rival for his affections, she ran the risk that Magdalene would warn Gideon she was back.

I think Magdalene made the comment about imitating the one who got away as a dig to Eva, as she wasn't at this point sure who Gideon was going to choose - Eva or Corinne.

I apologise, your right about the hair. I was thinking about the first time Eva met Magdalene. :)

It's been a long day!

Hi Peachies,

I liked that too. I just wish she had actually cancelled but I can understand why she didn't (if she was using Brett as a cover of sorts). I don't think I buy that whole Eva and Brett wanting to be friends deal. Given different circumstances, I don't know that Eva would have had further dealings with Brett. He was her past and Gideon is her future. What do you think?

Hi GiGi,

I agree

I took it as he meant " I don't mastar**** anymore" as in since he met Eva he no longer does it. He always says about his sem** that "every drop is hers" which makes me think he regards it as sacred now he is with Eva! He also says the only time he got himself off since he met her was when he was in the shower with her!

Before he met Eva it was just a normal daily function for him but now he views all forms of se.x.u.a.l actIvity as sacred!

Does that make sense?

That is how I read it too

At last.

"Don't" I lifted my hands, then dropped them. "Just don't. I'm going to leave now, because I'm so pi+sed off I can't even look at you. And I don't want to hear from you, unless its with a sincere apology. Until you admit your wrong, I can't trust you not to do it again."

You go girl! Letting Monica have it with both barrels.

I actually loved that scene. Finally Eva felt safe enough to let her mom hear her feelings.

I also loved how she went to their shared apartment to get some space from the rest of the world including her mom.

Various thoughts on Chapter 7

Yet even more sexual healing

• In Chapter 5, Eva started light-heartedly role for Gideon to give him a fantasy situation in which he was just some ordinary 20-something having a woman he'd recently met over to his apartment for the first time. It was an ordinary sort of experience that Gideon had never gotten to experience -- and it was very good for him.
  • In Chapter 6, Eva made a more daring move of trying to get him to experience consensual anal play. Gideon wasn't ready to go there yet, but the way Eva handled things reinforced for him that when it comes to sex, he can trust her.
  • So now in Chapter 7, Eva resorted to some more role playing, this time being the teen-aged fantasy wet-dream. "I want to be your dirtiest fantasy," Eva teased (page 96)

In all three instances, I see a pattern of Eva "starting over" with Gideon, taking him to the ordinary places he ought to have gone as a teen-ager and a young man, and trying to replace one dark place he'd been dragged into as a very young teen (non-consensual anal penetration of some sort) with a light place of adult consensual exploration.

Deanna

• "She can't hurt me unless she hurts you, and it's possible that's what she'd really after," Gideon predicted when Eva became determined to return Deanna's phone message from earlier that evening. (page 101).
  • And look what happened when Eva found out Deanna's real angle of wanting to portray Eva as a victim of an abusive relationship, terrified of a now-ex-boyfriend so insanely jealous he's actually beaten up three men over her. She was willing to make Eva collateral damage in sensational stories about Gideon Cross.
  • Meanwhile, had already figured out from the get-go it was a personal sexual grudge Deanna was holding against Gideon.
  • Eva knew from personal experience  Gideon "... could be as much of a d*** as any guy ..." (page 91). She figured out he must have left Deanna feeling the same way he'd left Eva herself feeling immediately after he had sex with Eva for the first time -- he left Eva " ... feeling used and worthless." (also page 91). Only when she got on the phone with Deanna, though, did Eva find out just how horribly he had treated Deanna and how bad she'd felt afterward, " ... like a wh***, only I didn't get paid." (page 103)

So I see a pattern about both of them being right in the gut feelings they have about Deanna. I found it interesting, too, that Eva felt bad for Deanna getting used, given that Eva didn't feel bad about Corrine getting used in a far more serious way. Maybe because in a way, Corrine asked for it while Deanna didn't. Because both women were playing dirty with Eva. But with Corrine, it had been personal.

The Girouxs

• Gideon swears that every word that comes out of his mouth is true, so I'm taking at face value his statement he'd already had his eye on Jean-Francois Giroux's winery before Friday of the week he cut off Corrine and got back with Eva.
  • But how long had this been? My own theory: as soon as he started using Corrine, he'd already been thinking two and three steps ahead to the day when it would be safe to beg Eva to come back to him and to edge Corrine out of the picture all the way back to France. Going into business with JFG would send a clear message to both women. Because why would the men enter a business relationship if JFG was being cuckolded by Gideon carrying on an affair with JFG's estranged wife?
  • I think that when the black roses from Eva arrived in his office, Gideon took that as a sign he should push hard that day to make the deal actually happen -- and -- to actually talk to JFG for the first time about what was (and was NOT) the deal with Corrine.

Telling Eva about the deal later that night over dinner was, I think, Gideon's way of trying to prove by his actions he really was nipping Corrine's romance hopes in the bud (pun intended -- get it, Black Rose). Eva needed some sort of action as reassurance. Because Thursday morning, the morning after their reuniting, she begged Gideon "No more Corrine. I can't stand it." (page 32). He told Eva he'd already cut Corrine off. Yet Thursday night, Eva indirectly brought up Corrine again. By getting Gideon to promise he'd call on Ireland if he needed a woman to accompany him somewhere social/business related, Eva was trying to make certain Gideon would not ever again resort to using Corrine for social appearances. 

Various thoughts on Chapter 7

Yet even more sexual healing

• In Chapter 5, Eva started light-heartedly role for Gideon to give him a fantasy situation in which he was just some ordinary 20-something having a woman he'd recently met over to his apartment for the first time. It was an ordinary sort of experience that Gideon had never gotten to experience -- and it was very good for him.
  • In Chapter 6, Eva made a more daring move of trying to get him to experience consensual anal play. Gideon wasn't ready to go there yet, but the way Eva handled things reinforced for him that when it comes to sex, he can trust her.
  • So now in Chapter 7, Eva resorted to some more role playing, this time being the teen-aged fantasy wet-dream. "I want to be your dirtiest fantasy," Eva teased (page 96)
In all three instances, I see a pattern of Eva "starting over" with Gideon, taking him to the ordinary places he ought to have gone as a teen-ager and a young man, and trying to replace one dark place he'd been dragged into as a very young teen (non-consensual anal penetration of some sort) with a light place of adult consensual exploration.

Deanna

• "She can't hurt me unless she hurts you, and it's possible that's what she'd really after," Gideon predicted when Eva became determined to return Deanna's phone message from earlier that evening. (page 101).
  • And look what happened when Eva found out Deanna's real angle of wanting to portray Eva as a victim of an abusive relationship, terrified of a now-ex-boyfriend so insanely jealous he's actually beaten up three men over her. She was willing to make Eva collateral damage in sensational stories about Gideon Cross.
  • Meanwhile, had already figured out from the get-go it was a personal sexual grudge Deanna was holding against Gideon.
  • Eva knew from personal experience  Gideon "... could be as much of a d*** as any guy ..." (page 91). She figured out he must have left Deanna feeling the same way he'd left Eva herself feeling immediately after he had sex with Eva for the first time -- he left Eva " ... feeling used and worthless." (also page 91). Only when she got on the phone with Deanna, though, did Eva find out just how horribly he had treated Deanna and how bad she'd felt afterward, " ... like a wh***, only I didn't get paid." (page 103)
So I see a pattern about both of them being right in the gut feelings they have about Deanna. I found it interesting, too, that Eva felt bad for Deanna getting used, given that Eva didn't feel bad about Corrine getting used in a far more serious way. Maybe because in a way, Corrine asked for it while Deanna didn't. Because both women were playing dirty with Eva. But with Corrine, it had been personal.

The Girouxs

• Gideon swears that every word that comes out of his mouth is true, so I'm taking at face value his statement he'd already had his eye on Jean-Francois Giroux's winery before Friday of the week he cut off Corrine and got back with Eva.
  • But how long had this been? My own theory: as soon as he started using Corrine, he'd already been thinking two and three steps ahead to the day when it would be safe to beg Eva to come back to him and to edge Corrine out of the picture all the way back to France. Going into business with JFG would send a clear message to both women. Because why would the men enter a business relationship if JFG was being cuckolded by Gideon carrying on an affair with JFG's estranged wife?
  • I think that when the black roses from Eva arrived in his office, Gideon took that as a sign he should push hard that day to make the deal actually happen -- and -- to actually talk to JFG for the first time about what was (and was NOT) the deal with Corrine.
Telling Eva about the deal later that night over dinner was, I think, Gideon's way of trying to prove by his actions he really was nipping Corrine's romance hopes in the bud (pun intended -- get it, Black Rose). Eva needed some sort of action as reassurance. Because Thursday morning, the morning after their reuniting, she begged Gideon "No more Corrine. I can't stand it." (page 32). He told Eva he'd already cut Corrine off. Yet Thursday night, Eva indirectly brought up Corrine again. By getting Gideon to promise he'd call on Ireland if he needed a woman to accompany him somewhere social/business related, Eva was trying to make certain Gideon would not ever again resort to using Corrine for social appearances. 

Hmmmm SEXUAL HEALING that was another great song from the 70's!!

Hello everybody

There are so many lines I love in Chapter 7!!

1) "The only way for a woman to get my attention is to be you."

2) "I can't hear your heart racing when I'm grasping for breath. I can't feel you shaking when I'm shaking, too. I can't taste you when my mouth is dry from begging you to finish me off."

3) "There's nothing like a little Gedeon therapy to make things look up."    

"Did I mention I make house calls? Twenty-four-seven."

4) "... my goddess of desire, pleasure, and corny one-liners."

5) "I have your heart and your insanely sexy body. Now I want your brain. I want everything."

6) "She (Deanna) is all over him like a rash."

7) "Shut up, caveman. I'm not into that 'me Cross, you Cross little woman' bulls*it."

Hello everybody

2) "I can't hear your heart racing when I'm grasping for breath. I can't feel you shaking when I'm shaking, too. I can't taste you when my mouth is dry from begging you to finish me off."

5) "I have your heart and your insanely sexy body. Now I want your brain. I want everything."

7) "Shut up, caveman. I'm not into that 'me Cross, you Cross little woman' bulls*it."

Love your number 1 line above ...gotta love Gideon like this...OMG!!

I really loved the quote on page 95, "You've got a weird catalog of movie lines in that gorgeous head of yours, angel."

It was so sweet to see the pair of them having an ordinary sweet and funny evening in their love nest apartment, the second night in a row. After those weeks apart, with Eva crying every night and Gideon probably doing the same thing, then the pair of them crying together on Wednesday night. Thursday, the new hunky neighbor got lucky, and then on Friday, Eva got to -- um -- play with Gideon. They did more laughing in those two evenings than probably in the whole prior month, possibly even including North Carolina.

I really loved the quote on page 95, "You've got a weird catalog of movie lines in that gorgeous head of yours, angel."

It was so sweet to see the pair of them having an ordinary sweet and funny evening in their love nest apartment, the second night in a row. After those weeks apart, with Eva crying every night and Gideon probably doing the same thing, then the pair of them crying together on Wednesday night. Thursday, the new hunky neighbor got lucky, and then on Friday, Eva got to -- um -- play with Gideon. They did more laughing in those two evenings than probably in the whole prior month, possibly even including North Carolina.

That's what I love the most about this book. Those genuine sweet and normal moments that we didn't have much of in the previous two books. Makes Gideon seem normal, like a regular guy in love. It brings such a sense of normalcy to their relationship.

I just loved this book from beginning to end !!! Soooo much romance , Soooooo much laughter, Sooooo much CROSSFIRE!!

I think Magdalene has seen the light finally. I think part of her reason for talking to Eva that day was to warn her about Deanna and gauge how she would handle her.

But I think a large part of it was her trying to make amends with Eva by telling her Corinne was out of the picture.

I think she realises that Gideon wants Eva and will eventually get her, and if she wants to continue her friendship with him she needs to become friends with Eva.

Magdalene has known Gideon a long time and if she truly loves him she wants what is best for him. Because of the length of their friendship she knows he has never been happier than when he is with Eva.

Hi Rogue, 

I agree that Magdalene has been friends with Gideon for a long time and I am sure that she would want the best for Gideon.  I just think that it stick in her craw that Gideon's choice is Eva and not her.

I guess I wonder why Magdalene would think to appoint herself the "conveyor of all information" Corinne?  What I find interesting is that Magdalene has never truly gone out of her way to appologize to Eva for how she treated her in the past.  What would make her think that Eva would want to pursue a friendship with Magdalene?  What do you think?

I just loved this book from beginning to end !!! Soooo much romance , Soooooo much laughter, Sooooo much CROSSFIRE!!

I was just wondering, did you have a chance to write a review for any of the books?  Many of the forum members have suggested this.  I am absolutely sure that your enthusiasm would to WONDERS to lift the spirits of all those who have loved the books thus far and have had to read some seriously sucky reviews.  :) 

Hello everybody

Hi Gabri, 

Those are all great lines! :)

I actually loved that scene. Finally Eva felt safe enough to let her mom hear her feelings.

I also loved how she went to their shared apartment to get some space from the rest of the world including her mom.

Hi Peachies, 

I agree completely!  I almost think that this is the first time that Eva told her mom how she really felt.  Up until then, Eva always tempered her upsets and reactions with her mother.  Being with Gideon has almost given her some confidence and dare I say security (and safety) which is allowing her to grow as a human being. 

I think the main difference between Corinne and Magdalene is that Magdalene knows who Gideon really is. They've been friends for a long time and she knows and loves the real man.

Corinne is in love with a figment of her imagination, whether its because of their sexual relationship or not I don't know. But Corinne doesn't know the true Gideon. She hears what she wants to hear when he speaks, she doesn't understand his true character because if she did she'd have realised a long time ago that he never really loved her.

Corinne has been married for X years to JFG, a man who truly loved her, yet in her head he doesn't love her at all.

She doesn't see what's right in front of her face and I'm starting to think she never has. Maybe I was wrong before, maybe she is delusional.

Hi Rogue, 

I agree with  you in that Magdalene knows Gideon better than Corinne did, but I believe that the only person who has ever truly known Gideon is Eva.  In order to really know someone, you have know at least some of their dark secrets.  If not, then all that person is seeing is the exterior and not the complete person.  Do you know what I mean?

Hi Rogue,

I agree with you in that Magdalene knows Gideon better than Corinne did, but I believe that the only person who has ever truly known Gideon is Eva. In order to really know someone, you have know at least some of their dark secrets. If not, then all that person is seeing is the exterior and not the complete person. Do you know what I mean?

Hi Gigi,

I do get what you mean and I don't disagree. However my point was more that Magdalene understands how Gideon operates, she recognises his patterns and she understands a large part of his character. She may not know why he is the way he is, bit she gets who he is.

Corinne on the other hand, I can't figure out who she is in love with because she doesn't seem to know Gideon at all!! Its like she is in love this image in her head of who she thinks Gideon is / should be.

I was just wondering, did you have a chance to write a review for any of the books?  Many of the forum members have suggested this.  I am absolutely sure that your enthusiasm would to WONDERS to lift the spirits of all those who have loved the books thus far and have had to read some seriously sucky reviews.  :)

Hi Gigi Inreally never read any of the other reviews I just know I like the book and so do the others on this forum... I would love to write a review but I don't know how to go about it ...

Magdalene did apologize to Eva. It's in Chapter 20 of Bared to You. From page 311: "You love him," (Magdalene) said. "I didn't see it. I'm sorry. And I'm sorry for what I said to you the first time we met."

And at the time she made this apology, Magdalene was being genuinely kind to Eva (and Eva to her). Gideon momentarily had left Eva alone with Maggie, because Corrine had just cooked up a lame excuse to drag Gideon away. Corrine had already declared war on Eva (and as a two-fer, Maggie) -- Corrine the Catty had stumbled within clear sight of her two rivals, so she could lean into Gideon to laugh as Gideon steadied her with a hand to her back.

Maggie actually had Eva sit down, seeing Eva was sick over the sight of Gideon touching Corrine. It was then that Maggie's real, true nature came out ... she actually apologized to Eva for having been so mean the night she and Eva first met.

Accepting the apology, Eva replied, "You love him, too. And at the time, I didn't. Not yet." Maggie responded with "Doesn't excuse me, does it?"