Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was never real to him, because he never meant for it to ever be over. Unfortunately for him, their second break-up, like the first in Bared to You, was very real to Eva.

In Reflected, he repeated in a far more serious way the same mistake he made in Bared to You, when he sent Eva an inter-office envelope containing her set of apartment keys she'd loaned him, and accompanying the keys with a "Dear Jane" note. Because he couldn't handle her having pulled a runner after for the first time she witnessed a full-fledged nightmare of his (one in which he was in his role as victim instead of aggressor.) He didn't get it that the reason she stormed out of his place clad only in a bathrobe was she felt he way lying to her. He was convinced she left because what she'd seen disgusted him.

That time, they were apart for four days, all the time him hoping she would come back. He went to see Stanton about Nathan, arranged for him as an individual and them as a couple to become patients of Dr. Petersen, replicated her bedroom in his apartment as a safe room she could retreat into if she needed space, even bought her a promise ring. But finally by day four, he realized she wasn't coming back, not on her own, so he ended up chasing her and begged her to take him back.

In Reflected, he simply meant to create distance between them. But he learned the hard way that trying to control another person (here Eva by emotionally manipulating her) doesn't work and can backfire horribly. Unforeseen circumstances happened, like her finding out about those rape photos. It always had been a possibility, but he obviously banked on it not happening. Never could he have foreseen the consequence - her self esteem problem made her believe he couldn't get past disgust of her now. Yet again, too -- and he ought to have known better -- he vastly underestimated how badly she would react to him taking Corrine out. She believed the worst. She ended it, and though she loved him still, she wasn't waiting for him, wasn't trusting him -- she was going to move on.

In light of all that, I found this chapter especially sweet. Sexually, she took him back to an ordinary starting line -- him as some regular guy having met a new woman he's had over for dinner the first time, the big question being would it be the first time they'd go to bed with one another ... her letting him get "lucky." It's an experience he never got -- not with Corrine in the hotel room nor all the random woman he took there over the years since then.

loved this LN, thanks

When Eva and Gideon are teasing about him being allowed to "put it in" it's as if they're older teens or very young adults having intercourse for the first time in a relationship -- especially if it's the first time ever for the girl, "giving up" her virginity.

Love it too..

Good idea for audio book I can get on I tunes and put on my mp3 player.  I do not have a I pad wished it did ...!!!

if you have an Ipod or Iphone you can get it there on Audio as well, I love mine and listen when driving and working (when I don't get caught, people think I am listening to Audio typing for my boss which is a laugh as he writes his own letters LOL) :P

if you have an Ipod or Iphone you can get it there on Audio as well, I love mine and listen when driving and working (when I don't get caught, people think I am listening to Audio typing for my boss which is a laugh as he writes his own letters LOL) :P

I have a mp3 player but not a Ipod, but I did see the audio book on itunes yesterday and I can buy and put on mp3 player!!  Might do that tonight when get home from work!!

I have a mp3 player but not a Ipod, but I did see the audio book on itunes yesterday and I can buy and put on mp3 player!!  Might do that tonight when get home from work!!

Go for it you will love listening to it :P

In chapter 5, Gideon relates to Eva that she is still hurting after their weeks apart.

"We can't just forget the last few weeks, Eva. I cut you deep and your still bleeding"

Gideon had picked up on it, that Eva still harboured a grudge, even though he had killed for her, and knowing why he pulled away from her.

What had happened could not be forgotten or forgiven overnight.

Healing would take time.

Just love the line

"Do you want to suck face or not". obviously an American term! Brilliant :)

"Day One of my life was the day I met you"

The words hit me like a blow. I swallowed hard and whispered, "okay, that's a winner. You can put it in."

Loving the mixture of seriousness and humour.

I'm sorry can't do just one line.

I love this chapter, I love the date, I love the towels as the house warming gift , and I love Sylvia for writing this chapter because it was so satisfying to the reader to see this uber romantic time between these 2 tortured lovers...

I love this chapter, I love the date, I love the towels as the house warming gift , and I love Sylvia for writing this chapter because it was so satisfying to the reader to see this uber romantic time between these 2 tortured lovers...

They needed this. Just the two of them, being silly love struck kids, having sexy time. :D

I agree LN and I also was glad that Cary did not turn out to be on brett's side after he could tell that Eva was still madly in love with Gideon so was really pleased that Cary was on Eva's side.

I loved it (sorry cannot remember exact wording), "if there is a brawl over you I am watching from the bleachers" it was just so Cary and I loved it :)

I think that most of us in the forum didn't give Cary enough credit prior to EWY but I think we can see now what the bond is between Eva and Cary they have a great love and respect for each others s an awareness of what each has been through and they are very PROTECTIVE of one another which is sooooo precious ...Cary is ALWAYS TEAM EVA!!

oh I know, don't you just think it sounds so HOT!!!! on Audio Julie, I do, it puts a wee smile on my face when driving LOL :P

How could you concentrate when it came to the sex?

Could imagine the comments on an insurance claim!!!

I didn't see the donkey in the field, because Gideon was giving Eva another or*asm!!! Ha!

I think that most of us in the forum didn't give Cary enough credit prior to EWY but I think we can see now what the bond is between Eva and Cary they have a great love and respect for each others s an awareness of what each has been through and they are very PROTECTIVE of one another which is sooooo precious ...Cary is ALWAYS TEAM EVA!!

As part of being Captain of Team Eva, Cary has always gone back and forth on Gideon -- proof he wants Eva to be happy.

• From day one (actually night one -- Eva/Gideon's first date) Cary had the brotherly talk with Gideon that if Gideon hurt Eva, he'd answer to him. And after the first date went to h e l l Cary helped Eva avoid Gideon's calls all weekend so that Eva could think things through.
  • There have been times when he's been supportive of the growing relationship between Eva and Gideon, knowing that Eva feels for Gideon like she hasn't for any other guy in the 3+ years Cary has been Eva's best friend.
  • The violent nightmares really worried Cary, though, especially the two in which Gideon turned aggressor, both of which happened in Eva's bed. After the second nightmare, Cary went through a period of urging Eva point blank to end things for the sake of her own abuse survivor recovery.
  • Cary went through an odd spell during the time Gideon and Eva became estranged and then Eva dumped Gideon entirely. Subtly he was pushing Brett, but mostly he was a shoulder to sob on as Eva spent two-plus weeks crying her heart out.
  • He very much was "go gurl!!!" to the New Eva who in the final five days of Reflected.
  • Now that in the early part of Entwined (esp. Chapter 4) where Brett has become a serious subject, Cary is being cautious. He doesn't want to see Eva go into another tailspin. Plus, of course, Cary is curious about the fact Eva obviously is getting laid again with some Mystery Man. Cary wants to make sure she's not doing so in a self-destructive way (i.e. degrading herself)

Good evening Ladies!!!! :D

After spending a wonderfuld weekend at the Garda Lake, I'm soooooo glad to be here with you.

Here's my favourite lines in Chapter 3

1) "I  sat up and leaned against the headboard, making no effort to cover my bre*sts because we were going to end up talking about his ex-fiancée. I played dirty when warranted."

2) "I want to be everything you ever found in the other women you've been with." Women he had taken to a f*ck pad with toys.

"I can't keep my hands off you. That should be enough to tell you I don't need more."

3) I'll be da*ned if plastic, glass, metal, or leather will make you come. B.O.B. and his friends will have to find other amusements."

4) "We are totally dysfunctional." " I prefer 'selectively deviant'. But we'll keep that to ourselves."

5) What girl didn't want to obtain the unattainable?

6) Brett's voice "sounds like S-E-X rolled in chocolate and covered in whipped cream."

I'm stlii reading the older posts..... always catching up!!!

After spending a wonderfuld weekend at the Garda Lake, I'm soooooo glad to be here with you.

1) "I  sat up and leaned against the headboard, making no effort to cover my bre*sts because we were going to end up talking about his ex-fiancée. I played dirty when warranted."

2) "I want to be everything you ever found in the other women you've been with." Women he had taken to a f*ck pad with toys.

"I can't keep my hands off you. That should be enough to tell you I don't need more."

3) I'll be da*ned if plastic, glass, metal, or leather will make you come. B.O.B. and his friends will have to find other amusements."

4) "We are totally dysfunctional." " I prefer 'selectively deviant'. But we'll keep that to ourselves."

6) Brett's voice "sounds like S-E-X rolled in chocolate and covered in whipped cream."

Hi Gabri

We have missed you.

Was you with your Italian Gideon ?

We thought your internet was down.

Lots to catch up on. :)

Well it's about time.

Thought you were Gidnapped!!!!

Are you with the Italian Gideon at Garda Lake - having some "alone" time.

How could you concentrate when it came to the sex?

Could imagine the comments on an insurance claim!!!

I didn't see the donkey in the field, because Gideon was giving Eva another or*asm!!! Ha!

I just have this stupid grin on my face Julie at these scenes, yes the insurance claim would be fun, I was at the club scene driving home tonight, oh boy was that hot, made me think of B.O.B :P

Gabri

Your back, Yay, I thought the bank man had whisked you away for no holds barred Italian S E X in the back of a limo - :P

Hi Gabri

We have missed you.

Was you with your Italian Gideon ?

We thought your internet was down.

Lots to catch up on. :)

A lot indeed!

but I'm going to do my best!!

Gabri!!!

Girl, you have some serious catching up to do!!!

Did your Italian Gideon take you away to the beach or something for an entire weekend -- no Internet, no nothing?

nope, sorry