Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

I also wonder what Graves meant by "We have the hit on surveillance footage" (meaning videotape of Yedemsky being killed by another gangster.)

Whose surveillance footage? Because investigating organized crime is the responsibility of the FBI, and it takes a court order signed by a judge in order to get permission to legally "bug" a location with audio and/or video surveillance devices.

So I think when Graves said "we have ...." she meant that she and her partner were supplied a copy of FBI video as well as a copy of the forensic photograph of the bracelet found on the gangster's corpse. The Feds are now involved.

I found the last sentence of the police interview session to be disquieting, where Graves told Eva, "We've done all we can. Where you go from here is up to you."

Does that mean the case is now out of Graves & Mincha's hands, because the FBI is investigating Yedemsky's murder -- the FBI is going after the killer they have video of "whacking" Yedemsky? So it's now up to Gideon and Eva to figure out how they're going to deal with the Russian Mafia connection? Because it's now out of Graves & Mincha's hands?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which ones would the police have had? The originals or copies?

As for the bracelet, could he have had a safety deposit box or locker?

Do the police even have the child p.o.r.n. -- or -- is all they have are the current pictures Nathan had of Eva, the ones he took of Eva stalking her through the streets of New York?

I don't think the cops have the p.o.r.n. If it was in the hotel room, Gideon would have seized it, I think -- but more likely, as soon as Nathan showed Gideon (and Stanton and Monica too) copies of what he had, all of them cooperated together to track down the location of where Nathan had the originals stashed, and they arranged for someone (Angus, Raul, Clancy) to steal the originals and destroy them.

I also wonder what Graves meant by "We have the hit on surveillance footage" (meaning videotape of Yedemsky being killed by another gangster.)

Whose surveillance footage? Because investigating organized crime is the responsibility of the FBI, and it takes a court order signed by a judge in order to get permission to legally "bug" a location with audio and/or video surveillance devices.

So I think when Graves said "we have ...." she meant that she and her partner were supplied a copy of FBI video as well as a copy of the forensic photograph of the bracelet found on the gangster's corpse. The Feds are now involved.

I found the last sentence of the police interview session to be disquieting, where Graves told Eva, "We've done all we can. Where you go from here is up to you."

Does that mean the case is now out of Graves & Mincha's hands, because the FBI is investigating Yedemsky's murder -- the FBI is going after the killer they have video of "whacking" Yedemsky? So it's now up to Gideon and Eva to figure out how they're going to deal with the Russian Mafia connection? Because it's now out of Graves & Mincha's hands?

That bit was worrying.

The options were the Russians or the authorities. Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Do the police even have the child p.o.r.n. -- or -- is all they have are the current pictures Nathan had of Eva, the ones he took of Eva stalking her through the streets of New York?

I don't think the cops have the p.o.r.n. If it was in the hotel room, Gideon would have seized it, I think -- but more likely, as soon as Nathan showed Gideon (and Stanton and Monica too) copies of what he had, all of them cooperated together to track down the location of where Nathan had the originals stashed, and they arranged for someone (Angus, Raul, Clancy) to steal the originals and destroy them.

I wonder if we will be privy to that info? What happened on that night still remains sketchy.

If Monica did see Nathan first, pay him off, then Gideon turned up, killed Nathan, Monica witnessing the death, calls Clancy, who removes the bracelet,and takes Monica's money back(this bits for Sharon). She(monica)breaks down to Victor during their sexy time. Victor gives his permission to marry Eva, because he knows why Gideon did what he did, to save Eva.

I don't think Gideon would have let Nathan walk out of his office with the photos and videos, even if they were copies. Only Gideons restraint allowed Nathan to walk. I think those photos Gideon kept and destroyed.

Monica and Stanton making a payoff to Nathan would leave a bank paper trail. He wanted $2.5 million. That's not something you can get from an ATM machine. Or even easily carry around as cash. It would need to involve bank transactions of some sort.

You just burst my bubble!

Monica and Stanton making a payoff to Nathan would leave a bank paper trail. He wanted $2.5 million. That's not something you can get from an ATM machine. Or even easily carry around as cash. It would need to involve bank transactions of some sort.

If Monica had left the money in Nathan's apartment, Monica could have said it was paid to Nathan to leave Eva alone. Leave the country. Be honest with the police. There's no crime in that. Graves knows that Gideon killed Nathan not Monica.

That was probably why the police were still sniffing around Stanton. Sussing out his and Monica's alibis.

Which ones would the police have had? The originals or copies?

As for the bracelet, could he have had a safety deposit box or locker?

That's a really good question about Nathan's horde. I think his father would have definitely saved him the bracelet, because that was a memento Nathan saved from his mother. Nathan's father sounds like he became totally estranged from him later on, not necessarily right away. Perhaps Nathan packed up his stuff at home before he was confined in whatever juvenile facility he ended up in and his father just put it away with all his other stuff without looking at it. Were we ever told exactly where he was sent? I can't remember.

That's a really good question about Nathan's horde. I think his father would have definitely saved him the bracelet, because that was a memento Nathan saved from his mother. Nathan's father sounds like he became totally estranged from him later on, not necessarily right away. Perhaps Nathan packed up his stuff at home before he was confined in whatever juvenile facility he ended up in and his father just put it away with all his other stuff without looking at it. Were we ever told exactly where he was sent? I can't remember.

Nothing was ever mentioned exactly. He could have picked it up from his fathers when released from the facility. His father then telling him he was disowning him. That's when he could have started looking for Eva , plotting his revenge.

If Monica had left the money in Nathan's apartment, Monica could have said it was paid to Nathan to leave Eva alone. Leave the country. Be honest with the police. There's no crime in that. Graves knows that Gideon killed Nathan not Monica.

That was probably why the police were still sniffing around Stanton. Sussing out his and Monica's alibis.

• I think they may have suspected the Stantons hired a hitman, and that's one of the reasons they kept digging so hard. That had been Eva's first suspicion -- she asked Monica whether Stanton had arranged the killing, something Monica denied.
  • They may have initially suspected Gideon might have hired a hitman too. Eva also had wondered in passing whether Gideon might have had something to do with Nathan's death -- at the time, the thought tempered her anger and pain at having been "rejected" in favor of Corrine.
  • Graves finally figured out that Gideon did the deed himself instead of hiring out the job.

Details-02.jpg

Now I'll go to bed the happiest bunny ever! I don't need abs or biceps... I'm completely lost in that pair of blue eyes

I've been reading your posts and I love the way you're weaving all the threads in the book, Great job ladies!!!

Good night

sweet sweet sweet Henry/Gideon dreams! :blush:

Details-02.jpg

Now I'll go to bed the happiest bunny ever! I don't need abs or biceps... I'm completely lost in that pair of blue eyes

I've been reading your posts and I love the way you're weaving all the threads in the book, Great job ladies!!!

Good night

Whoa!!!!!

I've been reading your posts and I love the way you're weaving all the threads in the book, Great job ladies!!!

Good night

Night gabri!

Those eyes make me melt every time!

Details-02.jpg

Good night

Oh my goodness now that is an awesome pic!!  :)

The thing that amazes me about these characters is that they CONSTANTLY LIE!!! How awful must it be to be so obsessed with someone that you wake every morning to the fact that you want to be Mrs. Gideon Cross and you will do ANYTHING to accomplish that goal. The only people that don't lie in the series are Eva, Cary, and Victor . Victor doesn't lie because he is normal and Eva and Cary don't lie because in order to recover they had to face truths and be painfully honest. And even though we love Gideon he lies by omission. So at the end of the day we have poor Eva having to sift through all of their lies and omissions to get to the truth no wonder she is hard of hearing she doesn't want to hear any more LIES!!! LOL!!

Secondly I think Deanna used that sex tape as a last ditch effort to try and break up GidEva for good ...did she actually think she had a chance with him anyway...boy is she in denial ...so at least her failed attempt probably made her a bunch of money for the information.

Amen Sister!!  The characters have to stop lying if they ever want to get healthy and get their happilly ever afters!! 

Hi Nrock, 

I like your theory about Nathan's dad disowning him later on.  It would make sense that a father might not disown his child right away.  Wouldn't a father hope that as sick and twisted as his child might be, that therapy might help that child to get better?  Nathan would have still been a teenager and therefore not adult.  So maybe Mr. Barker hoped  (in vain) that his son could be helped, only to find out later on that Nathan was just as sick as he always was. 

I think that Nathan's dad would have held onto his son's stuff and allowed him to keep his stuff at the family home.  Ultimately I think that Mr. Barker realized that his son was never going to get better and he disowned him.  Nathan would have either picked up his stuff or have had his stuff sent to him (where ever he may have been staying at that time) and that would have included the bracelet.  What does everyone think?

Had a quick look back, Mrs Crossfire, and Jeanmarie, both get free passes to Primal. Both guessed correctly. :D

Had a quick look back, Mrs Crossfire, and Jeanmarie, both get free passes to Primal. Both guessed correctly. :D

I totally was way off base. i thought for sure that Victor would be to angry with Monica to lay a finger on her.

Is it possible, that Gideon led Nathan to believe that he would pay him off. Nathan was expecting Gideon with a pay day for him. Getting a bit more than he bargained for.

Is it possible, that Gideon led Nathan to believe that he would pay him off. Nathan was expecting Gideon with a pay day for him. Getting a bit more than he bargained for.

Thats what i think. We only have what Graves tells us she thinks happens. I wonder if we will ever find out how the deed was actually done.

Good afternoon ladies!!!!!!

Here are my picks from Chap.15

1) He was all things to me, everything I wanted and needed in one imperfect man.

2) I look at you, angel, and I want you so badly. I want to be with you, listen to you, talk to you. I want to hear you laugh, and hold you when you cry. I want to sit next to you, breath the same air, share the same life. I want to wake up to you like this every day forever. I want you.

3) I'm happy with you, Eva. You make me happy.

4) Because it won't be long before I'm going to ask you a question, Eva. And I'm going to need you to give me the right answer.

4) He kissed me quiet anf f***ed me senseless.

5) Help. Need carbs.