Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

Thoughts on chapter 17

Re-reading chapter 17 really bothered me. I've tended to skim over it in re-reads because the whole video thing really upset me, but I just re-read more carefully. Of course I'm on Team Eva and have explained and justified a lot of her very questionable behavior, but I have to say she really crosses a line here in her dealings with Brett. After seeing that video she should have excused herself from dinner if it bothered her that much, and it should have. Why should she be worried about hurting his feelings and saying she was freaked out and embarrassed by the video? And it's very strange to me that if she wanted Arnoldo to think better of her, she would have gone there. There were other places Gideon could have had a eye kept on her.

She definitely didn't need to invite Brett up - there was a natural break when she arrived back in the taxi. She could easily have ended things politely right then. And she definitely sent Brett very mixed messages in the apartment. IMO she was not far off from being what guys call a pric*teaser if you really examine the things she says as well as her physical cues. All in all I think Brett's behavior there was pretty polite and gentlemanly. Eva - not so much.

Tottally agree w/ this! I felt sick for her reading about the video. Ughh..The night could have ended in the cab and I don't think it would've been rude..

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love love this too, 

I do wonder if Eva had not ran into the ocean how had he intended to propose to Eva??  Just curious  :)

AHHHHH Gabri I love that line too I married Gideon Geoffrey Cross etc... I thought Sylvia wrote the wedding brilliantly as I have stated before it was the PERFECT wedding ... Especially for them...

Spell check doesn't always help.  I spell a word correctly but it is the wrong word for the sentence (to, too, two).  This usually happens when I change my mind about what I want to say and I don't erase my initial thought completely.  I read a study not too long ago that says our mind is six to ten words ahead of what we are typing and therefore, words are inserted out of place.  When I have a presentation for work I will type out everything and re-read it the next day.  I always catch something that I missed during my initial proofreading.

This is correct of course I am re-reading, it is Chapter 6 after their date nite he wakes up with a nightmare...

AHHHHH Gabri I love that line too I married Gideon Geoffrey Cross etc... I thought Sylvia wrote the wedding brilliantly as I have stated before it was the PERFECT wedding ... Especially for them...

Yes because it was just them and all the love!!

Didn't Eva even mention that it was fitting for it to just be them to get married the first time with no hate or hostility and just LOVE....

:)

Love love this too, 

I do wonder if Eva had not ran into the ocean how had he intended to propose to Eva??  Just curious   :)

Hi Barb

I can see the man-who-doesn't-know-what-romance-is falling on his knee over a candle-lit dinner, taking both of Eva's hands and kissing them.........but Eva would still say no. It had to be that way, with an anguished Eva who runs away, plunges into the ocean, and scares the h*ll out of Gedeon, who in turn runs after her and rescue her......(oh my, can't she swim?)

I've also been wondering when could he have popped the question, if he wanted to do it properly.... They arrive Friday night and are married by Saturday morning, which leaves Sunday for the shortest honeymoon in human history......  Friday night over dinner was his only option then. Eva's answer was really some kind of foregone conclusion to him? Frowning my mmmmmmms here!!(does something like this exist in English? I've just made it up) :D

Hi Barb

I can see the man-who-doesn't-know-what-romance-is falling on his knee over a candle-lit dinner, taking both of Eva's hands and kissing them.........but Eva would still say no. It had to be that way, with an anguished Eva who runs away, plunges into the ocean, and scares the h*ll out of Gedeon, who in turn runs after her and rescue her......(oh my, can't she swim?)

I've also been wondering when could he have popped the question, if he wanted to do it properly.... They arrive Friday night and are married by Saturday morning, which leaves Sunday for the shortest honeymoon in human history......  Friday night over dinner was his only option then. Eva's answer was really some kind of foregone conclusion to him? Frowning my mmmmmmms here!!(does something like this exist in English? I've just made it up) :D

She ran into the ocean because she thought what she had done on the plane had broken them.  So yes you are right scared the h*ll out of him and he ran after her again!!  I feel like I was there watching instead of just reading it in a book!!  

Eva's answer was really some kind of foregone conclusion to him?  I agree it was going to happen!!!

Hello everybody from sunny (and too hot) Italy!!!!!

I married Gideon Geoffrey Cross barefoot on a Caribbean beach with the hotel manager and Angus McLeod as witnesses.....

this is the perfect ending to Gideon and Eva's perfect love. The first ten words never ever fail to  make my eyes all shiny... After all Gideon and Eva (and us with them) have gone through, they can now experience perfect bliss. And so do I!!!!!

A secret marriage on the beach..... arranged to the tiniest details by someone who used to say he didn't like romance!!!

I was a little troubled by the prenup. Although I understand the necessity of such an arrangement between two wealthy people who are going to share their life with one another, I really don't like it, because it points out and reminds us that everything has a price: sex, love, children...

But Gideon was actually only protecting his own heart against the remotest likelihood of Eva walking out on him.  "There's nothing I wouldn't do for you" he tells Eva in RIY, which apparently includes giving up most of his wealth as well. As though killing Nathan wasn't enough!!!. His lawyers must have had a really hard time in convincing him otherwise.

The prenup isn't a traditional prenup that protects a spouse from getting money.  In this prenup Gideon agrees that Eva will split anything 50/50 after the wedding.  He isn't holding anything back from her.  Like Eva said, "the prenup was designed to protect his heart, to bind me and bribe me to stay with him no matter what.  He was giving everything he had."   I had to brush my tears from my eyes along with Eva when I read it.

I had a different interpretation of the run into the ocean.  To me it sounds like Eva was running to hide from crying in front of Gideon.  In each book she mentions that she doesn't like people to see her cry and I don't think she wanted Gideon to see how devastated she was.  I think she just allowed herself to sink under the water and cry; she wasn't trying to kill herself.  Gideon knew she was upset and ran after her then carried her out of the water.  I'm sure she can swim because she likes the beach and said something about the lake house that her step father had.

Thanks I know but the whole wedding dress thing made me paranoid   lol   :)

But that was fun.  I learned a lot about priestess dresses on google but I understand.  I usually get online during a break at work and post before I really read what I've written.  It is embarrassing sometimes.

Love love this too, 

I do wonder if Eva had not ran into the ocean how had he intended to propose to Eva??  Just curious   :)

Me too, I just read that part of the book again last night and thought the same thing. I wonder what he had planned, how he was going to ask her?

I had a different interpretation of the run into the ocean.  To me it sounds like Eva was running to hide from crying in front of Gideon.  In each book she mentions that she doesn't like people to see her cry and I don't think she wanted Gideon to see how devastated she was.  I think she just allowed herself to sink under the water and cry; she wasn't trying to kill herself.  Gideon knew she was upset and ran after her then carried her out of the water.  I'm sure she can swim because she likes the beach and said something about the lake house that her step father had.

I agree I do not think she was trying to kill herself, I think she thought that she broke them because what she had done on the plane and that he was going to break up with her.  I think that she said as much at some point.

But that was fun.  I learned a lot about priestess dresses on google but I understand.  I usually get online during a break at work and post before I really read what I've written.  It is embarrassing sometimes.

What was so bad I keep thinking why is everyone not understanding about the dress!!  I then really looked at my post and thought what a dumb a** I misspelled it!!  But I am of mind to owe my mistakes so figured would do that here too.  :)

I still think in Book 4 that JFG is going to hit on Eva to try and get back at Gideon...once again PITY THE FOOL ...

I'm thinking the same thing (great minds think alike ;)) I actually look forward to it!

I can't find the original post but someone was wondering how Gideon would have proposed if Eva hadn't run off in to the sea. Every time I reread the book I feel like the conversation they had the morning before the Golden video event (sorry I cant remember the exact chapter) was him working up to a proposal. I think he would have done it before Eva went out with Brett that night if they had already had the 'Hugh' conversation.

The crossfire conversation would have been the perfect lead in to a proposal IMO

What do you all think?

I agree with you, and I was thinking the same when I was reading it. It may also have had something to do with her being unsure after what had taken place on the plane.

I agree I do not think she was trying to kill herself, I think she thought that she broke them because what she had done on the plane and that he was going to break up with her.  I think that she said as much at some point.

I agree with you. She was devastated that after the plane trip, and Gideon became distant, that she had broken their relationship by pushing him to far.

She thought he was going to finish with her. She wasn't going to commit suicide, she was desperately unhappy thinking the worst.

I agree with you. She was devastated that after the plane trip, and Gideon became distant, that she had broken their relationship by pushing him to far.

She thought he was going to finish with her. She wasn't going to commit suicide, she was desperately unhappy thinking the worst.

Her running and jumping into the ocean forced him to speak up!!!!  Oh My...!!

What I also meant to say was.

She was running away from what she thought was the inevitable. Gideon dumping her. Silly girl.

Like he(Gideon) said to her when she made the comment about Mark proposing and being worried. Even though you know the answer is going to be yes, you are still scared.