admin

* * One with You -- SPOILER THREAD * *

I am having a hard time letting this series go, I need to find something to read now that will make me very  very happy at the end, I am looking for a series that is completed. Anyone have any ideas. I will reread Crossfire probably many many times again. I have read OWY 3 times and I do see closure on a couple of things I think I am just sad that it's over.

sme I hope you are feeling better, I haven't spoken to you in about a week.

D500, jmhope, sscrph and Nathalia I hope all of you are well also. Let me know what series you suggest I would appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

I am having a hard time letting this series go, I need to find something to read now that will make me very  very happy at the end, I am looking for a series that is completed. Anyone have any ideas. I will reread Crossfire probably many many times again. I have read OWY 3 times and I do see closure on a couple of things I think I am just sad that it's over.

D500, jmhope, sscrph and Nathalia I hope all of you are well also. Let me know what series you suggest I would appreciate it.

I enjoyed the Georgian Series. I mentioned Rachel Grant and Toni Anderson in another post. The Calendar Girl series.  Really anything that Sylvia Day writes.  

I miss Gideva too

1 minute ago, jmhope said:

I enjoyed the Georgian Series. I mentioned Rachel Grant and Toni Anderson in another post. The Calendar Girl series.  Really anything that Sylvia Day writes.  

I miss Gideva too

I read the Calendar Girl series and loved it. Is the Georgian Series complete? What did you think about Afterburn and Aftershock? I don't know the other two authors. 

2 hours ago, sme said:

Dear Patricia- Ann, dear all, 

I am absent because of rereading Crossfire from the beginning! Now I am on book 3 but I am loosing interest and will soon switch to the last book of  a YA series, which will be released next week.  I must say for me - from the writing  style alone and the witty banter from Eva and Gideon - book one is for me far the best in this series. But I might be alone with this opinion. 

I do think I am not gonna comment here in the very future  very much! I am afraid but in the moment I don´t have to attribute something new to the overall discussion. Some day I will again reread this series and maybe then we do have hopefully the Ireland book out. Would be interesting to know if this will be a standalone or a series?

Dear Patrica-Ann, 

a great series I read already several times is the Pearl Series from Adrianne Richmonde! It is about a 40 beautiful year woman, divorced and a trauma in her past,   named Pearl, falls  in love with a dominant billionaire, named Alexandre Chevalier,  around the end of twenty and the series is complete. But the author has rereleased this series with having both POV alternating in it and a new title.

But my suggestion and recommendation  is reading the orginal series! It is heart-wrenching, great erotic scenes and great side characters, plays also in N.Y. and in France! The first books are from POV Pearl and then the author decided to add the POV of the male character as a fourth book. And even a fifth book which goes further as book three of this series. This series is at the end and is written in a great style and happy endings. And I do like the mix: younger man - older woman. And the author told already that someday we will have a book from one of the female side characters. 

Here are the titles: 

Book one: Forty Shades of Pearl

Book two: Shadows of Pearl

Book tree: Shimmers of Pearl

Book four: Pearl (Pov male protagonist, covers book 1 to 3 and a little further)

Book five: Belle Pearl (POV male with more story after the happy ending with an even neu happy ending)

I don´t know if this series is avaible on other plattforms than Amazon! As far as I do know she is an independant author and releases everything herself!!! And I always like to support indie authors. 

The author Arianne Richmonde decided to rerelease the book with male and female POV together and the first book is named: Hooked up book 1 etc.!  Well, I have this version - was for free - on my kindle shelf but haven´t read it. The original series has everything you could ask for. Just try it! For me is could easily compete with the Crossfire Series! The author is French and the male protagonist is French and both main protagonist have a very tramatic past but different than Eva&Gideon. 

But you have to decide yourself!

Greetings, 

sme

P.S. I am starting to feeling better! I am on my way up! ;) Have to be patient but I will get there! Thanks for asking! 

I am glad to hear you are feeling better and on your way up. Thank you for the info I will check her out, I'm off from work this week and am looking to continue to read. 

Take care of yourself and I hope to chat with you in the future. ????

5 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

I read the Calendar Girl series and loved it. Is the Georgian Series complete? What did you think about Afterburn and Aftershock? I don't know the other two authors. 

Yes, the Georgian Series is complete.  They are 4 stand alone stories, but some of the characters are featured in each book.  Afterburn/Aftershock was good as are the following:

Spellbound, Seven Years to Sin, Pride and Pleasure, Lucien's Gamble,  The Stranger I Married, All Revved Up, and last but not least the Shadow Stalkers mini-series all Sylvia Day books.  Anderson wrote the Cold Justice series, they are stand alone stories with some characters featured in other Justice titles and Grant wrote the Evidence Series.  You should enjoy them all!!

Laters

I'm a big fan of Raine Miller : THE BLACKSTONE AFFAIR.

There are 4 books in total with spin off books of secondary characters if it interests you.  I'm a picky reader (as you can tell in my previous posts). I have no complaints about this series. 

Book 1.   NAKED

Book 2.  ALL IN

Book 3.  EYES WIDE OPEN

Book 4.  RARE AND PRECIOUS THINGS

11 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

Hi patricia-ann,  I'm very sad that it is over too & definitely having a hard time letting go after so many years of reading this series & this forum. 

On the home page of this forum there is a section 'General Discussions & Introductions' & there is a whole thread about 'Books as good as the Crossfire Series'. I feel most writers can't compare to Sylvia but there are over 400 entries so that might give you some ideas of what to read next from all the past/present members who visit here. 

I've read a couple series from Jodi Ellen Malpas (This Man Series & One Night Series) that are trilogies and are complete with epilogues. Some of the characters have sordid backgrounds but the books still have parts that are hot, witty, emotional & even some funny.

I have stopped reading in the middle of other author's books to read more about Gideon & Eva because I just can't wait to read more about them; but if I'm in the middle of reading one of Sylvia's books then I will not stop until I'm done.

On 4/15/2016 at 11:32 PM, Danielle 1227 said:

Hello everyone :) I have never posted anything here before, but I have read all the post and checked in regularly. I am a huge fan and have followed the Crossfire series from the beginning . I really loved most of the book. Angus and lucky are awesome ! I was satisfied with a lot of things even if it was still open ended. But when I read a series I truly need some closure or at least no confusion.

What has not given me peace of mind is the famous photo . I hate to say it but it almost makes me feel that in the beginning with Eva it wasn't as life altering as Gideon said. Obviously it's not true because of his love for her. 

I don't know if Sylvia  commented anywhere about everyone's confusion. But I tried to come up with a scenario that gives me peace of mind. I thought that maybe the women were very aggressive and he reacted to being the prey . In his mind he was in a private area  for no one to see . Remember in San Diego when the two woman came at him backstage , he said at a different time he would have turned it around on them and became the predator. I think it might be tied to that. 

I still think it was not a wise thing to do in public given who he is. But it could have also been quick , then he realized and took them to the hotel.  What do you think ? 

Sorry for the late response I should have done this days ago , when the topic was being discussed. If I can clear this little thing up . I could probably move on . Lol :) 

On another note , I want to thank everybody in the forum , for being here to help clear my head for the past couple of years . 

I will truly miss this series. but I am looking forward to Ireland's book ! 

I know it's late , I hope I didn't ramble:) 

Welcome Danielle! You did not ramble at all....I ramble a lot..lol. The photo bothered me too because in BTY when he and Eva kiss for the first time and they get interrupted by Scott...he seems so shocked that it happened, in his office (door closed/windows frosted) and during the day. Meanwhile that photo showed him  with two women out in public. VIP room-yeah, but not really.

On 4/15/2016 at 1:10 AM, Cmas said:

So I finished OWY a few days ago but am finally adding to the discussion. I didn't read it fast but rather slow, savoring every bit of it. If I read a part that I was really touched by then I'd back up and read it again  & again so I guess my first read was like a double or triple read through. I had been reading all the posts so nothing was a great shock to me but I think I was delaying getting to the end afraid for it to finally be over. It does leave you a bit empty & lost after 5 books to know you don't have another book to anticipate & speculate over. I would love to keep reading more of them but as Sylvia said she took them as far as she could and left them in a stable place. I'm hoping we get a glimpse of them in Ireland's book if one is written in the future but it's so hard to wait. I hope there are still posts on here to discuss the series even though we don't have a continuation to theorize over. 

I liked the book more than I disliked the last couple chapters if that makes sense. I hated more tragedy in their lives, an addition of another villain (although he was fueled by Anne) and yet more guilt for Gideon to deal with. I would have liked to read the renewal ceremony with her mother supporting her instead of how it turned out.

I loved how Gideon told Elizabeth the truth without mincing words with Eva as his source of strength watching him. I think it was crucial to the story that he did this himself & without Eva's input in the conversation. Elizabeth didn't even realize Eva was behind her.  

Some parts had me laughing out loud. When Gideon was telling Deanna off and she accused him of not being sincere & he said he was sincere - he was sorry that he ever *@!#ed her was hilarious & had her fuming. It was great he offered her the job without any flirting as Eva suggested. Still wonder what Deanna's choice was? She's money hungry & likes the opportunity to look at Gideon so I bet she let her integrity go & took it. Also Eva casually flipping Anne the bird at the dinner was great. As Eva says 'it's a classic'

I really liked his interview on the View type of show. Way to masterfully manipulate the media to his advantage on so many points. He had to do something after the picture scandal. I know it was taken before Eva but geez I hated the description of that scene. I wish it would have been something less exhibitionist & scandalous. (Wouldn't him making out with another woman have been sufficient?)

Loved Lucky, Chris & Angus too. It was touching when Gideon let it slip that he loved Angus too. Angus needed to hear that! It was a bit of an emotional roller-coaster but now I'm just sad it's over. 

Welcome Cmas! I know, I don't understand the extra guilt for Gideon also. He already has a lifetimes worth. His confrontation with Elizabeth was great...so sad.  I could've done with out the photo and Monica's death. They really annoyed me. But, not my book!

Angus, Chris and Lucky were the highlights in this book. Also, when Eva says "you're everything to me!"....I loved that too.

Btw, Colleen Hoover posted a free book on Wattpad...It's not like anything she's published.

Interesting talk at the Apple Store tonight.  I was almost late but managed to get a seat, some had to stand.  Note how I am writing is my own interpretation of what she said in places as I couldn't take many notes and my memory is rubbish so this isn't a verbatim report.

One With You is the fastest selling paperback this year.  Even outsold Lee Child.

Her favourite character is Cary. 

The tv series is in active development, i.e. they are definitely working on it.  At the moment she expects the tv series to be the books as they are - if the books were to be made into films secondary characters would have to be dropped and Lionsgate and Sylvia felt the secondary characters were too important to the story to leave any of them out.

There were two previous drafts of the story - the first had no 'engine', I forget why the second was changed (lady next to me drew my attention away), the third obviously became the book we got.  All three drafts had the Monica ending - as usual it was the characters speaking to her that were telling the story and that was how they were telling it.  Sylvia said she spent time with her editors over the first two drafts discussing it, and when it came to the final draft and that part was still there, which she still wasn't sure was how the story should go, but after discussions with her editors they advised if that's what the characters are saying then that is how the story goes.

Asked about the questions readers had over 'unfinished' side character stories, as an example she mentioned 'is Tatiana's baby Cary's? and pointed out that at no time had Cary queried if it was his baby, although Eva had.  Cary was happy with the fact there was a baby and it might be in his life. 

She also mentioned that One With You ends as it does because Gideon and Eva are at a point where they didn't need her any more, if she had continued writing to finalise all the side character stories, Gideon and Eva would have become side characters in the books about themselves which is not her way of writing. 

She also explained how her writing is about one 'universe' and some characters in books are descended from characters in her historical novels and how a lot of people had spotted Gideon in the So Close excerpt.  She went on to say that Ireland will get a series! and that she expects Gideon to act the possessive big brother.  No timescale was given, just the fact that Ireland needs to be of age.  Ireland goes to Columbia, Lily from So Close goes to Columbia.

A question was asked about Renegade Angels - she's no longer contracted to write any more of those books and although it sounds like she may write more at the moment she is contracted to various books and until those contracts are fulfilled, she cannot begin any other writing that is not contracted. 

If I remember anything else I'll be back.

Just remembered she also said that of course Gideon would appear in the new novels as they are about Manhatten and Gideon owns half of Manhatten!!!!!

21 hours ago, shan12 said:

I'm a big fan of Raine Miller : THE BLACKSTONE AFFAIR.

There are 4 books in total with spin off books of secondary characters if it interests you.  I'm a picky reader (as you can tell in my previous posts). I have no complaints about this series. 

Book 1.   NAKED

Book 2.  ALL IN

Book 3.  EYES WIDE OPEN

Book 4.  RARE AND PRECIOUS THINGS

Loved these books!

44 minutes ago, D500 said:

Just remembered she also said that of course Gideon would appear in the new novels as they are about Manhatten and Gideon owns half of Manhatten!!!!!

I'm impressed with the interview you were at she was able to say more there than she was when I saw her because I saw her the day before OWY came out. I've read it 3 times so far and am on the second half of the audio version. After so many times I was able to pick up on a couple of closures like with Magdelene how she was looking better and was with her boyfriend Gage which it said you could tell he was in love with her.  I'm still devastated that the series is over.  But time heals all wounds haha at least that's what I'm telling myself. 

On 18.4.2016 at 8:53 PM, patricia-ann said:

On 20.4.2016 at 12:41 AM, patricia-ann said:

sme

On 4/18/2016 at 11:21 AM, patricia-ann said:

my all time favorite is the Inside Out Series by Lisa Rene Jones. Lots of book! Kind of starts out slow, but I really loved Chis and Sara.  I was holding out judgment of what series was going to be my favorite till OWY came out. It lost. The Blackstone Affair is really good, I'm just irritated that the spin off books left readers hanging, so don't read those.    

I'm in the same boat. I've read a few good books over the past couple of weeks. Any suggestions of good books would be appreciated  

The Manwhore series by Katie Evans,  is also good. I held of reading the first book just because the title kind of thew me off. I'm so glad I read those books. A spin off is coming next week, can't wait for that . 

A lot of book choices have been given and I appreciate them all I will be checking into them.  I think a series about Ireland will be a long way down the road. I would like to know when the TV series would be out but I think that will take a long time also. I am just a very impatient person and would like it all now hahaha.

I truly enjoy these chats and comments with everyone, thank you for sharing.

I have probably reread FSOG, The Fixed Trilogy, Hudson, The Beautiful Series and of course the Crossfire Series 6-8 times, I know I'm crazy but when I find a story I love I like to reread them. LOL

21 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

A lot of book choices have been given and I appreciate them all I will be checking into them.  I think a series about Ireland will be a long way down the road. I would like to know when the TV series would be out but I think that will take a long time also. I am just a very impatient person and would like it all now hahaha.

I truly enjoy these chats and comments with everyone, thank you for sharing.

I have probably reread FSOG, The Fixed Trilogy, Hudson, The Beautiful Series and of course the Crossfire Series 6-8 times, I know I'm crazy but when I find a story I love I like to reread them. LOL

I do the same thing patricia-ann and I have read all those as well . I am actually thinking of rereading Crossfire for the 20th time starting with BTY. When I get to OWY  I will just stop right before their night out to the charity Gala. Even though I hated the racy photo of Gideon I loved when he appeared on the NY talk show. The whole series was such a great read  it is hard to let go. I too think the Ireland spin off will be a long  time  coming. The new excerpt makes me think that Lily  ran away from Kane just like Eva wanted  to run because she didn't want to lose herself in Gideon...oh well only  time will tell.

6 minutes ago, sscrph said:

I do the same thing patricia-ann and I have read all those as well . I am actually thinking of rereading Crossfire for the 20th time starting with BTY. When I get to OWY  I will just stop right before their night out to the charity Gala. Even though I hated the racy photo of Gideon I loved when he appeared on the NY talk show. The whole series was such a great read  it is hard to let go. I too think the Ireland spin off will be a long  time  coming. The new excerpt makes me think that Lily  ran away from Kane just like Eva wanted  to run because she didn't want to lose herself in Gideon...oh well only  time will tell.

I start with one of those series and keep rotating even the side story in the Beautiful Series. I've also read the After Series and the final one called Before. I love the Maddox brothers haha I am hoping that Grey Darker will come out hopefully on Christian's birthday in June or Ana's birthday in September or Darker in June and Freed in September would be great. Did you read that fan fiction of FSOG and Crossfire combined that I can say I did not like it at all but that's my opinion.

7 hours ago, eve said:

If the VIP room was in one of Gideon's clubs then I assume it was private because he would have made sure of it ...so in other words the stalker-photographer was able to penetrate Gideon's security team...it just seems very unlikely to me .

In the book it is exactly said that it was "private VIP booth" :)) If someone can followed Gideon and took the picture, that it was clearly semi-public place (like the photos on the web)...so we as the readers were misled so long about Gideon's sex life before Eva and his change.

Annoyed with myself for forgetting the photo - could have asked her last night!!

There's a variety of booths in that google search, but remembering that Gideon was supposed to be private about his 'goings on' and it was presumably one of his own clubs, then I'm with sscrph on this.  Google search won't always find what you ask for (e.g. search for a particular painting by an artist and you will get pictures not by that artist, not even of the same title).  So some of the 'booths' in that search are probably not what Sylvia imagined.  I bet the club she envisaged was in New York (after all if Gideon were to follow through he'd have to be near the f**pad), and in NY there will be plenty of VIPS who do want a good level of privacy.  I bet some booths do turn into rooms, whether because there are curtains to pull or doors that can be pulled aside so the front of the booth is open, or folded back to give privacy.  We don't know if the photo was taken looking through a door at them or from above.  It's possible if the three involved in the photo were very carried away they would not notice someone putting a camera through the curtains or opening a door to be able to see, but I suspect it is more likely the photo was taken from above where those involved would be less aware of an intrusion.

" I bet the club she envisaged was in New York (after all if Gideon were to follow through he'd have to be near the f**pad), and in NY there will be plenty of VIPS who do want a good level of privacy. "

I am so sorry...but that is not correct - if the level of privacy was good, how somebody took the picture? (there is no answer, because that doesn't make any sense).

"We don't know if the photo was taken looking through a door at them or from above.  "

We know that. The photo is described in OWY. (There is not any "through a door" in OWY or "from above").

In NY night club are the same as in any other places, besides if it was in the room, there would be written "room" not "booth", don't you think?

I think the OWY is the answer to question about Gideon's sex life before Eva. There is no point to imagine something, that isn't written there. Sylvia Day isn't the first author, who changed main character's personality. That is always disappointing (but authors have the right to do so). We thought that Gideon was very private and possessive man, and now we know that he wasn't. Isn't that quite simple?

Good morning everyone :) 

This  is when I hoped Sylvia would have commented and explained the situation . It is very confusing . I agree that his actions were very different from what we saw in the other books. I know it all comes down to control. Which of course we all know he has to have . But if he really did act like that before Eva , it would  change my whole perception of the first couple of scenes  with the two of them. Ugh !! Very confusing . But I love them and Sylvia , it's her story to tell . I probably have to come to terms with never getting the answer. :(