* * One with You -- SPOILER THREAD * *

admin

Dear sme, I am hoping that you will recover quickly.  Sorry to hear you had an accident. I have read all of your posts, I have read books 1-4 several times over the past year and am currently reading OWY for the second time. book 2 RIY always always has me so anxious even though I know what happens. I to would have loved the epilogue to be from a couple of years later and a little longer I am reading slowly and going back over things to make sure I don't miss anything. I like your insights into OWY so while I'm reading I will think about what you wrote. 

I had forgotten that EL James said she would write after the production of both movies. People may not agree with me but I really loved that story line also that's why I was hoping for a June release of his POV especially since Crossfire is finished :(.

Feel better and it was interesting reading what you have written so far.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a few thoughts after reading the newer posts.  

Actually Cary and Eva did have doubts about the baby being his. They discussed this when Cary told Eva about the pregnancy. But he did say it was within the timeframe so he felt he had to step up. Eva discussed him getting a paternity test once the baby was born. Cary felt like he had to go with helping her because of how his own mother had used abortion as birth control and that haunted him. And remember Cary said something like he didn't think so, but just because you put a sock on it doesn't mean it can't happen.

I would still like to know if Dr. Terry Lucas would be charged with a crime. Of course, Gideon would have to go public and I don't know if they would want to go public with that or not.

In regards to Christopher and Chris. Chris said he didn't tell Christopher about Gideon. So you think Christopher, put together what happened to Gideon. I'm  not sure about that. It was still something I would like the full story on instead of guessing. I also couldn't figure out if someone told Christopher that his brother wanted to kill them all. Was that in Hugh's notes? That part was a little confusing, but I may need to reread.  This was such a big part of the book, that a quick talk with his dad and everything was hunky dory!

I know that you could deduce some things from what was written, but I like clarification on the major themes throughout the series. But that is just me. Yes, it was Gideon and Eva story but the other characters were woven in there so well (a tribute to Sylvia's writing) that I was invested in them as well.

About FSOG(Christian's pov) I probably will not buy the next one! The first one was 75% the same stuff. And while I realize there will be some crossover, there was really very little of it  was actually new text. I have read other series were authors wrote from the hero's pov and it was really all their thoughts and actions between the times and all new text. So I won't go there again unless I read reviews that it is better this time.

Thanks for reading and for all the other posts as well. They also make me think.

I think I have figured out my main problem with the Monica storyline, aside from it being overly complicated... The placement was poor. The last 20% of this book and therefore the entire series about Eva and Gideon centred around Monica and her death and her past. 

For 2 books we were building toward the second wedding and their happily ever after, and instead we got a sudden death, shock reveals about Monica, Christopher, Anne etc... That by the time I was reading the final page and should have been clutching the book to my heart in delight, instead my mind was still churning over the overload of information about Monica and it fell flat... 

If the backstory etc was kept the same but Monica had been killed sooner, it would have given me (and Eva & Gideon) more time to process this information. Their HEA would have felt more real because I had so many silly frustrations with Eva's reaction to losing her mother. Where was their guilt over the fact that the gunman was aiming for them? This was barely touched. Gideon spent almost an entire chapter agonising over lying to Eva and she barely reacted to that etc....

They just seemed to move on rather quickly for people who lost someone in such a sudden and tragic way - baring in mind that the epilogue takes place approximately 3 weeks after Monica is killed!! 

Also the sheer volume of information revealed and loose ends that are tied up in that 20% was excessive!

• Monica's entire life story
  • Anne's plan
  • Christopher's backstory
  • Cary / Trey
  • Victor moving to New York 
  • Gideon / Christopher 

does anyone agree? Do you think the placement of this storyline so close to the end could have had an impact on your feelings about this book? 

Well guys, it feels great be back on the site. Wish I came here with a better response than thinking OWY was a little overrated. 

I wasn't able to read it the night it came out because I was at work so I managed to avoid FB, twitter, this site, everything. I do have a close friend who loves Crossfire like I do who was able to read it on 4/5. She actually told me to not read it. I couldn't believe it. She said it would change some of my perception of GidEva's relationship and Gideon himself so it wasn't worth it. I didn't take her advice and she was somewhat right. 

Some things were great : Lucky, Clancy, Gideon saying "I love you" more, the possibility of Christopher Jr and Gideons relationship, I LOVED Chris Sr.

Everything else I couldn't believe.

First of all, what the was with Gideon and that Cinco de Mayo photo?? I know Sylvia must've been trying to make some point about trust but it could've been done that actually fit into Gideon's persona.  The whole party thing made no sense. Also Gideon's reaction at the Hamptons was a little over-dramatic and bratty. 

I didn't like when Gideon admitted to trying to sleep with other people after he saw Eva.

Deanna needs to GO, not a job. I mean, come on.

Ireland's boyfriend cheats? That's what that was all about?

Then we have the Elizabeth story. Such a build up for a few pages of an argument and then nothing.

The Monica story-line was rushed and not making much sense.  Everything from how she died, her backstory, and Eva's reaction were just weird.  I am a RN on a critical floor. I see denial and disbelief EVERYDAY but how she just picked up and moved on after 3 weeks was ridiculous. 

OWY felt rushed and incomplete. I feel disappointed. 

I still love Sylvia Day. She is an amazing author who loves her fans and I still love GidEva. I'm just going to pretend that Eva gave Lucky to Gideon at their second wedding as a gift and everyone was there (including Monica) and that they went on a magical honeymoon and lived happy ever after. 

50 minutes ago, xoxolaurenashley said:

Well guys, it feels great be back on the site. Wish I came here with a better response than thinking OWY was a little overrated. 

I wasn't able to read it the night it came out because I was at work so I managed to avoid FB, twitter, this site, everything. I do have a close friend who loves Crossfire like I do who was able to read it on 4/5. She actually told me to not read it. I couldn't believe it. She said it would change some of my perception of GidEva's relationship and Gideon himself so it wasn't worth it. I didn't take her advice and she was somewhat right. 

Some things were great : Lucky, Clancy, Gideon saying "I love you" more, the possibility of Christopher Jr and Gideons relationship, I LOVED Chris Sr.

First of all, what the was with Gideon and that Cinco de Mayo photo?? I know Sylvia must've been trying to make some point about trust but it could've been done that actually fit into Gideon's persona.  The whole party thing made no sense. Also Gideon's reaction at the Hamptons was a little over-dramatic and bratty. 

I didn't like when Gideon admitted to trying to sleep with other people after he saw Eva.

Then we have the Elizabeth story. Such a build up for a few pages of an argument and then nothing.

The Monica story-line was rushed and not making much sense.  Everything from how she died, her backstory, and Eva's reaction were just weird.  I am a RN on a critical floor. I see denial and disbelief EVERYDAY but how she just picked up and moved on after 3 weeks was ridiculous. 

I still love Sylvia Day. She is an amazing author who loves her fans and I still love GidEva. I'm just going to pretend that Eva gave Lucky to Gideon at their second wedding as a gift and everyone was there (including Monica) and that they went on a magical honeymoon and lived happy ever after. 

I so agree with you xoxolaurenashley . I love  Sylvia too but I just didn't love OWY. I still wanted the wedding that Eva wanted with her mom and Stanton and Victor and Ireland looking on. I wanted Monica to be there in the future giving Eva advice on being married to a rich and powerful man. I did not want the weird pseudo "wake" combination birthday party that we recieved. So I will pretend that OWY ENDED AT Chapter 7 which was before the ill-fated bachelor party and the reveal of Monica's backstory. :)

Hi Patricia-anne! I enjoy chatting with you and the other members as well :)

Sme, I hope you recover quickly! 

Just finished my re-read. I still love Sylvia's writing and Gideon and Eva . I will miss them as well. But still annoyed at Monica dying and taking over the end of the book. Yes, very happy they get their HEA... Just would've liked to see more of it :(.

And the second wedding ! All the talk, build up ...grandmas dress, victor giving her away ..he'll never get to do that! etc... They couldn't even have that ...makes me sad.

Chris sr. is the best! How sad Elizabeth couldn't even share Gideon's claims to him. I'd like to know what was discussed w Chris jr. I agree w the others and think he asked if he was abused well.

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

I think I have figured out my main problem with the Monica storyline, aside from it being overly complicated... The placement was poor. The last 20% of this book and therefore the entire series about Eva and Gideon centred around Monica and her death and her past. 

For 2 books we were building toward the second wedding and their happily ever after, and instead we got a sudden death, shock reveals about Monica, Christopher, Anne etc... That by the time I was reading the final page and should have been clutching the book to my heart in delight, instead my mind was still churning over the overload of information about Monica and it fell flat... 

If the backstory etc was kept the same but Monica had been killed sooner, it would have given me (and Eva & Gideon) more time to process this information. Their HEA would have felt more real because I had so many silly frustrations with Eva's reaction to losing her mother. Where was their guilt over the fact that the gunman was aiming for them? This was barely touched. Gideon spent almost an entire chapter agonising over lying to Eva and she barely reacted to that etc....

They just seemed to move on rather quickly for people who lost someone in such a sudden and tragic way - baring in mind that the epilogue takes place approximately 3 weeks after Monica is killed!! 

Also the sheer volume of information revealed and loose ends that are tied up in that 20% was excessive!

• Anne's plan
  • Cary / Trey
  • Gideon / Christopher 

does anyone agree? Do you think the placement of this storyline so close to the end could have had an impact on your feelings about this book? 

Hey rogue... I agree with all of your points. Another thing I'm confused about is where Eva grew up. I always thought Cali , since victor is there and Monica was the one who moved w each husband  ...but OWY mentions Monica /Lauren being from Texas-and Victors family is also from Texas. And! How could she take Jackson trammels sisters name? There already is a Monica trammell. So confusing. This is not stuff I want to be thinking about when the series ended.

1 hour ago, xoxolaurenashley said:

Hey xoxo....I agree with you as well. I like your alternate ending! Love lucky!

2 hours ago, Rogue said:

• Anne's plan
  • Cary / Trey
  • Gideon / Christopher 

Rogue I love your statement about clutching the book to your heart in delight...even my husband is sympathizing with me because he knew how much I was anticipating the new book. I totally agree about the placement of Monica's death but more than that since we find out that the shooter was aiming at Gideon I think it is so awful that Gideon feels guilty because of his association with Anne Lucas. As Eva says Gideon only deserves happiness he doesn't need any more guilt . ???????? 

2 hours ago, Rogue said:

• Anne's plan
  • Cary / Trey
  • Gideon / Christopher 

I agree with you for the most part.  There is too much left for the last 20 % of the book.  I don't think Monica had to be killed though.  I like the concept of her backstory.  The whole thing could be a spin off book and I would be happy to read it. 

5 minutes ago, sscrph said:

Rogue I love your statement about clutching the book to your heart in delight...even my husband is sympathizing with me because he knew how much I was anticipating the new book. I totally agree about the placement of Monica's death but more than that since we find out that the shooter was aiming at Gideon I think it is so awful that Gideon feels guilty because of his association with Anne Lucas. As Eva says Gideon only deserves happiness he doesn't need any more guilt . ???????? 

Totally agree about the guilt sscrph!! ????

I did feel the peace and love and joy between them in the final scene on th boat . It was a nice way to end. I just didn't like tha Monica died, and it was because of Gideon's actions. 

I'd like it if Chris jr and Ireland found out what their mother did. It's jus sad. 

Ahh,!! I've gotta remember this is fiction! Lol 

1 hour ago, xoxolaurenashley said:

I have been writing alternative endings since 4/5.  If I had any writing talent I would post them on FanFic but sadly I don't have that gift.  I do love that Eva gave Gideon Lucky before the wedding so he can see the dog will help him with his nightmares.  If she gave him the dog at the 2nd wedding he would not listen to her changes in the renovations.  I want them sleeping in the same bed.

I noticed several people are upset with Gideon's comment to Victor about being intimate.  I don't read that scene the same as most of you.

He told Victor they would be mindful of his personal relationship with Eva.  They wouldn't be brazen but they would be intimate.  If they aren't brazen he doesn't plan on shocking Victor but they are married and will kiss, hug, and touch each other at times.  I don't expect that Gideon would have a red dress moment or a trip to NC moment with Victor as driver.   Eva would scream Crossfire loudly.  If Gideon wants to see to Eva's transportation fetish I'm sure he will have Angus or Raul in the drivers seat. 

I get the sense that Gideon is aware of some bridges he has to mend with Victor.  In my mind it is fair that he is being honest with him before he takes the job.  I can think of times that I wish my employer gave me additional information about what might be negatives before I said yes.  I agree that Victor will protect Eva more than anyone else. 

I'm sorry but I found myself rolling my eyes more than I was comfortable while reading this installment. 

My least favorite was Monica's storyline. I felt is was very fantastical and exaggerated. 

I left feeling very unsatisfied with a lot of topics  (Landon, the Lucases, Corrinne and her husband). I also didn't leave with the impression or confidence that Gideon or Eva would be ok or able to deal six months to a year into their relationship, or if they would be able to sustain their relationship if it was normal and without drama (I have no insight to what their lives would be like in this situation). Because of this, my imagination takes me nowhere beyond the end of the book in terms of their future. I can't imagine them as parents or what they'd do besides take vacations and have sex when celebrating milestones in their relationship. 

I didn't care for this one. 

My biggest problem with Monica's story was I do not recall any information on how she supported herself, her sister and Eva once she left her in-laws until she married her second husband, Nathan Baker's father.  In One With You, Monica left the Tramells pregnant with only the clothes on her back.  I recall Eva referred to Barker as her mother's first husband in Bared to You, so she did not marry to Eva's knowledge.  I know Eva was born before her mother married Barker (she says Monica had a kid in tow) but I cannot recall if her age is stated.  Did anyone read about that time and I just missed it?

In response to a Facebook question as to whether we would hear more about Gideon and Eva Sylvia said

YES

which of course was inevitable if there is to be a book about Ireland (or is it that Ireland is in the Blacklist stories?)  As So Close had a snippet in One With You I did suspect there might be more about known characters, even if just mentions that answer questions.

As to reviews, I have no problem with anyone who wrote, as we have on here, that some story lines are not tied up, but some people on various sites really don't know how to phrase things politely and some are almost nasty in their comments.  Haven't they worked out by now that Sylvia writes everything with a reason, she drew Gideon and Eva's initial storyline to a close with them being well and truly together which was the purpose of the Crossfire series.  We've long known characters get mentioned in other books so I think our closure on other side stories from Crossfire will be explained over time.

I'm struggling getting time to read at the moment as a couple of friends have turned up out of the blue and we are out and about so I'm not getting much time to myself (thank heavens they didn't turn up last Monday!) so I'm having a great time shopping, eating and drinking but not able to give my books the quality time they deserve.

sme - get better soon, glad the illness has given you some time to read but it's much nicer reading when we are 100%.

13 hours ago, Mella said:

Just a few thoughts after reading the newer posts.  

Actually Cary and Eva did have doubts about the baby being his. They discussed this when Cary told Eva about the pregnancy. But he did say it was within the timeframe so he felt he had to step up. Eva discussed him getting a paternity test once the baby was born. Cary felt like he had to go with helping her because of how his own mother had used abortion as birth control and that haunted him. And remember Cary said something like he didn't think so, but just because you put a sock on it doesn't mean it can't happen.

I would still like to know if Dr. Terry Lucas would be charged with a crime. Of course, Gideon would have to go public and I don't know if they would want to go public with that or not.

In regards to Christopher and Chris. Chris said he didn't tell Christopher about Gideon. So you think Christopher, put together what happened to Gideon. I'm  not sure about that. It was still something I would like the full story on instead of guessing. I also couldn't figure out if someone told Christopher that his brother wanted to kill them all. Was that in Hugh's notes? That part was a little confusing, but I may need to reread.  This was such a big part of the book, that a quick talk with his dad and everything was hunky dory!

I know that you could deduce some things from what was written, but I like clarification on the major themes throughout the series. But that is just me. Yes, it was Gideon and Eva story but the other characters were woven in there so well (a tribute to Sylvia's writing) that I was invested in them as well.

About FSOG(Christian's pov) I probably will not buy the next one! The first one was 75% the same stuff. And while I realize there will be some crossover, there was really very little of it  was actually new text. I have read other series were authors wrote from the hero's pov and it was really all their thoughts and actions between the times and all new text. So I won't go there again unless I read reviews that it is better this time.

Thanks for reading and for all the other posts as well. They also make me think.

I guessed what Chris explained to Christopher  was the part that Hugh (according to his  notes)  was brain washing Christopher by telling him that  Gideon wanted to kill him and it was easy to believe that time  specially if Gideon was really a kid with too much anger and uncontrollable.  and this has been the root of their misunderstanding. 

8 hours ago, Sharonm745 said:

I noticed several people are upset with Gideon's comment to Victor about being intimate.  I don't read that scene the same as most of you.

He told Victor they would be mindful of his personal relationship with Eva.  They wouldn't be brazen but they would be intimate.  If they aren't brazen he doesn't plan on shocking Victor but they are married and will kiss, hug, and touch each other at times.  I don't expect that Gideon would have a red dress moment or a trip to NC moment with Victor as driver.   Eva would scream Crossfire loudly.  If Gideon wants to see to Eva's transportation fetish I'm sure he will have Angus or Raul in the drivers seat. 

I get the sense that Gideon is aware of some bridges he has to mend with Victor.  In my mind it is fair that he is being honest with him before he takes the job.  I can think of times that I wish my employer gave me additional information about what might be negatives before I said yes.  I agree that Victor will protect Eva more than anyone else. 

Agree completely Sharonm745, this was how I took Gideons statement also. That they would still cuddle etc the way they do in the back of the Bentley but that they would be more discreet than usual if Victor were driving the limo! 

Monicas' death was  shocking  and sad but I never thought it as out of placed. In every final installment of series there's always gonna be an  unpleasant twist or collateral damage  . and we all love Monica so it us all . it could  be any of them  Victor , Cary ,  Chris - but none of these characters  were as colorful and as curious and secretive as Monica. We would never asked why Victor do that? He was a simple cop a simple man  .. We knew everything about Cary  .. Chris was a as fine as dandy  .. So out of these characters Monica was the one who we would most asked and it has been in every book ?  Why does she value money so much  .. why was she on edge every time., why does she  wished Eva and Gideon a peaceful life out of the public.. why she opposed Eva so much about going against Corrine on  photo press   and why  she doesn't like Gideon  went on that interview?   Out of all the sub characters she was the one who has most contributions and very involved  on Evas life. Everything that she did was for Evas' welfare and the hidden twin sister.  

I did say it wasn't out of placed because Angus said  to Gideon in OWY that during that time when they're collecting  infos about Eva  - they still have that one guy who they paid to give them an update everytime something about the Tramell  ..  and  Eva was thinking  of getting in touch  with her  grandparents  .  Angus said  that the guy told them that the Tramell couple died and it raised a questioned why Monica did not mentioned it. Gideon has it on his mind , the  mystery of it and wanted to dig further and Angus  have had other  info about it already .   So the Monica backstory was brewing  ..its already taking its place  where it should be  . Monica Stanton was the third act .

It might be as s*** as to say  goodbye to Monica that way but I look at it at different perception. Sylvia Day sent her off  with flying colors  .. with me admiring Monica Stanton . The Brave  woman  .. who suffer in silence ,  who  unselfishly  left the man she truly loves so that she can protect her child and  take care  of her sister . Who must be scared everyday that the  one secret she  hid would be discover and it will break Eva , it will break Stanton , it will break Victor, it will break her. So knowing her backstory  and the way it ends  ..  was how it supposed to be .   

gah I wish Monica was shot  .. was on surgery  .. and was healing and she  will arrange the wedding again for Gideon and Eva  . I wish she wasn't the sacrificial lamb .. but Sylvia was different .  She didn't tell you how to spell  a HAPPY ENDING  ., she  gave you letters to spell HAPPY ENDING  .. and its just so happened we all are different readers with different opinion 

Like me  for an example.. Nipple sucking and fingering  (Jesus I cant believe Im saying this ..)  wasnt an act of sex or  F(&^***  .. but was a very sexual foreplay act  (i dont  even know if i said it right hope someone got what I mean  lol)  so for me  there's no inconsistency  on Gideons' behavior  when to use his pad. 

.  And thats make this forum interesting .. we get to read each others reasoning ..  so thats it for right now  .. 

IM really gonna miss Crossfire .. 

The bit that confused me most about Monica's storyline was that she met Victor before her husband died / was killed and therefore before she stole her sister in law Monica's identity. So did Victor first meet her as Lauren or Monica? Did she lie about her name with him from the outset? 

Also Jackson's death was ruled inconclusive therefore why did she have to steal Monica's identity? She wasn't being accused of anything so why change her name? 

Also if trying to hide her identity why give Eva her name "Lauren Trammell"? Surely it makes far more sense to give Eva the Reyes name. 

1. It covers her tracks better
  2. Victor wanted her to have his name
  3. Why would she fight to give her daughter the name of the man who abused both her and her sister? The man she killed? 
  4. Why not give Eva the Reyes name and drop the Trammell as soon as she remarried? 

It doesn't make any sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

3 hours ago, D500 said:

In response to a Facebook question as to whether we would hear more about Gideon and Eva Sylvia said

YES

which of course was inevitable if there is to be a book about Ireland (or is it that Ireland is in the Blacklist stories?)  As So Close had a snippet in One With You I did suspect there might be more about known characters, even if just mentions that answer questions.

As to reviews, I have no problem with anyone who wrote, as we have on here, that some story lines are not tied up, but some people on various sites really don't know how to phrase things politely and some are almost nasty in their comments.  Haven't they worked out by now that Sylvia writes everything with a reason, she drew Gideon and Eva's initial storyline to a close with them being well and truly together which was the purpose of the Crossfire series.  We've long known characters get mentioned in other books so I think our closure on other side stories from Crossfire will be explained over time.

I'm struggling getting time to read at the moment as a couple of friends have turned up out of the blue and we are out and about so I'm not getting much time to myself (thank heavens they didn't turn up last Monday!) so I'm having a great time shopping, eating and drinking but not able to give my books the quality time they deserve.

sme - get better soon, glad the illness has given you some time to read but it's much nicer reading when we are 100%.

First I want to congratulate you on spending time with friends, second for voicing my opinion as to reviews I have been trying to think of how I wanted to say things. Third I think I missed something, where in One With You did they mention So Close. I am rereading now and am on Chapter 6 (trying to read slowly to process) As I do not have Facebook I did not see that Sylvia said we would hear more about Gideon and Eva do you know if it is on Twitter?

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

The bit that confused me most about Monica's storyline was that she met Victor before her husband died / was killed and therefore before she stole her sister in law Monica's identity. So did Victor first meet her as Lauren or Monica? Did she lie about her name with him from the outset? 

Also Jackson's death was ruled inconclusive therefore why did she have to steal Monica's identity? She wasn't being accused of anything so why change her name? 

Also if trying to hide her identity why give Eva her name "Lauren Trammell"? Surely it makes far more sense to give Eva the Reyes name. 

1. It covers her tracks better
  2. Victor wanted her to have his name
  3. Why would she fight to give her daughter the name of the man who abused both her and her sister? The man she killed? 
  4. Why not give Eva the Reyes name and drop the Trammell as soon as she remarried? 

It doesn't make any sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

But she can't use the Reyes  because she and Victor were not married. Assuming ,  Victor would want to marry her she would have to come clean about her  real name  and her background. I mean  if Victor  found out she was the sister of a gang rape victim and she married the accused rapist  .. the shame and confusion  .. My best guess to why used the Monica Tramell because that name was clean  as the book said  the Tramells ' value their reputation.  ..  she has to give the Tramell to Eva because technically  she was married to him  . 

As long as Monica put Victor's name on the birth certificate ,the baby can have the dad's last name.  Eva did add Reyes to her list of last names when she married Gideon.  So Reyes is a legal name she can use so therefore he is on the birth certificate.  Plus I think Victor asked Monica to marry him while she was pregnant and after having Eva.  (he, not knowing she was already married ).

39 minutes ago, shan12 said:

As long as Monica put Victor's name on the birth certificate ,the baby can have the dad's last name.  Eva did add Reyes to her list of last names when she married Gideon.  So Reyes is a legal name she can use so therefore he is on the birth certificate.  Plus I think Victor asked Monica to marry him while she was pregnant and after having Eva.  (he, not knowing she was already married ).

Yes,  Eva did add  Reyes to her name   but that was after they got married when Gideon asked her.  So if Monica still opted to use Tramell for Eva then its for practicality reason  .. Keeping their lives  away from her past to be discovered .  Re: Victor  - I assumed he was a small time  cop and not really came from a wealthy family . I dont think he had what Monica  wants and needs  .. stability and security  and power that money could provide  on a  long term basis  .  

I was hoping Gideon would have been a bit tougher on Deanna. He took Eva's advice and offered her a job ..the whole keep your enemies closer thing. But she was behind writing the book of Corrine's. She was at one time hoping to profit from the sale of the sex tape.  (yes I know she informed Gideon about it, hoping to profit more from " getting him" or money from him re: the first to get the wedding pictures).  Would he have his security sweep her apartment and computers for a copy of the tape?  Deanna played Gideon. Why would she tell him about the "tell all book" of Corrine's, knowing at some point he would find out that she is the ghost writer?   Did she just want to see him and toy with him in hopes he would want her? She really is a snake in the grass. Talk about keeping a grudge about an "unfinished....on Gideon's part....one night stand"  Perhaps, as mentioned in other posts, that she was a patient of the Fake Doctor that Anne was portraying. She is unstable. Being a young sexually active woman in New York, why the hate towards Gideon for a one night stand that didn't turn out the way she wanted?  Couldn't have been her first disappointment in the bedroom. AS Eva told her..."way to represent the single modern woman". (Entwined).

She didn't get money for the wedding pictures...one point for Gideon...

She did possibly accept a job with Crossfire...one point Deanna...