Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Mark would still go in as the boss, Eva is still learning but Mark would probably have a bit more freedome with Gideon than he does just now and I think he would help Eva grow in her ambition but they would also benefit each other, they already have a good working environment 

Hi Sheens, 

Your theory is plausible.  It is true, Eva and Mark do have a good working relationship thus far. Thanks for the response.

The more I think about it.  I'm not sure that Gideon will put Eva on the 10th floor. I can see the 10th floor as Eva's foundation's office but I have a feeling he will want her actual office closer to his. 

Hi Sharon, 

If Eva's office won't be on the10-th floor then were do you think that Gideon would put her office?  Any ideas?

Do you ladies think that Eva will either... Stay in Waters Fields & Leaman, Go and work with Gideon in crisis management, or work on setting up her own foundation and run Crossroads?

I mean Crossroads is already up and running and Gideon has people to work on that. 

Hi Claudine, 

I think that Eva will start her own foundation and I think that she may also run Gideon's foundation as well (or she will contribute to it on a regular basis).  I am not sure that she would remain in advertising.  It doesn't seem like it is her life's dream to be in that field.

I thought that Mark would go in on the advertising side. In this position he would evaluate the RFPs from Waters Fields & Leaman.   Gideon wants Eva to handle crisis control like she did with the Deanna stuff. 

Hi Sharon, 

Do you think that Gideon will end up getting his way on this issue?  Eva seemed pretty adament that she didn't want to work for Gideon.  It is true that she was very good at crisis management but she absolutely didn't want to work for or with Gideon.  What do you think?

I think for sure she will be working in some respect with Gideon's company because it means so much to him.  And what did he say the Cross in Cross Industries would include her (that is not exactly how he put it). :)

And I think he even said that before they were married....

Hi Barb,

How do you think that Eva might negotiate working with Gideon?  She was worried about their "work lives" interferring with their personal time.  She was afraid that they would ending up bringing their work problems home.  Do you have any ideas about how they might get around this issue?

Hi Claudine & Everyone, 

Does anyone know how long it would take to set up a foundation?  I feel like our hands are tied because of the limited time span between all of the books.  It would be wonderful if we got to see this come to fruition.  :)

I'm not sure it really matters how long it takes to set up the foundation to the point where it is functioning completely.  There is time to begin the process, get input from Gideon, put Cary in place and start the paper work.  In real life, it takes time to get a foundation recognized as a 501 3c organization but there are many aspects that need to be put in place.  The state tax / corporation / foundation articles of incorporation can be set up and put in place in a couple days with the right connections and I'm sure Gideon has that.  It only took me five days and I don't know anybody with connections.

I think it will Nrock, it will give Cary some more coverage with the press and help him deal with his own issues as well seeing how him helping is helping other people.

I think Eva will still work either at Waters or in Gideons Empire but I think she will run the charity as well and Gideon will help her with support and encouragement, I don't think he would interfere too much with the charity stuff as he knows that is something she will want to do for herself.

She will work for Gideon because she is so loyal to him.  I remember his comment about her going to CrossTrainer even though she has a membership at another gym.  Gideon told her she will work on some of his competitors and (can't remember exactly) but basically she won't like feeling disloyal. 

Hi Sharon, 

If Eva's office won't be on the10-th floor then were do you think that Gideon would put her office?  Any ideas?

I haven't a clue.  I was just thinking about the plans to remodel the master bedroom so they are connected via a passageway.  Maybe Gideon will remodel the area around his office to connect their areas using Scott's office as a walkthru and Eva's assistant on the other side. Then again, the 10th floor could be it.  Maybe being too close will distract them from the work they need to do during the day.

Hi Sharon, 

Do you think that Gideon will end up getting his way on this issue?  Eva seemed pretty adament that she didn't want to work for Gideon.  It is true that she was very good at crisis management but she absolutely didn't want to work for or with Gideon.  What do you think?

I think Gideon will convince her that she will have autonomy and he will not put her in a position that she can't handle.  Her biggest concern is bringing work disagreements home with them.  If Gideon can convince her that they will leave disagreements at the office he has a new employee.  I still think her loyalty will ultimately bring her to Cross Industries.

I think the foundation will be a part of her job but that won't be full time.  She will definitely work for Gideon in advertising or crisis management.  He wants her there and she can't say no to him.  They are going to be a team with everything.

The more I think about it.  I'm not sure that Gideon will put Eva on the 10th floor. I can see the 10th floor as Eva's foundation's office but I have a feeling he will want her actual office closer to his. 

You have a good point there Sharon, he will want her really close to him so he can help as well as support her, I think she will work full time but yes the foundation will probably be part time and Eva, Mark & Gideon will all work closely together.

Gideon will probably keep his office on his floor but I suspect that Mark and Eva will work either at the other end of his floor or the floor below, somewhere close :)

I think for sure she will be working in some respect with Gideon's company because it means so much to him.  And what did he say the Cross in Cross Industries would include her (that is not exactly how he put it). :)

And I think he even said that before they were married....

He said " one day, the Cross in Cross Industries won't refer to just me..." WOW, Gideon sure doesn't waste any time!! LOL. :)

I remember that as well, can't wait now :)

Here is our Gideon 

1016551_169982996515437_451045905_n.jpg

Yum.. I love it in the morning when I get to work and get a chance to read the forums and see pictures like this.

I don't post much, I'm more of a reader. Everyone on this forum has great insight to the books and I enjoy reading others thoughts.

Thanks to all for sharing.

Yum.. I love it in the morning when I get to work and get a chance to read the forums and see pictures like this.

I don't post much, I'm more of a reader. Everyone on this forum has great insight to the books and I enjoy reading others thoughts.

Thanks to all for sharing.

Hi Stelladeer, 

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself. :)