Audio Book

Country914

As of now, it's planned to release all the Crossfire novels in hardcover collector's editions. I'm not sure if there will be a boxed set of them, though. I'll ask!

As for Jill, yes I had it put in the contract that all best efforts will be made to secure Jill as the narrator of all Crossfire books. :)

FYI

• 1 year later...

Well ladies I know some of us like the audio version of crossfire but I wanted to know what everyone thinks of the two narrators Jill Redfield and Jeremy York?

Also the Scottish accent for Angus made me giggle!!!!!!

Great to hear from you again ShazScott....Initially I hated the new narrator's voice I especially do not like when he does Eva's voice. I still love Jill's rendition of Gideon's voice and I love all the accents ...Angus and Manuel and Arnoldo... I like Mr. York's voice in the very dramatic parts but I still like Jill's the best. Maybe it is because I am so used to her. Love the elevator scene in Audible...I think its the best scene in all 4 books so far.

Great to hear from you again ShazScott....Initially I hated the new narrator's voice I especially do not like when he does Eva's voice. I still love Jill's rendition of Gideon's voice and I love all the accents ...Angus and Manuel and Arnoldo... I like Mr. York's voice in the very dramatic parts but I still like Jill's the best. Maybe it is because I am so used to her. Love the elevator scene in Audible...I think its the best scene in all 4 books so far.

Sscrph,  You did a great job explaining.  I did enjoy Jeremy, but his voice (being a man obviously) is so much different than Jill's and I am use to the Jill's Eva, Jill's Gideon and Jill's everyone else.  It was hard getting use to Jeremy's voice and hearing him narrate the book, but thankfully it didn't take anything away from enjoying the book.  

Up to a couple of days ago I'd not listened to anything from the audio books but after some comments in the spoilers thread I downloaded CBY and searched for the scene mentioned to hear how it sounded, listened to a chapter of the ale voice and one of the female. I preferred the male voice doing Gideon but not Eva , found it odd hearing the female doing Gideon (probably because I'd already heard the male version), and agree, hearing Angus scots accent was funny.

But it was good to hear how the words the characters say (rather than the scene setting) was put over as, although we can hear a voice in our heads saying the words, we can hear them internally in a way that does not always convey what the author intended - the tone of voice and the stress put on some words can change the meaning. Once time permits I will start with BTY and give the entire audio series a go.

I loved the storyline in CBY but hated the male narrator.  I have listened to the whole series narrated by Jill and changing it to a man (especially every other chapter) really confused my senses.  It's just not Gideon or Eva or anybody elses voice.

Yes I am getting used to him because I am now on my second listen but I like solo Jill much better. I absolutely do not like the way he does Eva's voice...

Up to a couple of days ago I'd not listened to anything from the audio books but after some comments in the spoilers thread I downloaded CBY and searched for the scene mentioned to hear how it sounded, listened to a chapter of the ale voice and one of the female. I preferred the male voice doing Gideon but not Eva , found it odd hearing the female doing Gideon (probably because I'd already heard the male version), and agree, hearing Angus scots accent was funny.But it was good to hear how the words the characters say (rather than the scene setting) was put over as, although we can hear a voice in our heads saying the words, we can hear them internally in a way that does not always convey what the author intended - the tone of voice and the stress put on some words can change the meaning. Once time permits I will start with BTY and give the entire audio series a go.

Yes D500 it is well worth your time...