SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I got it figured out MAYBE. Sylvia is super clever and might fool me. But anyways I think Clancy was stationed outside of Nathan's hotel the night he died watching Nathan's movements. Clancy sees Angus pull up and Gideon goes inside and quickly returns to the Bentley and leaves. Clancy knows Gideon was also a victim of Nathan's extortion attempts as well as Stanton. So quite possibly he assumes Gideon is there to pay Nathan off. We know from chapter 8 EWY that Clancy listens to a police scanner so Clancy hears on the scanner that a body as been found(confrimed as Nathan Barker by the credit card and photo i.d registered to the room) in the hotel. So Clancy is able to slip in before the police arrive and take the braclet and a few photos of Eva. Thing is with Clancy looks and demeanor the staff or anyone who might have seen him would have aasumed him to probably be a detective and not given a second thought. But I doubt anyone saw him to be honest he's too smart. With the braclet and photos he calls up his FBI brother and asks for a favor in planting the evidence on a fall guy. FBIBRO knows through survillence that Yedemsky has a hit ordered on him for screwing around with the daughter of another mob guy. Clancy gives his brother all the Nathan evidence and his brother plants it after Yedemsky is murder.

Hi Jennpenn, 

Wowie zowie lady! What a theory!  I can just picture you wearing a fedora and trench coat while walking around Nathan's hotel room, coming up with the scenario of how things played out.  :)

Your mention of the police scanner is interesting and potentially plausible.  I guess the main question would be; when was Nathan's body found?  I think that the progression of the theory would rest on that information.  If the body wasn't found immediately then I couldn't see Clancy hanging outside of Nathan's hotel room for an indefinite amount of time.  The longer that Clancy hangs out, the better the chance of being seen and later identified by some potential witness. 

My question would be how would Clancy's FBI brother know about the "hit"?  Wouldn't most mobsters tend to be hush hush on something like that?  Another quick question; how would Clancy know to take Nathan's bracelet?  Why would that be a piece of key evidence? 

Now I am thinking...You have given me a lot to think about!  Thank you for posting your theory.  :)

Sorry about double postings.

Hi Jennpenn, 

No worries. You should see the number of double postings I have accidentally posted.  I sometimes think that my computer is haunted.  Either that, or I might not know what I am doing.  It wouldn't surprise me, when it comes to my computer skills.  :)

Btw Gigi gnocchi are my favorite food and next time I will wear my priestess gown while I consume them...

OMW!!  I am roaring with laughter!!  My dogs are looking at me like I have lost my mind!  :)  :)  :) 

It's all good though, I'll just give them a treat and they will forgive my fits of laughter as a human thing!  :)

Which reminds me, I gnocchi for lunch today...leftovers...YUM!!  :)

I think I got it figured out MAYBE. Sylvia is super clever and might fool me. But anyways I think Clancy was stationed outside of Nathan's hotel the night he died watching Nathan's movements. Clancy sees Angus pull up and Gideon goes inside and quickly returns to the Bentley and leaves. Clancy knows Gideon was also a victim of Nathan's extortion attempts as well as Stanton. So quite possibly he assumes Gideon is there to pay Nathan off. We know from chapter 8 EWY that Clancy listens to a police scanner so Clancy hears on the scanner that a body as been found(confrimed as Nathan Barker by the credit card and photo i.d registered to the room) in the hotel. So Clancy is able to slip in before the police arrive and take the braclet and a few photos of Eva. Thing is with Clancy looks and demeanor the staff or anyone who might have seen him would have aasumed him to probably be a detective and not given a second thought. But I doubt anyone saw him to be honest he's too smart. With the braclet and photos he calls up his FBI brother and asks for a favor in planting the evidence on a fall guy. FBIBRO knows through survillence that Yedemsky has a hit ordered on him for screwing around with the daughter of another mob guy. Clancy gives his brother all the Nathan evidence and his brother plants it after Yedemsky is murder.

I can buy your theory to a point.  I don't think Clancy would call his FBI brother about planting evidence.  He wouldn't put his brother and his job with the FBI in jeopardy like that.  I can see Clancy outside watching Nathan, going in the hotel when Gideon leaves finding Nathan dead.  At that point I think Clancy took some evidence to plant.  Clancy then used information that his brother shared about Yedemsky messing with the big boss' daughter.  Clancy changed from following Nathan to following Yedemsky and when the opportunity presented itself, after the mob killed Yedemsky, Clancy planted the bracelet and photos giving Gideon an out or at a minimum reasonable doubt.

Btw Gigi gnocchi are my favorite food and next time I will wear my priestess gown while I consume them...

Hi Sscrph, 

I wasn't aware of the "dress code".  Thanks for letting me know.  I will have to wear a priestess gown when I eat gnocchi.  I made a huge faux pas, I ate them while wearing shorts and a tee-shirt.  Hey do you know where I can buy a "prietess gown"?  I checked out the Neiman Marcus website and the Saks website and they aren't selling any.  Maybe I should try K-Mart instead?  :D  :D

OMG I am LMFAO because I am reading backward and finally have read that priestess is a spelling error!! Thank God because I thought after reading 3 books I think the last thing Gideon would have wanted to see Eva in was a priestess gown !! Whatever that is anyway!! :) :)

I am still howling with laughter here!!  :D  :D 

I asked Sylvia if she ever comes on this site and reads any of our theories and she said no because she has to be a clean slate.

Maybe she can join the website after and have a good laugh at some of the things we all have written. I think she would howl with laughter over some of our discussions. :)

I didn't catch it until someone mentioned it! It was pretty funny... Not that you made the mistake but the picture I had in my head of the dress lol :)

I was starting to think that I missed  something in the book, so I started scouring the book for the missing "priestess gown"...:) 

I agree completely.  If Nathan came to Monica, Stanton would deal with it.  Monica told Eva after she saw Nathan in front of Crossfire Stanton agreed to pay him off.

Hi Sharon, 

How much time passed between Monica seeing Nathan outside of the Crossfire Building and Stanton agreeing to pay Nathan's blackmail demands?  Do you know?  Does anyone know?

Also how much time passed between Stanton agreeing to pay Nathan's blackmail demands and Nathan's murder?  Does anyone know?

Nrock totally agree with you also AND I look forward to an encounter between MommyCa and the Lizard as wedding plans are being made. Monica may have some very undesirable qualities but she loves her daughter to the point of obsession and she won't stand for anyone who tries to do her daughter harm...PITY THE FOOL as Mr.T would say!!!

I think we may even see a show-down between these two "mothers".    Monica is thrilled over the match while Elizabeth is spitting nails over having Eva as a potential daughter-in-law (ahh, if she only knew the real truth...:)).  I wonder what will happen.  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

I can buy your theory to a point.  I don't think Clancy would call his FBI brother about planting evidence.  He wouldn't put his brother and his job with the FBI in jeopardy like that.  I can see Clancy outside watching Nathan, going in the hotel when Gideon leaves finding Nathan dead.  At that point I think Clancy took some evidence to plant.  Clancy then used information that his brother shared about Yedemsky messing with the big boss' daughter.  Clancy changed from following Nathan to following Yedemsky and when the opportunity presented itself, after the mob killed Yedemsky, Clancy planted the bracelet and photos giving Gideon an out or at a minimum reasonable doubt.

You make a good point about Clancy asking his brother to help him commit a crime.  That has been my challenge with all of the theories that suggest supposed sane, rational, characters would commit crimes, cover up crimes or commit murders for their employers.  It seems like a real stretch.  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

Hi Jennpenn,

Wowie zowie lady! What a theory! I can just picture you wearing a fedora and trench coat while walking around Nathan's hotel room, coming up with the scenario of how things played out. :)

Your mention of the police scanner is interesting and potentially plausible. I guess the main question would be; when was Nathan's body found? I think that the progression of the theory would rest on that information. If the body wasn't found immediately then I couldn't see Clancy hanging outside of Nathan's hotel room for an indefinite amount of time. The longer that Clancy hangs out, the better the chance of being seen and later identified by some potential witness.

My question would be how would Clancy's FBI brother know about the "hit"? Wouldn't most mobsters tend to be hush hush on something like that? Another quick question; how would Clancy know to take Nathan's bracelet? Why would that be a piece of key evidence?

Now I am thinking...You have given me a lot to think about! Thank you for posting your theory. :)

Clancy would know of the significance of the braclet from Monica. Eva remembered the braclet and most likely so did Monica. Clancy would have educated himself on everything possible about Nathan. I don't think Clancy would sit outside Nathan's hotel indefinitely but he probably did stake outs at night to monitor his movments knowing that Eva was at home and Angus tailed her during the day. I have always thought Clancy didn't have close tabs on Nathan the night Cary was attacked because he knew Eva was safely out of town. He even admitted it was a miscalculation on his part. After Cary's beating I believe he stepped the survelliance. I don't believe Yedemsky was the subject of the FBI(the FBI handle organized crime not local police) surveillance but someone much higher up in the organization. With wire taps, video and maybe an undercover agent and a hit ordered on Yedemsky could have easily been known to the FBI.

I can buy your theory to a point. I don't think Clancy would call his FBI brother about planting evidence. He wouldn't put his brother and his job with the FBI in jeopardy like that. I can see Clancy outside watching Nathan, going in the hotel when Gideon leaves finding Nathan dead. At that point I think Clancy took some evidence to plant. Clancy then used information that his brother shared about Yedemsky messing with the big boss' daughter. Clancy changed from following Nathan to following Yedemsky and when the opportunity presented itself, after the mob killed Yedemsky, Clancy planted the bracelet and photos giving Gideon an out or at a minimum reasonable doubt.

Very possible

Clancy would know of the significance of the braclet from Monica. Eva remembered the braclet and most likely so did Monica. Clancy would have educated himself on everything possible about Nathan. I don't think Clancy would sit outside Nathan's hotel indefinitely but he probably did stake outs at night to monitor his movments knowing that Eva was at home and Angus tailed her during the day. I have always thought Clancy didn't have close tabs on Nathan the night Cary was attacked because he knew Eva was safely out of town. He even admitted it was a miscalculation on his part. After Cary's beating I believe he stepped the survelliance. I don't believe Yedemsky was the subject of the FBI(the FBI handle organized crime not local police) surveillance but someone much higher up in the organization. With wire taps, video and maybe an undercover agent and a hit ordered on Yedemsky could have easily been known to the FBI.

Hi Jennpenn, 

You make an interesting argument for your theory.  It will all depend on how dedicated Clancy is to Monica and Eva.  It almost seems like extra ordinary behaviour for someone who is supposed be doing bodyguard/chauffeuring duties.  It is at this point, plausible because we have so little information. 

Your theory requires a lot of dots to be connected, but I am open to ideas.  We have very little to go on thus far.  I wonder if Sylvia will give us a snippet or two to help us establish our theories a little more.  I hope  so.  :)