SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi GiGi,

Gideon thinks Mommica is stronger than she lets on. He reached this conclusion about his moother-in-law-to-be after their long conversation over the phone, when the Victorgate blew off, and Eva didn't feel up to coping with her other parent too.

We still don't know what hardships Mommica had to go through to face life with a kid in tow.... but she must have hardened in ways we cannot fathom yet.  I don't see her as someone who happens to unknowningly get involved into anything. She had the tracking devices planted everywhere around Eva, she managed to cheat on Stanton, she already divorced twice.... she may be a blonde, but she's not naive!

Hi Gabri, 

You make a compelling argument for Monica's strength.  What I wonder is whether Monica was initially that strong after she found she was pregnant and when she got thrown out of her home.  I wonder if she acquired her strength over the years or whether she came charging out of the gate that way.   

My suggestion of the loan sharks and mob thing came from a thought that sometimes women don't know what goes on in their marriages.  For some people, Gambling can be a severe addiction and I wonder if Monica was so self-absorbed to notice that her husband was gambling all the money away?  Monica was completely checked out her first marriage to the point that her daughter was being tortured and brutally raped for four years.  So I had to wonder if Monica may have checked out in a different way.  Maybe she became hyper-obsessed with her daughter's safety so she took her eyes off of the family finances (or some such thing).  It is just a thought.  What do you think?   

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Barb & Julie, 

Could it be that Eva took Brett back up to her apartment because she saw Deanna in the lobby of her building and knew this woman's tricks about how to get information out of someone.  Could it also be that Eva knew that Brett might spill some information about what Eva was like when she was younger and with him?  Could it also be that Eva took Brett back upstairs because she wanted to give Deanna the false impression (and the police by proxy) that she had moved on with her life and was now seeing someone else?  What do you ladies think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi

I like that. She could be keeping up the pretence that she is single and can see who she wants. If not the police keeping an eye on her, Deanna definitely is.

Hi Jewhite611,

Welcome to the fo rum.  I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

In response to some of your questions, it was my understanding that Eva made Clancy aware that the jig was up.  She knew that she was being tracked and she didn't appreciate it one bit. 

I think that the only person who knows that Gideon killed Nathan is Eva.  I don't think that Gideon would have confessed to his lawyer about committing a murder.  I think that the lawyer would be under some kind of legal obligation to report a crime, but there are others who are experts (lawyers) in the forum who would be able to answer that question with a certain accuracy. 

I personally don't think that Detective Graves is on Gideon's side whatsoever.  I think that she would absolutely pin Nathan's murder on Gideon if she had enough evidence, but thus far she doesn't.  She only has her own suppositions and speculations.  She doesn't have a shred of evidence (finger prints, blood, fibres, photos, surveilence footage, eye witnesses, etc.) against Gideon so she can't procede.  What does everyone else think?

Totally agree about Graves, there are no personal feelings involved here( although I think she thinks Victor is Hot) At the end of the day she is always a cop doing her best to solve a murder case...also agree that Gideon would never confess his crime to anyone; he really didn't even confess to Eva ; Graves let the cat out of the bag on that ...

Hi Gigi

I like that. She could be keeping up the pretence that she is single and can see who she wants. If not the police keeping an eye on her, Deanna definitely is.

Yes I agree Eva is still keeping up the pretense that her and Gideon are separated just like at the Times Square event ... she even backed away from Christopher and Gideon when they started talking about Corinne to drive that point home . I did notice however that Deanna seemed pleased that Eva was with Brett. I agree with Eva; Deanna is still hot for Gideon and actually thinks she has a chance with him ; I also think that is why she dropped the bomb about that sex tape - she wanted to break them up ...Deanna isn't dumb she knows Gideon is HOT for Eva she just doesn't know how passionately, completely, and obsessively in love he is with her... I don't think she thinks he's capable of it that's why she cant get a clue...

Hi Fayeth, 

I agree.  I think that Monica and Elizabeth will get into the "mother" of all "freaking" fights!  I can't see Elizabeth Vidal being too pleased about the fact that her son is marrying someone she clearly dislikes.  Eva has confronted Elizabeth Vidal at least three times that I can remember (someone correct me if I am wrong) and each exchange between these two women has become increasingly hostile after each fight.  So somehow I can't see Elizabeth Vidal suddenly making nice with anyone from Eva's clan for the "wedding of the year". 

I can see Monica and Stanton paying for the wedding but I am not sure how much Victor could contribute to such an extravagent event on a cop's salary.  I could also see Gideon possibly stepping in to pay for the wedding as well (if finances posed a problem for anyone). 

I didn't see any lengthy discussions about the prenup.  Could you let me know which thread those discussions were please?  Thanks in advance. 

My understanding was that if Gideon and Eva were to divorce, they were obliged to seek marital couseling and mediation.  I agree with your comments.  It is clear that Gideon loves Eva dearly and even if the worst were to happen to them, he wants to ensure that she is provided for emotionally as well as financially.  What does everyone think?

I think Gideon will pay for the wedding so Victor won't have to be comparing his salary to Stanton's again...

Thanks for replies ladies!! He did indeed look amazing, feel slightly guilty at having naughty Gideon thoughts at church lol!! ;)

Well I can attest to having naughty Gideon thoughts all the time and it is working in my husbands favor LOL... As far as church goes I just have to hope that the priests sermon will be interesting enough to banish my naughty thoughts at least for an hour LOL!!

I just tweeted her this time but she does answer emails on www.sylviaday.com

Thanks jennpenn, I got a reply last night to say sorry but with her travelling she has not been able to catch every Tweet that comes in, I did ask her 3 questions for book 4 but I think I shall re-tweet them to her later in the week once she is back to her normal routine

Hi Fayeth, 

I agree.  I think that Monica and Elizabeth will get into the "mother" of all "freaking" fights!  I can't see Elizabeth Vidal being too pleased about the fact that her son is marrying someone she clearly dislikes.  Eva has confronted Elizabeth Vidal at least three times that I can remember (someone correct me if I am wrong) and each exchange between these two women has become increasingly hostile after each fight.  So somehow I can't see Elizabeth Vidal suddenly making nice with anyone from Eva's clan for the "wedding of the year". 

I can see Monica and Stanton paying for the wedding but I am not sure how much Victor could contribute to such an extravagent event on a cop's salary.  I could also see Gideon possibly stepping in to pay for the wedding as well (if finances posed a problem for anyone). 

I didn't see any lengthy discussions about the prenup.  Could you let me know which thread those discussions were please?  Thanks in advance. 

My understanding was that if Gideon and Eva were to divorce, they were obliged to seek marital couseling and mediation.  I agree with your comments.  It is clear that Gideon loves Eva dearly and even if the worst were to happen to them, he wants to ensure that she is provided for emotionally as well as financially.  What does everyone think? 

Yes I got that too from the Pre-nup

I think Monica will pay for the wedding but I don't see Lizard and Mommica being that friendly at the wedding, it depends if Lizard even goes, we don't know how far into the book it will be and if Lizard still does not believe Gideon they may become more estranged than they already are 

Personally I think Eva's messages of a possible future are screaming at Brett.  We are getting Eva's pov.  She is very honest about her feelings when Brett leaves, she is breathing heavy, she won't tell him she doesn't like the Golden video, etc. etc.  Cary told her just say no but she can't.  I think that is very different from the fact that we know Gideon's mixed signals to Corinne (right or wrong) were to protect Eva from Nathan.  I think Eva is playing with fire and it is going to blow up soon.

LN hope you had a nice vacation.

Well Sharon when you say it like that I have to predict that Brett Kline will be the first recipient of the Krav Maga...

Yes I got that too from the Pre-nup

I think Monica will pay for the wedding but I don't see Lizard and Mommica being that friendly at the wedding, it depends if Lizard even goes, we don't know how far into the book it will be and if Lizard still does not believe Gideon they may become more estranged than they already are

I don't think Lizard would ever miss Gideon's wedding ...that is ; if she's invited !!! LOL

Yes I agree Eva is still keeping up the pretense that her and Gideon are separated just like at the Times Square event ... she even backed away from Christopher and Gideon when they started talking about Corinne to drive that point home . I did notice however that Deanna seemed pleased that Eva was with Brett. I agree with Eva; Deanna is still hot for Gideon and actually thinks she has a chance with him ; I also think that is why she dropped the bomb about that sex tape - she wanted to break them up ...Deanna isn't dumb she knows Gideon is HOT for Eva she just doesn't know how passionately, completely, and obsessively in love he is with her... I don't think she thinks he's capable of it that's why she cant get a clue...

What is it with this man that drives all his ex's to a form of insanity? He is their ultimate male! The way he treated them, would have sent most women running in the other direction. Just because he had money, hot looks, and could seduce a woman by looking at her(hmmmm), his encore sucked!

These women are doing what Eva did a few years ago. Chasing after a man whose not interested in them. Willing to do whatever to get in his pants. Both Corinne and Deanna are manipulating Gideon into a corner, which will not be pretty when Mr Clueless finally twigs, and comes out fighting.

What is it with this man that drives all his ex's to a form of insanity? He is their ultimate male! The way he treated them, would have sent most women running in the other direction. Just because he had money, hot looks, and could seduce a woman by looking at her(hmmmm), his encore sucked!

These women are doing what Eva did a few years ago. Chasing after a man whose not interested in them. Willing to do whatever to get in his pants. Both Corinne and Deanna are manipulating Gideon into a corner, which will not be pretty when Mr Clueless finally twigs, and comes out fighting.

It is like the women who are drawn to Bad Boy attitudes isn't it, they stalk them as well if they are neglected, very sad really :(

LMAO.  This really mad me laugh.  I understand sometimes I go back to read my post and wonder what was I thinking or trying to type.  laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif

LMAO.  This really mad me laugh.  I understand sometimes I go back to read my post and wonder what was I thinking or trying to type.  laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif

This is possibly the funniest smiley face i have ever seen!

I can buy your theory to a point.  I don't think Clancy would call his FBI brother about planting evidence.  He wouldn't put his brother and his job with the FBI in jeopardy like that.  I can see Clancy outside watching Nathan, going in the hotel when Gideon leaves finding Nathan dead.  At that point I think Clancy took some evidence to plant.  Clancy then used information that his brother shared about Yedemsky messing with the big boss' daughter.  Clancy changed from following Nathan to following Yedemsky and when the opportunity presented itself, after the mob killed Yedemsky, Clancy planted the bracelet and photos giving Gideon an out or at a minimum reasonable doubt.

That sounds like a very good theory!! I think you are on to something!

I don't think Lizard would ever miss Gideon's wedding ...that is ; if she's invited !!! LOL

There's always the chance that Gideon will have confronted his Mom as Eva has wanted and they have mended thier riff in time for a HEA grand bash wedding.  And since we know the next books will be address Gideon's issues there is the likelyhood that all the drama will be resolved in time for the wedding.    

There's always the chance that Gideon will have confronted his Mom as Eva has wanted and they have mended thier riff in time for a HEA grand bash wedding.  And since we know the next books will be address Gideon's issues there is the likelyhood that all the drama will be resolved in time for the wedding.    

That is what I am hoping for as well :)

:)

Hi Fayeth, 

Hi GiGi,

I disagree with you a little.  I think Elizabeth is getting more hostile with Eva because she is making Liz look at past actions.  It is very important to Eva to help Gideon heal and Eva thinks part of that healing will be forgiveness.  Eva is going to work extra hard to get Liz & Gideon together to talk and once they have their talk both will begin to move forward.  Liz will change her feelings towards Eva as her and Gideon get closer.  Liz & Sr. & Ireland will attend the wedding. I'm not sure about Jr yet.