SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Orangeena,

I am not a lawyer either but I do know that a lawyer cant' just listen to his client tell him how he/she committed a murder and then the lawyer can go into court and argue that their client is innocent. I agree there is client-attorney privilege which is absolutely true but a lawyer can't go into court and lie to the court and tell the judge that his/her client is innocent. I hope that someone in the forum who is a legal expert can chime in to clarify this point.

Your theory about Detective Graves is just as plausible as anyone else's. Thanks for the discussion. :)

Most lawyers don't try to prove innocence...even with an innocent client. They argue not guilty. The difference being they don't have to volunteer any information about why the client is innocent which could be in conflict with what they know, just reasons why the prosecution isn't correct with their charges. It's true a lawyer can't present anything that would perjure themself, but all they need to do is poke holes to create reasonable doubt. Even before the mafia tangle, Gideon's case would have been nothing but a bunch of circumstantial evidence and it would be easy to argue "you can't prove it" to everything the prosecution had, even if Gideon had confessed to him. I'm sure cases with solid evidence are harder for the lawyer, if they have a confession, but luckily gideon was too smart to leave any traces behind. :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sheens, 

It could be that Monica pays for the wedding.  Another forum member had suggested that Gideon might pay for the wedding and I thought that might also be a nice idea.  It would take Victor off the "hook" because there would be no way he could afford such an extravagent affair.  It might also relieve any potential tension that a situation like this might create between Victor and Stanton.  What do you think?

I see where that could work as Eva probably does not want Stanton to pay and knows her father will not be able to afford it but I think Victor will want to contribute to something as not to hurt his pride

I am thinking if we have two more books to go before the series is finished, the happily-ever-after  may not come until the fifth book.  I wonder if the next book will have another cliff hanger?  Will Monica smash cake in Elizabeth Vidal's face at the wedding?  Will one woman pull the hair out of the other woman's scalp? 

That is what I thought GiGi, that is why I think the wedding will be the end of book 5 for the HEA, I will probably be proven wrong but just my thoughts

That is what I thought GiGi, that is why I think the wedding will be the end of book 5 for the HEA, I will probably be proven wrong but just my thoughts

Hi Sheens, 

Anything is possible I am sure.  I have learned from reading Sylvia's books to never count on knowing that the ending will be.  So I think I will just go with the flow (or so the saying goes).  I wonder how Sylvia is going to tie up the whole "mob" thing?  How would one be able to fit in a wedding in between a storyline like that?  It certainly would be action packed! :)

I see where that could work as Eva probably does not want Stanton to pay and knows her father will not be able to afford it but I think Victor will want to contribute to something as not to hurt his pride

Hi Sheens, 

Maybe everyone will have the opportunity to pay for something.  That way, no one will be disincluded and everyone will fill like they had an opporuntiy to contribute something and Gideon can still pay for a majority of the wedding.  What do you think?

Most lawyers don't try to prove innocence...even with an innocent client. They argue not guilty. The difference being they don't have to volunteer any information about why the client is innocent which could be in conflict with what they know, just reasons why the prosecution isn't correct with their charges. It's true a lawyer can't present anything that would perjure themself, but all they need to do is poke holes to create reasonable doubt. Even before the mafia tangle, Gideon's case would have been nothing but a bunch of circumstantial evidence and it would be easy to argue "you can't prove it" to everything the prosecution had, even if Gideon had confessed to him. I'm sure cases with solid evidence are harder for the lawyer, if they have a confession, but luckily gideon was too smart to leave any traces behind. :)

Hi Orangeena,

I am so glad that Gideon never left any traces of evidence behind!  I can breathe a huge sigh of relief!  Sigh! :)

Hi Sheens, 

Anything is possible I am sure.  I have learned from reading Sylvia's books to never count on knowing that the ending will be.  So I think I will just go with the flow (or so the saying goes).  I wonder how Sylvia is going to tie up the whole "mob" thing?  How would one be able to fit in a wedding in between a storyline like that?  It certainly would be action packed! :)

I agree, you think you have it sussed then Sylvia puts something else in and you get moved around with your thoughts LOL..  The mob thing made me wonder as well but I have this funny feeling that it is not going to be as drastic as we are thinking, I think we will be right about Clancy or Clancy/Angus together and not such a big deal.  I personally don't think anyone will get shot, if you go down that road you could end up with 7 books as SD has said that book 4 is going to deal with a lot of Gideon issues so I am thinking the Mob/mafia thing will not be a bid deal and the case will be closed for good, end of that story.  I could be wrong I am known to be LOL :P

Good choice! :)

it was the way SD described him with the Latin looks and hotness, and Benjamin Bratt to me is Hot for an older gentleman and such a good actor and he has done police rolls so I thought he would be ideal. 

it was the way SD described him with the Latin looks and hotness, and Benjamin Bratt to me is Hot for an older gentleman and such a good actor and he has done police rolls so I thought he would be ideal. 

He is the perfect age for the role of Victor.  He is also very good looking.  Good choice! :) 

I would go so far as to say that Brett doesn't love Eva but loved how Eva looked at him, threw herself at him, worshiped him.  Big difference...I think that Brett misses his muse.  I too, am so suspicious about that sex tape.  Look at the graphic nature of that video.  How on earth could Brett have justified that it would be ok to share that with the world?  Wouldn't he know that would be humiliating to Eva or at the very least very embarrassing?   What does everyone think?

I'm not sure Brett would be clued into how embarrassed and humiliated Eva would have been about the music video. For people in the entertainment business, publicity is life blood. They thrive on it and need it and it keeps them in the public eye. Also, from what I see happening in the world of Facebook (though I don't belong) and Instagram and all the other media sharing platforms, many people of Eva and Brett's generation feel differently about sharing intimate details about their lives. After all, what Brett knew about Eva wasn't much besides she was fun, convenient, and a great f*ck. He didn't know her or her trauma or her new life style. He may have been, and was, clueless about what her reaction would be. Poor dumb cluck may have been thinking she'd be pleased because he was publicly declaring his love and muse.

Please don't think I'm saying that everyone on Facebook is like that, just that I think there is a different mind set for every generation. Sometimes I can't believe it when my daughter has shown me examples of what some people post!

The real sex tape is another thing, however. I don't imagine Yinara ((sp?) would have showed it to him or that Brett would think it was ok. Yimara is probably just trying to make a quick buck by capitalizing on the Eva video. Sure it probably wouldn't have bothered Brett personally, but I don't think he'd be stupid enough not to understand how most girls would react. After all, he's trying hard to get back in her life.

I agree, you think you have it sussed then Sylvia puts something else in and you get moved around with your thoughts LOL..  The mob thing made me wonder as well but I have this funny feeling that it is not going to be as drastic as we are thinking, I think we will be right about Clancy or Clancy/Angus together and not such a big deal.  I personally don't think anyone will get shot, if you go down that road you could end up with 7 books as SD has said that book 4 is going to deal with a lot of Gideon issues so I am thinking the Mob/mafia thing will not be a bid deal and the case will be closed for good, end of that story.  I could be wrong I am known to be LOL :P

Hi Sheens, 

I have to admit that whole "mob" thing threw me for a loop too.  I don't think that we will have to deal with this issue for several chapters.  Sylvia may just deal with this entire storyline in a few clever paragraphs (well at least one can hope).  I don't if anyone will be shot.  If someone is shot, I am sure that the storyline would be set up in such a way as to tie up lose ends (a clear situation of danger or absolute self-defense). 

I really hope that we get to see Gideon deal with his issues.  I think that may be a majority of the storyline.  I think that Sylvia will weave and then loop all of the other accessory storylines so that in the end we the readers won't be left with huge questions like; was Tatiana actually pregnant with Cary's child, did Monica leave Stanton and wind up with Victor.  I don't think that Sylvia would be so cruel as to leave her faithful readers hanging.  Those  are just my thoughts.  :)   

I'm not sure Brett would be clued into how embarrassed and humiliated Eva would have been about the music video. For people in the entertainment business, publicity is life blood. They thrive on it and need it and it keeps them in the public eye. Also, from what I see happening in the world of Facebook (though I don't belong) and Instagram and all the other media sharing platforms, many people of Eva and Brett's generation feel differently about sharing intimate details about their lives. After all, what Brett knew about Eva wasn't much besides she was fun, convenient, and a great f*ck. He didn't know her or her trauma or her new life style. He may have been, and was, clueless about what her reaction would be. Poor dumb cluck may have been thinking she'd be pleased because he was publicly declaring his love and muse.

Please don't think I'm saying that everyone on Facebook is like that, just that I think there is a different mind set for every generation. Sometimes I can't believe it when my daughter has shown me examples of what some people post!

The real sex tape is another thing, however. I don't imagine Yinara ((sp?) would have showed it to him or that Brett would think it was ok. Yimara is probably just trying to make a quick buck by capitalizing on the Eva video. Sure it probably wouldn't have bothered Brett personally, but I don't think he'd be stupid enough not to understand how most girls would react. After all, he's trying hard to get back in her life.

I agree with you there Nrock :)

I agree, Nrock. We also need to remember that the video is a visualisation of the Golden lyrics. Eva never expressed to Brett or anyone that she was unhappy with the song Golden or how it portrayed her. And while I get the difference - an idea or a suggestion in a lyric compared to having it acted out for the world to see.

It probably never even occurred to Brett that she wouldn't like the video. Was that nieve of him, yes but I don't think he made the video to hurt Eva, he was trying to remind her of the 'good times' same as the song was supposed to do. When he released Golden he was trying to get her back, even though he had no clue where she was or what she was doing. He was hoping she'd hear the song and turn up at a concert or get in touch. I think the video was just another extension of that.

Brett doesnt understand that Eva is ashamed of her past both with him and in general. And why should he? He's not ashamed of any of it. And Eva has never told him anything to make him think she might be.

Hi Sheens, 

I have to admit that whole "mob" thing threw me for a loop too.  I don't think that we will have to deal with this issue for several chapters.  Sylvia may just deal with this entire storyline in a few clever paragraphs (well at least one can hope).  I don't if anyone will be shot.  If someone is shot, I am sure that the storyline would be set up in such a way as to tie up lose ends (a clear situation of danger or absolute self-defense). 

I really hope that we get to see Gideon deal with his issues.  I think that may be a majority of the storyline.  I think that Sylvia will weave and then loop all of the other accessory storylines so that in the end we the readers won't be left with huge questions like; was Tatiana actually pregnant with Cary's child, did Monica leave Stanton and wind up with Victor.  I don't think that Sylvia would be so cruel as to leave her faithful readers hanging.  Those  are just my thoughts.  :)   

I am hoping the Mafia issue like you said will be dealt with in a couple of paragraphs or at least half of a chapter so it does not go on and on and I am sure that in book 4 Gideon will deal with lots of his issues to get to that HEA which I think will be the end of book 5, I would love the wedding in book 4 but something makes me feel it will be nearer the end of the last book. 

Hi Julie

I think you're absolutely right .I don't much care about Brett and what he is feeling and what he feels wouldn't be relevant if I didn't feel that Eva reciprocates some of those feelings.I badly like everyone else want her and Gideon to be happy together without the exes but every time she interacts with Brett I can't help feeling she's gonna mess up in a big way .What is it do you think about Brett for Eva ?

Hiya

Before Eva's dad put her in touch with Dr Travis, Eva's self-respect and self esteem were non existent. She debased herself, throwing herself at Brett at every opportunity, she wanted and needed to be loved. She was desperately ashamed of her past, doing what she did.

She hoped Brett would fill that void, but all he wanted was the sex. Didn't care where he got it, he was an immature boy, he still is to some extent.

Eva needs to go to SD to lay her ghosts to rest. She needs to sort out her relationship with Brett once and for all.