SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I agree. Nearly every time she talks to him or sees him, she's still talking about how hot he is....how great his body is....how seductive his voice is. If she had truly let go by now, she wouldn't be nearly as phased by his looks or voice. She's still reconciling her feelings for him. And, finding out your ex that treated you like crap not only wants you back, but has been using you as his muse? Well if that's not an ego boost, I don't know what is. I think she's using his interest in the same way she used to use the s*x...as a cheap way to make herself feel better. I don't think for a minute she'll cheat on gideon, but she needs Dr. Travis ASAP!

Hi Orangeena, 

You make a good point.  Maybe Eva's ego has been boosted by the fact that Brett sees Eva as his muse.  I agree with you, the trip to see Dr. Travis couldn't come at a better time.  I think that maybe Eva is reacting the way that she has been because of all of the other stresses.  Gideon killed Nathan for her, her mother has been putting tracking devices in her compact mirror and she was also betrayed because her mother's gift of the Rolex didn't mean for Monica what it did for Eva.  Monica gave Eva that watch and used it to  track her daughter's movements; whereas Eva saw that gift as something very precious because of her graduation from school. 

Eva also has to deal with the fact that her father; her hero committed adultery with her mother (whom is is deeply disappointed with) and that her step-father had been cheated.  To add a little icing on this cake Eva has to deal with the fact that because of Cary's foolish actions, he may now be stuck with a woman whom he doesn't love and he may be the father of Tatiana's baby.  I think that's a lot to deal with.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?  :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See my post from today on another thread...

Posted Today, 02:17 PM

Barb55, on 15 Jun 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:snapback.png

So this topic in chapter 10 has been really bugging me, so I have emailed, face booked, and sent several twitter message to Sylvia.  She finally had some spare time LOL and sent a reply.  WooHoo....!!  

This was my question...

Barbara Murray â€@luvmcdreamy24 Jun

@SylDay Chapter 10 in EWY is the short phone conversation that Gideon has in reference to drawing up the prenup?? Please??

Expand 

And this is what she said!!!  :)

Sylvia Day ~ Author â€@SylDay

16m

@luvmcdreamy We only know what Eva knows, but I'd guess yes.  :)

Expand 

Love Love these books and this author...!!!!!!!

See my post from today on another thread...

Posted Today, 02:17 PM

Barb55, on 15 Jun 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:snapback.png

So this topic in chapter 10 has been really bugging me, so I have emailed, face booked, and sent several twitter message to Sylvia.  She finally had some spare time LOL and sent a reply.  WooHoo....!!  

This was my question...

Barbara Murray â€@luvmcdreamy24 Jun

@SylDay Chapter 10 in EWY is the short phone conversation that Gideon has in reference to drawing up the prenup?? Please??

Expand 

And this is what she said!!!  :)

Sylvia Day ~ Author â€@SylDay

16m

@luvmcdreamy We only know what Eva knows, but I'd guess yes.  :)

Expand 

Love Love these books and this author...!!!!!!!

This is awesome! Thanks for pulling it all together for me. Love Sylvia and this story too! <3

I really really hope she doesn't cheat ,I've had low grade anxiety about cheating since we came across Brett and he made her feel stuff.Its very tough to predict/relate to the actions of people who have gone through and are as damaged as Eva and Gideon ,Sylvia says she's the narrator so who knows where these two characters will take her but I hope it's not down that road.

I agree but I really can't see Eva or Gideon giving up what they have for a roll in the hay with someone else.  I hate when I really like a character and they take that path.  It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I recently read a book where the main character got drunk and ended up in bed, but never did anything, with a guy.  I just couldn't cheer for her anymore.

I really don't think that Eva will cheat.  Look at what she has with Gideon.  Here's a man who loves her unconditionally; flaws and all!  I don't think that she would risk that.  I wonder however if Brett might force himself on Eva and what would happen if Gideon walked in at the wrong moment?  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

I really don't think that Eva will cheat.  Look at what she has with Gideon.  Here's a man who loves her unconditionally; flaws and all!  I don't think that she would risk that.  I wonder however if Brett might force himself on Eva and what would happen if Gideon walked in at the wrong moment?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

They wouldn't cheat but if Brett tried something and Gideon walked in. He will kill again

Your first statement is comforting until I go back for a re-read then I'll pick up stuff and drive myself crazy again.For instance when She told Brett she was going to SD she specified "just me and Cary"why ?Anyway ....totally understand about not being able to cheer for a character that crosses that line it sort of damages the integrity of the character.

Eva was horrified what her mother did. Even though she's not keen on Stanton, it really upset her knowing what her mother did with her father. Trust me. She will be ok in SD. The fan base will go against her if she cheats on Gideon.

I agree.  I don't think that I could cheer for a character who crossed that kind of "moral" line.  That being said, I don't think that Eva will cheat.   She just needs to pluck up her courage a little and deal with Brett.  I think that Dr. Travis will be key in her letting that one go.  What does everyone think?

Hi Julie,

Do you think that Eva needs to have a face to face with Brett?  Why would she actually need to physically see that man?  What is your reasoning for this?   You are completely on the money about Brett being immature both then and now!  I agree with you.  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi

She has stopped running. She needs to talk to people face to face, confronting her fears, and emotions. She needs to do this once and for all, for herself. When she is around Brett, part of the old Eva comes forth. This is one of her demons she needs to lay to rest.

Hi Gigi

She has stopped running. She needs to talk to people face to face, confronting her fears, and emotions. She needs to do this once and for all, for herself. When she is around Brett, part of the old Eva comes forth. This is one of her demons she needs to lay to rest.

Hi Julie, 

I agree that Eva has indeed stopped running.  I wonder what it is that Eva might fear when confronting Brett?  Do you think that it is because of the fact that she wasn't proud of her behaviour back then or do you think that it could be something more? 

You make a good point about Eva regressing back into old habits.  Now I am wondering...:)

Can you clarify the point about Eva seeming to lose the plot?  I don't understand...If you could clarify that point it would be great.  Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Gigi

Part of the old Eva comes out in her when Brett is on the scene. We are transported back to her old days remembering how good Brett felt. She needs to shake off these thoughts. Moving forward.

Hi Julie,

I agree that Eva has indeed stopped running. I wonder what it is that Eva might fear when confronting Brett? Do you think that it is because of the fact that she wasn't proud of her behaviour back then or do you think that it could be something more?

You make a good point about Eva regressing back into old habits. Now I am wondering...:)

Hi Gigi

It was like she had no control of her life. She was deeply ashamed,her self esteem and respect shot to pieces. Dr Travis gave her all that back. Brett was unfinished business, she needs to close this deal basically.

Hi Gigi

Part of the old Eva comes out in her when Brett is on the scene. We are transported back to her old days remembering how good Brett felt. She needs to shake off these thoughts. Moving forward.

Hi Julie, 

Do you think that  Brett has that much of a place in her memories?  If we the readers have learned anything about Eva and Gideon's sex life, it is that is Primal, Explosive and Unlike Anything Else either of these two have experienced with anyone!  I would have thought that Eva's experiences with Gideon would have erased all other past sex partners or lovers.  I could very well be wrong, but who knows.  What do you think?

Hi Julie, 

Do you think that  Brett has that much of a place in her memories?  If we the readers have learned anything about Eva and Gideon's sex life, it is that is Primal, Explosive and Unlike Anything Else either of these two have experienced with anyone!  I would have thought that Eva's experiences with Gideon would have erased all other past sex partners or lovers.  I could very well be wrong, but who knows.  What do you think?

Hi Gigi

Refer to my last posting, I think that will cover it. :D

Hi Gigi

It was like she had no control of her life. She was deeply ashamed,her self esteem and respect shot to pieces. Dr Travis gave her all that back. Brett was unfinished business, she needs to close this deal basically.

Hi Julie, 

I agree that Eva was reckless in her younger days.  I think that Dr. Travis helped Eva put her life back together.  Eva is the one who ultimately decided to put her life back together and slowly pick up the pieces of her self-esteem. I hope that this issue with Brett is closed sooner rather than later.  I don't really see where this storyline could go without the readers revolting.  What do you think? 

They wouldn't cheat but if Brett tried something and Gideon walked in. He will kill again

Hi Donna, 

I don't think that Eva would cheat on Brett, but if Brett tried something against Eva's will, I could see Gideon going beserk!  I think that Brett would get the smack down of a lifetime!

Hi Julie, 

I agree that Eva was reckless in her younger days.  I think that Dr. Travis helped Eva put her life back together.  Eva is the one who ultimately decided to put her life back together and slowly pick up the pieces of her self-esteem. I hope that this issue with Brett is closed sooner rather than later.  I don't really see where this storyline could go without the readers revolting.  What do you think?

Hi Gigi

Between Cary, Dr Travis, and Victor, there won't be anytime for Brett. I'm hoping Angus or Raul will also be making the trip west too! She has too many men on her case. :)

I agree with you about Elizabeth I think she is in denial and I also think something drastic will have to happen to slap her in the face and make her face the truth. i.e. Lucas being Corrine psychologist and sabotaging her well being. I don't want Eva to see Brett in SD. He needs to get lost! He doesn't really care about Eva and really doesn't even know her. He just wants what he "thought" hey had which in really was just sex. I agree with you and also hope that G goes to SD with Eva and hopefully bonds with Victor and maybe even Cary too. I can't wait to hear the title of Book 4 and hopefully I won't go crazy before I can actually read the book

Hi Jewhite611, 

I agree with you too.  I personally don't think that Eva needs to necessarily see Brett.  Many other forum members may disagree (and I am sure they do :))  and that's ok.  I always thought that Eva entertained  talking to Brett and spending time with Brett because of the situation with Gideon.  I think that if Gideon hadn't killed Nathan and Gideon wasn't under suspicion, I don't think that Eva would have even given Brett the time of day. 

Then again, maybe Eva needs to put Brett in his place.  Thus far, Brett has been incredibly thick headed and I am not sure what will make him understand that Eva is no longer interested.  Will Eva have to spill the beans about her and Gideon being married?  Brett basically said that Eva wasn't married and that he didn't care that Eva was dating Gideon (at the time).  He made his intentions clear that he was going to go after Eva.  So what will it take for this guy to back off?  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi

Between Cary, Dr Travis, and Victor, there won't be anytime for Brett. I'm hoping Angus or Raul will also be making the trip west too! She has too many men on her case. :)

Hi Julie, 

I hope so!  I sincerely hope that Eva doesn't have time for Brett! I think that but for her circumstances, Eva would never have given Brett the time of day.  That's just my thought and I could be wrong.  The entire Brett thing came down to timing and circumstances.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?  :)

Hi Donna, 

I don't think that Eva would cheat on Brett, but if Brett tried something against Eva's will, I could see Gideon going beserk!  I think that Brett would get the smack down of a lifetime!

Hi ladies

Gideon wouldn't kill Brett, Nathan was his one and only, because of what he did to Eva.

Gideon has to use restraint. He absolutely hates Eva seeing him fighting with anyone. Thats why he has asked Angus to remove her each time he got into a fight. He needs to be especially careful at the moment, because of this murder case. He can't afford to give the police more ammo. I sure if Brett gets out of hand Eva, can and will used her Krav Maga skills to halt him.

I hope Brett leaves Eva alone I can,t stand that man deanna gets a slap from Eva Liz gets a slap from Eva and Gideon and Eva deserve to be happy and Anne needs locking and so does her husband I hate those two really

Hi Tbidwell & Everyone, 

Hey maybe we can put Deanna and Brett together!!  What does everyone think?  :)

Hi ladies

Gideon wouldn't kill Brett, Nathan was his one and only, because of what he did to Eva.

Gideon has to use restraint. He absolutely hates Eva seeing him fighting with anyone. Thats why he has asked Angus to remove her each time he got into a fight. He needs to be especially careful at the moment, because of this murder case. He can't afford to give the police more ammo. I sure if Brett gets out of hand Eva, can and will used her Krav Maga skills to halt him.

Hi Julie, 

I just wanted to clarify that I didn't say that Gideon would kill Brett.  What I said is that Brett would get the smack down of a lifetime!  That means that Gideon would probably punch his lights out!  I could see Brett sporting a matching set of black eyes! Look at what happened when Brett grabbed and kissed Eva.  It wasn't pretty.  I think that if Brett tried someone with Eva, he would receive the "fists of fury".  Those are just my thoughts.  :)

I really hope he makes peace with his mum because I think he really loves her, but he is just angry and hurt by her. The sooner Elizabeth and Gideon work things out, the better.

I hope that Elizabeth Vidal finally comes to her senses and admits what she did was wrong.  I think that then Gideon and his mother will be able to finally make peace with one another.