SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

jennpenn926, on 22 Jun 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:snapback.png

Hi Jennpenn,

Quick question, where do you send your messages to Sylvia, I have tweeted her but don't always get a reply is there another way to message her :)

I wondered about that.  I have a number of friends that write fanfiction.  One sent a note to the creator and writers of one of the TV shows and was told they are advised not to read any fanfic.  If they develop a similar story they can be sued.  I was surprised the Sylvia would read our muses because she could put herself in the same situation. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he saw it two but didn't put a meaning on it.  I bet it will be a topic of discussion on the airplane ride to SD though.  I don't know if Eva will bring it up first or Cary but it will be discussed.  I almost positive.

I wondered how Cary could not see the ring when Gideon has his arm around Eva's sholdiers and she is playing with it but I think Cary is so preoccupied with everything that is going on with Tat that he put it down as an engagement ring, I bought my hubby one and I know some people do :)

I wondered how Cary could not see the ring when Gideon has his arm around Eva's sholdiers and she is playing with it but I think Cary is so preoccupied with everything that is going on with Tat that he put it down as an engagement ring, I bought my hubby one and I know some people do :)

I agree.  I think Cary was seeing but not focusing because he was angry with himself (for his actions), Eva (for mothering him and showing her disappointment) and Gideon (for chastising him). 

There's a possibility they could say that Gideon's ring is also an engagement ring, I know in Britain some men wear an engagement ring. It would be the type of thing Gideon would do if they weren't married cos he would want everyone to know he was off the market?!

True, my hubby got an engagement ring as I did when we got engaged

I agree.  I think Cary was seeing but not focusing because he was angry with himself (for his actions), Eva (for mothering him and showing her disappointment) and Gideon (for chastising him). 

good point Sharon

Hi Nrock, 

I read your posting and I can see where you are coming from.  Your points are just as valid.  I think that if Monica ever got involved with someone from the mob, it would have been unknowingly or inadvertently.  There has been some speculation that Monica may have dated someone in  her younger days, who may have had mob ties.  I could have seen Monica realizing what a potentially dangerous situation that could have put her in and I could have seen her ending the relationship as a result of that.

I could also have seen Monica being married to husband #2 and unbeknownst to her, he may have gambled his fortune away and her husband may have gone to a loan shark without Monica's knowledge or consent.  I could then see the loan sharks wanting their money and them threatening Monica ( which would have been the first she heard of this situation).  That kind of situation could also be potentially plausible. 

You are correct in that I couldn't Monica having the tolerance or the fortitude to deal with such a stressful situation for long. I could have seen her pay her husbands debts and then filing for divorce immediately. 

I agree with you about Monica paying the blackmail to Nathan wouldn't have been likely.  There is no way that could happen, because all deposits and withdrawls leave a paper trail. The police would be able to track Monica's/Stanton's monetary movements and that would bring more suspicion down on them.  So I agree that theory wouldn't be plausible. 

As for your theory about Monica and Victor, that is also plausible.  We know so llittle about those two that it is difficult to come up with solid theories.  Thank you for sharing your theories.  :)

Hi GiGi,

Gideon thinks Mommica is stronger than she lets on. He reached this conclusion about his moother-in-law-to-be after their long conversation over the phone, when the Victorgate blew off, and Eva didn't feel up to coping with her other parent too.

We still don't know what hardships Mommica had to go through to face life with a kid in tow.... but she must have hardened in ways we cannot fathom yet.  I don't see her as someone who happens to unknowningly get involved into anything. She had the tracking devices planted everywhere around Eva, she managed to cheat on Stanton, she already divorced twice.... she may be a blonde, but she's not naive!

Did I mention that I'd be posting the title of Crossfire Book #4 on Tuesday...? :)

Just posted on twitter and facebook.

Hi Barb

OMG!! I'm so thrillled!!!

Thank you for letting us know.

Now I'm going to need my daily Henry-pic or I won't be able to sleep tonight!!!

Hi Jennpenn,

Quick question, where do you send your messages to Sylvia, I have tweeted her but don't always get a reply is there another way to message her :)

I just tweeted her this time but she does answer emails on www.sylviaday.com

I bought my husband a 3 piece suit last week (he owns several suits but no 3 piece ones) he has no idea why I was so excited for him to wear it to church this morning!! He also has dark hair n blues eyes, if I squint it's almost like having Gideon here with me ;) We girls got to indulge in fantasies sometimes!! :)

How sweet! :) 

Hello all! I'm a newbie to the forum but I'm certainly just as addicted to this series as everyone else lol I have a few questions about EWY.

1. When Eva steps on her compact and finds out from Clancy that it is a tracking device she tells him on the phone (not in exact words) "you owe me, big time" to which he responds "you know where to find me." during this exchange we see Eva says she knows exactly how she is going to collect. My question is did we find out excatly how she was going to collect? I don't think we did but if so and I missed it please let me know

2. I was under the impression abolutely NO ONE could know that G killed Nathan however what about Angus, Raul, Gideon's Lawers etc. I remember Gideon saying in the begining of the book that his llawyers were goona poke around and see what the poolice were thinking. Why would they need to poke around if no one knew and G's alibi was air tight? Also I b elieve G said Raul was looking into the bracelet being planted and was also arranging G's move in to Eva's building so I wonder if he is aware of what G did or simply following orders?

3. Another thing I wondered about is when G and E were discussing what Graves revealed about the bracelet being taken and planted elsewhere G commented that Det. Graves is a very smart woman and Eva replies by saying "yes, that makes me feel better." Why did it make her feel better? is it bc eva knows that graves "suspects" what G did and is kinda in G and E's corner on this one? I was a little unsure about this

Hi Jewhite611,

Welcome to the fo rum.  I hope you enjoy yourself. :)

In response to some of your questions, it was my understanding that Eva made Clancy aware that the jig was up.  She knew that she was being tracked and she didn't appreciate it one bit. 

I think that the only person who knows that Gideon killed Nathan is Eva.  I don't think that Gideon would have confessed to his lawyer about committing a murder.  I think that the lawyer would be under some kind of legal obligation to report a crime, but there are others who are experts (lawyers) in the forum who would be able to answer that question with a certain accuracy. 

I personally don't think that Detective Graves is on Gideon's side whatsoever.  I think that she would absolutely pin Nathan's murder on Gideon if she had enough evidence, but thus far she doesn't.  She only has her own suppositions and speculations.  She doesn't have a shred of evidence (finger prints, blood, fibres, photos, surveilence footage, eye witnesses, etc.) against Gideon so she can't procede.  What does everyone else think?

I would like to back track a little bit and go back on two things I have been thinking about. I don't recall either of these specifically discussed earlier.

- We all know how much Monica (Momica) loved Eva and would clearly do anything to make her happy (or how she thinks she can make her happy) as well as keeping her safe. We also know that Monica believed Eva when she said she was abused by Nathan and took the appropriate motherly actions to get her daughter away from the situation. Monica has made no bones about the way she feels about Gideon and how she thinks that Gideon would be the perfect man for her daughter. Now that we are getting to the wedding planning, I am assuming that Victor, Monica and Stanton (I too love referring to him by his last name) are going to give Eva and Gideon the wedding of all weddings. Even though I am assuming the Stantons are far more well off than the Vidals, Monica will want some of Elizabeth's help and input with the wedding. I envision that the two woman, who should know each other well through society, will have quite a war of words with each other and hopefully Eva will/has opened up to her Mom about how Elizabeth reacted towards Gideon as a child. I would LOVE to see the two Moms go at it. I think that this could be just the opening that Eva has been hoping for.

- We have talked a lot about the pre-nuptial agreement on this board and torn it apart about the money for the baby and the marriage, etc. However one thing that I have been thinking about a lot recently and do not recall it being discussed was the actions that they need to take before divorcing. Call me a hopeless romantic or just a fool, but the fact that Gideon loves and is so committed to Eva to make sure that every possible step has been tried and tested before giving up and divorcing really speaks volumes to me. She fears commitment and fidelity and he took both into account in the pre-nuptial agreement. 

Hi Fayeth, 

I agree.  I think that Monica and Elizabeth will get into the "mother" of all "freaking" fights!  I can't see Elizabeth Vidal being too pleased about the fact that her son is marrying someone she clearly dislikes.  Eva has confronted Elizabeth Vidal at least three times that I can remember (someone correct me if I am wrong) and each exchange between these two women has become increasingly hostile after each fight.  So somehow I can't see Elizabeth Vidal suddenly making nice with anyone from Eva's clan for the "wedding of the year". 

I can see Monica and Stanton paying for the wedding but I am not sure how much Victor could contribute to such an extravagent event on a cop's salary.  I could also see Gideon possibly stepping in to pay for the wedding as well (if finances posed a problem for anyone). 

I didn't see any lengthy discussions about the prenup.  Could you let me know which thread those discussions were please?  Thanks in advance. 

My understanding was that if Gideon and Eva were to divorce, they were obliged to seek marital couseling and mediation.  I agree with your comments.  It is clear that Gideon loves Eva dearly and even if the worst were to happen to them, he wants to ensure that she is provided for emotionally as well as financially.  What does everyone think? 

Brett is worrying me. His comments resemble Gideons at the beginning of their relationship.

Why call it a f*ck, just call it a seminal emission in a pre-approved orifice. Which is basically what Brett says to Eva. "I want to be inside you".

He has some feelings for Eva, but he doesn't understand her, one iota. Where is the love? Surely if he has held a torch for her for so long, he would be in love with her.

Eva is still confused regarding Brett. Her behaviour is misleading him, giving him hope. She needs to lay some ghosts to rest where he is concerned. She is ruining her recovery by being around him. Friends they cant be. He needs to go. Pronto!

Amen Sister!!  I have been saying that Brett isn't a good thing for Eva.  I think Brett loved how he looked in Eva's eyes. She absolutely worshiped him with her body (well technically she degraded herself in the hope's that Brett would like/love her).   I think that Brett loved how he felt when he was with her and didn't love her.

I can however see why Eva would keep Brett around(for a short while).  I always thought that she kept up the pretense because of the fact that Nathan's murder still hasn't been solved and that Gideon could still potentially be a suspect.  I could be wrong, who knows?  I hope that Eva ditches Brett once and for all.  Once Eva's engagement becomes public there really won't be any need for Brett to be in the picture.    What does everyone think?

I took the counseling and mediation as a BEFORE the divorce is filed/finalized as an additional step to keeping the relationship together.  Maybe my understanding was incorrect.

Not all couples are willing to take the extra steps to save a marriage and I read this as that step, again maybe that was just an incorrect interpretation.

Hi Fayeth, 

I understood that passage in the same way.  It would make sense to try and get counseling before a divorce in order to try and save the marriage.  I could be wrong as well though. :)

I agree with you!  And why she does stuff that she would be very upset if Gideon acted with or towards Corrine blows my mind!!  She took Brett to the apartment but when Gideon mentioned not taking Deanna to his apartment she thought that was a smart move. She thought to herself after the video release that Brett would just need time to accept that she can't be with him, but like you say stop misleading him NOW!!!!

We are getting the story from Eva's pov. Reading her musings about Brett, how he used to feel, the sex, how she is feeling towards him now. She had feelings for Brett, albeit for the wrong reasons, because of her abuse. Wanting love and affection. He meant something to her. So it would be harder for her to forget.

But think about it from Gideons pov. He has never been in love before Eva. All the women he had relations with meant nothing to him, he loved Corinne but wasn't in love with her. So it's easier for him to move on where girlfriends are concerned.

Hi Barb & Julie, 

Could it be that Eva took Brett back up to her apartment because she saw Deanna in the lobby of her building and knew this woman's tricks about how to get information out of someone.  Could it also be that Eva knew that Brett might spill some information about what Eva was like when she was younger and with him?  Could it also be that Eva took Brett back upstairs because she wanted to give Deanna the false impression (and the police by proxy) that she had moved on with her life and was now seeing someone else?  What do you ladies think?  What does everyone think?

We know that Nathan visited Stanton the week before the dinner with Victor.  Monica told Eva that Stanton agreed to pay Nathan once she saw Nathan in front of the Crossfire.

So we have an aproximation and not an exact timeline.  Do we know how many days after Monica saw Nathan outside of the Crossfire Building, he was killed?