SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about the theory involving one of my least favorites characters, Anne.  What if she is a member of a physician group?  Corinne comes in to find out why she is feeling bad and the test shows she is pregnant.  Not sure how it would work out but somehow Anne gets involved.  She doesn't tell Corinne about the pregnancy.  Anne tells the OB that Corinne is experiencing depression resulting from her failed marriage and ends up treating Corinne as her psychiatrist. 

Corrine's prescriptions are signed by the OB/Gyn in the group.   Often these multi-physician practices are like a mini clinic with all types of specialties.  A physician assistant will get the scripts together before the doctor even comes in to see the patient and signatures are stamped on them.  Anne could have stamped another physician's name and no one would think twice about it.  Anne is such a sneak I'm sure she would prepare for Gideon stopping by Corinne's house.  This would explain why Gideon didn't recognize the doctor's name.  It would also explain why a doctor didn't recognize changes in Corinne's behavior.  Anne is intentionally trying to hurt Gideon through the person she thinks he wants. 

The thing is after the charity benefit Anne knows Gideon is back with Eva.  Does this mean Eva is in danger again?  Eva expects something but what is she thinking?  I'm ready for book 4

I was thinking about the theory involving one of my least favorites characters, Anne.  What if she is a member of a physician group?  Corinne comes in to find out why she is feeling bad and the test shows she is pregnant.  Not sure how it would work out but somehow Anne gets involved.  She doesn't tell Corinne about the pregnancy.  Anne tells the OB that Corinne is experiencing depression resulting from her failed marriage and ends up treating Corinne as her psychiatrist. 

Corrine's prescriptions are signed by the OB/Gyn in the group.   Often these multi-physician practices are like a mini clinic with all types of specialties.  A physician assistant will get the scripts together before the doctor even comes in to see the patient and signatures are stamped on them.  Anne could have stamped another physician's name and no one would think twice about it.  Anne is such a sneak I'm sure she would prepare for Gideon stopping by Corinne's house.  This would explain why Gideon didn't recognize the doctor's name.  It would also explain why a doctor didn't recognize changes in Corinne's behavior.  Anne is intentionally trying to hurt Gideon through the person she thinks he wants. 

The thing is after the charity benefit Anne knows Gideon is back with Eva.  Does this mean Eva is in danger again?  Eva expects something but what is she thinking?  I'm ready for book 4

Yes it would be very easy for someone else in that practice to sign the actual prescription and YES I also think Eva is in danger; maybe both Dr. Lucas' will be the recipient of Krav Maga from Eva... I pity both of those fools if they are dumb enough to mess with Gideon's Angel...

Yes it would be very easy for someone else in that practice to sign the actual prescription and YES I also think Eva is in danger; maybe both Dr. Lucas' will be the recipient of Krav Maga from Eva... I pity both of those fools if they are dumb enough to mess with Gideon's Angel...

The exact words in the last chapter after Eva recognized Anne Lucas were and I quote : "A sense of foreboding made me restless"...

I don't know about you but I don't like the sound of that Sharon!!!! I am sooooooooo ready for #4 BRING IT ON!!!

The exact words in the last chapter after Eva recognized Anne Lucas were and I quote : "A sense of foreboding made me restless"...

I don't know about you but I don't like the sound of that Sharon!!!! I am sooooooooo ready for #4 BRING IT ON!!!

It's funny after I posted early I re-read the benefit section.  The sentence above coupled with Eva pulling Gideon away from Deanna to look for Anne convinced me that there will be trouble from Anne in the next book. Anne isn't a big fan of Deanna so maybe she will strike out at Deanna first. (That wouldn't upset me too much.)  I'm ready too.

yes, I was one of the ones that said that Gideon would have noticed the name on the prescription bottle....nothing gets by that man.  Also how could he had texted anyone while "flex cuffed" unless he was cuffed in the front.  He got released really quick and then headed to that "wine date" with Deanna...leaving our poor Eva alone with her insecure thoughts again.

can't wait for Monday for Sylvia's Crossfire news....hope you girls posts what is said, I am not on FB.

Laters

Hi Jmhope,

Something just struck me as odd; why would they flex cuff Gideon and Jean Francois and then not have them arrested or turned over to the police?  Can security guards in the US physically restrain someone without being a police officer?  In Canada, someone can be detained (i.e. held in an office while a person waits for police to arrive) or separated from a situation, but they can't be handcuffed, or phsycially restrained. 

Just another quick thought; why would security go through all of the trouble of flex cuffing someone without then following through and having them arrested?  Thoughts?

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for taking the time to post such an intersting theory.  It is certainly helping to pass the time in a most intriguing way.  :)  I read your posting and your theory seems interesting.  I was thinking about what you said and I was wondering if you could clarify (or any of the other members) would be kind enough to clarify a few points.  It would help for me to understand your theory better.

Is it your assertion that Anne Lucas was a practicing member of a multi-practice group of various physicians (i.e. a group various physicians; OB/GYN’s, General Physicians, Psychiatrists, Orthopedic Surgeons, etc.) practicing together?

If that is the case, how would Anne Lucas have gotten her hands on Corinne’s test results (for example) or even known that Corinne was a patient at this group practice?  Dr. Anne Lucas is a psychiatrist and as such she wouldn’t have had access to an OB/GYN’s files.  In Canada, each patient has a different file with each corresponding physician.  There isn’t one big file for all the physicians to view.  Each physician (i.e. doctor, gynecologist, psychiatrist, etc.) is legally mandated to keep up-to-date and accurate records independent of any other treating physician.  A patient doesn’t have to disclose any information that they do not wish to (i.e. if Corinne was seeing a psychiatrist, then she wouldn’t have been legally obligated to tell her gynecologist if she was or whom she had chosen to see).  Is it the same case in the US?

How common are physician’s assistants in the US?  In Canada, they are almost non-existent.  Are physician’s assistants not obligated to maintain patient confidentiality (i.e. unless given specific or direct consent from a patient to disclose their medical information)?

Can a doctor use a stamp in lieu of his/her signature in the US?  That isn’t legal in Canada.  Each and every medical professional (family physicians, OB/GYNs, dermatologists, etc.) has to sign their own prescription.  The nurse or receptionist can fill out the patients’ name and can use a specific stamp corresponding to the MD (that will have their business address, the physician’s ID number and a unique number-a number granted by their college which gives them the legal ability to prescribe a select number of medications), but a physician can’t prescribe any medication that they want.  They have to account for what they prescribe with regulatory authorities and with corresponding governing bodies (it helps to prevent abuse of prescribing certain medications not in the jurisdiction).

A pharmacy won’t just take a stamped prescription from a patient.  If a prescription is only stamped (without a doctor’s signature), the pharmacy will call the office and confirm with said office, that prescription was intended for said patient and ask for a faxed confirmation for said prescription.  Following these steps help to cut down and prevent prescription pad theft and unregulated use of a physician’s office stamp in Canada.  Is this the same for the US? 

Another question came to mind; how would Anne know about whether Gideon visited Corinne at her house or not?  What is your theory about her gaining that kind of information from Corinne? 

How does Corinne’s change in behaviour get explained away by all of the other physicians who might come into contact with her?  I would think that any physician worth his/her salt would recognize changes in their own patient’s behaviour.  The medical practice would also have to have a record of which medications were being prescribed to said patient.  Wouldn’t a family physician become suspicious in the obvious behaviour change of a woman who was showing signs of distress and serious mood changes? Wouldn’t someone put the clues together or is it possible that Corinne fell between the cracks?

If Corinne went to said clinic and had a pregnancy test, wouldn’t her file be flagged or tagged (discretely of course) to let whoever was treating her, know that she was pregnant?  Wouldn’t all of the nurses who had contact with Corinne know about her results as well?  Wouldn’t one of them have said something if Anne was going to prescribe a medication contraindicated for a pregnant woman?

On one hand, Corinne is supposed to be mentally unwell and is seeking treatment for her mental issue, but on the other hand, Anne Lucas is suppose to believe everything Corinne says? 

If what you have said comes to fruition, it is an absolutely chilling idea to think that someone could have complete and utter control over; not only the medical system, but also of another human being!  To think that Anne Lucas could have harbored such complete and total hatred of Gideon for all these years is horrifying beyond words!!! 

I think I may have to hide under the covers, while I wait for the next book!  :(    

GiGi

Hi Sscrph,

I just wanted to clarify; isn't every physician responsible for keeping his/her own prescription pad and stamp under lock and key or at least separated away from the common areas and kept in their own offices, in their own desk?  Wouldn't a physician be worried about the presription pad or stamp getting into the wrong hands or of someone stealing these?  What do you think?

It's funny after I posted early I re-read the benefit section.  The sentence above coupled with Eva pulling Gideon away from Deanna to look for Anne convinced me that there will be trouble from Anne in the next book. Anne isn't a big fan of Deanna so maybe she will strike out at Deanna first. (That wouldn't upset me too much.)  I'm ready too.

Hi Sharon,

Why would Anne have an issue with Deanna?  Could you connect the dots please?  Thanks in advance.

GiGi

Hi Sharon,

Why would Anne have an issue with Deanna?  Could you connect the dots please?  Thanks in advance.

GiGi

Eva:  "I need you to explain Deanna"

Gideon "She was a mistake in every sense."..."Deanna happened to be covering an event where Anne Lucas was making me uncomfortable,  I used Deanna to keep Anne from approaching me.

Anne when Eva saw Deanna talking to Gideon "She must be great in bed.  He f u cks her a lot.:  You should watch out for him (Gideon) He uses women.  I've seen it happen.  More than it should."

Eva:  "I need you to explain Deanna"

Gideon "She was a mistake in every sense."..."Deanna happened to be covering an event where Anne Lucas was making me uncomfortable,  I used Deanna to keep Anne from approaching me.

Anne when Eva saw Deanna talking to Gideon "She must be great in bed.  He f u cks her a lot.:  You should watch out for him (Gideon) He uses women.  I've seen it happen.  More than it should."

Hi Sharon,

So do you think that Anne would hold a grudge against Deanna because Gideon purposely used her?  Or was Anne trying to place "seeds of doubt" in Eva's mind about Gideon's past because she was/is jealous and vengeful?  What do you think?

GiGi  :)

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for taking the time to post such an intersting theory.  It is certainly helping to pass the time in a most intriguing way.  :)  I read your posting and your theory seems interesting.  I was thinking about what you said and I was wondering if you could clarify (or any of the other members) would be kind enough to clarify a few points.  It would help for me to understand your theory better.

Is it your assertion that Anne Lucas was a practicing member of a multi-practice group of various physicians (i.e. a group various physicians; OB/GYN’s, General Physicians, Psychiatrists, Orthopedic Surgeons, etc.) practicing together?  Yes the ones I have gone to are called "Walk-in Clinics".  Some have physicians that only practice there and some have physicians that cycle through on a schedule.

If that is the case, how would Anne Lucas have gotten her hands on Corinne’s test results (for example) or even known that Corinne was a patient at this group practice?  Dr. Anne Lucas is a psychiatrist and as such she wouldn’t have had access to an OB/GYN’s files.  In Canada, each patient has a different file with each corresponding physician.  There isn’t one big file for all the physicians to view.  Each physician (i.e. doctor, gynecologist, psychiatrist, etc.) is legally mandated to keep up-to-date and accurate records independent of any other treating physician.  A patient doesn’t have to disclose any information that they do not wish to (i.e. if Corinne was seeing a psychiatrist, then she wouldn’t have been legally obligated to tell her gynecologist if she was or whom she had chosen to see).  Is it the same case in the US?  Where I worked there is a large filing room that holds patient files.  They are secure but patients will see doctors of the various specialties and, like a hospital, doctors will pull patients files when they come in.  The files are accurate and up-to-date.  Doctors do consults all the time and share information.

How common are physician’s assistants in the US?  In Canada, they are almost non-existent.  Are physician’s assistants not obligated to maintain patient confidentiality (i.e. unless given specific or direct consent from a patient to disclose their medical information)?  PAs are very common.

Can a doctor use a stamp in lieu of his/her signature in the US?  That isn’t legal in Canada.  Each and every medical professional (family physicians, OB/GYNs, dermatologists, etc.) has to sign their own prescription.  The nurse or receptionist can fill out the patients’ name and can use a specific stamp corresponding to the MD (that will have their business address, the physician’s ID number and a unique number-a number granted by their college which gives them the legal ability to prescribe a select number of medications), but a physician can’t prescribe any medication that they want.  They have to account for what they prescribe with regulatory authorities and with corresponding governing bodies (it helps to prevent abuse of prescribing certain medications not in the jurisdiction).  There are stamps but most doctors sign their own scripts.  I don't know if the stamps are used much anymore but secretaries can call in prescriptions using the doctors ID.  I can see Anne doing something

A pharmacy won’t just take a stamped prescription from a patient.  If a prescription is only stamped (without a doctor’s signature), the pharmacy will call the office and confirm with said office, that prescription was intended for said patient and ask for a faxed confirmation for said prescription.  Following these steps help to cut down and prevent prescription pad theft and unregulated use of a physician’s office stamp in Canada.  Is this the same for the US?  Again a call from a pharmacy will go to the assistant not the physician unless there was a red flag.  I think Anne could put a note in a patient's file in case the pharmacy called.

Another question came to mind; how would Anne know about whether Gideon visited Corinne at her house or not?  What is your theory about her gaining that kind of information from Corinne?  I don't think she knows anything but I do think she would assume if they were dating that he stopped by her home on occasion.  I would expect a boyfriend to stop by my house.

How does Corinne’s change in behaviour get explained away by all of the other physicians who might come into contact with her?  I would think that any physician worth his/her salt would recognize changes in their own patient’s behaviour.  The medical practice would also have to have a record of which medications were being prescribed to said patient.  Wouldn’t a family physician become suspicious in the obvious behaviour change of a woman who was showing signs of distress and serious mood changes? Wouldn’t someone put the clues together or is it possible that Corinne fell between the cracks?  How do we know the other doctors even saw her again.  Maybe Anne started making house visits.  Or maybe Anne convinced Corinne to see her only (she is an MD).  We don't know.

If Corinne went to said clinic and had a pregnancy test, wouldn’t her file be flagged or tagged (discretely of course) to let whoever was treating her, know that she was pregnant?  Wouldn’t all of the nurses who had contact with Corinne know about her results as well?  Wouldn’t one of them have said something if Anne was going to prescribe a medication contraindicated for a pregnant woman?

On one hand, Corinne is supposed to be mentally unwell and is seeking treatment for her mental issue, but on the other hand, Anne Lucas is suppose to believe everything Corinne says?  Anne is unbalanced in my opinion.  She might do anything unethical.

If what you have said comes to fruition, it is an absolutely chilling idea to think that someone could have complete and utter control over; not only the medical system, but also of another human being!  To think that Anne Lucas could have harbored such complete and total hatred of Gideon for all these years is horrifying beyond words!!!  Do we know it has been years.  I thought the Anne/Gideon hookup wasn't that long ago, maybe a year at the most.  I don't think Anne has control over the medical system but a doctor is trusted within his/her practice.

I think I may have to hide under the covers, while I wait for the next book!  :(    

GiGi

In multi-practice clinics a prescription pad often has the name of everyone in the practice on it.  (I have seen up to 12 physicians listed.)

Hi Sharon,

So do you think that Anne would hold a grudge against Deanna because Gideon purposely used her?  Or was Anne trying to place "seeds of doubt" in Eva's mind about Gideon's past because she was/is jealous and vengeful?  What do you think?

Anne, and her husband are definitely holding a grudge, in my opinion.  You don't? 

In multi-practice clinics a prescription pad often has the name of everyone in the practice on it.  (I have seen up to 12 physicians listed.)

That is so interesting.  In Canada, each and every physician  (regardless of their specialty) has their own prescription pad (i.e. with their own name, unique number, etc. on it) or there is a general precription pad that doesn't have any specific person's name on it but has space for said physician to put their name, ID, unique numbers, etc. on it.  Interesting.

Anne, and her husband are definitely holding a grudge, in my opinion.  You don't? 

I think that if anythig Anne holds a grudge against Gideon and solely Gideon.  I think that everyone else is collateral damage.  I don't think that Anne would think twice about hurting Deanna, but not because of Deanna having taken Gideon, but because it would hurt Gideon.  Does that make sense?

I think that each and every single motive for Anne would be revenge against Gideon and Gideon only. I don't think that Anne gives a hoot about getting revenge against anyone else.  If others suffer as a result of what she has done, then I certainly don't think that she would loose sleep over it.

GiGi

Hi Sharon,

What I find most troubling is that Anne Lucas seems to have connected Eva and Cary as being friends and roommates.  She has gone out of her way to seduce Cary...for what purpose; I don't know yet.  Those actions to me, suggest a woman that has gone from thinking about thoughts of revenge to acting out on a plan. 

It is obvious that Anne had a reason for trying to seduce Cary, what it is yet, I don't know.  I am sure that she will use anyone and everyone to get to Gideon, but for what reason; revenge, delusions, etc.  I don't know that either. 

You are absolutely correct in that Anne is the most dangerous person right now.  I have been thinking that for quite a while, but what is yet to be determined is how much does Anne know about Gideon's accusations against her brother?  Did her husband fill her in on what was going on?  Or is there another reason, that we the readers aren't aware of yet, for Anne to want to seek revenge?  Time will tell.

GiGi

GiGi