SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Everyone,

I am not so sure that Cary is that great a judge of character.  He never told Eva about the band, when she and Gideon went to the concert.  Eva and Gideon went through a lot as a result of his "lack of information".  Cary also had an orgy in the first book.  It didn't show a lot of good judgment in my opinion (it has created alot of problems for Gideon as a result-but Gideon is also to blame because he put his hands on Ian).  Cary also got Tatiana pregnant and again I don't think that showed good judgment either.   Just my thoughts. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the cuffs were not attached to anything. Eva had them around her wrists and Gideon instructed her where to put her hands and what to hold on to (the pillow). He didn't attach them to anything.... I think he is being cautious and taking baby steps with Eva

Correct.   I  also see  more  coming in the  future  books.  

Have you noticed  Gideon wanting Eva  to  submit  more in this  book.    

Scott Elrod  is  my  Gideon!     

I believe it puts her in a submissive state of mind. Submitting to Gideon mentally as well as physically.

Think back to Reflected when they talked about the "swing". Gideon says something about he wants Eva bound mentally, not physically....

Hi Peachies,

Again, I go back to who found out about Corinne first?  Who told whom and who assembled this grieving crew?   I was surprised that Jean Francois just sat there and let Elizabeth Vidal orchestrate that entire scene.  Did he not notice that Elizabeth was busy calling her son to come to the hospital?  Everyone says that it is Corinne who was hurting Gideon by attempting suicide but has anyone stopped to consider that it was HIS MOTHER who called him to let him know and ask him to go to the hospital?  What is up with that?!  Wouldn’t Elizabeth Vidal (quite frankly lizard) Vidal know, OF ALL PEOPLE, how much this would upset her son?  Wouldn’t she want to protect her son from this kind of news? 

Elizabeth Vidal, of all people should know this, because her husband killed himself.  At this point Corinne is a lost case, it is everyone else in the situation, making everything worse.  What do you think?

Hi MicheleWV,

I agree with you.  Gideon does have Deanna right where he wants her.  I don’t think that she even realizes that she has met her match with a ruthless negotiator.  The question that remains is whether she will honour the terms of the contract or will she let her anger, cloud her judgment?  Will she let her anger hang her in the end?

I wondered if Corrine's patents felt Giroux has taken their little girl away from them... She was in France while they were in the USA. I think Giroux may have been heart broken as well. He was in a hospital waiting room because his wife was in love/###### for another man and she tried to overdose because that man doesn't feel the same way for her.

Hi Peachies, 

It is so interesting.  I read the scenario as a man who may have stuck it to his wife by telling her that the man she held a torch for, was engaged to someone else.  I also noticed that Jean Francois let everyone else deal with the Corinne situation.  He didn't act like a husband at all.  He should have been the one to invite and/or direct people as to what his wife/family might need. 

He was completely disconnected though.  He wasn't with Corinne's parents (therefore his parents under the circumstance) and he allowed the Mother of the man that Corinne had been pining for to direct the entire scene.  I am sorry, I am having a very difficult time feeling sorry for this man.

What's worse is the fact that Jean Francois totally dropped the ball and found out that his wife was pregnant after the miscarriage.  I know that Jean Francois can't control what anyone else does (nor should he have to ever), but this guy totally dropped the ball himself and then sought to blame someone else for his troubles (namely Gideon). 

Could it be that Jean Francois needs to step up and put on his "big boy" pants and start being accountable for his part in this entire mess.  What do you think? 

Hi Julie,

I think that Stanton may have been married before Monica.  I don’t see a man of power and wealth living alone all those years.  He sounds middle aged to early senior years, so personally I couldn’t see a man like that living 50 or 60 years alone.  What does everyone think?

Hi Peachies,

Again, I go back to who found out about Corinne first?  Who told whom and who assembled this grieving crew?   I was surprised that Jean Francois just sat there and let Elizabeth Vidal orchestrate that entire scene.  Did he not notice that Elizabeth was busy calling her son to come to the hospital?  Everyone says that it is Corinne who was hurting Gideon by attempting suicide but has anyone stopped to consider that it was HIS MOTHER who called him to let him know and ask him to go to the hospital?  What is up with that?!  Wouldn’t Elizabeth Vidal (quite frankly lizard) Vidal know, OF ALL PEOPLE, how much this would upset her son?  Wouldn’t she want to protect her son from this kind of news? 

Elizabeth Vidal, of all people should know this, because her husband killed himself.  At this point Corinne is a lost case, it is everyone else in the situation, making everything worse.  What do you think?

Hi Rogue,

It will be interesting to see if Sylvia gives a quick time line of Monica’s past married lives.  I wonder why she left husband number two.  We all know why dumped Barker, but what the deal with the second husband?  I also wonder if Monica had any contact with Victor during those years. 

Hi Sscrph,

It is clear that Sylvia has paid homage to EL James.  I don’t personally don’t see Gideon as being a traditional dominant, but a character who has more dominant traits.  I don’t think that the BDSM scene is really something that he subscribes to. What do you think?

HI all ..... I'm trying to catch up and this may have stated already so sorry it restating ...

In Chp 20 when Eva has lunch with Cary she states......."grateful that I'd tucked my wedding ring into the zippered pocket of my purse."    Then later when she went back to Gideon's office she stttes ...." I unzipped the small pocket and drew out the rings inside it, slipping mine on."  Guess we will hear about the wedding ring when they get 'married' again. 

So it sounds like there are 2 rings but she isnt wearing the wedding band publicly just the engagement ring, whereas our boy doesn't give a crap who knows he married to her.  Gotta love him even more :)   

Hi Fsumom, 

Thank you for that.  It is greatly appreciated.  I don't always remember the exact quotes or passages.  It is so nice to have someone step in and fill the gaps.  Thanks again.  :)

Hi Rogue,

It will be interesting to see if Sylvia gives a quick time line of Monica’s past married lives.  I wonder why she left husband number two.  We all know why dumped Barker, but what the deal with the second husband?  I also wonder if Monica had any contact with Victor during those years. 

GiGi,

She left husband # 2 Mr. Mitchell because he had a gambling problem.  That is why Eva won't gamble because she knows what happens to people when they get hooked.

Sharon

Hi Fsumom, 

Thank you for that.  It is greatly appreciated.  I don't always remember the exact quotes or passages.  It is so nice to have someone step in and fill the gaps.  Thanks again.  :)

I think the two rings she has in her purse are the new one she just bought for Gideon and her ring (1).

Gideon gave Eva his mother's engagement ring when they were married on the beach.  I think it is because Eva wants another wedding that her family & friends will attend and she will wear the engagement ring now that her engagement is known.

I hear what you are saying but he says all you have to say is no or stop. I understand if a situation is very intense and one or the other partners might say stop but not really mean stop but if stop is all that is needed...How can a safeword give her more peace of mind?

Gideon knows he is taking sex to a new level with the straps so Gideon reasures Eva that he will stop if she says so even if she doesn't mean it. If she were to say "stop" or "no" and not really mean it they could always start back up again. But the safeword stops everything period and so that gives her peace of mind that she will never be pushed too far.

Gideon knows he is taking sex to a new level with the straps so Gideon reasures Eva that he will stop if she says so even if she doesn't mean it. If she were to say "stop" or "no" and not really mean it they could always start back up again. But the safeword stops everything period and so that gives her peace of mind that she will never be pushed too far.

Thanks.

Also have to recall that Tatiana was out of the country at the time of Cary's attack which was same night as the fight ( E & G headed to beach right from the concert).  While the jury is still out on whether or not she is pregnant, I'm sure there will be a showdown with Eva sometime in the next 2 books.  

Hi Fsumom, 

I think that maybe (I could be wrong here) Cary spilled the beans to Tatiana about what happened during the orgy.  I am still on the fence about that.  I would hope that Cary wouldn't be that naive and trust Tatiana, but Cary hasn't always had the best judgment in the past, so who knows?

I hope that Tatiana gets her act together and goes back to her old boyfriend.  It seems like her true colours are surfacing and they aren't too pretty.  What do you think?

Agreed She has to have Victor there for her! Also that she can tell her dad her new name - Eva Lauren Tramell Reyes Cross.

Hi Xfire,

I wonder how Victor will react when he finds out that Eva added his last name to hers?  I would love to be there for that scene.  I think it would be absolutely beautiful! :)

As I do that part of my job that is routine and repetitive (those things we all have to do but put off) the phone call from Cary to Eva popped into my head.  The one when he was angry because she told him about moving in with Gideon via a phone call.   It is another thing that Mommica had to stick her noise in; what did she hope to get from Cary?  His help in getting Eva to not move in with Gideon.  Monica really needs to stay out of Eva's business.  I'm thinking now that Gideon is her husband; she is going to have to relinquish her control.  Gideon isn't going to like her interfering.  If I have the timeline correct it is August, is Gideon going to be happy with a December wedding?  December is still four months away however, red is their color and it will fit in perfectly with a wedding in December. 

I wonder how Sylvia is going to move time forward in the next two books since the first three have very little time jumps. 

Hi Sharon, 

You are absolutely right!  Monica needs to back off and let her daughter live her own life.  It has been clear, that from the beginning, the roles of mother and daughter had been reversed and somehow despite time and life experience nothing changed for Monica.

Monica acts more like the daughter-always justifying her bad behaviour (or at least trying) and Eva doesn't challenge her mother because she feels guilty about Nathan and the rapes and the fact that Monica left a marriage that she was perfectly happy in.  Everytime I see that scenario I get really upset!  Monica failed elementally as a mother but what's even more astounding is that she still seems to make the same mistakes over and over and over again.  I have to wonder what is going on in her head?

I think that the addition of Gideon to this situation may help Monica to grow up.  Monica may give as good as it gets when it comes to men, but Gideonis no fool and he won't allow anyone to hurt Eva, even if it is her own mother.  Maybe Gideon will wind up being the best check that will keep Monica a little more balanced.  What do you think?

GiGi,

She left husband # 2 Mr. Mitchell because he had a gambling problem.  That is why Eva won't gamble because she knows what happens to people when they get hooked.

Sharon

Hi Sharon, 

I wonder if Monica left her second husband because he gambled all of his money away?  It is just a thought.  It is clear that Monica has got a hang-up when it comes to money and security.  What do you think?

I think Tatiana would go for a hair grab and then Eva would knock her OUT. No where near the belly of course but hey being pregnant does not give you a free pass to get physical with someone and have them take it like its all good.

Tatiana would probably give Cary an ultimatum.

Hi Claudine, 

I think that if Tatiana gave Cary an ultimatum, I am not so sure he would pick Tatiana over Eva.  Eva and her family have been extremely good to him and have welcomed him like a son.  I think that he could only come to this conclusion if Tatiana's behaviour escalated and became increasingly nasty toward Eva. 

I really hope that Cary asks for a paternity test, if Tatiana is actually pregnant.  In the last book, Tatiana as also sleeping with her boyfriend so who's to say that it isn't his baby?

Hi Jennpenn926,

You made another good point. I never noticed that the cuffs weren’t attached to anything. If they were attached to something, it wasn’t mentioned in the book. So what you are saying then is that the cuffs were more of a symbolic representation of Gideon binding Eva to him (his heart binding with hers). Am I correct?

I honestly believe they weren't attached to anything. Because he puts the cuffs on her and tells her grip the pillow. Also what really made me think they weren't attached is on page 268 Gideon says "Being bound helps you surrender, but it doesn't have to be literal. It just has to be enough to get you in the right headspace." So yeah I definitely think it was symbolic but eventually he will want to tie her up for real.