SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Julie,

What we know for a fact is that Gideon married Eva for emotional security. They both settled down afterwards. The legal issue about a wife not being able to testify against her husband was just an added bonus and most likely an after-thought.

My question would be how could the detectives prove that Gideon told Eva about the murder before they were married and not after? I couldn't see how they could possibly do that. Isn't the question for the detectives (or the criminal courts), when did Eva find out that her husband committed a crime or does none of that matter?

Anyone with legal expertise want to chyme in here?

Hi Gigi

Regarding the murder and when did Eva know about it.

Surely that would be up to the prosecution to prove when Eva knew. Can we go the route of plausible deniability?The Fifth Amendment, the right to remain silent?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone please tell me the number of the New Year's snippet that's been referred to several times? Or the easiest way to find it? The one I mean is said to be from Gideon's point of view. I must have missed it - didn't join the fun until a month or two ago. Thanks in advance.

There's no number. If you google Gideon's Point of View or Gideon's POV with Sylvia Day it will come up. It was my favorite Snippet. Ahhhhh

Hi Gigi

Surely that would be up to the prosecution to prove when Eva knew. Can we go the route of plausible deniability?The Fifth Amendment, the right to remain silent?

Hi Julie, 

Amen to that one sister!  Good luck to the prosecutors...  :)  

There's no number. If you google Gideon's Point of View or Gideon's POV with Sylvia Day it will come up. It was my favorite Snippet. Ahhhhh

Hi MicheleWV, 

It is between snippet 5 and 6.  I hope that helps.  :)

well ladies, my pick for playing Gideon is Joe Manganiello.  He has the body, the hair and is really sexy.  sorry to say he doesn't have the eyes  (his are brown.)  but he will be appearing naked in True Blood when it continues on HBO Sunday 6/16/13 at 9 PM..   Take a gander at him....he is something to look at, his character is Alcide.  just my opinion.

thanks for the clarification about the cuffs, when reading I didn't think they were attached to anything other than Eva.  That was some sexy plane ride!!!

He is lovely JMhope but I think he is too old for Gideon :(

I wouldn't mind that especially if it is in 3rd person or from Gideon's point of view.  It could answer a lot of questions. 

BTW I didn't mind it in FSOG.  I think the book ended to abruptly but it was good to see that CG ended up in the right place.

I liked it too in FSOG as well Sharon but I know a lot of my friends who read the book didn't

613x.jpg

Oh my....  already salivating this early in the day.... you'll be the death of me (BOTH of you there!!!!)

Hi Gigi

Hi ! I don't know if I'm right but I don't think Eva and Gideon haveever talked about him doing the murder directly or him admitting to it to Eva.Theyve talked around it and about it but Gideon has never come out and said he's done it nor has he told how he did it.Three conversations come to mind where they have alluded to Gideon killing Nathan is when Gideon is telling Eva what the options were for keeping her safe that's in Chapter 1 or 2 and the second time is when she says you killed a man for me and he responds his love is not an obligation third time is when he says he left the bracelet on Nathan but he has never explicitly said .Based on this I would think that Eva has no knowledge that Gideon killed Nathan from Gideon himself but rather from Detective Graves.

I could altogether wrong ,would welcome any other view /correction.

Been reading as many of these posts as possible whilst waiting for validation and I'm loving all the theories.  Just wanted to add a few thoughts of my own - and apologies for any repetition if my musings have already been mentioned and answered.

• Agree with those on Team Clancy who believe that he is the one who arranged the cover up to protect Gideon.
  • Loathe Elizabeth, Christopher, Corinne, Tat, Dr's Lucas x2 and Deanna and can't wait to see what SD has in store for them all.
  • Worried about Megumi, and concerned about Brett and Eva meeting up.
  • Keeping my fingers crossed for Trey and Cary to work it out.
  • Still not sure about Magdelane, but think I may warm to her.
  • Was also surprised and dismayed by Monica and Victor's actions; however, I'm not prepared to give up on Monica yet.  I've been trying to work out a reason as to why she would do it - bearing in mind that we all know that she is completely guilt ridden about what happened to Eva and struggles to handle that guilt.  Why then would she load herself with even more guilt over cheating on Stanton?  I came to only one conclusion (and please feel free to shoot me down in flames here!)  - what if Stanton is gay?  What if Monica and Stanton have the same sort of relationship as Eva and Cary - loving, supportive, warm and close, but totally sexless? After the spa day at Eva's (when Eva has her hair cut in RIY), when they meet Stanton downstairs he only gives Monica a kiss on the cheek 'so as not to mess up her lipstick'.  And when they dance together we hear Eva say it is obvious how much Stanton adores Monica, but is this any different to the obvious adoration between Eva and Cary?  Monica wants and needs money and security for herself and Eva, and Stanton may have wanted a 'wife' to hide his secret. This could possibly explain why Monica was so agitated about the police snooping around in Stanton's private life.  Maybe she was worried they would find out Stanton's secret (perhaps Stanton has a 'significant other') and would embarrass Stanton?  It would also leave the way open in a later book for Victor and Monica to get back together without too much heartbreak on anyone's side.  Just a thought....

Hi Everyone,

I am not so sure that Cary is that great a judge of character.  He never told Eva about the band, when she and Gideon went to the concert.  Eva and Gideon went through a lot as a result of his "lack of information".  Cary also had an orgy in the first book.  It didn't show a lot of good judgment in my opinion (it has created alot of problems for Gideon as a result-but Gideon is also to blame because he put his hands on Ian).  Cary also got Tatiana pregnant and again I don't think that showed good judgment either.   Just my thoughts. 

Hi GiGi

My jaw dropped when Cary didn't care to mention that Brett was the 6/9 singer!!!

But then he's only just a perfect example of an imperfect human being.

Hi ! I don't know if I'm right but I don't think Eva and Gideon haveever talked about him doing the murder directly or him admitting to it to Eva.Theyve talked around it and about it but Gideon has never come out and said he's done it nor has he told how he did it.Three conversations come to mind where they have alluded to Gideon killing Nathan is when Gideon is telling Eva what the options were for keeping her safe that's in Chapter 1 or 2 and the second time is when she says you killed a man for me and he responds his love is not an obligation third time is when he says he left the bracelet on Nathan but he has never explicitly said .Based on this I would think that Eva has no knowledge that Gideon killed Nathan from Gideon himself but rather from Detective Graves.

I could altogether wrong ,would welcome any other view /correcti

no you are right they have never discussed it and personally (and I could be wrong) I don't think they will, I think Gideon knows if he discusses it with Eva she will not be able to cope with it especially if she is struggling with the knowledge she already knows and he will not want her in the position if anything was asked of her she could confidently say she didn't know the details and she is not lying and with her dad being a cop Gideon will want to protect her form the scrutiny from the police 

no you are right they have never discussed it and personally (and I could be wrong) I don't think they will, I think Gideon knows if he discusses it with Eva she will not be able to cope with it especially if she is struggling with the knowledge she already knows and he will not want her in the position if anything was asked of her she could confidently say she didn't know the details and she is not lying and with her dad being a cop Gideon will want to protect her form the scrutiny from the police

Totally agree with this

Hi Rogue,

It will be interesting to see if Sylvia gives a quick time line of Monica’s past married lives.  I wonder why she left husband number two.  We all know why dumped Barker, but what the deal with the second husband?  I also wonder if Monica had any contact with Victor during those years. 

He was a whale, a gambler who can afford to lose big money.

I wouldn't put it past Monica to have left a hopefully happy marriage only because her husband was squandering his own money!!!!

Been reading as many of these posts as possible whilst waiting for validation and I'm loving all the theories.  Just wanted to add a few thoughts of my own - and apologies for any repetition if my musings have already been mentioned and answered.

• Agree with those on Team Clancy who believe that he is the one who arranged the cover up to protect Gideon.
  • Loathe Elizabeth, Christopher, Corinne, Tat, Dr's Lucas x2 and Deanna and can't wait to see what SD has in store for them all.
  • Worried about Megumi, and concerned about Brett and Eva meeting up.
  • Keeping my fingers crossed for Trey and Cary to work it out.
  • Still not sure about Magdelane, but think I may warm to her.
  • Was also surprised and dismayed by Monica and Victor's actions; however, I'm not prepared to give up on Monica yet.  I've been trying to work out a reason as to why she would do it - bearing in mind that we all know that she is completely guilt ridden about what happened to Eva and struggles to handle that guilt.  Why then would she load herself with even more guilt over cheating on Stanton?  I came to only one conclusion (and please feel free to shoot me down in flames here!)  - what if Stanton is gay?  What if Monica and Stanton have the same sort of relationship as Eva and Cary - loving, supportive, warm and close, but totally sexless? After the spa day at Eva's (when Eva has her hair cut in RIY), when they meet Stanton downstairs he only gives Monica a kiss on the cheek 'so as not to mess up her lipstick'.  And when they dance together we hear Eva say it is obvious how much Stanton adores Monica, but is this any different to the obvious adoration between Eva and Cary?  Monica wants and needs money and security for herself and Eva, and Stanton may have wanted a 'wife' to hide his secret. This could possibly explain why Monica was so agitated about the police snooping around in Stanton's private life.  Maybe she was worried they would find out Stanton's secret (perhaps Stanton has a 'significant other') and would embarrass Stanton?  It would also leave the way open in a later book for Victor and Monica to get back together without too much heartbreak on anyone's side.  Just a thought....

Interesting Cassie I guess anything is possible... And he doesn't have any children or ex-wives that we've been introduced to but I would think Cary or Eva's "gay dar" would go off...like the sex radar that Cary supposedly has LOL

Interesting Cassie I guess anything is possible... And he doesn't have any children or ex-wives that we've been introduced to but I would think Cary or Eva's "gay dar" would go off...like the sex radar that Cary supposedly has LOL

love the term "gay dar", that is classic :)

Got you Sheens and thank you . I think at some point he will need to talk about it to her because Eva is the only person he can share this with safely in order to heal from the nightmares he now has because of Nathan and what he did, he will need to unburden to someone and she's the only person he can do that safely with because they are married and as i understand from previous posts cant testify against him .SD has woven such an intricate storyline it's brilliant!

Got you Sheens and thank you . I think at some point he will need to talk about it to her because Eva is the only person he can share this with safely in order to heal from the nightmares he now has because of Nathan and what he did, he will need to unburden to someone and she's the only person he can do that safely with because they are married and as i understand from previous posts cant testify against him .SD has woven such an intricate storyline it's brilliant!

You do have a point there :)

Wow - lots of brand spanking new members jumped in overnight!!! Excellent!!!

The sheer activity on this thread discussing Entwined with You must be some sort of new record. This thread has been full-fledged active since only 9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time exactly one week ago today. Already there are more than 2,000 posts and approaching 39,000 views.

To put those numbers in perspective, the thread started in April to discuss Bared to You and Reflected in You in great detail by re-reading the novels a chapter at a time has a little over 3,000 posts and almost 45,000.

The sheer activity on this thread discussing Entwined with You must be some sort of new record. This thread has been full-fledged active since only 9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time exactly one week ago today. Already there are more than 2,000 posts and approaching 39,000 views.

To put those numbers in perspective, the thread started in April to discuss Bared to You and Reflected in You in great detail by re-reading the novels a chapter at a time has a little over 3,000 posts and almost 45,000.

It is great to see new members here and hopefully this will really please Sylvia as well to know that her books are bringing in new fans to her sites :)

Another newbie here!

I've lurked for some time and decided to take the leap and become a member.