SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gideon committed a form of justifiable homicide in my book. It is OK to kill in one's own self defense or the defense of another person -- to prevent an innocent third party from being killed.

Nathan was going to murder Eva sooner or later -- probably sooner. He was a dangerously mentally ill monster actively stalking her and his crazy was escalating. He'd already crossed over the line into extreme violence. He beat Cary with a deadly weapon, inflicting injuries that could have been fatal (the skull fracture and the broken ribs.)

Cary being beaten half to death convinced Gideon that Eva's life was in very real, immediate danger. Yes, he had some other options, but he felt the only guaranteed way to prevent Nathan from murdering Eva some day was to kill Nathan, and do it as soon as possible.

I agree. It was a case of kill or be killed. To me that was justified. I do wonder if Nathan would have killed Cary. I know beating cary was a warning to stay away from Eva, would or could he have gone further? I think Nathan would. Was he interrupted.? If Clancy was having him followed they may have stopped the beating.

Gideon confessed to Eva on Wednesday night, the night they got back together after she found out the truth about how Nathan died from Detective Graves. He did so when they talked in her bedroom. They also talked about whether or not she could live with that knowledge, and she agreed she believed she could. As a cop's daughter she knew full well even as she promised Gideon she could live with the truth (in other words, she wasn't going to "turn him in") that she herself was now an active part of his ongoing plan to cover up what he'd done. It's all in Chapter 1.

The subject of his having killed Nathan came up directly again on Friday night (Chapter 8), this time in the context of Gideon's nightmares. The fact he'd killed someone, and now is having nightmares about that on top of his rape nightmares, has now made it even more risky for him to sleep next to Eva, given his parasomnia condition that sometimes makes him actually start acting out for real the imaginary violence going on inside his head during a bad nightmare.

The fact the pair of them are letting the dead Russian "take the fall" is more of their ongoing co-conspiracy to keep him from ever being charged with Nathan's killing. The subject first came up in Chapter 12 and is more fully-blown-out in Chapter 14.

Gideon did it, my friends, and he's confessed to Eva, and she's now protecting him. Whatever plot twists are coming in Books 4 and 5, they're not going to include revelations that someone else did it. Sylvia herself has made clear repeatedly that Gideon did do it, and she has explained as an author why the character of Gideon did what he did.

I know it kills (pun intended) some fans to believe our hero could take the ultimate extreme measure to save Eva's own life. But it was most definitely HIM, not whoever subsequently tampered with evidence by stealing that bracelet off Nathan's corpse, plus some of Nathan's recent stalker photos of Eva, later planting that evidence to try to make it look like the Russian gangster was the killer. That bracelet was still on Nathan when Gideon left the body in the hotel room, and Gideon told Eva so (in Chapter 14.)

Absolutely correct.

Henry-Cavill-Comic-Con-2012.jpg

I know this pic has already been posted and  I'm sorry for reposting, but I couldn't help it

I could look at him for the rest of my life!!

I know this pic has already been posted and  I'm sorry for reposting, but I couldn't help it

I so agree with you Eva. ;)

Such eye candy.

While at dinner with friends tonight, we talked about the books, I told them to put Henry's face to Gideon Cross when reading the story. Holy moly we got quite animated, and loud. The girls went home happy.

Graves figured out the kitchen fire is what made it possible for Gideon to sneak off from the party hotel, go to Nathan's hotel to kill him, then sneak back to the party hotel. And thus he actually could have done so. He had an "opportunity" to get at Nathan.

But because of all the coming and going at the party hotel during the fire and then the clean-up afterward, she'd have a bear of a time trying to prove he left the party hotel for any length of time. Because there were all kinds of witnesses who could say they'd seen him around, but couldn't say exactly what time. There were even people who could testify they talked to him there (firefighters, insurance people, hotel employees, etc.) but they'd only be able to estimate around what time that was. Because he kept moving around, it was impossible to keep constant track of where he was at every single minute.

So there's the doubt. The doubt works both ways -- Graves could actually argue her theory the confusion gave him an opportunity to slip away for a time. BUT just because she figured it out, doesn't mean she can actually prove it beyond reasonable doubt. And her side (cops/prosecution) is the side that's got to prove he actually did slip off. To do it, they'd have to find someone who saw him elsewhere, most especially at or near Nathan's hotel. Unless she could find an eyewitness placing him elsewhere, well then the jury could reasonably doubt it. Especially because the defense would have a slew of witnesses who could prove he was at the party/fire.

Got it.  A little confusing though. 

I love that scene too.  I also love that Gideon always refers to Eva as "wife". Even when he said he wanted to show off his wife.  Eva said no one knows but Gideon said I know.

It is interesting that Eva mostly referred to Gideon as husband when she didn't know where he was. Where is my husband.  I don't know what my husband is doing.   I wonder why? 

Hi Sharonm

I guess Eva is being sarky about the idea of marriage as man and wife sharing their new life together.

I love this picture. 

They said on the news that Superman is breaking records already.  I have a feeling he is going to be off the market for Gideon. 

I so agree with you Eva. ;)

Such eye candy.

While at dinner with friends tonight, we talked about the books, I told them to put Henry's face to Gideon Cross when reading the story. Holy moly we got quite animated, and loud. The girls went home happy.

Hi Julie

I had no doubt whatsoever!!! The Gedeon therapy never fails me!!!!

It is fun in this gutter. 

Think of it more like floating along on one of those 'lazy river' at the water park.  Thinking of whatever makes your heart beat faster and your breath quicken.  Now with that great Gideon pic in mind off we go....................   :)

Think of it more like floating along on one of those 'lazy river' at the water park.  Thinking of whatever makes your heart beat faster and your breath quicken.  Now with that great Gideon pic in mind off we go....................   :)

What a beautiful way to spend a warm, lazy day!!! ;)

hi Gabri

I'm thinking my calendar for next year may just have to be a Henry calendar. If you can't get one in Italy I will send you one. :)

No donkey delivery this time. ;)

Hi Julie

You always come up with the most amazing ideas and sweetest acts of kindness.

DEAL: Let the Henry calendar hunt begin!!!!:D

Hi Julie

You always come up with the most amazing ideas and sweetest acts of kindness.

DEAL: Let the Henry calendar hunt begin!!!!:D

Just googled it Gabri

At this present time they don't exist. But come Christmas I'm sure they will. :)

Just in time for book 4

Ooooh. What a happy Christmas that will be. :)

Lmao!! "Henry and his ladies" its perfect!! 

I bet we can make one online with pictures of him!

We might have too.

There isn't one at the moment. :(

Oh the fun

What a good marketing ploy. Our own Gideon Cross calendar. Starring Henry.

Has he been patented, will we need permission?

If there's money to be made, yes. Or we could start our own calendar for our forum ladies. Titled "Henry and his Ladies"

ha ha ha ha!!

we could indeed!!!!