SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I think the two rings she has in her purse are the new one she just bought for Gideon and her ring (1).

Gideon gave Eva his mother's engagement ring when they were married on the beach.  I think it is because Eva wants another wedding that her family & friends will attend and she will wear the engagement ring now that her engagement is known.

Re-reading it, you might be right about the 'rings' but she does refer to her 'wedding' ring at the lunch with Cary and that could just be the diamond.  LOL  someday we will know for sure :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One follow-up to the legal lesson .... as it applies to a real-life trial in general and the very clever way Sylvia twisted the plot here with the Nathan-bracelet-on-the-dead-gangster.

In the now remote possibility a prosecutor decided to bring Gideon to trial, that prosecutor has to convince the jury beyond reasonable doubt Gideon did it. Gideon does NOT have to prove himself innocent -- the prosecutor HAS to prove the case "beyond reasonable doubt." So really, all Gideon's defense team would need to do is to punch holes in the prosecution's version of the story.

It'd be a slam dunk to punch a hole "big enough to drive a truck through" right now (to use some lawyer snark) by telling the jury about the dead gangster. The defense lawyers would get to cross-examine Detective Graves and her partner all about that. The defense wouldn't even need to come up with witnessed of their own, because the prosecution witnesses themselves (the cops) would be practically a gift to the defense.

In the end, the jury would go into deliberations with two different versions of what might have happened:

Gideon Cross killed Nathan Barker because he decided Barker might possibly kill Eva Trammell some day.

The Russian gangster killed Nathan Barker over some sort of criminal deal gone bad.

How could the jury decide beyond reasonable doubt Gideon did it when it is actually reasonable to believe it was the Russian? Bingo -- there's the reasonable doubt, so the verdict would have to be not guilty.

And if the verdict came back not guilty, it is over forever. The prosecution cannot "appeal" that verdict and ask for a new trial to get another shot at convicting Gideon. The U.S. Constitution forbids something called "double-jeopardy" -- forbids the government from repeatedly trying to convict a citizen of a crime after a jury of other ordinary citizens decided "peers" already decided once the defendant was not guilty.

Really the only option -- well the only smart option -- is for the cops and prosecutors to sit on their hands for now, maybe forever. Unless the cops can come up with proof the Russian gangster didn't do it, that someone attempted to "frame" the Russian for a crime he didn't commit. This worries them -- and ironically, it's got GidEva concerned too. What if the person trying to frame the gangster is an enemy of Gideon, not someone trying to protect him? Whoever did plant evidence against the Russian does know what Gideon did -- because that bracelet was on Nathan's dead body when Gideon left the hotel room.

Hiya.

Because Nathan was being watched by Clancy to protect Eva, to me he is the man to have seen what Gideon did. I'm still going with this theory, with his brothers FBI connections. I'm sure Gideon will give him a job or Stanton.

Then there was his comments to Eva. "You'll be alright" He was also covering his boss's(Stanton's) back. They had motive too.

Correct.   I  also see  more  coming in the  future  books.  

Have you noticed  Gideon wanting Eva  to  submit  more in this  book.    

Scott Elrod  is  my  Gideon!     

But I also see where he allows her to take the lead a lot more also, as the love and trust grows.

Just an observation from re-reading the book. After our silly night of Eva being abducted.

Twice in the book Gideon says to Eva, I will always find you. Once in the nightclub, and when she was driving the DB9 through the tunnel. Tie this in with the trackers being turned off, compact and Rolex, not the burner phone. What do you think. As someone stated, everything is written for a reason.

I've been loving all the Gideon pictures, but especially the occasional moody unsmiling ones. Anyone run across any "dark and dangerous" looking ones? Like maybe when Gideon is watching Eva dancing with Martin or talking to Brett? Sigh...

Been looking for a pic of Henry/Gideon from the Tudors.  His hair was longer and face fuller.  He's a little too thin in the face as Superman, but still easy on the eyes :)

Hiya.

Because Nathan was being watched by Clancy to protect Eva, to me he is the man to have seen what Gideon did. I'm still going with this theory, with his brothers FBI connections.

Then there was his comments to Eva. "You'll be alright" He was also covering his boss's(Stanton's) back. They had motive too.

I believe, too, Clancy is the one who planted the evidence (bracelet, stalking photos of Eva) on the gangster -- to protect her and Gideon, and by extension Monica/Stanton and even himself. Up until the point where Gideon on his own decided to kill Nathan, the whole lot of them (Gideon, Stanton, Monica, Clancy, Angus, probably Raul too) were all actively conspiring to control the Nathan extortion situation. Who's to say that only Gideon himself planned and committed the killing? Not even Eva herself was safe from false accusations she had any sort of hand in the killing. It's one of the reasons Gideon drove her away from him as part of the plot -- for her own protection.

I still think though Angus was somehow involved in the actual killing. Gideon is assuming Angus had nothing to do with the gangster situation, but I'm not so sure. To Angus, Gideon is almost a son, and I can see Angus willing to do anything to protect Gideon. Clancy has got that FBI connection (and thus Mafia organization activity within the United States inside information possible) but Angus used to work for British Foreign Intelligence -- MI6 -- (and thus Russian inside information about the international spread of Russian gangs after the Cold War ended possible)

Personally i don't want Monica and Victor to end up together. I think Victor deserves better!

I'm in agreement with you Victor deserves better!

Monica never chose victor when she had Eva.

She gave up the support of her rich family to have Eva but never went to Victor for support.

She had her chance with Victor then and blew it !

I'd like to see a love interest for Victor in the upcoming books

I believe, too, Clancy is the one who planted the evidence (bracelet, stalking photos of Eva) on the gangster -- to protect her and Gideon, and by extension Monica/Stanton and even himself. Up until the point where Gideon on his own decided to kill Nathan, the whole lot of them (Gideon, Stanton, Monica, Clancy, Angus, probably Raul too) were all actively conspiring to control the Nathan extortion situation. Who's to say that only Gideon himself planned and committed the killing? Not even Eva herself was safe from false accusations she had any sort of hand in the killing. It's one of the reasons Gideon drove her away from him as part of the plot -- for her own protection.

I still think though Angus was somehow involved in the actual killing. Gideon is assuming Angus had nothing to do with the gangster situation, but I'm not so sure. To Angus, Gideon is almost a son, and I can see Angus willing to do anything to protect Gideon. Clancy has got that FBI connection (and thus Mafia organization activity within the United States inside information possible) but Angus used to work for British Foreign Intelligence -- MI6 -- (and thus Russian inside information about the international spread of Russian gangs after the Cold War ended possible)

Hiya.

I agree with this. Angus as seen Gideon go through so much trauma, to lose Eva as well would kill him. Between them Nathan was already a dead man.

Hey I just wanted to tell everyone SD said snippets and snapshots for book 4 are coming soon..! B.B.L..! Gotta go to work now :(

Did she say that at the time you or your friend met her, sorry it is getting on in the afternoon here and my head is like mince LOL :)

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone!!

Welcome to all the new forum members... You all were busy last night took me forever to catch up :)

Just out of curiosity, by what process does one get "validated"? When I signed up a little while back, I thought I could start posting immediately. I kept tying to figure out where on the screen I could hit a reply and couldn't figure it out. Then a day or two later I think I got a message and the screen changed. It still took me a little time to figure out the system - being a little tech challenged. It would be easier if there were a clear Reply button at the bottom of each post, rather than only saying Reply at the bpttom of each page. I've also wondered it it had anything to do with my using an iPad instead of a regular computer.

I realize this info is probably posted somewhere and I've just overlooked it. I'm only going on about it in case some other people who are just readers, have some of the same questions. I'm sure these amazing stories have brought lots of other new people into this world of blogs and fan forums. You just have to have someone to share and discuss with!

And you guys are so friendly and supportive and welcoming - however wild or emotional or bizarre we get with our theories!

Thanks so much!!!

Hey Nrock,

When I signed up I thought I could start posting immediately too!!

The I read that I had to wait to be validated.. It took a few days which felt like forever!

In my status I even put "what does a girl have to do to finally post around here!!" A days later I was validated lol

Now I'm in obsessed with the forum and love it!

Just read a line by Clancy. He tells Eva--Don't worry. You'll be alright. Foreshadowing?

That's what convinced some of us that he had a hand in the Russian Mob guy's death.

We're so all over the place sometimes with everyone having all  these different opinions. So much fun to see which ones come to fruition.

I think that if Tatiana and Trey ever met then the fur would fly indeed!!  I don't think that for one moment, Tatiana would be interested in sharing Cary with ANYONE!!  She has become quite rude and is constantly testing her boundaries with Eva, Gideon and Cary.  I suspect that if anyone is looking for drama, they may get it with these two in the next book.  What do you think?

I think you're right. Tatiana has become very selfish with Cary out nowhere.

Hi Insideofclouds, 

Regardless of whether Tatiana is a source for Deanna or not, I could just see trouble brewing all over the place.  Somehow I couldn't see Tatiana keeping her hands off of Gideon, especially being such close proximity to him.  I could see her accidentally walking in unannounced or waiting for him by the elevators and such.  If Tatiana moves in with Cary it could spell disaster for their relationship.  I am not sad about that at all...boo hoo...not!  Cary deserves better!

I bet she would pull the same stunt she did in Eva's apartment. If she ever tries to do that again Eva would go crazy but I think Gideon would put Tatiana in her place. I just hope we don't get to a point in which she moves in.

Hi Claudine, 

I think that if Tatiana gave Cary an ultimatum, I am not so sure he would pick Tatiana over Eva.  Eva and her family have been extremely good to him and have welcomed him like a son.  I think that he could only come to this conclusion if Tatiana's behaviour escalated and became increasingly nasty toward Eva. 

I really hope that Cary asks for a paternity test, if Tatiana is actually pregnant.  In the last book, Tatiana as also sleeping with her boyfriend so who's to say that it isn't his baby?

He better ask for a paternity test and I'm sure he will!

Hi Kirsten

He has such beautiful eyes.

The eyes are the windows to your soul.

Very expressive. First things I look at. :)

I love his eyes Julie!!

I'm actually dating a guy who's part British, his grandfather's eyes are that blue but unfortunately for me he didn't get those gorgeous blue eyes :(

I'm a sucker for blue eyes lol

I love his eyes Julie!!

I'm actually dating a guy who's part British, his grandfather's eyes are that blue but unfortunately for me he didn't get those gorgeous blue eyes :(

I'm a sucker for blue eyes lol

My husbands eyes were ice blue. :D That's what attracted him to me.