SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Jennpenn926,

You made another good point. I never noticed that the cuffs weren’t attached to anything. If they were attached to something, it wasn’t mentioned in the book. So what you are saying then is that the cuffs were more of a symbolic representation of Gideon binding Eva to him (his heart binding with hers). Am I correct?

I honestly believe they weren't attached to anything. Because he puts the cuffs on her and tells her grip the pillow. Also what really made me think they weren't attached is on page 268 Gideon says "Being bound helps you surrender, but it doesn't have to be literal. It just has to be enough to get you in the right headspace." So yeah I definitely think it was symbolic but eventually he will want to tie her up for real.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jennpenn926,

You made another good point. I never noticed that the cuffs weren’t attached to anything. If they were attached to something, it wasn’t mentioned in the book. So what you are saying then is that the cuffs were more of a symbolic representation of Gideon binding Eva to him (his heart binding with hers). Am I correct?

I honestly believe they weren't attached to anything. Because he puts the cuffs on her and tells her grip the pillow. Also what really made me think they weren't attached is on page 268 Gideon says "Being bound helps you surrender, but it doesn't have to be literal. It just has to be enough to get you in the right headspace." So yeah I definitely think it was symbolic but eventually he will want to tie her up for real.

I seem to be off in most of my guesses. Another area I was off was at some point earlier in the book, I thought maybe Tatiana was going to be and was being portrayed as kind of a good guy. She did at least 3 nice things: she rushed right to Cary when she got back from Prague when she heard about his beating. She wore the naughty nurse outfit to cheer him up - which showed her understanding of him, and she did say take care of him for me when she was leaving. I also figured she had to be cut a little slack because what woman wouldn't have been a little jealous of Eva's relationship with Cary and more than a little suspicious of it? Some of the tabloids were speculating about a relationship between them as well - that Cary was Eva's bit of side action, or however they put it. I know also she did give Gideon a come on smile when she met him, but honestly, what woman wouldn't? Oh and also the nice robe comment later.

Then suddenly, to me anyway, she is a real bit*ch in Entwined. I was surprised and wondered if Sylvia had also changed her mind about her and needed her to take a different role in the plot.

Signed, Clueless

Hi Nrock, 

Tatiana did an about face!  She completely changed and I have to wonder why?  It seemed like her and Cary's relationship was the better choice.  Tatiana never asked Cary to choose and accepted his sexuality, but could she have been saying that just to snag Cary?  Or worse to trap him into marriage because of the pregnancy? 

I have a feeling that we are going to see a lot more drama between Cary and Tatiana before anyone gets their happily ever after.  I wonder where Trey will factor into this whole mess?  Do you think that he will finally get fed up and walk away?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Jennpenn926, 

No worries about the postings.  I think that has happened to all of us one time or another.  It's all good.  :)

I read your posting and I was wondering: what do you think Gideon's ultimate goal is?  What is his fantasy?  It is true that he seems to be prepping Eva for something, but the question is what?  Do you have any ideas?

I was surprised too. I never got that vibe from her in the previous books. Her attitude towards Eva surprised me because doesn't she know she's also sharing Cary with Trey? You would think she would have that attitude more towards him if she ever does meet him

I think that if Tatiana and Trey ever met then the fur would fly indeed!!  I don't think that for one moment, Tatiana would be interested in sharing Cary with ANYONE!!  She has become quite rude and is constantly testing her boundaries with Eva, Gideon and Cary.  I suspect that if anyone is looking for drama, they may get it with these two in the next book.  What do you think? 

I'm thinking, that Gideon and Evas wedding will appear early in book 4 as LN stated, fending off the exes, letting everyone know that Eva is Gideons.

But that they will renew their vows to each other in front of family and friends. Also, so Victor can give his daughters hand officially to Gideon.

Monica can go whistle. :)

Hi Julie, 

I wonder what vows Eva and Gideon will say to one another?  Will they repeat the same vows they said on the beach (thereby making the second ceremony a llittle more intimate) and have a little pleasant shared secret or will they go a different route?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Am I the only one who found Monica's reactions to Gideon a bit strange in this book. In the first 2 books she was constantly prodding Eva for information on the situation with Gideon and giving (unwanted) advice on how to keep him.

However after the break up in RIY she stops asking. She also doesn't seem as enthusiastic (to me anyways) when she learns they are back together and she makes a strange comment about Gideon having secrets when Eva admits to telling him about the tracking device in her watch.

Maybe its just because of the strain already present in her relationship with Eva but I think she might know something about what Gideon did. Maybe she gave Clancy the information about the bracelet - so he'd know what to plant on the fall guy.

Did anyone else get this impression?

Hi Rogue,

I wonder if Monica is slowly beginning to realize that her daughter is finally moving on with her life.  It always seemed to me that Monica used her “frailty†as a way to control Eva and also used her past as a way to get away with bloody murder when it came to some of stunts that Monica pulled on Eva during her life.

I wonder if Monica is beginning to pull away because she realizes that she isn’t going tohave the same influence over Eva and that Gideon will be keeping Monica in check.  I think that Monica realizes that she isn’t going to be able to pull the same stunts with Eva without getting Gideon involved and Gideon has her number (as the saying goes).  What do you think?

You're right.  It would be clear to everyone that Gideon is off the market and all the exes need to move on if they want to find happiness.  It might also help Corinne start reconcile with JFG because it will be clear to both of them that nothing is going to happen with Corinne and Gideon. 

Hi Sharon, 

I agree.  I stated it earlier, that I thought if any conversation were to occur between Gideon and Corinne, it should be with her psychiatrist present (so she can help if Corinne falls apart).  My only addition was that if Gideon never told Corinne why he let her walk away, he should do so all at the same time and let the woman off the hook emotionally (at least for that part).

I think that is also a good idea to tell her that he is married and has moved on with is life and that she should do the same.  I think that he should appologize for inadvertently leading her on and be done with entire situation once and for all.  Then the rest is up to Corinne.  What do you think?

I wouldn't mind that especially if it is in 3rd person or from Gideon's point of view.  It could answer a lot of questions. 

BTW I didn't mind it in FSOG.  I think the book ended to abruptly but it was good to see that CG ended up in the right place.

Hi Sharon, 

I didn't mind Fifty Shades of Grey either.  :)

Evening--

This is my very first post and I just cannot read all 98 pages but I have been browsing for days.  I love, love love Gideon and Eva.  Gideon got under my skin from the first few pages of BTY.  Some thoughts.

• I think the theory of Clancy being Nathan's killer is an interesting one and something I have thought about since seeing it here.
  • There is something totally creepy about Deanna.  I cannot seem to put my finger on it but I think she is major trouble.
  • Corinne needs to just go back to France.  An annoying person.  Her husband needs to grow a set of balls and deal.  Just sick of her.
  • I do not thing Graves is truly on Eva and Gideon's side.  Just a feeling like I have about Deanna.
  • Henry is the hottest guy I have seen in a very long time.  I may even have to see SUPERMAN.  lol
  • I love how Gideon has opened up to Eva in EWY.  
I could go on but I am very happy to be able to start sharing opinions and thoughts here.  You guys rock.
Hiya

Glad you could join us. :D

Could someone please tell me the number of the New Year's snippet that's been referred to several times? Or the easiest way to find it? The one I mean is said to be from Gideon's point of view. I must have missed it - didn't join the fun until a month or two ago. Thanks in advance.

Hi Nrock, 

Let's see if this works:

http://www.sylviaday.com/category/snippet/

If you click on that you should be able to find which ever snippets that you are looking for.  I think that the snippet that you are looking for is between snippet 6 and 5.  I hope that helps.  :)

Correct.   I  also see  more  coming in the  future  books.  

Have you noticed  Gideon wanting Eva  to  submit  more in this  book.    

Scott Elrod  is  my  Gideon!

In previous posts, we are expecting the sex swing to appear, and as red is their colour, so the swing will be red!! Rawr!!!

Evening--

This is my very first post and I just cannot read all 98 pages but I have been browsing for days.  I love, love love Gideon and Eva.  Gideon got under my skin from the first few pages of BTY.  Some thoughts.

• I think the theory of Clancy being Nathan's killer is an interesting one and something I have thought about since seeing it here.
  • There is something totally creepy about Deanna.  I cannot seem to put my finger on it but I think she is major trouble.
  • Corinne needs to just go back to France.  An annoying person.  Her husband needs to grow a set of balls and deal.  Just sick of her.
  • I do not thing Graves is truly on Eva and Gideon's side.  Just a feeling like I have about Deanna.
  • Henry is the hottest guy I have seen in a very long time.  I may even have to see SUPERMAN.  lol
  • I love how Gideon has opened up to Eva in EWY.  

I could go on but I am very happy to be able to start sharing opinions and thoughts here.  You guys rock.

Hi GLH, 

Welcome to te forum!  I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)

Hi Rogue,

It will be interesting to see if Sylvia gives a quick time line of Monica’s past married lives. I wonder why she left husband number two. We all know why dumped Barker, but what the deal with the second husband? I also wonder if Monica had any contact with Victor during those years.

hi Gigi

She left Mitchell because of his gambling, it was mentioned in Las Vegas.

Can't be gambling all of Monica's pocket money now!! ;)

Sorry if this has already been discussed (I'm late to the discussion party!), but while I don't doubt G wanted to marry our Eva, I wonder if he rushed so that she wouldn't have to testify against him should he ever have charges brought against him. Generally, spouses don't have to testify against one another.

Hi MVince, 

Welcome to the forum!  I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)

I think that Gideon married Eva for the emotional security that act provided.  It seemed to settle both Eva and Gideon down afterwards.  You are correct that in most cases; a wife cannot testify against her husband (unless she wants to). 

Hi Julie, 

I wonder what vows Eva and Gideon will say to one another?  Will they repeat the same vows they said on the beach (thereby making the second ceremony a llittle more intimate) and have a little pleasant shared secret or will they go a different route?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi

I'm going the route of something different for their vows for the second time. The first time was intimate, just for them (and Angus).

They will probably have a big bash if Monica has anything to do with it, but I preferred the first time. Just them. So much more romantic. :)

YAY!!! I just got validated today... :) Must say I devoured EWY the very first day I found it at Costco and bought it. Just wow!!! Left me with a lot of open questions that leave me dying for the next book!

Having said that, I've browsed through like the first 10 pages of this, and have to say a lot of the theories and thoughts make a lot of sense. I even agree with some of them! I loved that Gideon finally opened up to Eva more...though I find, as many others here, that Eva needs to put a lid on her "relationship" with Brett...or things are not going to end well. 

Hi Celaithien, 

Hi MVince, 

I think that Gideon married Eva for the emotional security that act provided.  It seemed to settle both Eva and Gideon down afterwards.  You are correct that in most cases; a wife cannot testify against her husband (unless she wants to).

hi Gigi

We had this conversation, apparently it doesn't cover crimes before they married only after. I offered this as a solution, so Eva would never have to testify against Gideon if charged. Blew that out the water!

I read someone mention that maybe she is faking her pregnancy which really wouldn't surprise me but maybe this is her way of trying to finally get a hold of Cary completely which will not happen. I wonder how she's going to react when she finds out he's moving in with Mr. and Mrs. Cross. But hey if she's Deanna's source then I bet she'll want to move in too and keep feeding Deanna with more info. 

Hi Insideofclouds, 

Regardless of whether Tatiana is a source for Deanna or not, I could just see trouble brewing all over the place.  Somehow I couldn't see Tatiana keeping her hands off of Gideon, especially being such close proximity to him.  I could see her accidentally walking in unannounced or waiting for him by the elevators and such.  If Tatiana moves in with Cary it could spell disaster for their relationship.  I am not sad about that at all...boo hoo...not!  Cary deserves better!

Hi Gigi

I'm going the route of something different for their vows for the second time. The first time was intimate, just for them (and Angus).

They will probably have a big bash if Monica has anything to do with it, but I preferred the first time. Just them. So much more romantic. :)

Hi Julie, 

I agree. I am sure that Monica would settle for nothing less than a huge bash.  What I wondered about was whether they would include some of their original vows.  it would be like a little secret between the two of them that no one else would know about.  I couldn't see those two prattling off standard vows.  It would almost seem cold and impersonal.  Who knows?  I guess we the readers will have to wait and see what Gideon and Eva tell Sylvia... :)

hi Gigi

We had this conversation, apparently it doesn't cover crimes before they married only after. I offered this as a solution, so Eva would never have to testify against Gideon if charged. Blew that out the water!

Hi Julie, 

What we know for a fact is that Gideon married Eva for emotional security.  They both settled down afterwards.  The legal issue about a wife not being able to testify against her husband was just an added bonus and most likely an after-thought. 

My question would be how could the detectives prove that Gideon told Eva about the murder before they were married and not after?  I couldn't see how they could possibly do that.  Isn't the question for the detectives (or the criminal courts), when did Eva find out that her husband committed a crime or does none of that matter?

Anyone with legal expertise want to chyme in here? 

Hi Julie, 

I agree. I am sure that Monica would settle for nothing less than a huge bash.  What I wondered about was whether they would include some of their original vows.  it would be like a little secret between the two of them that no one else would know about.  I couldn't see those two prattling off standard vows.  It would almost seem cold and impersonal.  Who knows?  I guess we the readers will have to wait and see what Gideon and Eva tell Sylvia... :)

Hi Gigi

I do actually like the fact, that we didn't hear the vows this time, it made it deeply intimate. But when it happens a second time.........I've bought my hat already!! :D