SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All things considered, too, Eva was really smart to keep a leash on her temper and her hands off Corrine -- because a scene in that crowded lobby with lots of witnesses plus security cameras -- could have created legal peril (at the time it still wasn't safe for Gideon and Eva to be seen together).

What's worse, it could have also created a tabloid scandal. Someone would have gotten cell phone pictures and video of Corrine Giroux and Eva Trammell literally fighting over Gideon Cross - imagine that going viral over the Internet. It could have easily been an especially spectacular mess, because Corrine was now literally crazy and so who knows how postal she would have gone.

Eva would have looked especially bad since Corinne was pregnant. Fighting with a pregnant woman? She would have been thrown to the wolves.

Now that I think about maybe book 5 will come to Sylvia more from Gideon's point of view.  She said in an interview that, so far, she is only getting Eva's point of view.

I was hoping that book 5 maybe a more family situation for Gideon/Eva, maybe a reconcile with Gideon's family, maybe a baby for Gideon and Eva, I know that is a jump ahead and we did not like it in FSOG but I think that if the book ends with them all healed then personally I would want to know more like did they have a family, what would they be like as parents, what would Gideon be like with Eva being pregnant xx

I was surprised too. I never got that vibe from her in the previous books. Her attitude towards Eva surprised me because doesn't she know she's also sharing Cary with Trey? You would think she would have that attitude more towards him if she ever does meet him

Hi Gabri

Is this how your Italian Gideon looks? And is this how you react when he walks past you. You little minx!!

:wub:

His hair is a little longer. And yes, this is how I reacted after recovering from the shock of having him at less than a stone's throw from me!!!!!

Haha that's hilarious Julie!

And gabri I'm LOVING your avatar pic!!

Thank you, insideofclouds

I couldn't hold his gaze any longer! lol

I am wondering about Gideon's phone call with Monica towards the end (I think) of the book when he tries to calm her down. I wonder what was discussed. Wasn't it a lengthy phone call?

Eva tells Megumi he inquired about how she was doing  after the break.

He might have added that he had dumped Eva only because his feelings for her had become too intense, which scared the h e l l out of him... and that he could only hope that Eva would forgive him.

I bet Mommica was about to pass out over the phone!!!

Eva tells Megumi he inquired about how she was doing  after the break.

He might have added that he had dumped Eva only because his feelings for her had become too intense, which scared the h e l l out of him... and that he could only hope that Eva would forgive him.

I bet Mommica was about to pass out over the phone!!!

As usual Gabri, Monica probably saw those dollar signs dancing in front of her eyes. Mr Megabucks wants her daughters hand in marriage. I bet Monica was out that door buying her hat! Lol

There's an old adage," snake talks with fork tongue"

For heavens sake, she's a journalist(no disrespect to any journalists here) she is after a good story, that's what she does. This woman has bills to pay, do you think she cares about people's feelings(mind you, Gideon didn't care about hers in his f*ckpad). Why suddenly change tack. Gideon giving her attention. Hmm. I'm being cynical again. She is up to no good.

She is definitely up to no good.

Man i have  a lot of catching up to do this week. lol

As usual Gabri, Monica probably saw those dollar signs dancing in front of her eyes. Mr Megabucks wants her daughters hand in marriage. I bet Monica was out that door buying her hat! Lol

You are right Julie. It's her usual view on marriage. Eva is worried about Monica's inability to change her (Monica's) outlook on so many things, anf justly so!!

Am I the only one who found Monica's reactions to Gideon a bit strange in this book. In the first 2 books she was constantly prodding Eva for information on the situation with Gideon and giving (unwanted) advice on how to keep him.

However after the break up in RIY she stops asking. She also doesn't seem as enthusiastic (to me anyways) when she learns they are back together and she makes a strange comment about Gideon having secrets when Eva admits to telling him about the tracking device in her watch.

Maybe its just because of the strain already present in her relationship with Eva but I think she might know something about what Gideon did. Maybe she gave Clancy the information about the bracelet - so he'd know what to plant on the fall guy.

Did anyone else get this impression?

Am I the only one who found Monica's reactions to Gideon a bit strange in this book. In the first 2 books she was constantly prodding Eva for information on the situation with Gideon and giving (unwanted) advice on how to keep him.

However after the break up in RIY she stops asking. She also doesn't seem as enthusiastic (to me anyways) when she learns they are back together and she makes a strange comment about Gideon having secrets when Eva admits to telling him about the tracking device in her watch.

Maybe its just because of the strain already present in her relationship with Eva but I think she might know something about what Gideon did. Maybe she gave Clancy the information about the bracelet - so he'd know what to plant on the fall guy.

Did anyone else get this impression?

She is definitely hiding something. To the point of being sneaky. :(

She is definitely up to no good.

Man i have  a lot of catching up to do this week. lol

Have a seat, a comfortable one, relax and enjoy!!!!

Ok girls! Is it nearly Gideon o'clock time? Lol

I've just been on the plane flight again, now in the windward islands. Yummy! So love this part of the book.

I'm waiiiiiting!!!!

Gedeon where are you? Looking for my little donkey gone missing in action?  If ever you shoud find Eeyore AND MY BOOK,"thy reward shall be precious", I promise!!!

I have a question about one of my all time favorite scenes--the airplane ride to the Caribbean. 

When Gideon was introducing Eva to the cuffs he told her to close her eyes and use your safeword before you open you eyes if you have to.

Then he said "Let's be very clear about this, Eva.  Your safeword isn't for me It's for you.  All you have to say to me is no or stop, but just like wearing the cuffs makes you feel bound, saying your safeword will put your mind in the right place.  Do you understand?' 

Where is the right place he wants her mind that means no?  Just curious.

I am also curious if the cuffs were attached to something else (like the bed) besides to her wrists.  Later when she went to the bathroom and eyed the shower, she remembered she still have the cuffs on.  so were they attached to anything ?

I'm waiiiiiting!!!!

Gedeon where are you? Looking for my little donkey gone missing in action?  If ever you shoud find Eeyore AND MY BOOK,"thy reward shall be precious", I promise!!!

OMG !

Gabri, I can't believe it's still missing. Where did you order it from?

Can I get you one here and send it to you? I don't mind.

I wonder if our little donkey got ambushed in France!!!

:(

I am also curious if the cuffs were attached to something else (like the bed) besides to her wrists. Later when she went to the bathroom and eyed the shower, she remembered she still have the cuffs on. so were they attached to anything ?

The cuffs weren't attached to anything. Gideon unhooked the silk ribbon joining the cuffs. It wasn't quite bondage, just cuffs. He placed them on her wrists, and told her to grip the pillow either sides.

Gideon won't take Eva anywhere she can't go because of her abuse, that's why he told her to safe word before she opened her eyes, to put her mind at ease. He s afraid of triggering her, which would destroy them as a couple. She needs control, to be able to say no, which she lost when Nathan raped her. That's why Gideon always makes sure her head is in the right place. Hope that makes sense.

I seem to be off in most of my guesses. Another area I was off was at some point earlier in the book, I thought maybe Tatiana was going to be and was being portrayed as kind of a good guy. She did at least 3 nice things: she rushed right to Cary when she got back from Prague when she heard about his beating. She wore the naughty nurse outfit to cheer him up - which showed her understanding of him, and she did say take care of him for me when she was leaving. I also figured she had to be cut a little slack because what woman wouldn't have been a little jealous of Eva's relationship with Cary and more than a little suspicious of it? Some of the tabloids were speculating about a relationship between them as well - that Cary was Eva's bit of side action, or however they put it. I know also she did give Gideon a come on smile when she met him, but honestly, what woman wouldn't? Oh and also the nice robe comment later.

Then suddenly, to me anyway, she is a real bit*ch in Entwined. I was surprised and wondered if Sylvia had also changed her mind about her and needed her to take a different role in the plot.

Signed, Clueless

I think when she was with Cary he was taking pain meds which have strange effect on people.  I remember when I had surgery awhile ago my husband said I talked in my sleep.  It is possible that the medication either made Cary talk in his sleep and Tatiana asked about his mumbling or the medication made him loose lipped giving her too much information about Gideon, Eva, etc.  She took the information and decided to use it to her advantage.  I'm also thinking that the pregnancy is a fraud too.  Maybe she senses that Cary wants to move on with Trey and she wants to continue to milk Cary for more information that may get her money.