SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Gideon wants Eva to be able to control any situation where sex is concerned, by using her safeword. With Nathan she lost the right to say no, she lost the control. Gideon knows that when having sex, trying something new, could trigger her, he would be devastated if he was responsible for that situation. It could destroy them. So he always makes sure, she is in the right mindset, and reminds her of her safe-word.

I agree

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gideon wants Eva to be able to control any situation where sex is concerned, by using her safeword. With Nathan she lost the right to say no, she lost the control. Gideon knows that when having sex, trying something new, could trigger her, he would be devastated if he was responsible for that situation. It could destroy them. So he always makes sure, she is in the right mindset, and reminds her of her safe-word.

I love all of these thoughts everyone has, makes the books mean so much more!!

Hi Sheens263,

I think that Eva will get a wedding band if she doesn’t already have one in her pocket.  I think that she isn’t wearing one because she doesn’t want to call attention to the fact that they are already married.  She is saving face for her mother and friends.  I don’t think that Gideon wearing a band won’t attract that much attention though.  Some people may see it as a promise band and might not read too much into it.  It isn’t a traditional design and that may be its saving grace.

HI all ..... I'm trying to catch up and this may have stated already so sorry it restating ...

In Chp 20 when Eva has lunch with Cary she states......."grateful that I'd tucked my wedding ring into the zippered pocket of my purse."    Then later when she went back to Gideon's office she stttes ...." I unzipped the small pocket and drew out the rings inside it, slipping mine on."  Guess we will hear about the wedding ring when they get 'married' again. 

So it sounds like there are 2 rings but she isnt wearing the wedding band publicly just the engagement ring, whereas our boy doesn't give a crap who knows he married to her.  Gotta love him even more :)   

HI all ..... I'm trying to catch up and this may have stated already so sorry it restating ...

In Chp 20 when Eva has lunch with Cary she states......."grateful that I'd tucked my wedding ring into the zippered pocket of my purse."    Then later when she went back to Gideon's office she stttes ...." I unzipped the small pocket and drew out the rings inside it, slipping mine on."  Guess we will hear about the wedding ring when they get 'married' again. 

So it sounds like there are 2 rings but she isnt wearing the wedding band publicly just the engagement ring, whereas our boy doesn't give a crap who knows he married to her.  Gotta love him even more :)   

I foresee another Mommica emotional outburst early in Book Four " .... oh Eva, honey, how could you get married and not even tell me .... "

Once she calms down, though, Mommica will be relieved that Eva accomplished Mommica's own goal for her daughter -- to marry a rich and powerful man.

I got it to mean that if Eva just said No or Stop she would continually think about it and digest it and regress back into a dark place about not having the control as she used to say Stop and No to Nathan and he never did but saying Crossfire she knows without a doubt that everything would be stopped and she had control of the situation. :)

Thanks.  I can't tell you how many times I re-read this section trying to fit these pieces together (not to mention I love the plane ride and the wedding) and they just didn't fit. 

Gideon is a good man at heart, and perfect for Eva in every way, he just needs to continue to communicate outside the bedroom.  He also needs to kick his exes to the curb but then again Eva needs to do that too.  ass-kicking.gif

not-available.gif

not-available.gif

She had lunch with Cary.

After work she met JFG. When she left him, Angus took her shopping to get Gideon a wedding band.

When she returned to his office she took hers out, then his, and gave it to him.

Hi Insideofclouds, 

At the end of the day, Corinne is absolutely responsible for her actions.  She decided to swallow that bottle of pills and as a result she will have to live with the very unfortunate consequences of knowing that those actions led to the miscarriage of her pregnancy.  I hope that Gideon realizes that as well and that just because his father committed suicide, he isn't responsible for everyone else's suicide (Hugh's or Corinne's attempt).

You're absolutely right GiGi!

personally I think it is Clancy but maybe acting on instruction from Stanton to keep Eva out of the police and keep her happy.  I would hope there is no underworld situation in the next book, I don't actually think I could cope with more drama for these two, they have had enough and sometimes more drama can be overkill in a book.  We need them to have happy time now and get on with their lives and issues :)

I couldn't survive more "underworld drama" like you said!! I just want them to continue moving forward and better each other and themselves and this Nathan crap is like a anchor they can't cut loose.

Thanks.  I can't tell you how many times I re-read this section trying to fit these pieces together (not to mention I love the plane ride and the wedding) and they just didn't fit. 

Gideon is a good man at heart, and perfect for Eva in every way, he just needs to continue to communicate outside the bedroom.  He also needs to kick his exes to the curb but then again Eva needs to do that too.  ass-kicking.gif

not-available.gif

not-available.gif

You are right here

not-available.gif

not-available.gif

OMG Sharon, that gif is a riot!!! Or as our Lovely Ladies across "The Pond" in the U.K. would say, it's "bloody brilliant!"

But Tatiana wasnt there the night of the orgy. Nor would she know about the fight between Gideon and Brett. Cary is too loyal to Eva, he would not be telling these stories to someone like Tatiana, who he doesn't even particularly like himself.

Also have to recall that Tatiana was out of the country at the time of Cary's attack which was same night as the fight ( E & G headed to beach right from the concert).  While the jury is still out on whether or not she is pregnant, I'm sure there will be a showdown with Eva sometime in the next 2 books.  

OMG Sharon, that gif is a riot!!! Or as our Lovely Ladies across "The Pond" in the U.K. would say, it's "bloody brilliant!"

Lol

Are you imitating me lady!!! LMAO

:D

Ok. Lesson time for Julie .

What's a cattle-call RFP? I get the RFP bit.

Thank you ladies in advance. :)

Similar concept to "cattle-call" acting auditions. Cattle call is a slang expression for "open" auditions -- pretty much any actor/actress or even wanna-be could be encouraged to audition for a role.

With the RFP, it's an open bidding situation -- putting the word out anyone is invited to submit a bid. It's different from what happened when Eva's agency got the Kingsman account -- they were specifically invited to submit an RFP. They weren't competing against other agencies.

Similar concept to "cattle-call" acting auditions. Cattle call is a slang expression for "open" auditions -- pretty much any actor/actress or even wanna-be could be encouraged to audition for a role.

With the RFP, it's an open bidding situation -- putting the word out anyone is invited to submit a bid. It's different from what happened when Eva's agency got the Kingsman account -- they were specifically invited to submit an RFP. They weren't competing against other agencies.

See, I knew I could rely on you. Thank you. All makes sense now. It kept on stumping me. :)

See, I knew I could rely on you. Thank you. All makes sense now. It kept on stumping me. :)

Former journalists like me often end up going over to the "dark side" of public relations and advertising. In real life, I've seen people compete in the RFP process, which can get pretty cut throat -- newbies trying to undercut existing agencies in order to steal away clients.

As I do that part of my job that is routine and repetitive (those things we all have to do but put off) the phone call from Cary to Eva popped into my head.  The one when he was angry because she told him about moving in with Gideon via a phone call.   It is another thing that Mommica had to stick her noise in; what did she hope to get from Cary?  His help in getting Eva to not move in with Gideon.  Monica really needs to stay out of Eva's business.  I'm thinking now that Gideon is her husband; she is going to have to relinquish her control.  Gideon isn't going to like her interfering.  If I have the timeline correct it is August, is Gideon going to be happy with a December wedding?  December is still four months away however, red is their color and it will fit in perfectly with a wedding in December. 

I wonder how Sylvia is going to move time forward in the next two books since the first three have very little time jumps. 

As I do that part of my job that is routine and repetitive (those things we all have to do but put off) the phone call from Cary to Eva popped into my head.  The one when he was angry because she told him about moving in with Gideon via a phone call.   It is another thing that Mommica had to stick her noise in; what did she hope to get from Cary?  His help in getting Eva to not move in with Gideon.  Monica really needs to stay out of Eva's business.  I'm thinking now that Gideon is her husband; she is going to have to relinquish her control.  Gideon isn't going to like her interfering.  If I have the timeline correct it is August, is Gideon going to be happy with a December wedding?  December is still four months away however, red is their color and it will fit in perfectly with a wedding in December. 

I wonder how Sylvia is going to move time forward in the next two books since the first three have very little time jumps. 

I've got this vision of somewhere in the first few chapters of Book Four, the sensational news breaking "Gideon Cross Marries Eva Trammell In Private Ceremony On A Caribbean Beach!!!!" Exclusive photos from freelance journalist Deanna Johnson!!!!! 

Thus the December wedding is going to be a moot point. The only reason Eva wanted to keep up a front We're-Engaged is to appease Mommica and head off her (Monica) pitching one of her emotional tantrums over the fact her daughter up and eloped. Eva's still regressing sometimes when it comes to knee-jerk appeasing of her mother, but fortunately, New Eva is learning how to stand up to Monica.

Think about what Gideon and Eva talked about in Chapter 8, once they both figured out that part of Deanna's evil idea to paint Gideon as a violent crazy was going to involve painting Eva as a s.l.u.t caught in bed with two men (a lie) and caught in the arms of Brett Kline (true). Eva pointed out that Crisis Management 101 would be for Gideon to defuse a brewing scandal by distancing himself from Eva. Gideon's counterpoint to that was to point out the other option would be to marry Eva.

So now as Book Four opens:

• Eva and Cary are supposed to go to San Diego for the weekend.
  • Brett's scheduled to be in concert in San Diego that weekend.
  • Gideon is still scrambling to defuse the sex tape situation.

Show the world proof Eva is everything in his eyes (so even if the worst happens with that tape, it won't matter in the end)  -- and -- make Brett once and for all give up on trying to woo Eva? Let the story "slip" that she's Mrs. Gideon Cross. Kills two birds with one stone.

It'd come full circle from that first thing he did the day they became a full-fledged couple: arranged for a paparazzi "candid" picture of them kissing followed by a news release from Cross Industries identifying Eva by name as a socialite who definitely is his significant other. Think about how he deliberately manipulated the media too, for his own ends (desperate ones in this case) to make everyone believe he'd dumped Eva for Corrine.

I've got this vision of somewhere in the first few chapters of Book Four, the sensational news breaking "Gideon Cross Marries Eva Trammell In Private Ceremony On A Caribbean Beach!!!!" Exclusive photos from freelance journalist Deanna Johnson!!!!! 

Thus the December wedding is going to be a moot point. The only reason Eva wanted to keep up a front We're-Engaged is to appease Mommica and head off her (Monica) pitching one of her emotional tantrums over the fact her daughter up and eloped. Eva's still regressing sometimes when it comes to knee-jerk appeasing of her mother, but fortunately, New Eva is learning how to stand up to Monica.

Think about what Gideon and Eva talked about in Chapter 8, once they both figured out that part of Deanna's evil idea to paint Gideon as a violent crazy was going to involve painting Eva as a s.l.u.t caught in bed with two men (a lie) and caught in the arms of Brett Kline (true). Eva pointed out that Crisis Management 101 would be for Gideon to defuse a brewing scandal by distancing himself from Eva. Gideon's counterpoint to that was to point out the other option would be to marry Eva.

So now as Book Four opens:

• Eva and Cary are supposed to go to San Diego for the weekend.
  • Brett's scheduled to be in concert in San Diego that weekend.
  • Gideon is still scrambling to defuse the sex tape situation.

Show the world proof Eva is everything in his eyes (so even if the worst happens with that tape, it won't matter in the end)  -- and -- make Brett once and for all give up on trying to woo Eva? Let the story "slip" that she's Mrs. Gideon Cross. Kills two birds with one stone.

It'd come full circle from that first thing he did the day they became a full-fledged couple: arranged for a paparazzi "candid" picture of them kissing followed by a news release from Cross Industries identifying Eva by name as a socialite who definitely is his significant other. Think about how he deliberately manipulated the media too, for his own ends (desperate ones in this case) to make everyone believe he'd dumped Eva for Corrine.

And they all lived happily ever after. Hooray! :)

OK, dragging over into the main spoiler thread from chapter-per-day some silliness spinning of Tatiana .... who came up in the course of discussion about Eva's skills in Krav Maga but has yet to do any b.u.t.t kicking (probably won't either, though some of us can dream.)

Eva's gotten in two good verbal catfights already (Magdalene in the ladies room in Bared to You and Corrine outside her apartment in Reflected in You). But none of the wenches (well, Maggie was a wench at the time but turned out to be a good person) has tried laying a hand on Ms. Trammell (er, Mrs. Cross but-that's-a-secret).

If anyone is capable though, of getting physical with Eva, it's Baby Mama from h.e.l.l. Probably when Tat finds out Cary is moving into a one-bedroom penthouse unit the Crosses have on Fifth Avenue, and Tat is NOT welcome to move too.

Tat would be d.a.m.n lucky Eva knows about the (supposed) pregnancy, because it'd be the one thing that would make Eva halt at one fast self-defensive move instead of kicking Tat's b.u.t.t.

Ah, lunchtime silly fantasies. Feel free, ladies, to expand on visions of Tat-on-Eva showdown. Blood Thirsty Thursday is now in session and all the bad guys and girls are up for dishing.

I think Tatiana would go for a hair grab and then Eva would knock her OUT. No where near the belly of course but hey being pregnant does not give you a free pass to get physical with someone and have them take it like its all good.

Tatiana would probably give Cary an ultimatum.

Byeeeeeeeeeee Tat. So long. Farewell. Ciao baby. Don't slam the door behind you!