SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I also really didn't like when she had a memory of sucking Brett's nipple rings to get him hard inside her ,can you imagine if Gideon kept thinking about sucking Corrine's nipples to get her...Couldn't get why she was in that headspace .[/quote

I know I was LMAO when I read that thought I mean is SD trying to drive us crazy????

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question about one of my all time favorite scenes--the airplane ride to the Caribbean. 

When Gideon was introducing Eva to the cuffs he told her to close her eyes and use your safeword before you open you eyes if you have to.

Then he said "Let's be very clear about this, Eva.  Your safeword isn't for me It's for you.  All you have to say to me is no or stop, but just like wearing the cuffs makes you feel bound, saying your safeword will put your mind in the right place.  Do you understand?' 

Where is the right place he wants her mind that means no?  Just curious.

I have a question about one of my all time favorite scenes--the airplane ride to the Caribbean. 

When Gideon was introducing Eva to the cuffs he told her to close her eyes and use your safeword before you open you eyes if you have to.

Then he said "Let's be very clear about this, Eva.  Your safeword isn't for me It's for you.  All you have to say to me is no or stop, but just like wearing the cuffs makes you feel bound, saying your safeword will put your mind in the right place.  Do you understand?' 

I was confused by that also!

I just read your post a million times trying to make sense of it just like I did when reading the book.... I got nothing.

Actually I like Monica and Stanton together and I don't want them to break up . I'd like to see Victor with a career woman that is all heart like his daughter and of course beautiful so Monica can seeth with jealousy!! LOL He needs to give it back to her big time!!

I haven't read through all of the posts here as I've been crazy busy the past few days, but this popped up and I have to agree. I don't want Victor with Monica. I don't think Monica is good enough for Victor... sorry.

Then he said "Let's be very clear about this, Eva. Your safeword isn't for me It's for you. All you have to say to me is no or stop, but just like wearing the cuffs makes you feel bound, saying your safeword will put your mind in the right place. Do you understand?'

Where is the right place he wants her mind that means no? Just curious.

I can relate to this on personal level but we won't go into detail. The right frame of mind Gideon wants Eva to be in is a submissive one. If you read the cuffs attach to Eva but not to anything else, so she really isn't bound to anything. But Gideon wants her to feel bound and helpless to him. "A prisoner to his l.ust" without pushing her to far. The safeword really is for her to give her peace of mind that she can stop the encounter at any moment.

I haven't read through all of the posts here as I've been crazy busy the past few days, but this popped up and I have to agree. I don't want Victor with Monica. I don't think Monica is good enough for Victor... sorry.

I have to agree with everyone who is anti-Victor/Monica.  I don't think they would be happy with each other even if they tried to go there.  I would like to see Monica release Victor somehow so that he can move on and find someone who would love him.  I know Monica says she loves him but Victor needs someone who will, not only love him but love the life he can give them. I think the life Victor offers is a good one for most women. 

This is a good man who loves his daughter and wants what is best for her.  He recognized that she was going through something (her mother didn't) and found appropriate help for her.  My guess is the shrinks that didn't connect with Eva were high priced guys instead of shrinks who knew how to connect with a young person.  Victor found someone who used different tactics to reach his young patients. 

I can relate to this on personal level but we won't go into detail. The right frame of mind Gideon wants Eva to be in is a submissive one. If you read the cuffs attach to Eva but not to anything else, so she really isn't bound to anything. But Gideon wants her to feel bound and helpless to him. "A prisoner to his l.ust" without pushing her to far. The safeword really is for her to give her peace of mind that she can stop the encounter at any moment.

I hear what you are saying but he says all you have to say is no or stop.  I understand if a situation is very intense and one or the other partners might say stop but not really mean stop but if stop is all that is needed...How can a safeword give her more peace of mind? 

This is what I hope Eva can fix. That she can finally make him realize that Corinne is responsible for all of her "misfortunes" not Gideon.

Hi Insideofclouds, 

At the end of the day, Corinne is absolutely responsible for her actions.  She decided to swallow that bottle of pills and as a result she will have to live with the very unfortunate consequences of knowing that those actions led to the miscarriage of her pregnancy.  I hope that Gideon realizes that as well and that just because his father committed suicide, he isn't responsible for everyone else's suicide (Hugh's or Corinne's attempt).

Hi Sscrph & Everyone, 

If you are quoting verbatim, then Eva had to suck Brett's nipple rings to GET him HARD in her, big differene than with Gideon who is always hard or could become with a snap of Eva's fingers. 

I agree though, it is one seriously yucky thought though! :)

Hi Sharonm745,

I think that during the airplane love making scene, Gideon was introducing Eva to something new and potentially very scary.  It may also have potentially triggered bad memories that Eva had (due the past abuse).  I think that Gideon was doing everything within his power to let Eva know that although she may have been wearing restraints she was the one person who would be in complete control of the situation.  If she said one word to Gideon then the entire scene would have ended, the cuffs would have come off and they would have proceeded to making love without restraints.  That was my take on that passage.  What does everyone think?

Hi Fayeth,

I read your posting about Brett and the video s** tapes and it started thinking about the longevity of one of those types of scandals and although it would be a huge pain in the behind, if someone was trying to capitalize off of such a tape, there would no doubt that Brett (if he knew about the tape and was trying to profit off of it) could gain notoriety from such a tape.  The thing about these kinds of tapes is that they usually wind up being one hit wonders.  So although Brett might become famous and make money from the tape, it would be short lived. 

Has anyone seen the number of “pseudo†celebrities that made s** tapes, only to become yesterdays’ news after a while.  Sooner or later, people lose interest in such things and something else more embarrassing and stupid comes along and people forget.

The real question would then become if Brett had any real talent, not by Eva’s standards (or past hormonal feelings) but whether the public at large would like his music and lyrics and buy the CD’s. 

Hi Sharonm745,

I read your posting and I was wondering whether Gideon would honour what he had said in the first book; even if Gideon couldn’t have all of Eva (by that I interpret Eva’s past because she was very promiscuous) he would take her any way he could get her.  Wouldn’t that include the fact that an inadvertent se* tape?  Eva never willingly made that tape and she had no knowledge of its existence prior to Gideon telling her.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Barb55,

You make a very good observation.  You are right in that Brett never really knew Eva and as such still doesn’t know her.  I think that if Brett ever had real feelings for her (that didn’t include Eva “servicing†him), there would be no way he would want the rest of the world to know what went on in their private lives.

I think that if Brett knew about this tape and was capitalizing on this sensational piece of footage, it is simply more confirming evidence that Brett is a horn dog extraordinaire!!   What do you think?  What does everyone think?

HI Sharonm745,

I think that some of the other posts made a great point in that if Christopher Jr. had the s** tape and was trying to use it for either spite or financial gain, I agree.  I don’t think that Gideon would let it get that far.  I agree that I don’t think that Gideon would let anyone hurt Eva.  He has made it his mission in life to protect the woman he loves, his “angelâ€. 

Hi Everyone,                                                        

I wonder if Ireland has any opinion about her mother selling her shares to Gideon to alleviate the financial burden.  What does everyone think?

Hi Whiteybitey,

I read your posting about Detective Graves and I think that she is using Eva as bait.  I don’t think that the investigation is over by a long shot and I don’t think that everything is going to be as clear cut as “seems†to be laid out in the book.  Then again who knows, maybe everything is clear cut.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Rogue,

You make a good point about Gideon.  I think that he is still learning to trust.  I think that he has never had to account to anyone else and that maybe something new for him.  I also think that maybe Gideon thinks that his way is the best way (given his point of view and thoughts at the time), but the counsel of Eva is what balances him (i.e. when Eva sought out to get ahead of the potential Deanna scandal).  I think that maybe it is a learning process for the both of them.  Instead of dating and learning to work these things out, Gideon and Eva skipped the middle part and now have to learn together as a solidified couple (going to the chapel…).  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Rogue,

Could it be that Deanna’s agenda is money?  Money always seems to talk in some situations.  If you can’t have what you want (Deanna having Gideon) then have what you want (Deanna helping herself to wad of cash courtesy of Gideon)?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Peachies,

Did you notice how Elizabeth Vidal was orchestrating the entire scenario at the hospital (ye I stated that in another posting), but when I went back and re-read the passage, I noticed that Jean Francois was almost like an outsider himself.  Corinne was his wife and yet he seemed to be playing second fiddle during the entire situation.  My question would be why wouldn’t Jean Francois tell Elizabeth Vidal to sit down and shut the heck up?!  Did you/anyone also notice that Corinne’s parents weren’t stepping up in support of him either?  Do you have any thoughts?

Hi Sscrph,

What an interesting thought.  It is true that Eva is Monica’s daughter and Monica is married to Stanton, so it could make sense that they might still be on the suspect list.  Hey here’s an idea.  Victor finds out about Eva’s past, freaks out, gets on a plane to come and see his daughter and confront the mother of his child. 

Victor calls Monica demanding a meeting because he is way off!!  Monica finds out that she/Stanton are still suspects and she begins to explain what was going on during her marriage to Mr. Barker.  Presto, wham, Victor and Monica wind up horizontal…what do you think? What does everyone think?