SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Everyone,

I was reading everyone’s posting on Clancy and my question would be; if Clancy knew about what was going on, then why didn’t he do something to prevent Eva’s abuse?  I guess at what point did Clancy know, what he knew and what did he do to correct the situation if any? 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sharonm745,

Do you think that Cary would have told Tatiana about the whole orgy thing or do you think that he would have been smart enough to keep that kind of information to himself?  It would be a real shame if Tatiana was the one to betray Cary’s confidence (if he told her).

Hi Nrock,

I think that Eva has been the only constant in his life since he met her.  Eva has always been the one to help him get his head screwed on straight when he has screwed up (case in point the orgy scene), but I have to wonder if Cary isn’t worried even just a little bit over the fact that Eva is moving on with her life?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Hi Sscrph,

Do you think that Tatiana hooked up with Cary because he was finally starting to get noticed?  He landed a few accounts in a short amount of time, or do you think that Tatiana thinks that Cary has money and she hooked up with him with that assumption in mind?

Hi Jennpenn926,

I agree that Detective Graves wouldn’t waste any sleep over the loss of Nathan or the Russian mob.  I just get the sense that this woman wouldn’t be the kind of detective that would sit on evidence that could help further her career.  If she could solve Nathan’s murder and find some incriminating evidence against the Russian mob, then all-the better. I think she would be laughing all the way down to the promotions ceremony. 

I think you are absolutely right.  She doesn’t know whose planting what evidence and trying to frame whom for what.  So from that perspective I could see her being very nervous.  Again, I think it could relate back to her professional career being on the line.  She and her partner are responsible for the investigation of these two crimes.  So I guess only time will tell how these complex storylines will play out and whether the “good detective†has a heart or whether she is looking out for herself.

I have to agree with everyone who is anti-Victor/Monica.  I don't think they would be happy with each other even if they tried to go there.  I would like to see Monica release Victor somehow so that he can move on and find someone who would love him.  I know Monica says she loves him but Victor needs someone who will, not only love him but love the life he can give them. I think the life Victor offers is a good one for most women. 

This is a good man who loves his daughter and wants what is best for her.  He recognized that she was going through something (her mother didn't) and found appropriate help for her.  My guess is the shrinks that didn't connect with Eva were high priced guys instead of shrinks who knew how to connect with a young person.  Victor found someone who used different tactics to reach his young patients. 

Hi Sharonm745,

Victor did a great job of being a dad to Eva.  Although Monica provided the monetary lifestyle, it seems that Victor provided the much needed guidance and emotional support that Eva needed as a young adult (and needed desperately as a child).  He also listened to his gut and got Eva help when she needed it the most. 

It is somehow funny and yet sad, Victor seems to be the only "parent" out of the two of them, constantly.  Eva can talk to her dad and even yell at him and he never waivers.  Eva never worries about upsetting her dad or worries about his fagility.  It is heartwarming to see that Eva had someone very stable in her life (even if it was for her late teenage years and young adult life).  Did you or anyone else notice that? 

I can relate to this on personal level but we won't go into detail. The right frame of mind Gideon wants Eva to be in is a submissive one. If you read the cuffs attach to Eva but not to anything else, so she really isn't bound to anything. But Gideon wants her to feel bound and helpless to him. "A prisoner to his l.ust" without pushing her to far. The safeword really is for her to give her peace of mind that she can stop the encounter at any moment.

Hi Jennpenn926, 

I just wanted to add that stopping the scene is never a form of punishment either (i.e. all love making ends).  It just means that what was going before (cuffs, binds, blindfolds, etc.) come off. 

Hi Jennpenn926,

You made another good point.  I never noticed that the cuffs weren’t attached to anything.  If they were attached to something, it wasn’t mentioned in the book.  So what you are saying then is that the cuffs were more of a symbolic representation of Gideon binding Eva to him (his heart binding with hers).  Am I correct? 

Hi Everyone,

I was reading everyone’s posting on Clancy and my question would be; if Clancy knew about what was going on, then why didn’t he do something to prevent Eva’s abuse?  I guess at what point did Clancy know, what he knew and what did he do to correct the situation if any?

Hi Gigi

Clancy worked for Stanton, he wouldn't have been around when Eva was abused. Wrong husband. :)

Hi Gigi

Clancy worked for Stanton, he wouldn't have been around when Eva was abused. Wrong husband. :)

Hi Julie, 

That was my question.  When Monica and Clancy both saw Nathan outside of the Crossfire Building I wondered how Clancy might have been so familiar with him.  I wasn't sure if Monica/Clancy/Eva all came as a package deal when she married Stanton.  Good to know.  Thanks. :)

Hi Julie, 

That was my question.  When Monica and Clancy both saw Nathan outside of the Crossfire Building I wondered how Clancy might have been so familiar with him.  I wasn't sure if Monica/Clancy/Eva all came as a package deal when she married Stanton.  Good to know.  Thanks. :)

hi Gigi

I'm positive Stanton had Nathan watched or was keeping tabs on him, Clancy would have been in the loop as his security advisor. We don't know how long Clancy worked for Stanton, but it seemed a long time. Had Stanton been married before Monica? Just curious.

I was wondering how long Monica and Stanton have been married?

Barker was at least 4years.

Mitchell ?

Stanton ?

Being on this forum makes you read so much more into the story.

Hi Julie, 

hi Gigi

Just another thought.

Clancy would have done right by Eva, regarding the abuse, unlike the other staff members, who should hang their heads in shame. I don't care if they feared for their jobs, ignoring a poor child to be abused is abhorrent.

Hi Everyone,

I was reading everyone’s posting on Clancy and my question would be; if Clancy knew about what was going on, then why didn’t he do something to prevent Eva’s abuse? I guess at what point did Clancy know, what he knew and what did he do to correct the situation if any?

Hi Gigi,

Clancy works for Stanton, Monica's 3rd husband.

Eva was abused by the son of Monica's 1st husband. Neither Clancy nor Stanton knew either Monica or Eva until several years after the abuse ended - we know this because Monica was married to someone else before she married Stanton.

I haven't read through all of the posts here as I've been crazy busy the past few days, but this popped up and I have to agree. I don't want Victor with Monica. I don't think Monica is good enough for Victor... sorry.

Totally agree with this even though I am greatly disappointedthat Victor fell for Mommyca's feminine wiles...

Sylvia has done it again.

In Bared we have a Daniel - Crosstrainer

In Reflected we have Daniel - Las Vegas

Now we have in Entwined Eric/Erik

Erik the bassist and Eric the flight attendant.

How strange.

This just popped into my head... Do you think that when Brett said that Eric was dealing with some issues that came up on the tour he meant the sex tape...I found this to be a curious comment when I first read the book and now red flags are going up in my head???

hi Gigi

I'm positive Stanton had Nathan watched or was keeping tabs on him, Clancy would have been in the loop as his security advisor. We don't know how long Clancy worked for Stanton, but it seemed a long time. Had Stanton been married before Monica? Just curious.

I was wondering how long Monica and Stanton have been married?

Barker was at least 4years.

Mitchell ?

Stanton ?

Being on this forum makes you read so much more into the story.

I think Monica has been married to Stanton about 4 years...

Hi Sharonm745,

I think that during the airplane love making scene, Gideon was introducing Eva to something new and potentially very scary.  It may also have potentially triggered bad memories that Eva had (due the past abuse).  I think that Gideon was doing everything within his power to let Eva know that although she may have been wearing restraints she was the one person who would be in complete control of the situation.  If she said one word to Gideon then the entire scene would have ended, the cuffs would have come off and they would have proceeded to making love without restraints.  That was my take on that passage.  What does everyone think?

But what I didn't really get is that she is not really restrained that are just on her wrists but not connected together... I guess I just can't get FSOG out of my mind but I guess this whole scenario was a mental restraint not a physical one if that makes sense???

Hi Barb55,

I don’t personally think that Gideon and Corinne spent a lot of time with either of their families. He could barely stand to spend an extended amount of time with Corinne, let alone anyone else. I sincerely couldn’t see either of them attending a family function or that the engagement would have even been celebrated with a party of sorts by either family.

I think that once Gideon proposed and Corinne said yes, he realized the error of his ways. I think that he became panic stricken and started to realize just exactly what being engaged to the “wrong†woman would mean to him and his life (which may have also made him panic even more).

I think that maybe Elizabeth Vidal may have manipulated the situation. I am sure that Corinne would have run home to her family gushing that Gideon (the man that she was crazy in love with) and she were getting married and I think that Corinne’s parents picked up the phone to contact Elizabeth Vidal and thus began the closeness and “pseudo wedding planningâ€.

I think that the families were friends, said hi, got together occasionally and probably ran in the same social circles, but the advent of the upcoming wedding probably made these families come together even more. What does everyone else think?

At the end of Bared to You, Gideon told Eva that Corrine proposed to him. In any case and like you say, the families probably were friends when a wedding was looming. But Corrine is still married, her husband in town, and shame on whoever called Gideon in. He had absolutely no reason to be there at that extremely private time. Even if Corrine was asking for him. That's dysfunction.

Hi Barb55,

You make a very good observation.  You are right in that Brett never really knew Eva and as such still doesn’t know her.  I think that if Brett ever had real feelings for her (that didn’t include Eva “servicing†him), there would be no way he would want the rest of the world to know what went on in their private lives.

I think that if Brett knew about this tape and was capitalizing on this sensational piece of footage, it is simply more confirming evidence that Brett is a horn dog extraordinaire!!   What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I think when we find out Brett's involvement with the tape and his reaction to it we will finally get to decide for ourselves if he is the nice guy Eva portrays him to be or if he is just a low class studd muffin...Cary stated in the past that he was a decent guy and so far Cary has been pretty astute only Book 4 will tell!!!

Hi Rogue,

Could it be that Deanna’s agenda is money?  Money always seems to talk in some situations.  If you can’t have what you want (Deanna having Gideon) then have what you want (Deanna helping herself to wad of cash courtesy of Gideon)?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Nah. She's got the hots for Gideon and can't figure out 'why Eva.' She's a reporter stalker and because she's been on the inside, literally lol, she can hurt him the only eay she can and get the story at the same time. Now he has her right where he wants her with the deal. BUT, the fact that he's paying her the attention she wants is irritating. Poor Eva.