Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

my question....If Gideon moved into the next door apartment the week during Cary's stay in the hospital, did he stay only at the penthouse for the following weeks or at the apartment to be near Eva?  That is confusing...Liked it when she asked, "where did you get the suit?  I know you didn't have it in your pocket"

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my question....If Gideon moved into the next door apartment the week during Cary's stay in the hospital, did he stay only at the penthouse for the following weeks or at the apartment to be near Eva? That is confusing...Liked it when she asked, "where did you get the suit? I know you didn't have it in your pocket"

While Eva was in that apartment, so was he, while Nathan was alive. Once Nathan died the threat was gone. He needed to get to Eva quickly just in case. He could have stayed next door afterwards, just to be close to her.

We do know he was at his penthouse some nights. Eva found him there at the end of Reflected

Couple of things - one I think Eva's position changed even before Gideon came to her apt. I think he realized it when he called her and said, "You've got the advantage, state your demands." I can't see him letting himself be that submissive to any of his other f-buddies before - even if he just thinks he's toying with her.

Two - speaking of rationalizations, when Eva tells Cary she doesn't know the name of the sexy new neighbor, does she justify the lie by meaning the person playing the role (Gideon) hasn't given her the name of his persona? Doesn't seem like her.

Couple of things - one I think Eva's position changed even before Gideon came to her apt. I think he realized it when he called her and said, "You've got the advantage, state your demands." I can't see him letting himself be that submissive to any of his other f-buddies before - even if he just thinks he's toying with her.

Two - speaking of rationalizations, when Eva tells Cary she doesn't know the name of the sexy new neighbor, does she justify the lie by meaning the person playing the role (Gideon) hasn't given her the name of his persona? Doesn't seem like her.

Oh right! I forgot about that! I didn't understand why she didn't think she was lying. That makes sense...if she was thinking of Gideon as the neighbor and playing it in her head. Cary had to have known right away like he said...I like how he kept asking her.

How I interpreted what Gideon said to Eva in Chapter 2 was this:

• To deal with his loneliness and the need to "get out of his own head" so to speak, he'd use women as a diversion.
  • I think that in the hotel room itself, he focused all the attention on whatever woman was there as a way to shift the attention away from himself.
  • Pleasuring them was a way to maintain constant control over the situation itself. It kept them "at his mercy" so to speak.
  • Toys were a pretty surefire way to keep them at his mercy -- most of these women probably had B.O.B. at home, and so a threesome with a B.O.B. and Gideon was a surefire way to make them come.
  • His definition of full-blown sex involved using his d***. But this also involved in his mind -- I think -- actual intimacy, something he very much tried to avoid.
  • Perhaps he was still regretting his one failed attempt at true intimacy -- Corrine -- and so was determined to avoid any emotional entanglement ever again.
  • I think that every so often he got so h**** in the heat of the moment that he did end up "going all the way." But those poor women ended up worse off than the women he simply toyed with (bad pun intended). Because if he did stick his d*** into them, he'd immediately go on a head trip. Look at how shut down and cold he turned on Eva when he went on that first-sex headtrip.
  • Perhaps Magdalene really had it literally right when she said once Gideon stuck his d*** in a woman, he was done. At best, he probably maintained short-term fooling-around-with relationships with the women he'd take to the hotel, but any woman who he actually had intercourse with (like Deanna) got asked to leave immediately and then never got contacted again.

Ok...thanks LN...i think I get it. Although maybe a lil grossed by it lol..Servicing all those women ...

Hi Everyone,

I had the opportunity to read the second chapter again and I found some really interesting points.

• The reader has the opportunity to see how Gideon and Eva communicate with one another and it seems that despite the latest revelations, they are still struggling.

• Eva is still rearing from Gideon’s deception about Corinne.  Instead of directly confronting Gideon about what happened, she refers back to the discussion with Dr. Peterson and Gideon’s explanation of what “sexual encounters†meant to him. 

• It seems like Gideon is splitting hairs and to this reader it almost seems like that in a subtle way, he is trying to control the release of the information he wants to impart, thereby controlling the tone and direction of the conversation. 

• Despite that little interaction, nothing has been resolved yet.  It is obvious that these two still have a lot of work to do in the communication department.

What does everyone else think?   

Wait, see, I was confused by this. So all these women he took back to the hotel, the majority of them, he didn't actually sleep w/. So, he just serviced them? No, they serivced him? I didn't get it. But he did sleep w/ Deanna. So, when exactly was he 'not finished yet' when he answered the call as she told Eva? I don't get that whole thing. Sorry for allthe typos on this page and the others. Got my son climbing my legs and sliding down right now lol

Hi Nathalia, 

When I read the chapter I wasn't exactly sure of what went on during one of his sessions in the f**k pad.  I got the impression that Gideon used these women to get them off, but no mention was made as to whether these women provided some measure of oral s** on him.  If he didn't have full penetration with the majority of these women, then isn't it a little odd that he would pick up women simply to give them ? 

Is it just me or does anyone else find that odd?  If two individuals mutually decide to have a s****l encounter then wouldn't these women find it odd that Gideon would say...no se* but hey I have all these s** toys and I am going to get you off?  So then Gideon wouldn't be placing his hands on the women (or maybe the majority of them), he would be using se* toys as his substitute d**k...weird!  What does everyone else think?

I had the impression that he just wanted company for the most part and serviced the women.  He would engage in the actual act occasionally (Deanna) but it didn't really mean anything to him.  In the middle of doing business he took a phone call and just dismissed Deanna and made her feel cheap.   My guess is that was a common occurrence.  I'm thinking he used the toys and maybe his finger to avoid emotions on his part. Therefore, he regular morning shower included masturbation. 

Hi Sharonm745, 

How could any woman not feel cheap after meeting some guy in a bar, hotel, etc. agree to go back to a hotel to have s** and then when the deed is done, they are sent packing.  What one earth would ever make someone think that that impersonal act of s** wasn't exactly what is was.  It was random, consensual but strictly s** with no strings attached.

I don't condone this, don't get me wrong, I just find it astounding that women pick up men in bars or at social gatherings, or allow themselves to be picked, sleep with a guy and then start crying when the guy turns around and says it was fun and see you later.   Do these women honestly think that by sleeping with some random guy that they are going to get him to fall in love?  What does everyone think? 

Hi Sharonm745, 

How could any woman not feel cheap after meeting some guy in a bar, hotel, etc. agree to go back to a hotel to have s** and then when the deed is done, they are sent packing.  What one earth would ever make someone think that that impersonal act of s** wasn't exactly what is was.  It was random, consensual but strictly s** with no strings attached.

I don't condone this, don't get me wrong, I just find it astounding that women pick up men in bars or at social gatherings, or allow themselves to be picked, sleep with a guy and then start crying when the guy turns around and says it was fun and see you later.   Do these women honestly think that by sleeping with some random guy that they are going to get him to fall in love?  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi

Perhaps Deanna read more into the situation. But hey , if she sleeps with a guy she has only just met, -"hello, nice weather"- want a s*ag"-then more fool her. Easy comes to mind.

Do you think Gideon's initial thoughts about Eva were just to use toys/fingers/whatevers on her? When did using her as a one time thing turn into wanting more? Don't you think it happened before the s*x in the limo?

Hi Gayle, 

I think that as soon as Gideon and Eva had s** that clinched the deal for him.  I think that for the first time in his life he completely and instantly fell in love with a woman.  She enjoyed the type of se* that he enjoyed and they both seemed to click right from the very start.  They had previous s****l encounters (or at least attempts or partial completions of s** acts in; Gideon's office, the nightclub and at Eva's apartment).  If Gideon was in like with Eva before s** in the limo, he was completely in love by the time they got to the limo scene.

My answer is yes, from my perspective Gideon instantly fell in love with Eva when he laid eyes on her.  The s** acts between them simply solidified this for Gideon.  What do you think?  What does everyone else think?

Hi Gigi

Perhaps Deanna read more into the situation. But hey , if she sleeps with a guy she has only just met, -"hello, nice weather"- want a s*ag"-then more fool her. Easy comes to mind.

Hi Julie, 

I guess that is what surprises me the most.  When you only just meet someone does that person really believe that the man they just met is going to fall in love with them or does that woman think that by offering sex to the man they are attracted to, will be enough to catch said interest and then that they will fall in love with the woman?

I can't tell you the number of times I have heard of women taking men to bed in the hopes of said man falling in love with said women.   Listen, we are all spectacular human beings within our own right, but none of us has magical vagin***.  They are sold at Walmar* or at the local s** shop.  If they did, EVERY SINGLE WOMAN on this planet would be out buying one!  Of that I am absolutely sure!

I think the apartment next door is romantic and I think deep down Eva does too especially seeing that it is decorated with both of their furniture I thought this was really romantic on Gideon's part and sending her a strong message!!

Hi Ssrph, 

I agree with you in that it was romantic that Gideon chose the apartment next door to Eva.  Where I found the scenario odd was in his varied placement of Eva's exact furniture in said apartment.  He was trying to recreate something that didn't exist.  Gideon has his apartment and style, as does Eva.  What I would have personally liked was when Eva found out about said apartment, maybe they could have chosen the things in the apartment together (circumstances and time may not have permitted, I get that).  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Anne Lucas has her own agenda. A woman scorned and brother committing suicide because he would have been outed as a rapist. Nice family!

Hi Julie, 

I think that Anne Lucas is definately a person that needs to be watched.  I so horrified by the fact that she tried to seduce Cary, Eva's roomate in attempts to get back at Gideon (thereby Eva inadvertently).  I seriously think that this woman is pure EVIL and a serious contender for being an absolute whack-job!!!  What do you think?   What does everyone else think? 

Hi Julie, 

I guess that is what surprises me the most.  When you only just meet someone does that person really believe that the man they just met is going to fall in love with them or does that woman think that by offering sex to the man they are attracted to, will be enough to catch said interest and then that they will fall in love with the woman?

I can't tell you the number of times I have heard of women taking men to bed in the hopes of said man falling in love with said women.   Listen, we are all spectacular human beings within our own right, but none of us has magical vagin***.  They are sold at Walmar* or at the local s** shop.  If they did, EVERY SINGLE WOMAN on this planet would be out buying one!  Of that I am absolutely sure!

I think what hurt her, was this gorgeous guy, in the middle of dipping his wick, answered his phone! Telling her she was done. Bit cruel, didn't even offer a drink to her. Hence her name for him. The iceman. Will she learn from this? I will look out for the magical vag*nas when I go shopping. Wonder where they put the barcodes!

Hi Julie, 

I think that Anne Lucas is definately a person that needs to be watched.  I so horrified by the fact that she tried to seduce Cary, Eva's roomate in attempts to get back at Gideon (thereby Eva inadvertently).  I seriously think that this woman is pure EVIL and a serious contender for being an absolute whack-job!!!  What do you think?   What does everyone else think?

hi Gigi

Seems like it runs in the family!

Dangerous springs to mind.

my question....If Gideon moved into the next door apartment the week during Cary's stay in the hospital, did he stay only at the penthouse for the following weeks or at the apartment to be near Eva?  That is confusing...Liked it when she asked, "where did you get the suit?  I know you didn't have it in your pocket"

Hi Jmhope, 

I liked that quote too.  I think that Gideon went back and forth from his penthouse to the apartment.  I too am not sure how much time he spent at each location.  What does everyone else think?

I think what hurt her, was this gorgeous guy, in the middle of dipping his wick, answered his phone! Telling her she was done. Bit cruel, didn't even offer a drink to her. Hence her name for him. The iceman. Will she learn from this? I will look out for the magical vag*nas when I go shopping. Wonder where they put the barcodes!

Seriously. At least Eva got offered a brandy in the back of Gideon's limo when he turned into an iceman on her.

With good reason, Eva felt bad for how Deanna had been treated -- and told Gideon as much, reminding Gideon he's been a total jerk even to her (Eva) when he'd had sex with Eva that first time.

hi Gigi

Seems like it runs in the family!

Dangerous springs to mind.

Hi Julie,

I just lost this great post that I was about to post and I forgot…yet again to save before posting…Sigh!!!!

I am not sure about the danger thing running in the family unless you are talking about Anne Lucas and her brother, but I don’t feel the same way about Dr. Lucas.  He is nothing more than a little rodent who goes around and picks at people’s insecurities by making them question their sanity and by planting seeds of doubt.  An adult can fend that little f***** off (I absolutely would be afraid with him and children!!), but his wife is another thing altogether!!

Anne went out of her way to find, investigate, stalk and seduce Cary all in an attempts to get at Eva and thereby Gideon!  If that is not dangerous then I don’t know what is.  I think that this woman is someone to be watched very carefully!!  What do you think?  What does everyone else think?

Hi Julie,

You make a valid point.  I always took a s*ag to be a sha* and nothing more.  No let's grab a drink, no let's have a quick snack...nothing.  I sometimes think that women want to have their cake and eat it too.  I know that when someone has a fling with someone, terms of the arrangement usually are agreed upon.  I think that women become emotionally invested as soon as they pull down their pants and often times get hurt, which is a shame.

I always thought that if a guy were out trolling a bar for some nookie, then I always assumed that manners and proper etiquette weren't high on his priority list.  Do you know what I mean?  What do you think?

Anne Lucas has her own agenda. A woman scorned and brother committing suicide because he would have been outed as a rapist. Nice family!

My gut tells me that woman is pure evil and is someone that needs to be watched in the next book.  I think that everything she did was cold, calculated and done with malice!  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

Hi Julie,

I just lost this great post that I was about to post and I forgot…yet again to save before posting…Sigh!!!!

I am not sure about the danger thing running in the family unless you are talking about Anne Lucas and her brother, but I don’t feel the same way about Dr. Lucas.  He is nothing more than a little rodent who goes around and picks at people’s insecurities by making them question their sanity and by planting seeds of doubt.  An adult can fend that little f***** off (I absolutely would be afraid with him and children!!), but his wife is another thing altogether!!

Anne went out of her way to find, investigate, stalk and seduce Cary all in an attempts to get at Eva and thereby Gideon!  If that is not dangerous then I don’t know what is.  I think that this woman is someone to be watched very carefully!!  What do you think?  What does everyone else think?

hi Gigi

I was referring to Anne and her brother. How many other lives did he ruin, before Gideon confronted him. Anne came on to Gideon, so obviously her marriage was in trouble. She has turned into a bunny boiler. She is a serious threat to Gideon and Eva.

hi Gigi

I was referring to Anne and her brother. How many other lives did he ruin, before Gideon confronted him. Anne came on to Gideon, so obviously her marriage was in trouble. She has turned into a bunny boiler. She is a serious threat to Gideon and Eva.

Hi Julie, 

I agree with you completely.  That woman is pure evil (as I stated in another posting).  Everything she  has done has been cold and calculated.  She also has the medical experience to really mess with someone's head.  I have a feeling that she will play a pivotal role in the next book.  Honestly when I read what she did and said to Eva, I was ready to vomit!  She really got my hackles up!   

Hi Julie,

You make a valid point.  I always took a s*ag to be a sha* and nothing more.  No let's grab a drink, no let's have a quick snack...nothing.  I sometimes think that women want to have their cake and eat it too.  I know that when someone has a fling with someone, terms of the arrangement usually are agreed upon.  I think that women become emotionally invested as soon as they pull down their pants and often times get hurt, which is a shame.

I always thought that if a guy were out trolling a bar for some nookie, then I always assumed that manners and proper etiquette weren't high on his priority list.  Do you know what I mean?  What do you think?

Hi Gigi

She did say, she was treated like a who* e, but she just didn't get paid.

Just thought back to the early days of Bared and how Gideon propositioned Eva. He wasn't a gentleman. He was a dou* he bag!

Hi, jumping in with a quick reminder that this one particular thread is designed specifically for one chapter per day, especially for readers who are still working on the early chapters but have not yet finished.

The main "SPOILER" thread (and yes, I misspelled that word when I set up the other thread) is for any and everything everywhere in the book.