Reflected in You **spoiler thread**

Sylvia Day

6 points leave me puzzled:

1. gideon said to Eve that she would be on top too. sexes.

will be if he was always on top? even with corinne?

2. the number of their sexual relationships. I really want to know why he lied.

3. sex swing, wow. I think he liked going to clubs with this style.

4. what was the level of his bdsm? well, he told Eva that he had no intention of hitting and nothing of the sort.

5. I wonder what were the toys away.

6. when it comes to sex consessual okay. and not consessual he refers to rape?

ps: excuse my English. I'm from Brazil :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 points leave me puzzled:

1. gideon said to Eve that she would be on top too. sexes.

will be if he was always on top? even with corinne?

2. the number of their sexual relationships. I really want to know why he lied.

3. sex swing, wow. I think he liked going to clubs with this style.

4. what was the level of his bdsm? well, he told Eva that he had no intention of hitting and nothing of the sort.

5. I wonder what were the toys away.

6. when it comes to sex consessual okay. and not consessual he refers to rape?

Hi, Caroline. No problem about your english- it's nice to talk with fans from different parts of the world.

This is my take on some of your questions. Please feel free (or anyone else) to further comment or add something I may be missing.

I think Gideon's interest in being a "dominant" is in the sense that his abuse as a child left him feeling powerless. I think he enjoys having control because it allows him to feel power while in a relationship (something stolen from him as child). When he referred to Corrine as his first consensual relationship, he was definitely referring to previous experiences that related to the abuse he suffered. Eva has also mentioned needing at least an equal exchange to counter her feelings about the abuse she endured.

Gideon must be a mild dominant sexual personality in the sense that he seems to only want Eva to submit fully to him sexually- meaning that she trusts him enough to provide the pleasure for both of them. He made it perfectly clear that he has no need to hurt or degrade her sexually. I think it seems to work for them because Eva giving Gideon control seems to satisfy his need to fully and consensually engage in a sexual act the same as Eva may want to relinquish her control so that she can experience a relationship built on trust.

The only reason I questioned Gideon killing Nathan was because of his ability to control himself. He apparently attacked him when he saw the photos he had of Eva and I know he mentioned to Eva that he would find the person who hurt her and insinuated he would make him suffer. Perhaps if he did kill Nathan, he truly thought it out & decided to make it a quick death to make it more difficult to pin it on a particular person. But somehow, I see Gideon as so passionately in love and protective of Eva that he would want Nathan's death to be drawn out- for him to feel more pain than simply a knife through the heart. Whatever happened, I do think he was pulled into the coverup if he didn't commit the act. But doesn't it also seem so convenient that he was at that event so close to Nathan's hotel, knew to separate himself from Eva to dispel motive, and also the camera glitch? Maybe he was in on the murder from day one. But something keeps pulling me back to his comment on wanting Nathan to suffer before he died- something doesn't add up. I am super excited to see what did happen that night. I would hope that Sylvia would let us learn exactly the events of that evening and who did the deed.

Interesting...I remember Gideon going to Stanton after he found out what happened to Eva with Nathan--"Gideon wanted to know what was being done to prevent information leaks, where Nathan was--Gideon wanted to know everything" -----perhaps Stanton and Gideon discussed "other things" as well?

Oi. Sou Brasileira tb.

I think the pictures were taken when Eva had her wild years, and Nathan was following her around, probably he lost track of her until her photos came out on the news.

With so many question to be answer, I sure hope we have a 4th book.

gideon said he saw photos of Eva, the sheriff said they had pictures of her and cary in their routines. then, Sylvia, as were those pictures of eva?

Sylvia said somewhere either on here or on the Facebook page that it wasn't until Gideon took Eva away the same weekend that Cary was attacked that put things in over drive for him. It upped the stakes. So things didn't take a turn for the worse until after that event in book 2.

The fact that the police were back at Stanton and took his computers tell me that they were searching for a greater connection between him and Nathan and maybe he and Gideon. If Gideon didn't kill Nathan he is definitely involved BIG time. The comment he made about taking advantage of an opportunity could mean sooo much! We won’t know until book 3.

The same could be said about the snippet that Sylvia released on NYE where Gideon refers to her knowing everything and she saying its dangerous for him to be there. I think that could mean a number of things. Maybe Christopher is after him, maybe something happened between Gideon and Brett, the police want to talk to Gideon and he's been avoiding them. I try not to get too caught up in the meanings of the scenes from the snippets because there is so much were missing prior to that page and right after. I just enjoy the exchange between Eva and Gideon.

I would be totally surprised if Magdalene doesn't play a bigger part in some of this because after re-reading both books she is almost always connected to some of the big events that occurred in there love story. Except for the last part of the 2nd book once Gideon starts to push Eva away.

I want to see a scene where Gideon confronts Corinne about being in the building that day.

Also, wasn't it great when Eva opened the door at Dr. Lucas office and Gideon was standing against the wall waiting. Which means he was liceting to what was being said. He knew then that she was fighting for him, which is what he always told her he wanted her to do for him.

Having someone fight for him, a women that he loved, means the world for him concidering how his own mother didn't fight for him.

If Gideon could get information about Eva, anyone could. Almost everyone in the book has means to dig up information on Eva. Which means anyone of them could of found out about Nathan and injected him back in Eva's life as a way to break her and Gideon up not really knowing how dangerous he is.

You know Gideon looked that the security cameras and was watching what Corinne was doing that day she was in the building. You know he either knows or has an idea about what Corinne is up to by the time he starts using her a pawn in his plan. I think he just needed to put all the pieces together before he could include Eva in on what was really going on, that or the less she knew the better off she was until it’s all over.

of course, he could of given her a heads up, thrown the girl a bone, something to ease the pain. Eva's a smart girl.

If Gideon could get information about Eva, anyone could. Almost everyone in the book has means to dig up information on Eva. Which means anyone of them could of found out about Nathan and injected him back in Eva's life as a way to break her and Gideon up not really knowing how dangerous he is.

You know Gideon looked that the security cameras and was watching what Corinne was doing that day she was in the building. You know he either knows or has an idea about what Corinne is up to by the time he starts using her a pawn in his plan. I think he just needed to put all the pieces together before he could include Eva in on what was really going on, that or the less she knew the better off she was until it’s all over.

of course, he could of given her a heads up, thrown the girl a bone, something to ease the pain. Eva's a smart girl.

I actually agree with the way Gideon handled the situation. I love my girl Eva, but I think it would've been a colossal mistake to even hint to her what was going on. You see how she reacted when the detective camre to her apartment and questioned her about Nathan. She ###### near had a breakdown. She wasn't ready to have any knowledge of Nathan or his actions. Eva wouldn't have been able to act 'normally' after gaining that knowledge and her reactions needed to be natural in order for this plot to be pulled off. I think Gideon played this one perfectly.

I think Gideon didn't tell her because he needed their "breakup" to look realistic. It was too dangerous a situation to simply hope that Eva would be able to play along once she found out about Nathan. Eva is a smart girl, but she is quite emotional and this was a significant event for her. Gideon repeatedly told her to trust him during the hiatus, but her insecurities or distrust of their relationship led her to believe it was a real breakup. That is why when she did visit Corrine, Dr. Lucas, and Christopher, it proved that she was finally trusting Gideon and also fighting for them (as someone pointed out earlier). She was ready to move forward.

just somethimg that has been puzzling me about something Gideon says to eva in " BTY " ...when eva leaves him in the hotel room after she discovers all the clothes and sex toys she goes to a restaurant and Gideon comes and gets her he says " i can't be seen in public just now ". why? cause it was not explained ..

I thought perhaps he was too upset to sit in public and discuss what happened. Every time Eva runs, it seems to shake him up pretty good (whether he ends up hurt or frustrated). He did call her 21 times, which means he was clearly hysterical about potentially screwing up their new relationship. And if I remember the scene, when he hugged her to his chest, his body was shaking.

I thought about a Corinne and Nathan connection as well. But then I thought there wasn't that much time between the time Eva went to the dinner with Gideon the first time they had sex and when Eva finally met Corinne. If anyone of them were to be connected I would put my money on either Christopher, Magdalene or Dr. Lucas.

Did anyone notice that Monica never once discuss with Eva how she was feeling now that Eva and Gideon were no longer together or communicating once they were at Eva's apartment for the spa day?

Monica never missed an opportunity to talk to Eva about Gideon or how to handle herself with a man like Gideon, and then all of a sudden, silence from Monica.

I wonder if Monica knew or had an idea about what Gideon was up to and was biting her tongue not to say anything to Eva, since it looks like his plan was working?

You are so right about that. Monica seems the kind of mother that would want to know why they are not together anymore, but then again, Eva doesn't give an opportunity for Monica or Cary to say much, and I think they respected her choice of not talking about, specially on the spa day, since Eva was getting relaxed and having fun. Also, maybe Monica thought that Nathan was back because of Gideon, and maybe she blamed him of Nathan return, and was glad that they were broken up.

Did anyone notice that Monica never once discuss with Eva how she was feeling now that Eva and Gideon were no longer together or communicating once they were at Eva's apartment for the spa day?

Monica never missed an opportunity to talk to Eva about Gideon or how to handle herself with a man like Gideon, and then all of a sudden, silence from Monica.

I wonder if Monica knew or had an idea about what Gideon was up to and was biting her tongue not to say anything to Eva, since it looks like his plan was working?

I just think it’s weird that Eva and Monica don' t once have a conversation about her current status with Gideon. She had or has to know that they aren't together when they have spa day at Eva's house. Cary tells Eva that a new hair cut isn't a good decision to make after a breakup.

I think Monica knows about the break up and just keep to herself. Cary could have talked to her before her arrival and ask her to no say anything?

I just think it’s weird that Eva and Monica don' t once have a conversation about her current status with Gideon. She had or has to know that they aren't together when they have spa day at Eva's house. Cary tells Eva that a new hair cut isn't a good decision to make after a breakup.

As I said in an earlier post, never underestimate a mother's love. At the end of RIY, while it was described as Gideon killed Nathan, what I think is equally worth pondering is the fact that Monica def could have also committed the crime. I think as a whole, they all instituted plans to keep Eva safe so Gideon def knows what happen an played a role, what that role is I am not sure.

Also, I don't think Eva's dad is as clueless as we would have been lead to believe....