Reflected in You **spoiler thread**

Sylvia Day

1- I think Cary's abuse will be on EWY, I hope so at least.

2- I personally think that she was faking, and also think that Sylvia will have an explanation on EWY

3- Corine wanted to make Eva jealous, and make her think that Gideon was still crazy about her. Poor Corine

4- don't know...is it a fascination?

1. Me too! I just love him!

2. Yeah, I'm not quite sure I trust this new altruistic Magdalene.

3. I mean, why was she there to begin with? Was she there to see Gideon? Gideon told Eva he hadn't seen her and he didn't know she was in the building. Did she just arrive when Eva did and then just decided to mess with Eva by 'fixing' herself then leaving?

4. I think it's a fascination or a fixation. Every ladyfriend of Gideon's that Eva's ever met looks almost exactly the same. Hhhmmmm...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see someone mention the brunette fascination ! Hadn't seen it anywhere ... but there are lots of comments.

I was thinking it's his Mother that is the root of this, He felt abandoned and ignored my her after remarrying and the new

family. He is looking for that 'love' with the brunettes. And actually Corrine's description is his Mom, 'long black hair and blue eyes'. So it's not Corrine, she just filled the bill.

Love to hear others thoughts ............

Since Corinne and Gideon were together in college it would have to be his mother or an earlier woman. His mother makes perfect sense. Thanks for the response!

I think he left home when she was still really young and could be just the age difference. I have wondered by Eva asked him if he was afraid of her (I think at the beach house when she first mentioned inviting her). She may be innocent of all the stuff that went

on when G was abused. Remains to be seen how they interact when E is back in his life full time .

Reading through Reflected in You a second time, I was confused about a few things.

In chapter 6 when Gideon tells Eva how he got the money to get Cross Industries started, she says she'd "learned, thanks to my mom's third husband, that gambling could become a very nasty and insidious disease that caused total lack of control." I thought it was the second husband that had the gambling issue, unless Stanton also has some sort of connection to it...?

Eva mentioned in BTY and in RIY that she thought Gideon's mother possibly loved him too much. I'm a bit dense and sometimes need things spelled out, but did she think that his mother molested him?

Chapter 10, after Gideon tells Eva that the sex in the limo isn't for her, Eva states, "it didn't matter that he was right. If I'd earned it, so had he." Earned being cheated on or earned the right to punish her?

This last one may be considered a spoiler, but was it a coincidence that the cameras were down for months? Was Gideon possibly planning this way ahead of time?

I think Eva was worried that it was his mother that had molested him, and that is what she meant by her possibly having loved him too much.

I think in the limo she may have been referring to the incident in Gideon's office when she suspected him of having betrayed her with Corinne - she still had her doubts and he had refused to explain and the residual resentment she felt meant she felt he had earned being hurt by her kiss (payback for her pain).

I'm sure Gideon has more than one hotel and he may have chosen this one for Nathan knowing the cameras are down and that this may be useful in the future.

SophiaPehawkins .... This is the limo ride after the fight w/Brett. G is ###### and tells E she's earned his jealous anger. When she finally admits to kissing Brett on purpose to get even so he understands her jealousy about Corrine. He finally understands why her feelings about Corrine are so intense.

Also, think that Stanton is husband #4.

SophiaPehawkins .... This is the limo ride after the fight w/Brett. G is ###### and tells E she's earned his jealous anger. When she finally admits to kissing Brett on purpose to get even so he understands her jealousy about Corrine. He finally understands why her feelings about Corrine are so intense.

Also, think that Stanton is husband #4.

I'm sure Gideon has more than one hotel and he may have chosen this one for Nathan knowing the cameras are down and that this may be useful in the future.

It was mentioned that the hotel where Nathan was killed, was the one where he was staying. Was it a coincidence that he chose one of Gideon's hotels that happened to have the security cameras down? It'll probably be addressed in the next book, if not, it's something I'd love to know.

In BTY, and at some point in RIY (Monica Tramell Barker Mitchell Stanton), she said "Stanton, husband #3..." That was also in the very first chapter. We haven't really been introduced to Stanton. I didn't know what his connection to gambling was.

End of book one, on their way to that dinner is when he made the comment. So that was subsequent to her going on the trip and "unavailable. I feel like that's the next milestone for them and that she already is pregnant.

Gideon was referring to her breast (spilling out)! I don't believe she is pregnant because Sylvia Day was asked on twitter & she said that Eva & Gideon had a long ways to go before they could even consider kids. I thought the same thing especially in RIY when they left the shrinks office & she said she had been off all day & Gideon asked her was she sick. However, because of Sylvia comment I don't believe that she is!

Think the spilling out was the 'dress too small' for her boobs ! She had her period when they went to Las Vegas, so not pregnant - then - and she told she was on birth control at the very beginning.

and ...... Sophia, I did find that mention of her Mom's 'married' names. Very confusing to think that Stanton is the gambler since he is described a financial wiz with investments.

I have a question..... I believe in the first book when Eva is talking to Gideon about him having sex he says he's has as much with her over the last few weeks as he has had the last few years. He said he works out to get out his agression, however when they go to see the therapist he says before Eva he has sex around twice a week. That doesn't seem to add up. Any thoughts.....

I have a question..... I believe in the first book when Eva is talking to Gideon about him having sex he says he's has as much with her over the last few weeks as he has had the last few years. He said he works out to get out his agression, however when they go to see the therapist he says before Eva he has sex around twice a week. That doesn't seem to add up. Any thoughts.....

Someone asked Sylvia Day on twitter and she said that it'll be discussed/ explained in EWY. He either lied to Eva in the beginning or during therapy. I remember SD saying that everything Gideon does has a purpose. That said, I'm curious to know more about this.

There's also a third snippet out: http://pinterest.com/pin/142426406937245165/

Someone asked Sylvia Day on twitter and she said that it'll be discussed/ explained in EWY. He either lied to Eva in the beginning or during therapy. I remember SD saying that everything Gideon does has a purpose. That said, I'm curious to know more about this.

There's also a third snippet out: http://pinterest.com...26406937245165/

I didn't know there was anything to clarify. I thought Gideon was just using a figure of speach when he told Eva he had more sex with her in the last few weeks than he's had in the last few years. I just thought he was saying they have a lot of sex and he'd never had this much sex daily before. Now my interest is definitely piqued...

There's also a third snippet out: http://pinterest.com...26406937245165/

Thanks for the snippet :-)

Monica's gambler husband was #2 !!! Just reading RIY- when Cary and Eva are on G's plane going to Vegas, she says .... My Mom's 2nd husband was a whale (aka big gambler), that's one of the reason she left him ......

On the plane she said it was husband #2 but when she was talking to Gideon in Vegas, she said husband #3.

I love these snippets, but it makes so eager for the book. Sylvia Day really is a great writer.

just a thought.. i don't think it was Gideon who murdered Nathan but it was his chauffer Angus, but only Gideon knows the truth..

Everyone keeps ruling out Clancy & the day that Eva called him at home, I think he was talking to Stanton, Monica, Angus, Clancy & Raul! Just my opinion, they all knew he was in town trying to get money!

just a thought.. i don't think it was Gideon who murdered Nathan but it was his chauffer Angus, but only Gideon knows the truth..

I just can't wrap my brain around Gideon killing Nathan, considering what kind of temper he has and the way he reacted to Brett. I don't think he could stop with just one stab to the chest but with that being said Angus did tell Eva that Gideon knew when to stop during the fight. Af any rate I do believe that Angus is somehow involved. May cant get here soon enough.