Reflected in You **spoiler thread**

Sylvia Day

I just can't wrap my brain around Gideon killing Nathan, considering what kind of temper he has and the way he reacted to Brett. I don't think he could stop with just one stab to the chest but with that being said Angus did tell Eva that Gideon knew when to stop during the fight. Af any rate I do believe that Angus is somehow involved. May cant get here soon enough.

Maybe Angus drove him to and from the hotel, but I think Gideon did it. He said in the beginning of the book that he would kill for her. He's also smart enough to have gotten in and out and back to the party as fast as he could so he wouldn't be spotted anywhere but the chaos of the fire scene. Even with the cameras down where Nathan was staying, someone he knew could have seen him coming or going so he had to be careful and quick.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Angus drove him to and from the hotel, but I think Gideon did it. He said in the beginning of the book that he would kill for her. He's also smart enough to have gotten in and out and back to the party as fast as he could so he wouldn't be spotted anywhere but the chaos of the fire scene. Even with the cameras down where Nathan was staying, someone he knew could have seen him coming or going so he had to be careful and quick.

I know, you're right. I'm just so confused. There is so much to think about.

I do think that Gideon killed Nathan to be sure the threat was gone. I doubt he would risk anyone else on his staff getting caught and I think they were tasked with keeping Eva safe since it was obvious Gideon knew where she was at all times. I'm curious to hear what he told Corrine when he started asking her out again knowing he wanted only to be 'friends' not lovers again. Just so many juicy plot lines to look forward to in EIY

I'm curious to hear what he told Corrine when he started asking her out again knowing he wanted only to be 'friends' not lovers again.

I wondered that myself. Regardless of what he said, Corinne sure did her best to milk it for all it was worth. She was probably hoping it would turn into more eventually.

Or what about Brett? If Nathan was approaching everyone in Eva's life, logically at some point he would have also approached Brett, no?

He probably would have, if things had drawn out long enough. But, if Brett was still breaking into the big-time and had just signed a major label, he probably didn't have too much money...yet, anyway...which is what he was approaching Stanton and Gideon for. I agree, though, he probably would have have approached Brett, if and when Brett accumulated some wealth.

It was explained that with Nathan it wasn't about money but more him seeing Eva as his possession so that's why he was threatened by Gideon's with Eva. He just sees her and his so I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination at all. Although at the end, it is leaning towards Gideon possibly committing the crime although it was explained so clearly and final that there could be a shocker in the upcoming book as well!!!!

i'm just so overwhelmed with these two books. my mind tells me that Gideon killed Nathan but my heart tells me he didn't. the only reason why i think Gideon DIDN'T kill Nathan is because , like Eva said, there's so much more about him than meets the eye, and as much as Gideon despises Nathan for what he did, Gideon still has a heart and the title of a "murderer" doesn't fit into the Gideon Cross persona. I feel like Gideon can be on the verge of killing someone but can never truly complete the act.

His love for Eva is something not many of us can understand. it goes beyond just true love. as ironic as it sounds, its a pure love that consumes his whole body and soul. its innocent and new and all the emotions he feels is coming from deep, deep, inside his heart. its the type of love that protects and comforts. i feel like Gideon became a hopeless romantic after he met Eva and like he said, Eva drives him. The love he feels for her, drives his every breath. If Eva isn't capable of killing Nathan, i don't think Gideon is.

Eva is so strong. Not many people will agree, but considering what shes been through with Nathan and now going through with Gideon, she can still keep true to herself as a woman. It's clear that she is very dependent on the love Gideon gives her but she holds herself up. I don't think psychologically i would be able to deal with what Eva has gone through.

Of course we don't want to believe Gideon or anyone would kill, but I'm not ruling it out. The detective said Nathan was to the point that he was going going through Eva's trash-the point where an obsession is deadly. How many parents say and know in their hearts that they would kill to protect their child. I think Nathan threatened Eva, Gideon or their families and Gideon knew it was a matter of time that in that one moment when Eva or one of them was out of his protective eye, Nathan would harm. Kind of like the saying, "I'm going to kill you." And the other person says, "Not if I kill you first." We'll see. ONLY SYLVIA AND GIDEON KNOW :)

I just stumbled on this and had to share it... Aside from the black diamonds, it looks just like I imagined Eva's ring. TIffany&Co makes a similar one for a 3 or 4K, but this one is more in my price range! Maybe I'll buy myself a belated xmas gift. lol

http://www.overstockjeweler.com/3row-rope-pave-diamond-cz-x-sterling-silver-ring-p-1261.html