The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

Really thew biggie was that Gideon DID kill Nathan. I never doubted that, but I am wondering who was in on it.

She also said that the series will be 4-5 books. They've sold 7 million copies. She also said that people are always asking her if Gideon and Eva are going to have their HEA and her reply is can you imagine either one letting the other go? Or something along those lines. LN posted pretty much the whole interview verbatim on one of the threads, I just can't remember which one.

Mostly over in the brand new thread "Gideon DID Kill Nathan ..." But you were among the others who listened to the actual interview, weren't you Kirsten? I know you were here on the site with several other of us fans yesterday afternoon.

If you did listen, you can attest to not only what Sylvia said but how she said it.

She was very clear and to the point when she revealed the spoiler Gideon had killed Nathan.

She was very re-assuring when she responded to the spoiler question that Gideon and Eva would end up together.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Text of Oscar night snippet:

“Shut up, caveman. I’m not into that ‘me Cross, you Cross little woman’ bull****,†I snapped. “In case you’ve forgotten already, we made a trade. You got me, and I got you. I protect what’s mine.â€

Eva, don’t fight my battles for me. I can take care of myself.â€

“I know that. You’ve been doing it your whole life. Now, you’ve got me. I can handle this one.â€

Other snapshots have tied into snippets, so my guess here is Snapshot #10, of the luxury woman's watch, tied into this snippet. The watch signifies Elizabeth Vidal, Gideon's mother, and the "battle" is the continuation of the confrontations Eva started against both Elizabeth and Dr. Lucas over the cover-up of the sexual abuse Gideon suffered as a child. Gideon is trying to get Eva to back down, and Eva has no intention of doing so.

Why oh why did she make Gideon a murderer?! Nothing justifies murder! He has all the money to shield Eva. There were other options. I dont like this one bit :(

What's the point of his love for her if he couldn't make the one thing that scares her go away..!!? ( Just Asking)

Mrs Crossxxxx

I agree with you. This is something that will haunt them for the rest of their lives. Constantly looking over their shoulder, wondering if new evidence might run up.

Can't see Graves giving up. Be a feather in her cap to arrest and charge Gideon Cross, even if it was murdering a scumbag!

Just hope Victor appreciates what Gideon has done for his daughter when he finally finds out about her abuse, cause I'm sure he will.

Have found myself thinking about this revelation all morning.

:-

Keep in mind, too, we might finally find out (with Gideon finally being honest with Eva) just how dangerous Nathan truly had become. The more dangerous, the better the argument for a form of justifiable homicide (killing to save another life) versus stone-cold murder.

This story has to end with their HEA. We've all invested in these characters.

Happily Ever After is coming. That part also was clear in yesterday's interview. The other big spoiler question the host asked (besides did-Gideon-do-it, that is) was would Gideon and Eva end up together. Sylvia made it clear they'd never let go of one another. 

There sounded like a but at the end of that statement.

But

it's going to be a rocky road?

I took it to be no more break-ups.

• Gideon dumped Eva in Bared. He dumped her the day after she witnessed one of his nightmares for the first time had pulled one of her runners on the spot because refused to be honest with her about it.
  • Eva dumped Gideon in Reflected. She was convinced he was f******* Corrine again because he could no longer bear to continue a sexual relationship with her (Eva) because he'd seen the rape photos of her.

Reasons for both break-ups: a combination of both their issues -- Gideon's secrecy and Eva's insecurities.

Both of those issues are now over at the end of Reflected. Eva faced her own demons, and Gideon dared start opening up.

Then Eva found out about his darkest secret of all, and she ran to him, not away.

My personal thoughts regarding Eva and Giceon in the future are that there may not be anymore break-ups, but there hopefully will be more turmoil and angst between the two of them. I found those story lines in the previous books were my favorite parts. I loved how they would find a way to deal with one another. Without the turmoil between the two, I think the story would become stagnant and boring.

LN Cronan

I so agree with you on all points. There are hopefully no more breakups.

But.

There are lots of issues to get past, before they can have a "normal" relationship.

A lot of people would have run for the hills if their relationship had turned out like Gideon and Eva's in the first few weeks. Intense being an understatement.

Moving forward, I think much of the story will be Gideon and dealing with his issues. Eva had years of therapy to start to change her life for the better, therapy prompted by someone she loves (her Dad) and supported by someone both loves and trusts (Cary). Gideon has had (by the end of Reflected) only about a month and a half of life-altering love that's given him a reason to start -- operative word start -- to change for the better. By the end of Entwined, he'll have had only two months.

Gideon has got a lot of work to do. Now that he's got the support of someone he loves and now trusts, he can really start changing.

so the watch says 11:05 or so, any ideas on what that time would signify if its the time not the watch??

And this is clearly going to be 5 books, not done in four...my opinion

Well if its based on the time, maybe it's a lunch date..!! Monica and Eva..!? Eva meeting up with Gideon..!??

What's the point of his love for her if he couldn't make the one thing that scares her go away..!!? ( Just Asking)

Hi MrsCrossfire,

I know that the concept of "I'd kill for you" sounds romantic, but in all reality we are talking about premeditated murder.  What is so romantic about that?  There are so many ways that Gideon, Monica and Stanton could have dealt with Nathan.  As soon as that man walked in the door with videos and photos (presumably of Eva being raped and tortured when she was a child), any one of those individuals could have called the cops and it would have been game over for Nathan, but somewhere deep down inside everyone decided that the best way to deal with Nathan was to kill him....where's the logic in that?!

The police would have arrested Nathan and then begun their investigation, which would have lead to all the evidence of Nathan stalking Eva and that would have resulted in more charges and given the fact that there was documented evidence of Nathan brutally raping and torturing Eva, Nathan would have gone to prison for a VERY LONG TIME if not for life. 

So I guess my question for you is why choose murder when there were so many other viable options that would have secured Eva's safety for a lifetime?  What does everyone think?

Why oh why did she make Gideon a murderer?! Nothing justifies murder! He has all the money to shield Eva. There were other options. I dont like this one bit :(

Hi Mrs.CrossXxXxX,

I agree with your position.  I think that there were so many other ways Nathan could have been dealt with; including a nice long lengthy prison stay (he could have been charged with so many criminal offenses that would have ensured that Nathan probably would have gone to jail for the rest of his life).  It almost seems that yet again everyone didn't trust that Eva could be capable of testifying against Nathan in a trial, so for convenience sake and for the sake of their reputations and good names, it was easier to kill Nathan.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Yes it appears he will do anything for Eva even kill. This upsets me because they already has so much baggage and then add a murder? yes Nathan deserved it but couldn't she write his death as Gideon using self defense instead of a calculated murder.

Yes!  Finally!!  I agree!! Gideon was committing premeditated murder and there is nothing romantic about that! 

Gideon doesn't believe in the system. I think thats why it makes sense that he killed Nathan. He was burn as a child and never got past that.

Hi Jls1216,

How could Gideon have not believed in the system?  Gideon supposedly told his mother about the abuse and she didn't do anything about it.  Sylvia did not make any mention of Gideon saying something to anyone else.  It is unclear if Gideon confessed that the abuse was going on to the doctors that examined him (but hopefully there was physial evidence to support his mother's suspicions). 

So I guess my question to you is how could Gideon have been so jaded toward the system?  His mother and his family, yes I could completely see that scenario but the criminal justice system, I don't know?  Please explain. Thanks in advance.