The New Entwined Clues Sylvia Is Posting

LN Cronan

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Tuesday! Twice-weekly snapshot will come this morning (likely around 9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time based on when all the other ones thus far have hit the Internet.)

Today will be a glimpse into Chapter 11. Recap of the snapshots of chapters 1-10:

1. The word "Press" super-imposed over a fuzzy background shot of a newspaper page. A fancy pen in the foreground.

2. Unwrapped Christmas present boxes

3. The word "Business" next to a cup of coffee

4. A microphone on a stand

5. A pile of neatly-folded white terrycloth towels, wrapped in a red ribbon.

6. A bathtub in a modern-style bathroom

7. An open bottle of red wine, nearly full, and in front of it, one wine glass holding some wine. Near it is a small vase holding four red roses.

8. Two different types of pills in blister packs plus a bottle of some sort of liquid medication. The meds are on a glass coffee table in front of a white couch.

9. Fuzzy shot of a crowded dance floor. One woman in the center of the shot is in semi-focus.

10. A diamond and gold women's watch.

Here's the link to the page where the snapshots (and snippets too) all are posted: http://www.sylviaday.com/category/snippet/

On the fb page there is a small snapshot of Chapter 1 slighty blurred round the edges. has anyone else seen it?

I have. From what I can read, Eva is being driven away from Gideon's apartment (probably by Clancy -- he's the one who drove her there from Krav Maga at the very end of Reflected.)

The final words I can make out are ...."intense Krav Maga class, and my mind was spinning ...."

Obviously, Eva was thinking back to everything that had unfolded starting with Detective Graves approaching her at Krav Maga to leak to Eva the fact the cops figured out Gideon killed Nathan -- the detective's theories of how, and more importantly, why. How she (Eva) had run right to Gideon's doorstep, and how he had found her there. Him falling to his knees when Eva revealed why she was there .... (the last we knew, they were hugging with Eva vowing they would face things together.)

Although the shot is careful to avoid the brand of the car (likely out of copyright respect) I'm guessing this is Gideon's Mercedes. It's the car he and Eva went off together in -- just the two of them, with him driving -- to have their serious talk near the end of Reflected, the talk in which Eva explains his secrecy is a deal-breaker -- and where he breaks the wall of secrecy by starting to discuss the abuse he suffered as a child. This is also the car where some beat cop found Eva in his lap hugging him, a cop who told them to break it up and drive away, or else she'd charge them with public indecency.

So two thoughts on Chapter 11:

1. An ominous plot turn about the blowback of Gideon publicly going after Eva one day before Reflected ended -- "rescuing" her from the clutches of one of his worst enemies (Dr. Lucas), the pair of them going off together in public, and Gideon being spotted by a cop alone with Eva, the pair of them in one another's arms.
  2. A continuation of the abuse history discussion, a talk Gideon and Eva might have in his car

Although the shot is careful to avoid the brand of the car (likely out of copyright respect) I'm guessing this is Gideon's Mercedes. It's the car he and Eva went off together in -- just the two of them, with him driving -- to have their serious talk near the end of Reflected, the talk in which Eva explains his secrecy is a deal-breaker -- and where he breaks the wall of secrecy by starting to discuss the abuse he suffered as a child. This is also the car where some beat cop found Eva in his lap hugging him, a cop who told them to break it up and drive away, or else she'd charge them with public indecency.

So two thoughts on Chapter 11:

• An ominous plot turn about the blowback of Gideon publicly going after Eva one day before Reflected ended -- "rescuing" her from the clutches of one of his worst enemies (Dr. Lucas), the pair of them going off together in public, and Gideon being spotted by a cop alone with Eva, the pair of them in one another's arms.
  • A continuation of the abuse history discussion, a talk Gideon and Eva might have in his car

I agree..!

Oh! I know it's an Aston Martin. The best car we have ever made in the UK.

Throwing out some possibilities:

• Gideon is maintaining another car (an Aston) somewhere, one not registered directly to him and thus one the cops wouldn't know about. It's part of his sneaking around with Eva.
  • Brett's being flashy with his new found success, driving around an Aston, and this is pushing Gideon's buttons (not that Brett would have any clue about that.) Gideon knows Eva's got a thing about sex in cars.